Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 02:25

Plan: keto
Stats: 170/167/140 Female 67.2 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Giving this a go

Hi xx

I've tried every sort of low carb diet and while I feel great on them I can't maintain them long term, my OH is doing a sort of 5 day a week low carb and then what he wants on his days of (weds n sun) and he's lost over a stone! Inspired by that I started looking and found CAD, I've ordered the books on Amazon so I'll start properly next week after my birthday also I have a ton of fruit in the house I need to eat up and I hate waste!

I need to find a long term healthy eating plan and I'm hoping this is it!

Roz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 03:06
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Roz from another one.

Just wanted to say welcome back, and all the best this time. We have some folk here who have been really successful on CAD/CALP, so they are sure to help you on your way.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 11:18

BF:

Hi Roz, (love saying that, don't often have the chance)

Thanks for the welcome!

R x
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 16:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Roz-
welcome! I have been doing this for 13 years- so I think it's maintainable. But it is a commitment. To me it's not a diet for weight loss- it's a new way of eating for health.
Welcome- and please post and tell us what you are doing.
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Thu, Jun-09-16 at 07:22.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 16:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Eno and Roz are right: you can be successful on any low carb plan, but you do have to really commit to it.

Not just till the weight is lost, but for good. Because we, nearly all of us here, really ARE addicted to carbs. Mine are the sweet ones. So I avoid them at all costs.

Get to a point where you feel like what you are eating, low carb, is the best possible food you could possibly want, and the lure of the carbohydrate loses a lot of its pull.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 01:28

BF:

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I've done low carb on and off for years - too many years! The trouble is I find I feel I miss out sometimes by eating this way, sounds very childish and I guess it is, thats why I thought I'd give carb addicts a go, so I can have one meal the same as everyone else or similar.

I haven't received my CALP books yet so I haven't read the rules fully, the trouble is now, I'm a bit blasé about low carb and think I know it all 😀 And I could make lots of mistakes that way. Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud now, I'm considering doing Atkins for a week or two then doing CALP, I've had such a rubbish diet recently and I'm looking forward to feeling better and controlling blood sugar swings with low carb.

It's early here in the uk, and I'm not awake yet, it's taken ages to write this - need more coffee!

Have a good day everyone
Roz x
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-16, 11:41

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Just saying Hi. I have been quite successful doing calp (with- by MY choice - not a rule at all, a daily calorie limit) and am back because my first year of maintenance - wasn't. I've regained some and am back to retake it off. Love this way of eating. Hope it is the right plan for you as well.