Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 21:00
Registered Member

Plan: B/O & ULTIMATE DIET
Stats: 205/185/180
BF:10%
Progress: 80%
Lightbulb ultimate diet in progress

Well, i've been toying with ckd's for a few years now and I'm now trying my own version of the ultimate diet, redux rebound training system where the first 2 training days after carb up are power lifting days, day 3 off, day 4 and 5 HIT, Sat and Sun off, days 8 and 9 are high volume...almost "pre-contest" routine followed by carb up through Wed until Thursday where the cycle would repeat but the key is trying to do it while still having weekends free from training.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 21:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default cool ...

Keep us posted Randy. Sounds like alot of fun.

how did you find us?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 21:29
Registered Member

Hey Dan, The only fun part is that calorie control and carb up numbers can be alittle less strict.
Actualy i enjoy cab depleating anyway, pretty strange huh? I think you just get used to it after long periods of time.
Anyway I stmbled across you guys and figured it would be a good place to explore ideas and through out a few of my own.
like Duchaine said "I'm like a ferret with info.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.
I also have a couple of my clients on similar programs. Only the ones crazy enough to try it!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 04:34

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default nice

Sounds good.

It's nice to have another trainer in the house. LOL. I tell ya, my clients that got the best results were the ones who followed the CKD plan EXACTLY as I laid it out for them ...

Then there are the others who "swear I am doing everything you say", but mysteriously aren't getting results.

I had one of my clients friends approach me in the gym and tell me, "You know, Bob is getting good results. If you could get him to stop drinking beer at lunch, he'd probably be skinny right now."

"What?"

"Yeah, he gets a sandwich and at least 3 beers everyday at the pub."

Can you believe that? LOL.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

These are the people who say 'diets' don't work (whether it be the 'CKD' or any other diet for that matter). They go out to eat at McDonalds everyday and just figure that the calories they take in don't count. Go figure. I say- don't blame the diet, blame the dieter.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 21:07
Registered Member

Oh ya, I know alot of those wannabe dieters. The ones who have tried everything under the sun and nothing ever works for them. It only seems to work for the guy next to themm. Like that person has the magic power and they wont share. I have a client who swears he went through BFL and got nothing, zilch, zoro out of it. I asked him if he gave 110% effort. His reply was , are you ready for this, "were in the book does it say I have to give that much effort". HELLO!!! SO tonite I introduced him to a buddy of mine who just completed his 12 week of BFL, and looks great. My client just cannot accept the fact that he is a slacker. This is the same guy who would bother me in the middle of training to ask for advise, then procede to do the opposite. Needless to say he is now my client and is making progress. His strength has increased and his bf has gone from 19%-12.7%. Now he cant argue "nothing woorks!!!".