Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 05:49
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%
Question How many???

How many carbs and calories do you eat in a typical maintenance day????

I so do not want to gain my loss back. I have read the book and understand how to increase it, but I would love to see what most people are able to eat.

Thanks everyone and have a great lc day!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 05:55

Plan: yes
Stats: 14/14/14 Female 20
BF:
Progress: 101%

I eat between 80 and 100 most days. But it's where my carbs come from that I'm conscious of... I eat brown rice flake granola every day (no oats, wheat or anything else containing gluten), plenty of nuts, and tons of fruits and veggies. I still don't eat any "products." Hope that helps!
d.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 10:28
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

I can usually have up to 150 per day without gaining. Like Kid, I watch where they come from. I'm able to eat things like corn and potatoes and fruits but not anything with added sugar or white flour.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 10:44
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

On the average day where I make all the food myself, I'll eat about 30-60 g. If we go to the pub or a restaurant, it's higher. I feel better the closer I stay to that 30-60 g range.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I don't count my carbs, I'm just careful of my choices.

For example, last night I ate watermelon (along with a crawfish patty and salad). I occasionally eat fresh corn-on-the-cob, or a couple slices of Ezekiel bread -- but I simply do not knowingly eat white flour, processed sugar, prepared foods, etc.

I seldom eat out, so most meals are very simple -- grilled meat/fish, vegetable, and a large salad -- sometimes (a single serving, I weigh it) a treat of low-carb ice cream. I do eat apples and peaches and various melons -- they don't seem to hurt me....
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 08:55

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Ymmv

This is definitely a case where you are your own experiment. It would be impossible to generalize from anyone else's experience.

I've only been in what I call "maintenance" since April 2005. The truth is, I expected to continue losing very slowly...but I'm not. So I guess that's maintenance!

I am adding an apple here and there, and I eat all the legal veggies I want. I've added some kefir (fermented milk product). Carbs seem to hover around 40-45. I'll see how that goes for a few more weeks.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 08:40

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

I don't have a clue as to how many carbs I can eat in a day and not gain! So, that is where I find myself right now! I want to keep my carbs under 40 for a bit to see if I begin to lose again, then just go from there!