Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: BFL
Stats: 115/115/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Started today!! But have a few ??

Hello everyone! I just started BFL today.

I've been researching this for the past week. I piled together recipes and even went out and bought a workout bench and changeable weights (I know this will slow down my workout, but i dont' have the room or the money to buy more). Last night i went crazy cooking and right now my frig is full of my weeks 'meals'

Now, i know this is a low-carb forum, so are most of you trying this program low-carb? In the book he suggests almost a 50-50 split, right? But most of you bring that down?

Now on to the questions...

Are the foods he specifically listed in the book the only 'allowed' foods? He was pretty vague about that part. I have recipes that call for applesauce and banannas, which weren't really addressed in the book.

To fully take advantage of the program, should his workouts be all i do? I'm in athletics, and i dont' think my coaches would like it if i told them i couldn't work out with the team bacause i'm on BFL I don't want to overstress my muscles, but i don't want to not do enough either....

Lastly, What do you all think of the Myoplex supplements? I can't afford them! I went to GNC yesterday, and a pack of 20 shakes was $45! And to eat three a day? Crazy. But i did buy some EAS AdvantEdge bars at Hy-Vee. THey were only 1.40 each... alot better than the 2.50 for Myoplex bars. But is there a difference between the two?

If you all DO recommend Myoplex, which do you prefer? THe Lite, the Low Carb, or the regular? If i can scrape up the money for them, i want to make sure i get the right ones RIght now i make 'Carb Solutions' shakes instead

Thanks again for all your help!!!! Sorry this is so long.
Sponsored Links