Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-00, 02:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/200.5/140 Female 62 inches
BF:43%
Progress: 10%
Question

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone is in or near the Ottawa area and would like to have a get-together like for supper or something?
I will be in the Ottawa area visiting my folks from Jan 21-28, and was hoping a few people would be interested. I have tried this before (in Edmonton) and it worked great. We got to meet interesting people, show our before and during pictures (works in progress, right?) and share tips and tricks that help us out.
Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Michelle
191/158/130
Atkins since 11/11/99
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-00, 20:18

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Wink Michelle

HI Michelle. I won't be in Ottawa but noted that you mentioned before and after pictures. Have you posted them here at this web site for people to see? Would be nice
Thanks
NNN
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-01, 00:12
Registered Member

Stats: 207/200.5/140 Female 62 inches
BF:43%
Progress: 10%

I don't really have during/after pictures up yet, but I do have before pictures up to help you put a face to the name. I've lost about 30 lbs since these pictures were taken. Here's the address:

http://www.geocities.com/mimi_pope/Before_shots.html

Happy New Year!
Michelle
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-01, 01:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
I don't really have during/after pictures up yet, but I do have before pictures up to help you put a face to the name. I've lost about 30 lbs since these pictures were taken. Here's the address:

http://www.geocities.com/mimi_pope/Before_shots.html

Oh, that Michelle! I recognize you from ASDL-C, I click on all sites! Congrats on the 30 lbs!

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-01, 10:53

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile

Hello! I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I "was" originally from Ottawa and am now in Toronto. Would you know of anyone in here that is from Toronto??? It would be nice to chat/make friends. If you ever have another "get together" in Ottawa, I wouldn't mind knowing about it as well. I might be able to go since all my family are still there.

Bye for now. Josee
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-01, 14:34

Plan:
Stats: 229/219/140
BF:
Progress:
Default Josee from toronto

Josee,

I am just north of Toronto. I've heard there's supposed to be many others from Toronto but I never see them. But then again, I'm new here.(on this site, I mean)
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-01, 15:01

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi josee
i live in ajax. we've been here for 8 years. prior to that i grew up and lived in scarborough. i was born in toronto. St.Mike's Hospital.
debbie
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-01, 07:37

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Talking WOW COOL!!!

I am in Scarborough!!! My husband and I moved here 1 1/2 years ago and I must admit (by my fault) that I haven't made many friends yet. I'm one of those home bodies and I've always been weary of making personal friends at work. And since work and home is all I see... well! I decided that this year I'd do something social or what ever where I could enjoy myself and make new friends. A town as great as this is hard to enjoy with no friends! (Although my best friend is very good to me (my hubby))

I just started this diet (CAD) this week and I must admit that I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I crave chocolate alot during the day but I don't give in. I'm going to go get some soy flour today to make some bread. I'm getting a little sick of eggs for breakfast. I also have recipes to make muffins and pancakes with the soy flour. So I'll give that a shot. I hope it doesn't taste bad!! Anyhoo, write back or e-mail me if you wish. I would like that!!! Nice chatting with you girls. And Thanks!

Josee