Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 09:42

Plan: Lemonade (Master Cleanse)
Stats: 185.7/155/165 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:It's all body fat!
Progress: 148%
Cool This morning I smiled at myself

This morning I smiled at myself as I prepared for work. It was the first time in a long while where I can say I was truly happy with what I saw. I didn't do any investing until October 2006 and like any investment you sometimes wonder when or if you will ever see any positive returns. But the first thing I learned in Investments 101 is before investing in stocks do your research, be comfortable with what you’re investing in, and don’t worry if you don’t see immediate returns, investing is long term.

Well I’m glad I waited and continued to invest in my new WOL. I didn’t see immediate results like others but I kept investing in LCing and now at the beginning of a new year I can report positive returns. The clothes I use to wear are now hanging on me and I’m actually pondering taking in a few of my outfits (I haven’t done that in years!). One of the things it took me a while to understand is that everybody’s body type is different, some people can LC for two weeks and lose 7 lbs while others, like me, will only lose 2 lbs. Some may lose inches while others lose weight. I agree it can sometimes be depressing or even bewildering when you compare your results to others, but it’s all about the end results and I’m becoming quite happy about my results. Choosing this WOL has made me more aware of what I put into my body and how it makes me feel afterwards. The benefits from my investments are growing. I’m eating healthier, my face is practically flawless, and years are being melted away; not only am I happy I’m comfortable.

This year I will continue to invest in this WOL and I know by this time next year the gains (or should I say losses?) will be plentiful.

Today was the first time I smiled at myself in the mirror, as my clothes hung loosely, while preparing for work this morning.

Last edited by sldeal : Tue, Jan-02-07 at 21:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 15:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and South Beach
Stats: 145.0/140/135.0 Female 5.5inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thank you so much for your encouraging testimonial.

I have only been eating low carb for two weeks, and I was pleased when I lost 5lbs in my first week.

Yesterday I decided to try on some of my clothes that were too tight, and I really felt discouraged. They did not fit!! I only have another 5lbs to lose before I reach my ideal weight of 135lbs. However I still felt depressed. I weighed myself this morning and I had not lost anything more this week.

Your post today has really encouraged me. I know there are others that would be jumping up and down if all they had to lose was a pathetic 5lbs before reaching their goal. It sounds pitiful I know.

Thank you once again. I love eating this way,
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 16:12

Plan: m&e.IF
Stats: 224/214/140 Female 60 in
BF:52%
Progress: 12%

CONGRAGULATIONS on reaping good dividend's , may you have continued profits,
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talmidah
Thank you so much for your encouraging testimonial.

I have only been eating low carb for two weeks, and I was pleased when I lost 5lbs in my first week.

Yesterday I decided to try on some of my clothes that were too tight, and I really felt discouraged. They did not fit!! I only have another 5lbs to lose before I reach my ideal weight of 135lbs. However I still felt depressed. I weighed myself this morning and I had not lost anything more this week.

Your post today has really encouraged me. I know there are others that would be jumping up and down if all they had to lose was a pathetic 5lbs before reaching their goal. It sounds pitiful I know.

Thank you once again. I love eating this way,

Just stay encouraged, because you're close to your goal it may take a while longer, but believe me when I say if you stick with it you will reap the benefits...don't concentrate too much on what others are losing, just concentrate on yourself.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloslo1
CONGRAGULATIONS on reaping good dividend's , may you have continued profits,

Thank you! I wish the same for you.