Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 17:41

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%

Good one Kathy....
it is faster to list the ones I have NOT had..
guess I should count my blessings...
gt
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 23:12
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

OMG, Kathy! Seeing it all spelled out sort of puts my mind at ease... but depresses me at the same time! Don't you have to wonder WHY all this happens? Is it just that nature says "You're too old to reproduce, so I'm taking the estrogen. You don't need it". Like hell we don't need it! Give it back right now!
  #213   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 11:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Glad you enjoyed it, it's kind of good to check every few months, LOL, anyway life is cruel sometimes is'nt it.

P.S. Not a bad Idea to show your partner this list too
AS long as, they don't start calling numbers at you

Cheers Kathy
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 08:44
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Just popped in to see how everyone was doing. Not much activity here.

HN
  #215   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 06:49

Hi HN.. you know it goes in spurts around here..lol
I'm going through the "eye of the storm" I think... nothing happening.. all symptoms gone...kinda nice but scary that it could all come back with a vengence...!
Found Fruit 2o.. has helped a lot with my water consumption that went WAY down in winter.. wish I knew about it a long time ago..
Hope everyone is out enjoying the warmer (for most of us) weather... Ahhhh to be on one of Minnie's cruises right now!!!
gt
  #216   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 14:58
Lover of Life

BF:

Hi Greentea...

I am with you. My symptoms are gone once again but I know they will reappear just to make me readjust whatever it is I am doing.

The only complaint I have right now is the feeling that has just come over me. I DON'T WANT TO BE MARRIED ANY MORE!!!!!

Not because I don't love my husband, I do but I am tired of being there and doing everything for everybody. Seems like no one can do anything for themselves, I feel like I am being taken advantage of. Why can't someone be nice and give me a weekend at a spa (alone) or a visit to a massage parlor (alone) or just a weekend away somewhere to just relax, read and not be bothered by household or wifely chores!!

Gawd I feel like I am being smothered. I know this is just the ole' menopause bitch rearing it's ugly head and it will pass. Lucky me my DH and daughters have gone to Texas for four days and have left me alone............oh it's heaven!

Yes to be on Minnie's cruise would be a delight.

HN
  #217   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 06:15

ahhhhh HN.... know exactly how you're feeling..tho never gave it much thought as to being an extention of the pausal pleasures...
My thing is wanting CHANGE... career... location...hair style..lol...
ready to blow out of this state and on to the next....the scary exciting part is that being this age and given the high degree of courage and confidence..spontaneity...and general to hell with it attitude it has brought.. is that I'm finding (especailly at work) that people are interperting it as the personality of a Take Charge type and I'm finding myself getting more of what I want .. faster than ever before...now the scary part is the thought I'm going to wake from all this and say..what the heck am I doing here? lol.... if there were a way to channel all the positives of going through changes and keep the negative ones controlled reaching middle age would be the best thing that could happen to a woman...now .. find a concoction for that and we'll have a new infomercial to set us up for life...
hope your 4 day "off" was all it needed to be...
gt
  #218   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

HN, You're coming in loud and clear! All I have to say is, "AMEN!"

asugar
  #219   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 09:45
Lover of Life

BF:

I just wanted report that I am now in a good frame of mind. Being alone did me a world of good. I am not sure how long I could have kept from blowing my stack. Now I will be sane again for a while atleast until they start getting on my last nerve.

Our Lady of Menopause is being cruel once again. I finally got my head on straight and now the ole' bitch has a come a callin' with hot flashes again at 4 AM the last two mornings.

<b>I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take it anymore!!!</b>

I will snuff her out with more black cohosh and exercise!!!

HN
  #220   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 06:53
Lover of Life

BF:

Just checking to see if Dee was back from her cruise yet.

HN
  #221   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/280/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default the dreaded "M" word

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and have been reading all your posts about the "M" word, all I can say is read the book by Dr. John Lee called "What your Dr didn't tell you about menopause" there is a website for this too, type in DR. John Lee, he advocates progesterone cream, read the book first though before messing with the cream. I am not there (menopause) yet but have hypothyroidism, and can relate to the probs you all have. Notice how menopause starts with the word men, well if they had to go through it they would probably change the name to wimpopause, lol, anyway hope this helps, Bye Bunner
  #222   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 08:49
Lover of Life

BF:

Dee - come out, come out, wherever you are!!

HN
  #223   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 13:01
Registered Member

Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Here I am!!!! :)

Lordy Mercy! I thought you all must be completely free of all your menopause stuff by now!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha! I know, I'm a cruel, evil cartoonist!

Actually, I've been going through my own "stuff" (kids, grandkids, finances/debt, insomnia, depression, tinnitis, gum disease.....etc.). I've been trying to practice positive thinking techniques which is the only thing that pulls me through all the crap. I am SO glad I live alone because there's no way I could get through it if I had someone else's feelings or PRESENCE to worry about! I give you married ladies lots of credit for NOT walking out on your lives! There ARE many, many women who do though, so even that doesn't make you "crazy" as some would call it.

I'm also blessed that I'm able to work at home because I doubt if I'd be able to hold down a job without getting fired for wearing my "I'm Changing" tshirt or my "Hot As Hell and Not Going to Take it Anymore" hat or carrying all my worldly belongings in my "Rebel with the Pause" totebag. Personally, I'm thinking of selling my mobile home and buying a small RV and a laptop, and taking off for parts unknown!

Well, at least I'll have 4 days away on the cruise! I leave on May 30 and come home on June 2. Wish it was longer, but I'm going to try to make the most of it. It's really been touch and go for the last few months....I wasn't sure I could even go! Just got my airline ticket today so I guess I'm gonna make it. One thing that helped was that they dropped the price on the cabins by $40.

Anyway, thanks for checking in on me, HN!! Hey, I almost made it on the Dr. Phil show! One of his producers found my website and called me, but I didn't fit in the plan for the show he was doing on hormones (just aired yesterday). It's a good contact though and I'll bet they'll be doing some menopause shows next season, so maybe we can get old Minnie Pauz on the tube! I did send him a personalized cartoon though! I'll try to post it below....

Oh, I started Atkins last July (I think) and I was 245 lbs......I'm now 181, which is great but I was hoping to be UNDER 180 for the cruise.....I can still do it I'm sure, but don't know if I will in the next 9 days. I'm not going to stress out about it and will enjoy bits of stuff I want to eat on the cruise. Then hopefully I'll be able to get back to the plan when I come home.
  #224   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 13:05
Registered Member

Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default darn, what happened to the cartoon?

Thought it would come up....in case it doesn't again, here's the url for it: http://www.minniepauz.com/4drphil2.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4drphil2.jpg (15.1 KB, 6 views)
  #225   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 07:01
Lover of Life

BF:

Hey girl!! So glad you are back. For some reason I thought you had already gone on your cruise, but those were envious thoughts.
Quote:
<b>I give you married ladies lots of credit for NOT walking out on your lives! There ARE many, many women who do though, so even that doesn't make you "crazy" as some would call it. </b>

Don't think walking out hadn't crossed my mind. About 23 hours of every day I think about it. Postive thinking techniques help a lot, but when there is testosterone around you it's very hard to think clearly. Especially with him going thru "andropause" too.

Quote:
<b>I'm also blessed that I'm able to work at home because I doubt if I'd be able to hold down a job without getting fired for wearing my "I'm Changing" tshirt or my "Hot As Hell and Not Going to Take it Anymore" hat or carrying all my worldly belongings in my "Rebel with the Pause" totebag.</b>

Working at home is a God send for me too.

Glad to hear you almost made it on the Dr. Phil show. Maybe some day soon.

You have accomplished a lot in this past year. If you don't make it to 180 before your cruise don't sweat it. Just have a great relaxing time on your vacation.

HN

Last edited by HerbNurse : Thu, May-22-03 at 07:02.