Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 02:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/154/126 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins Bar

I wonder can anyone give me advice with this. I completed the 2 weeks induction and then started to add more carbs. My diet consists of mainly a boiled egg for breakfast, chicken / tuna and a small salad for lunch and a dinner of meat and veg, I allow myself an Atkins bar for a treat after. Do you think it is OK to have one of those bars everyday. I seemed to be a bit mixed up, they are only 2 grms of carbs but I don't know if they are meant as a treat like once a week! It would be great if anyone could help

Hope
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 19:48

Stats: 345/263.5/200 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think it depends... I'm losing and eating 2 of em a day...

Basically from what I hear they CAN destabilize your blood sugar level-- because even though theres only 2 net carbs-- the rest of those "hidden non-effective carbs" are sugar alcohol--- now sugar alcohol doesn't really have an impact on your insulin levels and it will burn first-- keep that in mind- it will burn first-- before your body burns anything else for energy i.e. fat, protein... it's going to burn the sugar alcohols that you eat-- but if you're getting really active-- you can still eat these bars as a quick meal on the go-- I find that I can eat one and not even think about food for hours--- they're amazing, I buy them on e-bay now! (Much much cheaper on ebay)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 05:11

Stats: 154/154/126 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for that, you are right they are really yummy! I thought I was being really smart and bought a box of them off Amazon half price but by the time I paid for the shipping and VAT etc., it ended up costing about $20 a bar (well nearly), I suppose you learn
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 04:27

Stats: 126/5.4/105 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 574%

Sorry I don't know anything about the bars but am desperate for help from fellow low carers. Hi there did Atkins for the first time in May for my wedding, lost loads of weight and looked amazing but found myself slipping back into my old habits with beer and bread.

I'm determined to stay on track this time and have just started again this morning, must say it's very hard. But I've been so miserbale lately as I've put back on all the weight I had lost and more. Does anybody have any advice words of encouragement for a second timer, any successfull second timers out there?

Also are frankfurters alright on the induction phase?

All the help I can get is very much appreciated.