Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bette,

FYI the scales indicated a 1.5 pound gain from the approximate quarter/half cup of ziti, heel of bread and 1/2 cup of oatmeal the next morning. Used 1g carb blockers that I purchased. I might try them one more time in the next couple of weeks to see if the same results are obtained, but I would say they really do not seem to work. Perhaps they will on you, try them here and you will know if you need to ship a couple bottles to China . I do not know of anyone on a low carb diet that is hyping them, sometimes that says it all.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 14:29
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-OWL
Stats: 201/162.3/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

bayrat

I don't know........
I just don't want those carbs. I've gotten so that bread doesn't even look good. Pasta was my favorite thing, even made it from scratch. Now it doesn't tempt me.
I think I'll just eat what I'm given and pray for the best.
Isn't it weird that most Chinese people are small and thin, in China that is.
Bette
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 16:08

BF:

There is a reason for that Bette. As you probably know, they don't eat the junk along with the rice. Meat is used as a garnish if they can afford it and you don't see it mixed with General Tso sweet sauce. Besides, they have to work their buts off to survive.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 17:18
Contributing Member

BF:
Talking

Well, Bayrat, maybe I'll lose weight
Sorry about your weight gain. Do you weigh every day?
I weigh once a week same day, same time, same scale. Obsessive?
I only lost 1/2 lb this week I hope I'm not going into a stall.
What's the "Bayrat" all about? Do you live on a bay?
I live in Chicago. It was 83F today. I'm ready for some fall!
Bette
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 17:45

BF:

I usually weigh in once a week, just check more when eating/trying something different. I may check Tuesday due to the carb blocker test and won't look again until Friday or Saturday morning.

I have been around the water my whole life, my first house was waterfront as well. The first wife hated it along with my registered shepard, should have kept both and gotten rid of her since she was the newcomer. I now sit on top of a hill with a view of Lake Ontario. I am reconditioning a 1987 a Silverton aft cabin, which will allow me to be on the water when I wish to be. Bayrat is simply a moniker I use on the net, saw it on a sailboat once and took it for my own. I don't pass my name or address out, too many wacko's and creeps to deal with. I do like to pass along personal information ie;home, vehicles, job etc..when discussing topics on the three or four boards I belong to, using a nickname enhances security.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 18:13
Contributing Member

BF:

This is the first board I've joined. I have really enjoyed it so far. I didn't know about the wackos.
I grew up in the desert but married a man from Louisana who was a fisherman. And have lived around the water ever since. He worked in the oilfield and we spent some time in England where we built a sailboat and sailed to the states. It was quite an adventure. We had our 2 kids with us. We lived on the boat for 6 years after that.That was along time ago tho. Now I live 2 blocks from Lake Michigan.
Maybe I shouldn't be saying all this.
I'm scared of the wackos now
Your boat sounds great but I don't know what a Silverton is. Is it sail or power?
Bette
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 18:26

BF:

What an adventure Bette, I am jealous. I don't believe you have to be scared, just be cautious. If you are new to these things, just remember by giving your full name and general location in type, it may be possible for someone to track you down if you inadvertently mention what street you live on etc...I am overly cautious, probably paranoid. My youngest son had his identity stolen and has been going through heck to fix it. His wallet was taken while he was on the beach in California, after playing sailor all week.

Silverton builds yachts or stink-boxes, as some sailors refer to them. I like to sail as well but my favorite woman hates it, scared of the heeling over. Have to run now it's past my sack time, talk to you all later.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 14:35

BF:

Well Bette, back to within one half a pound of where I was prior to Saturday Night/Sunday this morning. Will try to stay away from the pasta, seems to really do me in. I have been drinking a very limited amount of wine or low carb beer every weekend and although it probably slows my loss, I don't gain weight from it. I am really doing my best to believe the blockers work but I just don't see it. If they did, most of what I eat in the form of veggies, pasta and the like would not be effecting my loss. I will probably take the bottle back next trip to the mall, I still have two other brands left to use if I want.

Was just deciding what to have for dinner. I ate left-over steak for lunch two days and have left-over chicken breast for the next two. Probably make a nice green salad with egg garnish.

BRat
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 14:46
Contributing Member

BF:

I'm having chicken fried in butter with onions and bell peppers.
I don't drink beer and stuff so I don't have to worry about those carbs.
I've re-thought the carb blocker thing. Don't believe I'll try them. I do really good not eating those bad carbs and if I try them here I might slip back into the old habits. If you find one that works let me know and I will take it to China with me and take them there.
About the wacko thing, I wouldn't give my address to anyone and I'm not listed in the phone book or anything so I'm not really worried.
That's too bad about your son. I have heard of identity theft but yours is the only personal one I've heard of.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 14:48
Contributing Member

BF:

Have you ever tried low carb pasta?
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 15:10

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Bayrat I am doing a similar experiment but mine is a little different from yours. I bought some cheap carb burners from vitamin world. They cost about 5.00 with a discount. I am still low carbing but I am taking my pills everyday. I just started Sunday but I will be sure to post my results. I don't plan on cheating. I just want to see if they will help me lose weight quicker. I think with any pill that you take it needs to get in your system before you can see results. I'll keep you posted.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 15:10

BF:

I have tried the spinach pasta and looked at the low carb but I don't recall seeing a big difference in the count. Quite honestly, I used to live on the stuff and now I get along fairly nicely without it. Just like to have the real thing once in a while and when I reach my goal that should not be a problem. Not much carb in what I drink either, have a couple three glasses of white wine on the weekend. Atkins lists it as only a carb or so but perhaps there is sugar there that is not good. The low carb beer is usually after I shoot skeet but have not made it there for a couple of weeks due to prior commitments.

My son was devastated by this crook. He bought a TV, cell phones, rented an apartment, opened a business and you name it. Probably not the same person each time, they sell the identities. I helped him clear it up when he came home and the Navy lawyer worked on it while he was in the service. They are nothing but human debris, scum that do those kind of things. Last week he had his windows smashed out and CD player stolen right out of his dashboard while parked in downtown Rochester. Small wonder why decent people stay out of those places.

Glad you are being cautious, the net is a great way to do all sorts of things but there are many predators out there to be cautious of.

BRat
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 15:18

BF:

Fantastic Amiee, another test pilot. We should have a good database when this is over. Since you just started it will be hard to tell if they are doing you any good I would imagine. Where you will notice it more is after induction and you have a steady loss, then you can tell if these increase that loss.

If I understand the principle of the bean extract, it goes in and blocks the starch molecules, in essence preventing them from being digested. The recommendation is that you take it right before you eat, so I assume it is passed through the same as food would be. If that is the case, an accumulation of the product in the system would not occur. I would liken it to taking a shot of liquor, you drink it; it has an effect; it goes away.

Please keep us up to speed on your success with it.

BRat
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 15:22

BF:

Oh Amiee, I think that I misunderstood what you meant . You just started the pills, not the low carbing . I glanced at your stats and realized you are not new at the LC, just the pills. Sorry about that!
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 17:59

Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Bayrat, that's ok.

The pills that I have are called CarboBurner. You take 1 pill with a meal three times a day. Today I had a very little appetite. I almost postive that this is due to the carb burners. I checked my ketosis and I only have a trace. On Sunday I had a slice of sugar free pie so I know I was completely out of ketosis. It normally takes me at least 48 hours to get back into ketosis. So there is no change with that. What I would like to do is lose at least two pounds a week. I'm a very slow loser so I hope the carb burners help. I will keep all of you posted on my progress.