Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/240/150
BF:
Progress:

I started Atkins 7/9/03. I currently weigh 240 and my knees are giving me problems. I want to be healthier so here I am. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone on the this wonderful journey! You can do it!

Hello to the room!
Kasey
240/240/150
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 14:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 166/161/150
BF:
Progress:
Smile Howdy

Just joined...I am an old timer to low carb. I did Atkins way back in the late 60's and off and on through the 70's then i gainned and I gainned..finely hit 317 (5"2")..a guestmate because I wouldn't get weighted before surgery. Yes, I had gastric by pass..it was that or death. I am now at 161, but realized that the diet they have us on after the surgery is pretty much an Atkins. After a year of no loss,(surgery on March 22, 2001) I have decieded to change my ways and not diet but just change to a eating style more alined to my needs. And I started to lose again. I started aprox 6 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. I put I wanted to get to 150 but in my heart of course I would like to go to 135..oh heck 125!
I have been developing new recipes to replace my favorite foods. I make a mean triamasue SP? and cheese cake almost no carbs per serving...unless u put keto jam (3carbs) I believe success in the program is to have alternatives, being prepared and making choices.
My new motto is:
If you do what you always did you will have what you always had.
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 08:44
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up Great JOB!!

Thank you for taking the time to spell it out in detail. I appreciate it.
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 09:19

Stats: 294/220/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi everybody. I just found this forum today, and I'm so excited to chat with others low-carbing. After a year of doing a low fat diet, I couldn't take it anymore. I was starving all time, moody, fatigued, and just going insane with carbs. I started Atkins on June 9th, and I know I have found a way of life for me that is so easy, and so good for me. I no longer have mood swings, I'm full of energy, and I also don't need to take my allergy meds anymore. What a bonus!

On Atkins I've lost 18 lbs and 4 inches. Overall in the past year, I've lost 73 lbs and 47.75"! I'm so excited to lose the rest of the weight.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 05:40

Stats: 161/155/125 Female 5ft.4ins.
BF:don't know
Progress:

Hi all. I am a newbie to the forum and fairly new to low carbing. Had a really good start, then went off the rails on my vacation last week (we were on a cruise....). Determined to get back on track, ESPECIALLY since looking at the holiday pics!
Thanks in advance for all the support you can give!
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 18:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello! I started Atkins yesterday. So far, so good. I've been journaling on the Atkins site is the site you recommend a lot different? I'll check it out after this post. I hope to gain a lot and eventually give a lot of support on this site. Thank you.

Nicoline Mann
Calgary, Alberta Canada
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:29

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60 inches
BF:1%
Progress:

Hi everybody. I'm a Floridian but yes I can vote. LOL I'm not on a diet but my hubby sure is. I've been floundering around trying to find a diet he could follow for the rest of his life. The low carb diet appealed to me. I eat what he eats. So far he has lost 12 pounds. Now I want to modify but need help. That's why I'm here. I love the site so far!
  #128   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 17:47

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

It is sooo nice to be on a web site with a group of people where I don't have to DEFEND my WOE!
  #129   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 19:13

Stats: 204/178/135 Female 5'5
BF:31
Progress: 38%

Hello everyone!! This is a great site, and alot of information. My son and I just joined. So far we are doing great on the low carb diet. We plan on sticking to the low carb lifestyle the rest of our lives.
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 06:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 248/234/199 Male 70 inches
BF:?
Progress:
Talking dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra
Wow am I happy to find this forum! I've been doing atkins for about 10 days, and have lost `10 lbs, so I'm off to a great start. My husband also does atkins. We love it! But we have food boredom issues, hahahaa. So I always looks for new recipes to try. Especially desserts, wheeeeeeee!

Chandra

16 oz of ricotta cheese
1 pkg of vanilla or chocolate surgar free instant pudding
1/2 cup of half & half or more

mix in food processor for 2 minutes until creamy smooth, oh yea!
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 08:01

Stats: 171/161/145 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Thumbs up Happy to be here

This is a great site. Thanks for all the good information from everyone. I am sure I will spend lots of time here.
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 12:03
Registered Member

Stats: 195/179/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default New to board

Hello everyone

Today is my 1st day on Atkins and I'm quite excited. Looking forward to giving and getting support and help from this board.

Hello from Ontario, Canada.
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 14:28

Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%
Cool New to the Board

So, I am new to the Board, but have been doing Atkins now since 6-9-03. I have lost 19 pounds as of yesterday, whic pleases me! I did have a little trouble staying on course for two weeks when I was out of town on business and living off of hotel food and the company credit card... But, since I returned and got back on track, the weight has started dropping off again. Thus far I have lost a total of 9.5 inches and there is nothing better than fitting into all of the smaller clothes that have been hanging in my closet taunting me! I am thrilled to have found this board and to be able to read and share experiences. I think that's an integral part of any weight loss experience. So, thanks everyone!
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 23:19

Plan: Dr. Atkin's Book
Stats: 295/285/240 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Help. Don't know what a "thread" and actually can't figure just what is up with the site. Lots of choices, but no explanations. I'm no computer whiz, but I did manage to graduate from a University. Is there a place where everything is explained? Well, not "everything" but some info would be nice. I've got many questions, how do I go about asking them????
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 23:25

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hello Ed, welcome to the board. As for how to use this board, it is fairly simple, if you go up to the FAQ tag on the upper right hand side of the page, you can read all about it. Then, if you have any further questions, you can ask away. We all seem to need to ask questions in the beginning. Good luck, hope to see you around a lot.

Deb

Last edited by FionaMcB : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 00:25.