Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'2''
BF:23%/22.5%/18
Progress: 70%
Default Fat fAST starting tomorrow. Need advice!

My weight has cycles and I am right now in the one of gaining weight. It is difficult to me even mantain my current weight and impossible to lose.

Gonna start fat fast tomorrow and gonna see if I break my stall and shake my organism.

Some questions to you folks:

1) may I drink coffee? I had been on strict diet last week drinking coffee and it did not stall me at all.
2) may I have at least 1 cup lettuce a day, it has no carbs and I think it would not harm at the end, because the percentages do not change that much.

how is possible to have a " chicken salad" with 2 t of mayo if only the mayo has 200 calories itself. How much chicken should I use?

4) I find very difficult to use fitday for the FF, the proportions are quite the opposite

5) It is possible to workout? I have a very intense training (I run 5 kms twice a week and three times a week spinning) I am going to give up my routine, but I would like to try tomorrow ( having some energy I hope) and lift a bit, what do you think.

I am waiting for your comments,

Saluditos
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-04, 19:51
Registered Member

Default Journal

Hi guys, gonna start a journal at the bootcamp in order to check my progress, I am quite excited about it! I already sent my white pants to the dry cleaners... let's see if I can wear them on sat!!

saludos Irene
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%
Lightbulb

I've done the fat fast with excellent results, I tweaked it though and changed proportions. Ended up being more like 70-85% fat with some protein.

I would eat small baby spinahc salads with a hard hoiled egg in them, .5 oz of bacon bits (I cooked a huge batch and ate it over a couple of weeks) and sprinkles of parmesan, I'd use red wine vinegar and 1 tb of oil for my dressings.

Ground beef with onions and lc ketchup

Sour cream with scallion chopped and 1oz bacon crumbles

1hard boiled egg with bacon and mayo

etc.
I had a lot of caffeine!! Watch it though, you don't want the cream or anything you put in your coffee to get you off track. If I needed cream in my cofee I'd measure it and use the cofee as a meal.

It's hard to get used to the tiny portion sizes.

Working out.. you may be really really really tired! I was!!! And I am every time I try the fat fast, I find it almost impossible to exercise if I have anything going on in my life. eg: school, work, etc. which requires energy.

However, A week ago I started the sprotein sparing modified fast - very low cal, very low fat, very low carbs and high protein. I eat a few more veggies than the original plan. I feel GREAT. My workout performance is excellent - I do chinups, squats, sprints, pushups etc. and I have excellent energy despite the very low calories. The fat fast is very effective, but if you're athletic you may want to try a higher protein alternative, in this week I've seen great results. I intend to continue for a while. So far I've had no adverse effects.

Feel free to ask any questions!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 19:39
Registered Member

Question sprotein sparing modified fast

Dear Meg, thanks for your tips and input, they were so helpful.

Now, what is the sprotein sparing modified fast ??? I really like the idea, specially because is high protein and low fat, could you explain me a little bit more?

Also I have my only type of FF, as I have lettuce in the evening and coffee (unsweetened and no cream) during the day.

Please, explain me more or less about your new fast, and how is going.

Mine, so far so good, in three days I lost three and a half pounds... which is amazing for me, hope not to gainthem back by the way how you have managed this?

Saluditos
Agua
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 20:00
Registered Member

Kind of in a rush.. somewhere I have an article on it.
It's basically 1.5g protein per pound of bodyweight and fish oil for omega threes. The recommendation is 6 1g capsules per day. That's it. absolute minimal carbs... that means a few green veggies and basically no fat. Eat lean meats and sources of protein.

Do an internet search for it, and check out http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/index.php?
There are quite a few people on there doing it.

My nutrition totals for the day usually end up being between 700-850 cals, 100-120 grams protein (my bodyweight is 150lbs) 22 grams fat, and 20-30 carbs.

I have some very good recipes that I'll post soon. I eat more veggies than recommended, and will throw in a low carb tortilla here and there. I'm not hungry, I'm not weak, I'm alert!! (going to school) and generally feel great. I do consume a fair amount of caffeine, and supplement with green tea, an excellent multivitamin...throw in some extra calcium too. I drink grapefruit crystal lite because it's yummy, and for a treat eat 1/8 to 1/4 grapefruit sometimes. I have a designated carb evening, followed by a high fat low carb day.. followed by getting back on the diet each week.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 20:00
Registered Member

on those bodyrecomp forums there is also discussion re: metabolic slowdown when dieting.. in case that is something you're worried about.