Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 03:47

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet 2020

The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet 2020

New keto-friendly program enhances the original South Beach Diet with the latest science and is part of a brand re-launch for the iconic South Beach Diet

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-300979402.html

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- South Beach Diet®, a Tivity Health® brand, announced the launch of The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet program, a low-carb, high-fat dietary approach consistent with a ketogenic diet that allows for more flexibility. The new program reinforces the basic principles of the keto diet while adding enhancements that make the approach more convenient and more sustainable over time.

The program is part of a brand re-launch for the iconic South Beach Diet. The company is pursuing a 360-degree plan, including co-publishing a book, a variety of food-delivery plans, the re-introduction of the South Beach Diet app, partnership with a number of social influencers, an integrated television and digital campaign, and the return of South Beach Diet to retail.

The all-new keto-friendly program is based on The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet by Dr. Arthur Agatston, the world-renowned cardiologist who authored the original best-selling South Beach Diet in 2003. His approach was at the cutting edge of healthy eating as it recommended lowering sugar intake and prioritizing nutrition over cutting calories. The original South Beach Diet and other follow-up books together sold over 20 million copies.

The new book, out December 31, 2019, outlines an updated version of the original program with the latest weight loss science.

"South Beach Diet is a powerhouse brand that changed the conversation within the weight loss community by promoting the principles of 'protein,' 'healthy fats,' and 'good carbs'," said Keira Krausz, President, Nutrition Division. "Today's consumers are highly interested in keto as a means of lowering sugar and achieving their weight loss goals, but many find that eating to achieve ketosis quite challenging and rigid. In addition, people are also busier than ever and have little time for researching, excessive measuring, and extensive preparation. Our new plan gives customers the opportunity to obtain the benefits from a keto-friendly, healthy lifestyle, with the added benefits of flexibility and convenience."

The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet extends the first phase from two weeks to six months or longer, allowing time to lose belly fat and meet their weight loss goals while entering fat-burning mode, or becoming "fat-adapted." Based on new research in these areas, fat adaptation ensures a boost in energy and endurance that encourages full-fat dairy and nutrient-rich meat sources of saturated fat.

"Our goal was to take the keto lifestyle and really make it life-friendly," said Courtney McCormick, Manager, Clinical Research and Nutrition for South Beach Diet. "The keto-friendly approach allows for less restriction and more flexibility while also getting the body into fat-burning mode."

The South Beach Diet® app, designed as a complement to the South Beach Diet weight management programs, has been revamped to support the keto-friendly program. The brand will also deliver recipes, tips, and other content related to the keto-friendly lifestyle via the South Beach Diet blog, The Palm.

New Advertising and Marketing

In preparation of the launch of The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, the brand chose Quigley-Simpson, a full-service creative advertising agency based in Los Angeles, to develop the campaign.

"With the release of Dr. Agatston's new book and the rollout of the keto-friendly program, we knew that 2020 was going to be a special year for South Beach Diet," said Krausz. "Quigley-Simpson proved to be an invaluable partner as we developed a campaign worthy of this groundbreaking new program."

Quigley-Simpson and the company's internal creative team have created brand support ads as well as direct response ads to run across linear television, digital and social platforms.

Jessie James Decker, country singer, entrepreneur, and mother of three, continues as South Beach Diet's lead ambassador, appearing in new television commercials, digital ads and across social media platforms. The Hills' Audrina Patridge, Chrisley Knows Best's Savannah Chrisley, and Ashley Iaconetti of The Bachelor also serve as brand ambassadors across social platforms.

New Products

South Beach Diet boasts a menu of more than 70 meals and snack and shakes, all of which are keto-friendly, including Homestyle Chicken & Cauliflower Rice, Sesame Glazed Beef & Veggie Bowl, and allowable, keto-friendly indulgences such as Double Chocolate Cookie Bites, and Birthday Cake Bites.

Simultaneous with the new program launch, these keto-friendly foods are now available in selective retailers with a totally new look and feel for the brand.

For more information about The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet program, visit www.southbeachdiet.com.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 23:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My aunt was so pro South Beach she gifted me a copy when she haerd I followed DANDR. Worth reading to check the program out. Dang a LOT of carbs. A lot.

I'll stick to DANDR thank you, or Dr Westman.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-20, 21:00

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
My aunt was so pro South Beach she gifted me a copy when she haerd I followed DANDR. Worth reading to check the program out. Dang a LOT of carbs. A lot.

I'll stick to DANDR thank you, or Dr Westman.

I am with you Ms Arielle. I have tried a number of WOEs and DANDR is still the best fit for me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-20, 09:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 236.0/236.0/180.0 Male 70
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgirl
I am with you Ms Arielle. I have tried a number of WOEs and DANDR is still the best fit for me.

DANDR? What's that?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-20, 17:33

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 207/172/140 Female 5'3”
BF:
Progress: 52%

Ms Arielle, do you have the new South Beach keto book, or the older book? If you have the Keto book, I’m wondering if low starch veggies are still free ( no counting or measuring). Thanks.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-20, 22:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl2020
Ms Arielle, do you have the new South Beach keto book, or the older book? If you have the Keto book, I’m wondering if low starch veggies are still free ( no counting or measuring). Thanks.

I have the old one. Carbs,carbs, carbs. Rice and such. One serving leads to another, lol.

Guess they figured out too few clients experienced weight loss. Keto is the craze and SB wants to cash in.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-20, 09:14

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Might as well hop on the Keto Train bandwagon. Welcome Southbeach, hope your stock goes up!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-20, 10:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

We almost didn't even 'officially' support SBD on this forum. Check out this ancient sticky thread. Gee, only took them 16 years to figure it out.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-20, 09:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution...see top pinned post of Atkins section for the actual plan.

A few years ago, the South Beach Gluten-Free Diet book was published. He must wait a few years, be sure a "new trend" sticks, then hop on board.

Kristine, thanks for that thread, very interesting how this version of LC was added.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Jun-22-20 at 09:24.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-20, 09:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
A few years ago, the South Beach Gluten-Free Diet book was published. He must wait a few years, be sure a "new trend" sticks, then hop on board.
He appears to be advocating IF now too:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484087
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: South beach
Stats: 248/237/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

for me i think i am going to do the original south beach diet book. a lot of people love keto and do fantastic with it but the original is how my nutritionist and doctor want me to eat.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 12:44

BF:

It doesn't work. Know the biochemistry of fat mobilization. Too many carbs inhibit the body from accessing the fat. Scientifically proven over and over.

Check out Dr Bikman PhD who studies insulin....and eats keto. You will find him on youtube.

I threw away the nutrition crap from the nutritionist over 18 years ago.... Poorly trained in nutrition. A rare few understand ketosis and insulin.

And doctors know far less. Rare to find a doctor who has more than very basic nutrition. At University as a livestock major and pre vet , I took farrrrr more nutrition classes than the premed students. Just sad that doctors often get no nutrition classes.

Lots of studies show how much easier it is to follow a more keto version. Less hunger and faster results.

Learn the science.... which is why SB is now keto. Weight loss requires ketosis.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-20, 16:13
Registered Member

Stats: 248/237/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thank you for sharing your experience, and knowledge. It is most appreciated!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 06:26

BF:

Lisa, you might find it useful to check out Judynyc's South Beach experience:

Judy's Success on the Beach
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 11:49
Registered Member