Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 11:13

Plan: Atkins Phase I/CCLL = 40
Stats: 187/165/135 Female 65 inches
BF:?%/30%/25%
Progress: 42%
Default Somersizer... cinnamon for blood sugar levels?

Thanks LizzyLC.

I am still so amazed that this section of the board does not have more people contributing. I feel so much better now that I am food combining versus Atkins (strict Low Carbing). I am losing too! Its a slower pace of weight loss but I feel great!

So... I kind of gave up on completely omitting caffeine. I am so addicted to it. I am trying to keep it to one cup a day. One thing I am doing though is adding lots of cinnamon to my coffee. I found some research that says that cinnamon helps to stabilize your blood sugar level.

Anybody else have any experience with cinnamon and weight loss due to stabilized insulin levels?

I am still Somersizing but I am gaining interest in the other food combining WOEs.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 15:46

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi DirtyW.,

I've also read about cinnamon and insulin. I think if you do a search you'll find some threads on it here. I add to my coffee as well. The Hay Diet is another food combining plan. Here's a link if you're interested:
http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/mess...ew_messages.htm

see ya later
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 18:21

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi,
I'm new to Somersizing and am so thrilled to found this thread..I used to do CALP, but since gaining back 15 pounds in 1 year and struggling to get if off, I picked up Get Skinny and Eat, Cheat & Melt the fat away..I started 8 days ago and have lost 3 pounds.
I love the feeling of control I feel on this plan. I am a major sugar and chocolate addict and in order to lose weight I know I have to cut these foods out.
I'm still having 2 cups of coffee a day and at this point, I don't plan to cut it out completely since I've lost 3 pounds this week drinking 2 cups a day.
I find I do a lot better if I keep my meals very simple..that way I don't overeat or eat too many carbs.
I do plan on making some of the recipes in the books, but right now I'm very busy with college and work ...no time to spend tons of time planning menus..keeping it simple works great for me.
I love cinnamon as well, never heard about putting it in coffee..wow..I do put it in my cream of wheat in the morning...
Hoping to stay on track and look forward to hearing about others on this journey.
MA
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 08:38

BF:

Hi Gasp,
I remember you from the CALP threads.
I'm food combining but not following Somer's. I'm off of dairy right now and her recipes tend to be a little dairy heavy. Her recipes are good though. I also looked a Marilu Henner's plan but that one is soy heavy which I avoid as well. So I'm just doing my own plan or closer to Montinqac's plan. That's great you lost a few pounds already so have I but I'm kinda stalled right now - which is totally my own fault. I need to keep my priorities straight.
Keep in touch !
  #125   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 04:26

BF:

Hi Lizzy,
I hear you about being stalled..it's been 6 days at the same number..I know that's not considered a stall, but I am following religiously the plan. No sugar whatsoever and only whole wheat carbs in the morning.
I've now switched to pro/fat in the morning as well. I haven't been able to work out this past week and am thinking that is the reason the scale is not moving.
I'm taking a finance course and am studying for finals, I guess I need to take the time to exercise as well..

Mary-Ann
  #126   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 09:07

BF:

Hi Mary Ann,

Good luck with your finals. I wouldn't mind going back to school.
The scale is still stuck in the same spot today Better than gaining. My digestion is much better with food combining. Do you find that?

Have a good one,

Lizzy
  #127   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 06:05

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile

Hi Mary-Ann-- Could you be near TOM?

I've been SSing for about 7-8 months and have lost 50 pounds. There have been some weeks where I lost nothing. Frustrating, but when I think about how much BETTER I feel, the frustration fades. This is now just the way I eat.

Also, during the times that I've not lost any weight, I can tell that the fat is re-distributing itself. Kinda funny how it does it!!!
  #128   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 16:12

BF:

Yea, I find too that the weight is redistributing...the scale did actually go down 2 pounds ...so I'm at 141..I haven't seen that weight since last spring..it was very nice!
I'm not near TOM, I think I'm just not getting enough exercise and that is the problem..once finals are out of the way, I can focus on that..one more week.
I do love the way I feel on this plan..I have so much energy and am up at 5:30am..I wake up rested and full of energy and no mid afternoon slump...even better.
Have a great evening!
MA
  #129   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 19:38

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

hey guys i'm back
my weight went back up
i'm sad. it's cuz i'm sitting ev ery day working in an office
i still work out as much as i can, nite times but it's not enough
i was not working sinc elast may and started this job 1month and a half ago and my weight is back up
i dont' even eat that bad. ive stuck to low carb, eating proteins and veggies, no sugar, bu ti do eat choco perfection chocolate bars. i need to eat less... argh.
i hopei get my period soon
  #130   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 08:00

BF:

MA -- good job on those two pounds! And welcome Spring!

Ptouch -- don't get discouraged, you will figure out something that works for you!
  #131   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 16:25

BF:

Hi Ptouch...I hear you about working in an office....I started a year ago after being home and active for 15 years..the weight just climbed and climbed.
I finally feel like I've gotten control with Somersizing..I also try and walk every day at lunch..45 minutes most days is better than nothing.
I do Tae Bo as well..except these past couple weeks, I've been so busy studying. But after Wednesday, I'll be going back to walking every day and Tae bo as well..I'm sure that will help move the scale down
Have a great day!
MA
  #132   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 17:31

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%
Default 1 lbdown

wow it'ssooo slow
i've cut out nuts and now i'm 1lb down from last week
i'm 140.5
i can't believe this past sept i was 132
how did i blow up so fast!?!?
nuts and not being caareful and not loggin my meals
and started this job. where i sit alllll day

aregh
i need to stay strong because i still want nuts and oatmeal cookies. i have to stick to this.

atleast i have the gas under control because ido good food combines.
  #133   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 08:25

BF:

Stay strong, Ptouch! You can do it!
  #134   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 10:59

BF:

Hang in there Ptouch. As linss said - you can do it.

I gave up coffee and caffeine last week. Nothing has helped my digestion better than that - even food combining. I didn't realize how nasty the stuff was on my digestion. It, obviously, set me up for an entire day of misery. I didn't experience a withdrawal headache either. I also lost some weight - I think Atkins was right about caffeine.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  #135   ^
Old Sun, May-13-07, 13:14

BF:

I gave up cafeine, but then went back to it. I can tell that it is causing me difficulties ..... so, it's time to give it up again! Thanks for the reminder, Lizzy!