Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 05:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I know WHY I just love this thread. So much experience and wisdom from you ladies!!!!!! I get something EVERYDAY here. A take away here and there - always!

NIC- Your trip sounds amazing! I love that you are walking and just flat our having a great time! I love your description of your journeys!!! Send a pic of two if your can! Doesn't that walking FEEL wonderful!!!!!!

BLUE- I am getting excited for you! I can just picture your beautiful new HOME!!!! I think you are going to be so relieved. As much as you love your current house- being house poor feels terrible no matter how pretty or beloved. It gets to a point that it becomes a burden.
To get out from that- and walk into something pretty and new for you with some change in your pocket= priceless!!!!!!! I agree again with your Realtor to replace that roof. That is what drew me to here. The updates. I wanted something move in ready- not a fixer upper. I am single, and don't have the time. So right on point on that!
Are you going to go for the SEPT. deadline?
THE BEST news!!!!!!! YAY on the 3.5 down! You are SO right about that 200 pound bench mark- it is too. It is a mindset. That is my goal right now- and you are way taller than me. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! KEEP ON IT MY FRIEND!!! You got this. you know sometimes it just takes a small 5 pound drop to set us on fire to finally get to goal.
But WE NEED to see something for our efforts. Right now I am treading UP! More on that- below.
My mother for all her issues- is a master seamstress and makes quilts. She has made some beautiful things. I will take a pic of a table runner she made me. It is black, grey with red roses in the middle. It truly is beautiful. It is a gift. It is what she is best at.
She also works at a fabric shop- to support her sewing habit. So I get how wonderful a Nic pop of color makes a entire room.
Maybe next spring I will have some extra $$ and invest in some really cool pieces. I have had to use my money for practical things- washer, dryer, door, car, ect....
Do you need a table runner? She could make you one! any color you want.

TRIG- My LC pal- You are like a dog with a bone when you set your mind on something. I KNOW you are going to see results. You are right on point with only eating the very best as I am basically doing induction again- pure and simple.
Yay you are in the same weather pattern I am - it sucks- day after day after day of rain and grey. Ready for some DRY and sunshine. The humidity though is really getting to me as well.
I am totally ready for some different weather. Cooler and crisp.

Did your hubby lay off the BOAT BOAT BOAT now!!!!??? Is the kiddo back in school?
Do you and the hubby have plans when the kiddo goes back to school? What will you do with yourselves? Does he have a hobby? Wood working Maybe? How is his back lately? Are you two still going to the gym together? I think that is SWEET?

Lori- I love a great haircut!!!!! doesn't it just make you FEEL great! I agree with BLUE- a great cut can totally change a appearance!
How is the NEW LORI coming? You loving the gym? FEELING GOOD????
Are you doing your shakes too?
--------------------------------------------------------------
- You all are so right that they are adding and adding and adding tasks to my plate it is making my head spin. Overwhelming can't even describe how I feel right now. Doesn't even cover it. Blue- I did bring up that the reports were M job and that my plate was full. To which M boss looks me square in the eyes and says- you should be able to step into her job while she is our- THAT IS YOUR JOB.
No it isn't! - I am done WHINING about it. I basically have two choices- deal with it and go day by day and change my attitude OR go somewhere else. That is it.
I am doing the work of a director and getting paid at a supervisor level. That sucks too! Yet I am pulled into all managers meetings and leadership stuff too. Yet I am responsible for hands on day to day operations. - They at the VERY least need to offer me a bump in title and pay. I have already ask - and it was ignored. I put it in writing and sent it to M, her boss, and the VP.
Nobody responded. Yet I get more and more responsibility.

I had a real hankering for RIBS. I opened the package and the stench was .........ehewwwwww....... So then I put chicken breasts and salsa in the crock pot. I worked a 12 hour day- so by the time I got home- hockey pucks.
I ended up with a hamburger - minus the bun. Less than thrilling. Today is a new day. I took a pound of shrimp out of the freezer, bacon, and 2 new chicken breast, I also have a new carton of eggs. I am thinking breakfast for dinner. It's Friday night and That just sounds like a perfect way to kick off the weekend.

I was so tired- that by the time I flipped on Netflix- I was asleep in my recliner. Took myself to bed- and tossed and turned all night.
This is not typical for me. A minor blip in my situation. I am about as resilient as it comes. I am like the spider that rolls itself up for protection and then springs right back into action.I am about out of the roll and ready to spring again.

Ok- ladies- TGIF!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it- I whipped out my Gratitude List-
I HAVE a job
I can walk, run, breath without help
I have a great house, pup, and the ability to change my future if I want to. And I DO!

Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 05:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue....love your ideas for designing your new space...I know you will make it yours and be very happy there. Yikes on the new roof, but I suppose the realtor is right....a new roof is a huge selling point.

I did pick up on the Balsamic dressing recipe....thanks! I really need to whip some up for drizzling over fresh tomatoes.

Nic....what a fun/tiring day you had! You will need to come home and rest from your vacation! Enjoy!

Jaz.....WOW....work is one thing after another. Good luck in finding a new position. Good thing you handle stress so well....you sure have had more than your share lately.

Trig...isn't this East coast weather awful?? So depressing. On and off rain and hot and humid....ugh!

I went to the gym early yesterday, as planned. I had a good workout, stopped at the grocery store & had 2 loads of laundry underway by 8:30AM!

I am pretty much sore from my shoulders down and the scale is reflecting that! Sore muscles mean water retention which shows up as poundage. I also have been SO hungry this week. Sure not the start to August that I was hoping for. Oh well, nothing to do but keep my head down and move on.

It's Friday......weekend here we come!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 07:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, so agree it is depressing to say the least. Too long bad weather. a day or 2 max is all I can take, you put this weather into 4-5-6 days and I start to flip out LOL
I am draining water out of the pool now cause it fills up over the filter edge and have done it a few times now. annoying as heck and another job added all cause of weather. and yes, any 'little job extra' I have to do annoys the heck out of me

Glad your gym is going well for you.
Did you keep up the marathon training? walk/run and trying to improve and keep doing marathon type runs? just wondering. I was never a runner. Never took, liked or desired to run/jog ever so when I read about you training and all I was wondering do you really like that and will continue with it in your life? just curious on it.

Jaz. he has been checking boats. all duds. but I told him to not include me basically cause I am boated out. I sent out an email for a guy to call him on a boat nearby and I will help in that manner, other than that, screw it LOL
No hobbies but a hunter and fisherman. So hunting season is coming and I know he will be in his glory with all his time to hunt.

back to school is Aug 27. It is becoming all abut back to school of course. she doesn't care, but I am making sure she has what she needs by force HAHA...drag the kid to the store basically LOL

On work. Your 'new job' coming could pay monster bucks. Her position, even if not desired, could be a stellar one -----big money to sit and help others in that dept. to improve their work standards and all runs more smoothly under your supervision etc.....and in reality you sit back and pull in great money for working hard to establish that great working efficiently and all employees are happy....then you are kinda done. you watch your work...well, watch it work for all, and you still get the big paycheck without working as hard. As you get older a job/monster paycheck might just leave you more time and energy to actually do way more than life being 'all about a job' and you can put your efforts to you, your inner life, your travel and more. Thinking longer term of banking up bucks for a time and having that retirement that might just be over the top down the road.....but we ALL know this is a balacing act of your daily life and how it rolls, so time only kinda tells if it suits you or not. THIS IS A truly good thing at work. They are testing you. Don't flip on them right now. IT COULD be the ideal position coming your way. But when tired and stressed and school stress added you might not be seeing that big picture. Tired. grumpy. burned out. All could mess with your big picture on this new job coming at work so just CHILLAX best you can...at all times...kinda like 'Jesus take the wheel' and see where it IS ALL going actually....could be a dream coming your way, you never know

I have 1.5 lbs of crab legs in the freezer left from a buy I made a bit ago.....I am thinking 'very thin steak' and crab now HAHA

I think back to induction is a fab idea. It sets you back up into a very doable plan. Never be 'too tight' when adjusting back....it is ALL about what keeps you on plan, it is not about failure on plan in a way. It is about eating what is needed to put us back into that very good spot.

SENDING BIG CHILLAX TO YOU You are doing very well! With work, your new home, adjusting your plan as needed and to me you are a hero hanging in there thru tough stress times. You are rocking it Jaz! Big smiles to you!!

now I got my crab on my mind LOL

scallops.....yum

I also went out and bought 8 cans of my beloved sardines
yes I ate those a lot as a 'side dish' to a meal cause I love them...haven't bought in a while..........SEE this is how one forgets the foods it took to make the plan great....kept us there and in good form. I know you guys have LC recipes you loved and have forgotten. My sardines are now in my pantry and ready to eat oh yea, back to plan and my basics that I love and make me feel great and satisfied.

it is all we can do I guess find the sweet spot again that works so well for us and we ARE all finding that again!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Aug-03-18 at 07:40.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 16:19

BF:

Lori- What a bummer you are so sore. But that means you are working in all the right spots!!!! You are holding water nothing more!
I think you are doing great- you are working out and doing so well! This few pounds will vanish and then some!!!
Are you getting the rain?

Trig- I love the way you think on money! I am a tight wad like you. I call it frugal. I don't mind spending money on SOMETHING worthwhile- but to fritter money away drive me crazy.

This job- if advanced could be a huge chunk of change- get my school done and put a few $$$$ in the back for later retirement. Or invest it into something that makes money! Would love to have a few "extra" thousand to put into WEED SHARES!!!!
Next new $$$ Then I would buy a pizza franchise and put it next to a collage that allows weed!!!! HUGE money there- win win! Papa John did exactly that. Put a Buch or stores around all the collages in Colorado. No joke- they are doing EXTREMELY well. I support legal weed in every state. As a matter fact Canada is a weed country- it's legal east to west.
One doesn't have to use it to agree with it. I personally would not use it- but see the how it could be beneficial. If sugar, cigarettes, and liquor is legal- it should be too. Just saying...... enough of that.
-----------------------------------------------------
Had Roterisseri chicken for dinner. Ate half a chicken- full and satisfied. Just need to hit that day 4-5 to get back into the "zone"-then I will take next step.

Got my dishes running- taking another night off from school. It's Friday night and My weekend will be all about school. Getting into my new Netflix series Girlfriend guide to divorce. Love the story line- but my goodness could they not put a real sized gal in the show at all? They are all like a size 0/2- can't relate. Even at my thinnest- never looked like THAT!!!!!!

Feel good- it's Friday night, and the weekend is mine. No agenda but school. I may not get outta pj's tomorrow!!!!! Really- I just love those weekends.

Have a great night all-
NIC- what did you see today? Eat today? How much did you walk?
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 05:40

BF:

Rain, dreary, rain, dreary......sigh. I was supposed to play in a golf tournament today, but it has been cancelled. Our golf course is a mess again. It was just starting to dry out a little and then we've had more rain the last couple days. I'm supposed to play in a tournament at a different course on Tuesday....fingers crossed for that one.

Not quite as sore today, just "pleasantly" sore. Enough to know that I did something. I'll be back to it on Monday morning. I would like to go today, but the building our gym is in will be inundated with hundreds of kids. They have a big area of basketball courts, indoor soccer etc and there is some kind of tournament there this weekend. All members got an email letting us know that parking would be an issue as well as it just being super crowded. The gym is going to be starting a new group fitness class called Les Mills Grit. As far as I can tell, it is going to be a lot like boot camp. They are just in the process of training their instructors, so maybe I'll try it out when the classes open up.

Jaz....enjoy your PJ day as you plug away at school work. Hope it all comes together quickly for you.

Trig...I'm sure you have a whole list of stuff DD needs for school. Things are sure different than they were when I went to school. As I remember it, we just sort of showed up and they gave us a pencil. Lord, I'm old!

You asked if I'm still running. No....I haven't been, but it is still in my mind. I think I want to, but I just haven't gotten back out there. If I do, I won't be marathon training....that's just nuts! 26.2 miles?? ACK!! The longest I would train for would be another 10k(6.2 miles). I keep waiting for the spirit to move me. I guess I need to sign up for a race...that sort of forces you to train or die!

Blue...are you spending the weekend working on the house? Any idea when the work on the roof will begin? I know you need it done soon so you can proceed. Don't forget to give yourself a little down time too......take care of you.

Nic.....what have you been up to and what's on tap for today? Your vacation is flying by. I know when you get home you will be full on with wedding "stuff". Exciting times for your family!

Not sure what I'll do today. I know I have to move out of this recliner...I think I'm growing roots! I'll take a look at the weather forecast and get out for a walk at the very least.

The scale has been fluctuating wildly this week. I'll be down 2, then up 2, then down 1, up 1. Not making any progress, just bouncing up and down. I had a great LC day yesterday, I just ate A LOT. I'm having trouble with this eat only when hungry thing....I seem to think I'm hungry all the time! Until I get a handle on the hunger thing, I just have to be sure to keep carbs to a minimum.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 07:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig, now you stay out of that diet food! I can't imagine you eating it. How were the thin cut steaks? Glad your DD got some clothes and you got some good prices on them!

Lori- Sorry to hear about the rain. I know that is cutting into your golfing time for sure. It has been a wet summer! Good on you for getting back to the gym!

Jaz- Sounds like they are working you hard at work. Strange and not great that you sent a request about a raise for the extra work you are doing and you got no response from anyone. That isn't very professional. Maybe you can set up a meeting time if you continue to be getting more work at the same pay level.

We are doing fine! This morning is our last bit of Montreal and then we start the drive over to Quebec City. We had a great day yesterday. We had reservations for brunch at a place called Jardin Nelson and it was SO PRETTY! It was on a beautiful square and the restaurant had TONS of beautiful flowers and greenery, and live jazz in the back courtyard. The meal was outstanding. Now I am going to talk non-LC food because I don't do that much on vacation so if that bothers you, just look away. lol We shared our meal and dessert: I had a seafood crepe with shrimp, lobster and scallops and he had a crepe with duck, cranberries and orange. They were both really good. I think I might have liked the duck a little more, and he liked mine a little more! Then we shared the best and most delicious dessert of the trip as of yet- it is called "poor man's pudding" but obviously in French. OMG outstanding.

From there we walked over to the Old Port and checked it out. It was okay. Touristy. We did play a game that had us competing and laughing out loud- it was really fun. I WON. lol

Following that we took the Metro over to McGill college because I really wanted to see an art piece called The Illuminated Crowd. It was really something else. DS didn't really know what to expect and I think he was pretty blown away and glad we had gone.

By this point it was nearing 4 and we were both a little tired from the day before. DS's ankle was bothering him a bit and my feet weren't SUPER happy in the sandals I was wearing. The sneakers from The Walking Company appear to be my best bet for this week.

We ate here in the condo a little before 7 and then headed over to the Basilique Notre Dame for the show AURA. Doors opened at 7:40. It was really amazing. Better than I had anticipated. We both thought it was a trip highlight. From there, we decided to go hit a bar that our tour guide had recommended in China Town. DS is legal in Canada- drinking age is 18. So we did that, it was ok but not great. Then we headed over to "The Village" or otherwise also called "The Gay Village" and it was super fun. Great vibe, TONS of people. Picture this: there are these small globe things strung across the width of the street. One string after another. Well, this goes on for BLOCKS. It forms a rainbow over the street. Really really cool. We walked the length of the village and took it all in, then stopped for a snack and honestly to people watch. I could have stayed there for hours!

Here's a cool pic or two of the rainbow lights above the street in the village:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ro4..._IMG_5504.0.jpg

http://images.dailyhive.com/2017060.../gayvillage.jpg

We took the metro back and got 'home' to the condo around midnight. It had been a full but wonderful day, around 21,000 steps. We have done a lot in Montreal and enjoyed every second. Never took our car out from the time we got here!

We have a brunch reservation at 11:30 and then will get the car out and head off on our drive to Quebec City. It will be about 3 hours but likely longer if we stop in a town or two along the way.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 07:46

BF:

Jaz ya had me laughing, food right next to weed store HAHA
a very smart investment for sure LOL
1/2 a rotiss. chicken is a good meal. I love them when in a hurry but a few stores I don't buy....their traditional 'herbs' are nasty, I like true 'almost nothing traditional' taste.
For me Ingles has the best tasting and juicy rotiss. chicken around me.

Lori I am always hungry also. I can eat ALL the time literally. And what is worse, the minute I do eat something, my brunch time food, I am then thinking of food til I hit the bed at night. I get hungrier the minute I eat LOL I can 'be in that zone' for a while on some days when my appetite is nothing but that is more rare then it is that I am hungry all the time. Sights, smells, tv commercials, cooking for others and all just come into play on a constant never ending vicious cycle with food stuff. It is horrible!

Ok, the so whole running thing is not a passion for you, I sure get that. Who knows, if your friends hit a race again you might just start training again I thought your walk/run training was super cool smart way to get endurance up.

Nicco....thin cut steaks were ok. very easy to overcook in a flash :0...but heck I am gnawing on one right now before I head to mom's for a visit. I look at them more as a tool in that flavor is kinda not there but they fill me up, are kcal controlled and meat so I am good to go

WOW WOW I loved your pics and I am loving reading what you are doing on vacay!! I kinda feel like I am there So right that sneaks are your friend on walking trips! Safe travels over to Q.

On vacay you have to chat up some food at some point so it is cool to say you had some great food in Canada! Plus you are with DS and he is not on a darn diet at all LOL so you will be surrounded by the good stuff for sure!

I know you are having a blast but I will say it again, you have a fab time on your trip!!

hey all
ate up a small thin cut Tbone steak.
off to mom's in about an hr or so.
kiddo and me.
will hit her 'dying little mall' that is 'so pathetic' it is just....ugh....about all stores have closed. I am super shocked this place is still active but for how long? couldn't be much longer LOL but they have GIANT shoe store in there and we are gonna check for some hi-top sneaks for kiddo. hopefully she can get a new pair today.

then off to food store for mom and call it a day.

weather is lousey. cloudy, misty rain. OMGosh will it ever stop!!!!!! horrible 6-7 days so far.

off to get moving a bit. gnawing at my bone in my steak and then getting kid out of bed and moving along this morning.

dinner tonight will be sautee'd chicken in alfredo sauce.

will feed kid on the road, nothing for me. will hold off and fight the hunger monster til dinner time tonight. as usual diet mode suks to the max. I HATE eating this early, but if I don't I end up having to find food while out with mom and kid and options stinks, so best eat now, hold off til dinner later and eat a ton of chicken in a little alfredo OH DID I SAY diet mode and eating out and more just suks! you bet it does

Planning Savannah GA trip over Xmas. Kid wants to 'see touristy things' and she loved loved loved the Lost Sea adventure. She said sitting on a beach doing nothing is boring, she now wants 'sightsee' things....bleck, I want sit on beach and do nothing, but now planning some 'tourism' trips for her. Dec. 26-Jan. 1 in Savannah. Ghost tour. trolley tour. we are going on the Segway tour, yea should be interesting since we have never been on one of those contraptions LOL and see River St and art galleries kid wants to check out. So working on booking that all up now. Should be a beautiful scene with Christmas lights and all in Savannah

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Aug-04-18 at 08:15.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 11:23

BF:

Trig....I want to thank you for getting me thinking about running again. I went out and did Week 1, Day 1 of a 10 week training plan. I didn't start out till 11:30 and it was 84 degrees and sunny...not the best idea. Man was I ready for the shower when I got back. It was an easy workout...just over 1.5 miles and not a lot of running...mostly walking. Easing back in.

I love Savannah! I can only imagine how beautiful it will be at Christmas time. I cannot wait to hear your stories of the Segway tours!

Nic...you are packing a lot into your days! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! Beautiful! Can't wait for more.

Not much else going on for me. I'll be having some iced coffee later, as is my habit the past couple weeks. It is my afternoon treat.

Jaz...hope you come up for air at some point and give us a shout!
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 17:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

LOL, I love Jaz's idea/words, "just leave a dot to let us know you're there." And so I did. Just got done answering on our e-mail chain, and used the last of my energy for that. SO much I want to say to everyone's posts, but I am bushed. So much happening every day now, we are going into warp speed on house, so I might be absent here a day or two more than I want to be for a bit.

But y'all know, I'll never let you go, will always be back with posts long enough to blur your eyes.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 19:45

BF:

Ladies....... LEAVING my DOT....... I am here and like BLUE-bushed!!!!

Will get to personals first thing in am!!!!! NIC- CAN'T wait to write about your pictures. OMG how beautiful!!!! SERIOUS!!!!!

TRIG- I hear ya girlfriend on the rain, rain , rain

BLUE- caught your email- no energy to respond just yet.

I am plum tired! 4 things of interest today
1.) I had a wonderful- Lc dinner- fun to pull out old staples
2.) got a speeding ticket on way back from grocery- not surprised true lead foot. Cop said "ma'am do you know how fast you were going?" Nope- How FAST WAS I GOING????? really ONLY 52 in a 30? Must have been a slow day- hand me my ticket- LOLOLOLOL- could have said- dude do you know what a SWEET ride I have- I clocked it at 104 on way to St. Simon. Need for speed- not mad- I expect them. I look at speed limits as a minimin ........
3.) date tomorrow- I know- TRIG will be all over this
4.) took nap and still tired- YAY for weekend naps

Did bare minimum for school and nothing more. Wiped out. Back in morning with personals-
Just loved those PIC's from NIC!!!!!!!!

I have done not much today- till tomorrow
LORI- Wearing my new watch- think you would like the Garmin Sport- did
5889 steps today- nothing like NIC and her 20K- but more mindful- it told me to move

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Aug-04-18 at 20:05.
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Foggy morning, but no rain in the forecast. We are going to try to play golf, as our course is open. I'm sure there will be some swampy areas, but we want to give it a go. Crazy golfing girls!

Jaz....a speeding ticket on top of everything else??? I know those are not cheap these days. I'm sure you had the cop just shaking his head. I will have to try to find the Garmin Sport online. I had no luck on Amazon...maybe on the Garmin site?

Nothing else going on here. Eating was on point yesterday......there will be a lite beer or 2 in my future today, but will try to keep the eating in check.

I'll check in after our round today. Have a good one!
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 06:35

BF:

Lori.....so cool you went out and did your training again on the walk/run I bet it seems daunting but I have to say while you were doing that training, you seemed in high spirits and saw your endurance increase and it was very cool to follow your progress. You rock on!!!! Good luck golfing today!

Jaz, a date, oh yea you gotta tell the details a bit for us to hear Sorry on the ticket, they are not cheap nowadays at all so they hurt the wallet!! Always something huh?

Nicco hope you are having a great time. Can't wait to hear more!

Blue you have a lot on your plate HAHA and not food so the house will keep ya jumping a bit. All worth it in the big picture of course!!

hey all
mall at mom's was ok, surprisingly new stores! They did new carpet, new interiors etc in the ONE long hall and everything was fresh and clean. Shocked. Not many shoppers, stores were not too appealing in a way. Rue 21 kiddo got 2 more pants on sale and a shirt she wanted was too small, even the XL was like a extra small literally LOL where in the heck were they made? I should have looked. My gosh sizes vary WAY too much on items.

work on pool, few other chores to handle
nothing much
still got some sinus and head feels like it weighs 1000 lbs
drugs helping with that and it is SUNNY outside, storms lifting now, so I should be coming around with the nicer weather. hot nice day today so that helps a lot. helps my mood also!!

woke up with the ----not interested in food feeling. Guts off due to taking a lot of sinus pills lately and it always catches up with the guts so will be eating lighter today. nothing fancy of course, might do a cheeseburger patty and dinner probably another cheeseburger patty....yea it is that kind of day on eating, don't care. no draw to a certain taste which I love love love when I am in this mode actually. rare I don't think food and taste but today won't be one of them so I am kinda thankful it is that way

Planning trip for next year. Rock City Gardens and Trails. Near Chattanooga TN. At Lookout Mountain, GA. seems very cool, with incline railway near it to take a ride, the Chatt. Aquarium is in that area and Ruby Falls. Kid wants no beach sitting, maybe a trip to the mountains will suit her Won't suit me and hubby much but we will have fun doing touristy stuff since kiddo is interested. She said she is interested in seeing more mountains now so we will throw those in our trips.

Got fab campground for Savannah. 10 mins. to historic district. Red Gate Farm Campground. Has horseback riding right on the farm. 400 acres. 200 for campground and 200 as private home for owner. Thing that gets me is riding is $65 for 1 hr. Yikes. Now I want a horse again HAHA but won't do it. Hubby and kid are like, nope, me, hmm, thinking 1 hr ride per day I am there, might get pricey but I don't care LOL Be nice to ride even if 1 hr walk around the campground...nice to be in the saddle again. 4 fishing ponds, not big ones but they seem ok size to catch some nice bass, but they have alligators in them no swimming in them but nice pool, but being Dec. pool won't be open. For being Savannah, $50 a night for cg seems so reasonable. Sav. hotel would be close to $250 per night at least so the campground saves so much on costs. Website of this cg shows a nice place. Called for reservations, all set for Dec 26-Jan1. Tour of historic district trolley comes right to the campground for pickup...will do that and see how the roads flow and all. Hubby said we might just take a taxi into the historic district instead of trying to find a parking spot for the giant truck Giant truck never does well looking for parking spots in tight old cities LOL we shall see but booked and done...now we just have to wait to go.

off to get some junk done, great day everyone!
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 08:34

BF:

Trig- Your trip sounds amazing!!!! Have you ever been to Savannah? I lived there for 6 months about 3 years ago before I moved to Greenville. If you look to the left right before you get to the bridge to cross to Tybee there is an apt complex by the river. I lived there. I would walk Bella and watch the shrimp boats coming and going so cool. I know you are going to go to Tybee!!!!!
So as far as parking goes- you are SO RIGHT about parking downtown/ River street. However there is a bus that runs the length of all the streets. So you COULD park in a shopping center and take the bus to River Street. Then EVERYTHING sorta like Charleston is within walking distance!
You will want to see the shops "down town". There is also a fabulous silversmith, who creates her own Jewelry at a great price right across the street from Paula Deans restaurant. By the way- Her place is fun to browse- not LC at all. I had a glass of wine on the top floor and skipped the food.

Also on the OTHER side of River street is shops as well- top and bottom. Don't forget those. They also have the "hunted" cemetery tours. There is also a place I would eat that had great seafood- it is called LOVES- it is on the outskirts. It's where the locals eat. Better prices. Overlooks the river and is priced right. Again- it is where the locals go.
I can't wait for you to go! It is beautiful there! LOVED it there. I was offered a job there- I was there on a temp assignment. I didn't like the job, or the Hospital. I finished my assignment and left. It however was really fun while I was there.
The smell there is something though I never go used to. Savannah is one of the largest ports for barges. It is a WORKING portal city. It also has a paper mill upstream. Just something I noticed.
I bet you are are very excited. I know that you will have a GREAT time!

Sorry you got that sinus thing going on! Is there anything you could do long term like a noses spray as a preventative to keep the sinus away? There are some good steroidal sprays you can do at the turns of the seasons to keep you healthy!

NIC- I am so happy you are sharing your vacay with us! Love the pic's. Basilica is just BREATH TAKING. I bet in person it is even more stunning! I just love you are just kicking it and having a great time! Tons of walking for you too! I know you are having fun!

BLUE- You know I get being spent at the end of the day! That was me too yesterday. I am glad you put down your "DOT"- to mark your spot. I did the same thing! But I am hopeful you slept well and are rearing to go this morning!
How are you doing on your WOE?

LORI- You are running again! YAY on you! I KNOW you are going to get that lift you need! I think you will be so happy you are doing that.
I got the Garmin from the Garmin website directly. they have different models. So find the one that "fits" you. I will be interested in what you get!
How is the WOE going?
You weren't in struggle mode!- that is good!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well- I think I know why I was SO wiped out yesterday. I woke up with a sore throat. I think it is drainage. I can tell that fall is around the corner. It's still hot and Humid and humid and humid. BUT something about the trees look different. They are losing that deep lush green to a pale green. I do love the change of season. We are ROLLING through Aug at warp speed- July came and went. We will be in full fall activities before we know it. I am ready for it!!!!
Fall is my favorite time of year. Love to hike and see the fall leaves. Have a trip planned in Oct. Not sure where I am going yet- But have already put in some time 3nd week. The leaves should be in full color! Still deciding- just a couple days.

About the ticket- I just expect a ticket. I speed every day. hate to admit it but I do. I am a fast driver. I am "that driver". You know the one that passes everything on the road. So for me- It just is my contribution to the city to keep the cops employed! I am however hoping I can talk the judge down in points- for my insurance. 3 points to be exact. Top that with my accident in March- my rates have doubled. It will slow me down for a minute! Last speeding ticket I got was 7 years ago- so I am long over due! ............ I will pay it and move on......

Treadmill is a definite YES! - took me a lot of back and forth. I will be ordering one today. I am getting either the Nordic track, or Proform. Just not sure the model. It is an investment in me. I used one when I had one! Used it for users until I wore the tread off the belt. so yes- It will be used.

The date- I cancelled due to a sore throat. Left a mess on his VM. And backed it up with a text. Told him I would take a rain check when I was feeling better. I really don't think I will though. No offense but he is 66. doesn't look it. But still. I had a nice conversation with him as well yesterday- sorta a predate get to know you over the phone. He was married once for 3 years- and not since- no kids. We don't have much in common. He is sweet as can be, really is. But I thought he was in the same age group as me. I prefer old guys- but that is a bit over the top. Met him actually at Kroger. He works the CHEESE department! He introduced me to goat cheese. We have been sorta flirty for a month. He also works real-estate as a broker as well. He holds 2 jobs, but is looking to retire this year when his Medicare kicks in. I am not even thinking that yet. I am starting my 3 career. Different places. Funny- cheese man!!!!

I did bare minimum for school yesterday. I did my responses for the posts. But today I NEED to put my NOSE to the grind and write a 10 page paper. I have the outline ready- know what I am going to write about. Have done all the writing. I just now need to sit down and DO IT. Then I need to submit it for a preview to a writing team- they will make suggestions- then I will make corrections, and then submit. That is my game plan today!

I have a pork roast in the oven low and slow for 6 hours. Picked up butt roast for .99cents a pound. The cheapest one I could find was 8 bucks= 8 pounds. I put a dry rub on it and wrapped it in foil and in it went. It should be ready by 3- then will sit and rest for 30 mints- them I will shred it and put it in romaine leaves and top with LC BBQ sauce and homemade coleslaw, sprinkle goat cheese on top! All for under 4-5 carbs total- one meal a day.

Love the smell of something good in the oven all day. I am back to doing the invited fasting. The weekends are very easy. Taking Trigs- suggestion regarding really TOP quality foods for the first week- to get totally back into the LC train. you know if was shocking how one day, one lunch, turned into a 4 day bender that was hard to pull back from. My weight bounced up 5 pounds to show for it.
Back on it- day 3 now- on track! Feeling better. the pork will be great. I am also going to steam some shrimp for "snacking" IF I need it.

Ok- ladies- off to write!
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 10:42

BF:

Hi!

Back from the golf course already! We only ended up playing 9 holes. It was VERY soggy. I was actually hitting the ball pretty well....too bad conditions weren't better. There were some slow groups playing and rather than get stuck behind them, we decided to call it a day. We had a nice morning anyway.

I'm currently enjoying my iced coffee with unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, heavy cream and a scoop of MRM French vanilla egg white protein powder. So good! I wasn't sure how the protein powder would work in the iced coffee, but it is yummy. I whip it in with my milk frother. The protein also keeps me from wanting to snack. Score!

We have our DGS14 here with us today. Of course he just has his eyes on his phone all the time. If it were not so hot & humid, he and Pap would go fishing, but it's just miserable out there. I told them to think about what they want for dinner as I'm not planning anything. I think I'll be happy with some bacon and a fresh tomato from our plants. We have like 2 or 3 plants along the side of our house that provide us with just enough for us.

Tomorrow morning I'll be hitting the gym and going for my running training. Have to get it done early before the heat kicks in.

Jaz...hope you have a good day grinding out the school work. The dinner you have in the oven sounds so good. Enjoy! Hope the sore throat doesn't develop into something worse.

Trig..surprising that they have updated the mall you went to. All the malls around here are like ghost towns. No one around and very few stores. Sorry you're having the sinus thing, but it's no wonder with the crappy weather we had last week. All your vacation plans sound awesome. How cool that you will get some horseback riding in too!

Blue...we know you are busy, but we will look forward to your posts when you have time to do one. If not, at least the dot will let us know all is well. ((Hugs))

Nic.....your pictures have all been so great. Thanks for taking time to email them to us. Enjoy Quebec City!

Ok....over & out!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 17:11

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

Trigger---Wowza on your planned trips. You are so good at this. The one to Savannah particularly intrigues me as I've never been. Not much of a mountain gal myself, unless it includes water. I am the original Cancer water baby.

But, think it's cool that kiddo has a taste to see and experience different things, and so loving that you're answering to that. In the end, it all seems so quick, and they're gone, off to their own lives---even if it didn't feel that way while it was happening. I just think it's so great how much you three travel and spend time together, wherever you go. What a memory making machine that is, and a kid's GOOD memories are SO important---a guideline to the life they want to lead as an adult.

Ha! I'm getting a kick out of how you are fighting this "diet" thing all the way, hating it with aplomb! Can't help but see you again as my Annie Oakley---this time on a bucking steer---call him the diet. But you're not letting go, and I feel sorry for the steer. And I'm in the stands yelling you go Trig, you got this! Bravo!

Seriously, do think it will get easier if not delightful. Once those pounds start to fall off, and THEY WILL, and the clothes slip up instead of having to be tugged, your mojo will rise again.

REMEMBER, it's not forever. Get to where you're satisfied ENOUGH, stay there long enough for your body to embrace that weight, and THEN changes can happen. Not big ones, but big enough to not feel like you're on a diet. The worst. I know.

Untill the rewards start coming in, you just keep ranting pal, but stay on that dang steer.

Jaz---You little speed demon!!! I have a pal like you, and frankly, I hate it when she drives. I CANNOT believe we aren't pulled over every time. I usually offer to drive, not worth the white knuckles.

Yeah, those speeding points are a big deal, so you watch your foot on that pedal missy. Enough to pay the huge tickets, but then comes the insurance hikes, and finally, you get enough points, 9 here, and you don't drive for awhile, or at least with severe restrictions---like to work and back. I know, I sound like a mom, but I am one, and sometimes I can't help it.

Your date---sounds more to me like you guys just don't have much in common then the matter of age...although one 3 year marriage for him at his age would make me worry about his abilities to partner up. Still, maybe it's worth a go at it as a friend at least. I know you would love more of those in Atlanta. One of my best male pals started as a date that didn't click in the romance department, but we sure have had fun as pals.

Oh my, your pulled pork on romaine w/slaw and goat cheese sounds so good, my mouth is watering! You too are rising again!

Lori---Thinking with the job gone, you'll find making time to work out easier. I'm not hearing you really like to run. Have heard over the years that you like to "work out" meaning more variety than running. Me too. Imo, running is something that gets into your soul, or it doesn't.

Cool that you had some good swings today, even if it was a messy game.

Nic---LOVING your pix! OMG, what a great trip you're on. Everything looks very European, and I love the Canadians. My BFF is from Winnipeg and I'm so drawn to her Canadian sensibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We worked our butts off this weekend, hubby more than me, but I actually have a large work project from big client that took several hours this weekend. 2 different shoots, each with 3 sub shoots in the series I shared w/you gals. It's A LOT of idea work, writing, choosing merch, figuring out layout and shots.

Did get about 7 good sized boxes packed, taped up and labeled. The trick right now is to pack everything I don't need to stage the house.

Met w/the Mgr of the Apartments we'd like to move into, and there are some decisions coming up fast. Will not say more for now, stresses me out, but will tell y'all when it comes down.

Today is my 7th day on the LC re-boot. Ended up having a treat day Friday, which was unplanned. After we met w/the mgr. we visited my pal who lives there and she insisted we stay for dinner. She is an amazing cook. No regrets, and not a huge slip, but definitely not on plan.

However, stayed on plan yesterday and today. So 7 days, one treat meal, good enough.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Aug-05-18 at 18:58.
Closed Thread