Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/140/117 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Bayrat, have you found a good health food store nearby? One that carries more LC stuff? I'm looking for almond flour. Neither the Vitamin shops nor Wegmans carry it and I wouldn't think that GNC does either. In one of the other forums someone gave a recipe for a yummy sounding (only a few ingredients and microwavable...easy) breakfast bread. Since I'm kinda sick of eggs I'd like to try it. It's only 2.5 carbs!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 14:26

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

CEETEE,

Try the Root Cellar in Ontario on Rt 104. I have seen assorted low carb baking goods at Vitamin World as well, but not sure if that is what you want. They are located at Eastview And Marketplace to mention a few. Plenty of lower cost Atkins drinks etc as well, it is 30% off for members once a month.
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 14:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Bayrat!!
How big's your Silverton? (Man, folks must think we're having a kinky conversation! ) I remember reading that you were restoring one. Our boating buddies have an older 38'. We've done the Rideau Canal with them in it and it was pretty comfortable for two weeks.
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 14:50

BF:

I'm dense, just got the connection . It is a 29' by 11' beam. That Root Cellar is privately owned, they will get you anything you want but have a huge selection of just about everything. Heading to see the new look of Eastview shortly, bye for now.
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 11:52
Registered Member

BF:

Has anyone ever felt nauseated from LC'ing? Last night I thought I was going to loose it...with a real bad headache, too. I didn't know if it was from what I've been eating or maybe the addition of L-Carnitine supplements. Just wondered if anyone else has ever had that reaction?
I'm in a major stall and tryin' like crazy not to get discouraged. Wednesday will be 2 weeks (full Induction, no cheating) and I'm only down 2 pounds...

Bayrat, How far out 104 is The Root Cellar? We travel that road quite frequently on our way up to the St. Lawrence...but haven't noticed it. N or S side of road?
Have been meaning to get out to Eastview to check it out but haven't yet...how's it look?
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 13:29

BF:

The Root Cellar is on the south side just past the stop light at Rt350. Have not been sick from Lc, just not as much of a rush of energy as I am used to from carbs. Watch those supplements, I had adverse reactions to all that stuff they tell you to take. I use a good powdered multi purchased at V world plus some magnesium, potassium and calcium. I don't think the bean extract we are trying here amounts to anything. East View is beautiful and crowded, stayed until about eight and then went to dinner. So far everything has gone wrong today, like a jinx were placed upon me. Freezer defrosted, been cooking meat all day. Spill everything I touch messes everywhere. Going to mow, perhaps I can run over my foot with the blade
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:54
Registered Member

BF:

Bayrat- I've had days like that, too
Thanks for the directions. And I'm going to check out Eastview on Wednesday.
Regarding supplements, I'm taking a multi, E, C, soy, fish oil, calcium with mag and L-carnitine. I split them up throughout the day...but you're probably right, I may be overdoing it. Going down to Disney World on Saturday for a week and thought that I'd take a break from all the pills while I was away...just to flush out my system, so to speak.
Well, I think I should get on the treadmill for awhile. Talk to you later...
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 16:18

BF:

Hmmm...Disney World, never been there. Sounds like fun except I don't like long lines or roller-coasters, I'll bet the food is to die for. Sounds as though you are flying, probably from Buffalo as is much cheaper than The other one. Last time I was in the sunshine state I was 13, in the back of my Mom's Chrysler T&C wagon. Stayed at the free places, uncles and grandparents, many still there. I like Vegas around late February or March, not sure if I will go next year but missed this year so I am a quart low. Watch out for the sand crabs!

BRat
  #114   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 17:36

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Is it okay to take carb blockers everyday or are you suppossed to just take them when you are planning to binge?
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 19:59

BF:

rrmalns,

They are concentrated bean extract, so I doubt it matters. If I eat food with carbs I take them, but don't see a whole lot of difference either way. Read some of this thread, it tells a story about them.

BRat
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:00

BF:

Bayrat,
Just read most of the thread. Lots of interesting information. My conclusion is they work to help maintain your weight loss. I havent gained but I havent really lost either. I returned my Carbolix today for a full refund. I think Im going to pick up a different brand and try it but probably not everyday like I did with the Carbolix. Ill use it when I get some serious cravings for bad foods. I have to get myself back in the habit of eating lower carb to lose the last 15 lbs.
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 09:27
Registered Member

BF:

Bayrat, I was going to go to the Post Office today to see whether my Carboban has arrived....but then realized it's Veterans Day!!! And I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity tomorrow, so it'll have to wait till Thursday.
I love Disney World!! And November is a great time to go (lower prices, hardly any lines). I don't do roller coasters...but the attractions are amazing! We especially like the GM Test Track at Epcot and the Kilamajaro Safari at Animal World. The food is ok...pricey, though. Trying to figure out how I'm going to LC while there. We do have a microwave and small refrig in the room, but that's why I was interested in the carb blockers.
We're going to Las Vegas in mid December. I'm just a travelin' fool!! Actually, I had some frequent flyer miles that were burning a hole in my pocket...Never been there that time of year. I hope its not too cold. Haven't been since Spring of 2002 so there should be some new stuff to see.

LC question: Did you go through a time where you've lost your appetite? Some times at meal times I don't feel like eating at all!

Gonna run...Bye!
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 17:21

BF:

Yes CeeTee I have had those spells and usually have a light snack such as tuna or all-bran with soy milk for dinner. I am in one of those slumps today, ate sausage and HB eggs for breakfast every morning trying to use up some of the meat I had to cook when the freezer quit and find I am not hungry in the evening. Had some pork and mashed turnips for lunch and a bit of cauliflower salad. Not a bad thing, just bloated from all the meat I think. Other than the bit of veggie and the cream for my java hardly any carbs the last few days, see if I am on target when I weigh in Friday.

I have been in Vegas over Thanksgiving and the weather was decent, about like it is in late Feb or early March. December is probably more like a dice toss . Where do you stay? I am a fan of the MGM but the Aladdin was really great with that underground 1.2 mile mall to wander in. The room was actually nicer than the grand tower but seemed the whole place was not kept quite as tidy as the MGM. Of course the Venetian would suit me as well, just have a problem paying double the price for it. You will be fine with the food in Disney, they must have meat of some sort on a stick or a bone.

rrmalnsI doubt they will help you much, if they really worked you would be losing weight taking them all the time like you are. How many calories can one eat, they claim to block 1000 on average among them? Try low carbing and see what happens when you take them, does it increase the loss dramatically for the week when you are watchful of your diet? I'll bet not but let us know.
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 18:39

BF:

I was very, very bad tonight. I ate 4 slices of pizza at our neighborhood Little Italy Restaurant. It was so GOOD!! Took my carb blockers. Hopefully my weight will be the same in the morning. Im starting back on the diet seriously Thursday.

Disney is a great place to go. We havent been since the summer of 2002. We went to Universal Studios in August. That is a really cool place. Mostly simulator rides. Had 1 roller coast that I remember(The WoodyWoodpecker) that my 2 year old got to ride. We will be going back there this summer. Im hoping my son has grown enough by then to ride more stuff.

If the pizza didnt hurt me, then I should be able to take the carb blockers occasionally without worrying about gaining weight(occasionally being the key word here). Keeping my fingers crossed!
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 19:19

BF:

Please let us know if they worked for you, my guess is an increase but for your sake I hope not!