Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 03:26
Registered Member

Plan: 1st ATKINS; now CKD!!
Stats: 208/166/158
BF:
Progress: 84%
Cool im going to vegas, How should I eat??? maintaining induction past the 14 days

I am going to vegas cause i just turned 21. I have been on the induction phase for exactly one month. I am 14 days past the 14 day induction period. I am continuing induction cause I have the self disipline. When I get to vegas how should I go about eating all the good food? Should I up my carbs to like 30-60 or should I stil eat only max 20?
Is it alright if I have a omlet with milk instead of wipping cream?
What would you do about eating in vegas?
I just dont want to eat something I havent for a month and get sick for the time im there. And i dont want to get home and see I have gained.
Currently i havent lost weight since the last day of induction and I am getting frustrated. BUt i figure I have lost 18lbs in 2 weeks, 18 total so far-not bad for a month total,. I just want to see it all come off fast.

Thanks a'yall
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 07:43

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It's only fuel.

Eat heathly. Stay away from the junk food. Are you going to Vegas for the food or are you going for the gaming? Don't use this as an excuse to pig out on anything you want. Be sensible about your selection and choice of meals.

If you give yourself the excuse it's okay this once, you will develop bad eating habits.....just like you outlined in the other thread asking if it would be okay to eat anything for 2 months then go back on induction over and over again.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 08:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/206/140
BF:
Progress: 11%

Last time I was in Vegas they had tons of buffets, cheap buffets.
They served lots of "legal" items like roast beef, prime rib, steak, shrimp etc. just avoid ther other junk
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 11:27

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 145/120/125
BF:
Progress: 125%

First - you really should be off induction if you have been doing this for a month - have you read the book? anyway - i'm not one to really talk becuase i don't eat carbs except for my veggies anyway.

as for vegas - i eat out a lot - and the key is to remember that there is SO MUCH good LC food - meat meat meat ! and remember that the prime rib is just as good without the mash potatoes!!!

also - remember that if you are drinking (and i assume since you are turning 21 you will be) that your body will burn the alcohol before it gets to the carbs/fat/protien.

and like you said - you don't want to get sick if you eat carbs - which is a very likely side-effect if you have been "carb free" for 4 weeks.

anyway - good luck and have fun!!!