Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 07:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/157.8/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default mini-goal

This morning I weighed myself at 145(.4) which is the least I have weighed in over 6 years! I know from experience of the way my weight does that this will go back up a little and gradually 'bounce' down further... I'm so excited I've been doing very little aerobic excercise... most of my 'program' now consists of Yoga and just a little Martial Arts. I'm becoming more and more a Yoga advocate... I feel so much better since I have started it! I even recently emptied a room (got out of the day-care business) that is now becoming my Yoga/ Meditation/ Excercise room.

My co-workers have been making very obvious snide remarks about my diet and it is REALLY irritating me. I know better than to let little things get to me but the other night I was really 'on the brink', feeling rather emotional. It sucks to work so hard to have people 'punish' my accomplishments by mocking me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 08:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 330/317.0/154 Female 1.65cm
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi there JJJ, saw your post and I just had to have my say I also had the same problem at the previous place where I worked, people making comments about my diet. I find people that try and lead you astray, or make comments about the diet you (nasty comments) are mostly jelouse of your will and commitment. Why you ask, well that I just cant answer. Try seeing it as a hill you have to climb. You climb that hill and squash any bugs that get in your way lol. Good luck to you, and at least you know there are people on the site that will help and support you better than your friends and family can.

Have a wonderful week and keep your chin up and smile through your journey.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-07, 08:17

BF:

Thank you, Tracey. I'm glad that there are people who understand. I guess that going out there (working with teenage boys), I expected to have them mocking me, etc (who cares...lol) but my biggest mistake was to assume that the staff and the youth would behave differently. After last night, I have decided to just view certain staff as one of the youth who I am not allowed to reprimand and try to keep as much distance between us as possible. I've no idea why she hates me but I'm not going to kiss her back side... it's her problem if she wants to hate me... I have no requirement that everyone like me. All of this drama that people like to live in sure takes away from the joy that we could all be sharing. ANYWAY (I tend to get off-topic and ramble)... thanks again for letting me know that others have experienced the same thing.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 03:45

BF:

JJJ you know what normally helps me I just think to myself that getting back at people like that would be lowering myself to their level. You know what it just aint worth it.

You have the right idea treat them like one of the youths, or just ignore them totally.

Keep yourself focused on your eating plan, do some exercises which helps with stress and your focus.

You are doing well.
Enjoy your day xx
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-07, 07:09

BF:

Here is what a friend from another forum told me... it really helped to put things into a different perspective for me:

You know, JJJ, my dad told me a story 2 days ago about when some girl first turned him and his friend on to speed. He said her words were "I just want you guys to know I'm only doing this because I'm miserable and I want some company." Addicts want company. You say your coworkers all eat candy and pizza etc.. that might be your answer. It's not jealousy, they are losing a companion and feel probably both betrayed and abandoned.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-07, 03:19

BF:

Never a true word spoken. Thats a great way of looking at the problem.
I hope you are still going strong. Iam trying so hard, at least the place where Iam working now I have 2 very supportive ladies who I work with.
You keep going strong, you know you can.

Keep smiling and stay true to yourself.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-07, 07:26

BF:

Thanks Tracey. Much positive vibes your way, gf. It's good that you do have supportive co-workers. I helped a child last night who made my 'problem' with coworkers seem very trivial and silly. I'm humbled.

YES, I'm still on-track (YAYYYYYY!!!!) My weight has gone up and down a little over the last few days but it still keeps going back down to 145 and I haven't seen this weight in a long time. Today is my 34th birthday and I 'feel' as though I'm getting younger, rather than older