Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 04:11

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Low Carb Denver starts today! Watch for free

DietDoctor again is offering a LiveStream of the Low Carb Denver conference for free to its members. If you are not a member, sign up for the Free month trial today. After a month, if you are not happy with the member content, it is very easy to cancel.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/watch-lo...-at-diet-doctor

Quote:
The Low Carb Denver 2019 conference starts TODAY Friday and runs until Sunday. It’s possibly the largest US low-carb conference of the year, with 850 participants and over 30 amazing speakers.

We’re 12 coworkers from Team Diet Doctor on location to film presentation and podcasts. We’ll also help manage a high-quality livestream of the entire event, featuring several cameras and live editing.

This livestream will be freely available for all our 65,000+ members. You can watch it here:

Low Carb Denver 2019 livestream

Awesome speakers include Gary Taubes, Nina Teicholz, Dr. David and Jen Unwin, Dr. Bret Scher, Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Eric Westman and more! I will present on Sunday.

Don’t miss out on this amazing event, starting at 7 am MST on Friday.

Low Carb Denver 2019 livestream

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 11:43

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh man, busy weekend just got busier!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 11:46

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I listened this morning to a great talk by Georgia Ede. She just keeps getting better. She tears apart the Eat-Lancet report piece by piece.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 13:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

This afternoon (so soon) is a real highlight, talks by both Gary Taubes and Dariush Mozaffarian DrPh, then followed by a panel discussion with them. Gary mentioned how he was looking forward to this in a recent interview.

The entire schedule with times in MST: https://lcd19.sched.com
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 08:04

BF:

I have listened to many of the talks and have been impressed with the quality of the speakers. One thing that keeps occurring to me is how the focus on doctors and their patients would lead one to assume that it is necessary to go to a doctor in order to figure out how to eat and get healthy. Most of us here have gone a different route. Wouldn't it be nice if eating could once again become a natural activity of humans that didn't need professionals to organize and administer?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 08:56

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Most of us here have gone a different route. Wouldn't it be nice if eating could once again become a natural activity of humans that didn't need professionals to organize and administer?

In fact, if one started pursuing a healthy eating plan several years ago, there weren't many doctors who could provide the necessary guidance and dispense the knowledge required to improve health. Mostly status quo Food Pyramid and MyPlate in those days with the mantra of low fat, healthy whole grains being the norm. One of the things many have learned is that you don't need a doctor to tell you how to eat, and in fact, that advice depending who you are seeing, could be harmful. I heartily agree that the sharing of healthy eating wisdom and related messages should be widely embraced so that everyone can benefit. Seeing physicians should be only on those occasions when one suffers from a health condition not brought on by uninformed and detrimental eating. I fully subscribe to the scenarios described by Dr. William Davis in Undoctored. Don't get me wrong, it's beneficial and gratifying that the medical community is embracing healthy changes. I believe strongly that these changes need to develop into common knowledge to enable many to benefit without the need of a physician, and it appears to be happening.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 09:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
In fact, if one started pursuing a healthy eating plan several years ago, there weren't many doctors who could provide the necessary guidance and dispense the knowledge required to improve health. Mostly status quo Food Pyramid and MyPlate in those days with the mantra of low fat, healthy whole grains being the norm. One of the things many have learned is that you don't need a doctor to tell you how to eat, and in fact, that advice depending who you are seeing, could be harmful. I heartily agree that the sharing of healthy eating wisdom and related messages should be widely embraced so that everyone can benefit. Seeing physicians should be only on those occasions when one suffers from a health condition not brought on by uninformed and detrimental eating. I fully subscribe to the scenarios described by Dr. William Davis in Undoctored. Don't get me wrong, it's beneficial and gratifying that the medical community is embracing healthy changes. I believe strongly that these changes need to develop into common knowledge to enable many to benefit without the need of a physician, and it appears to be happening.

Agree completely with what you have said. I didn't need a doctor to tell me I was fat and sick and I didn't need a doctor to tell me that I had to change the way I was eating in order to reverse this. I did need to do research in order to learn what would most likely be most beneficial for me. For those people who cannot do this on their own it is certainly good that there are more and more doctors out there who can help and advise them but for me doctors have been a distraction not a benefit. I plan to continue this way unless and until something medical arises for which my own efforts are insufficient. I would hate to see this grass roots movement of people taking back their health and their power to be usurped by the professionals.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 09:43

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Isn't it ironic how so many doctors are fat and sick themselves and yet they know the 'right' way to good health
Don't do as I do, do as I say do!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 15:39

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Isn't it ironic how so many doctors are fat and sick themselves and yet they know the 'right' way to good health
Don't do as I do, do as I say do!

Every time I set foot in a hospital, the sheer number of seriously overweight employees there just shocks me.

I also remember sitting in the waiting room of a cardiologist's office one time several years ago, and the staff there was even heavier- I mean every single person working in the front office appeared to be morbidly obese. A few of the nurses in the back were not overweight, but the ones who were normal sized were still quite young, and obviously their hearthealthy low fat diet hadn't ruined their metabolisms... yet.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 08:55

BF:

Lots of great talks. Dr Eades gave a really interesting talk on something he called the incretin effect. In summary he reviewed the science which showed that the structure of the food we eat effects our insulin response to the food even when blood glucose level remain the same. The more highly processed the food, that is the more the original cell structure of the food is broken down, the greater the insulin response. In other words the insulin response to a whole apple is less than the insulin response to apple sauce which in turn is less than the insulin response to apple juice. It is an argument for eating the least processed foods possible to keep our insulin level as low as possible.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 13:01

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Everything that I've had time to watch live has been great, but I still have heaps more to get through. So glad that Diet Doctor have captured it all.