Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#181   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-22, 07:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, skipping the whole mess. I am right on board with ya there LOL

you sound busy tho waiting on everyone. I know that, waiting for plans to see what they do...ugh. but you should have a good fun dinner with DHs friend coming so at least ya got a nice day happening.

Jazz, wild reading your work stuff and how it goes down for employees in those facilities. Don't worry, make your bank roll!! and when ya get your chance for new change take it. You always get by ok and with medical seems jobs are out there for ya. You will snag what ya want later.

Nicco......wowza on that college issue!! Reading your posts it seems your family is ALL getting the good out of life and doing so well. I know you feel great with that happening, seeing the young'ins doing so well....happy for you guys!!

Hope the back is better more today for ya. I had to take 2 Advil last night. I 'twisted' off the bed somehow and my lower back went OW but I feel better today so. but my gut is kinda icky off the darn Advil. can't win for trying.

---------------So I am behind. Leave Dec 26 for trip. got to do RV and food and water and shop for stuff. bleck. cold weather items in for sure. brrr gonna be cold there!

haven't wrapped anything. gotta do that.
not much to wrap thank heavens

off to pharmacy for dog seizure meds
then stop store for rv supplies for trip
home to get college crap started for kiddo
hubby working

all seems good but I am in slow mode for some reason. kinda don't care if anything gets done HA oh well....whatever

be good all
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-22, 14:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi friends!

Trig- you are in a busy season of life, keeping an eye on the Kid while she finishes high school and making sure that she keeps up, while also preparing for her next steps with all that entails. When is her orientation, picking classes etc? Is she in AP classes to try to get college credits?

Jaz- I'm glad you will have a holiday time with your son, even if it is over the phone. I am glad you can earn some $$ while looking toward your NEXT. The world is your oyster!

I'm sure your weight is up a tad from stress. Getting up and running in a new job is tough!

Lori, you bring up a good point about rain and the roads being slick because of the sudden drop in temperatures. I need to mention that to my DS and DIL. I wouldn't have thought of it- thanks!

••••••••••••••

Costco- let me just say that spending 200 or even 300 dollars was a freaking pipe dream. lol The crab meat alone was over 100, the two tenderloins were around 145 combined. Then there was other stuff, of course, like two bags of XL shrimp etc. I just decided to relax and consider this my gift to ourselves and our loved ones. You know? We will gather around the tables and enjoy the food and each other's company. I will not regret it!

I've gotten TWO phone calls from DS24 today- two more law school notifications! He has gotten two more acceptances: NYU and Northwestern. At this point he is 8/8 and I think he is starting to get a little overwhelmed. He didn't expect some of the acceptances he has gotten. He is grateful, of course, but also I think he didn't expect this level of choice.

Jaz- he hasn't yet heard from Duke. He and Emily can go anywhere and I think she should be able to find a PA job pretty easily just about anywhere. It works well that she doesn't love her current job- it will be easier for her to leave it.

DD and SoIL are local so they will be around, coming and going.
DS24 and DIL will be coming in at midnight on the 22nd. Going to her house, then to our house sometime in the evening on the 23rd. They will stay with us until around 6pm Christmas Eve, then back to her house. They will come back over to us on Xmas around 9 AM or so and stay for the day, then back to her house around 6 or 7pm. I feel kind of bad for them- it is a LOT of running around. That is the schedule they set though. I don't expect them to keep it up like that. They deserve a holiday too.

DS-almost-21 will be coming in either the 22nd or 23rd and leaving probably around Jan 3rd or 4th.

Today has been fine- went to the dentist and all is well. Before that I made cheeseburger soup to have on hand. Afterward I stopped at Walmart for a few odds and ends. Done and done! Dinner will be leftover fish and some veg or a side salad.
  #183   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 04:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Ugh.....why can't this cat sleep past 4:30?? At least while I'm at my sister's next week, I'll be able to catch up on some sleep.

We had a nice get together with our friend last night. Too much food, which was evidenced by the scale this morning. Sigh...... DH loved the ham & cheese sliders. He never makes many comments about food, but he raved about them. Of course, the milk pie is awesome too! No wonder the scale was up! OY!

It's going to be rainy and warm today and overnight and then tomorrow temps will drop. From 50 tomorrow morning to 5 overnight....WHAT?

I need to fast until Noon at least today. It's going to be a struggle. When I get up so freakin' early, it's hard to not eat for SO long.

I'm supposed to meet "M" at Betty's around 10 unless it starts snowing or whatever. We're playing it by ear. Isn't winter wonderful? HA!

Ok....that's it from here. Hope you are all wrapping up preparation for the holiday. We'll get this done and then wait for Spring!

Hugs to you all!
  #184   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 05:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-

I just can't wait for the weekend. I am tired this week. I am glad I am skipping "the entire mess". It's raining like crazy here and expected to drop to the 20 with high winds making the temps like single digits. I don't do cold!!!!! NO THANKS

Nic- I am blown away as I am sure you are too with news regarding your son and his offers. That is crazy amazing to get 8/8- and with scholarships to boot!

Yeah, suck it up $$$$ and gift it to those coming for dinner! It is all part of it. At the end of the day they will love it! What are you making with the crab?
I made crab cakes last night with canned crab. I was shocked how good they were. I have never had canned crab. It was great to make something out of it.

You are humming along! Enjoy your next few days! I would love a pic of your tree!

Lori- Yeah, you would not find me sitting around waiting on someone to make up their mind if they are coming or not.
How did your dinner with the guest go.

I agree I want Spring to arrive as well! Time to get those clubs out! LOLOLOL

Trig- Yup, your trip is around the corner! It will warm up a bit by the time you leave. You going to put up a tree in your RV?
Time to sit around the fire ring! Do you bring your own wood?

What are you making for the weekend dinner wise? Did the ham get demolished?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Today and tomorrow are going to be crazy busy at work. The docs will come along and just discharge everyone. We will only be at half staffing on Friday and Monday.

Nothing new here- work and sleep and repeat. I am tired by the time I get home. It is also dark out when I get home. I don't like being out in the dark and COLD. So, there is that. I am glad that the shortest day of the year is now behind us! This getting dark at 4 pm is crazy! Yup- so ready for Spring!

So I have heard about the flooding here in Charleston. However, to see it is really something! I mean the water takes out entire streets. Charleston is at or below sea level, nowhere for the water to go!

Ok- gotta run. Just humming along. Down my 2 pounds. I am bouncing! LOLOLOL! You can reach me in the bounce house!

Back at ya later
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 06:02

BF:

Nicco I bet he is ovewhelmed....I am sure all those choices are gonna make it crazy hard to decide. I mean location and what each school can offer? my gosh in a way that is too much but a darn great too much!!!

My kid applied to 3. Duke, UNC and WCU and she got accepted WCU which is closest to home and what she wanted. She wants mountains, winter. Well she is getting it not me. they get 'real snow' there I have no idea if she got accepted into the others. She never said. She got WCU real fast and was like I AM IN and I am ready to go and never said....gotta ask her about the others, huh. One place she didn't apply, Appalachian was closest but 'too small' town area. took her there to tour the area and she is like, no way in this boonie town with this boonie college LOL At least WCU is an entire village on its own. crazy how big it is and what they offer. yea she did AP and other stuff I think for college credits, she got that covered in some way.

SO 300 was a pipe dream cost on your visit?
WOW I AM COMING to eat at your home for sure......sounds so darn great. Yea sometimes we gotta open the darn wallet and let the moths fly out

Lori....a great night with good eating cool. eh, holidays. enjoy it all and you do so well in maintenance so you are ok I am sure Nice to have your Sis to look forward to in a bit, nice trip....hope weather don't get ya in any way on that.

We are same. We got lows of 9, 14, and like 7 coming. highs in the low 30s and rain around.....what scares me is damn ICE.

Jaz, yea I am sure you are tired. Just breath and chill thru it all best ya can. New routine and in damn WINTER time ya know. Like ya said so dark so fast, can't enjoy outside cause freezin' to death and new job.....big hit on ya....make sure you got that glass of lite wine at night HAHA

I don't do fires at camp. I hate smoke smell literally from a wood fire. Go figure I am inside the rv, furnance on with heavy clothes and big down blanket. Yup. Hubby finally has finished the ham. yes he ended up eating it all. turkey he has eaten good bit, rest to hit trash soon.

Xmas tree in rv. Nope. Hey it is day after Xmas, you think I am bringing anything xmas with me? not on your life HAHA Will love seeing all the rv's decorated at the campground, mine won't be

--------------got alot to do.
didn't do anything I needed yesterday. rain all day. temps to plummet. I have to hit store for rv supplies and damn wrap paper I need and then hit darn post office too. Now I wish I did it all yesterday darn it...ugh...now I get to do it in the rain!

Days moving to fast and me moving too slow.

be good all
  #186   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 08:47

BF:

HEY KIDS! THANKS FOR COMING OUT TO PLAY WITH ME!

Lori- Glad the sliders were such a hit. Do you have a link to the recipe you could post or text me? I think that might be an easy thing to have around here for a meal.

Jaz- I've not tried canned crab although I wouldn't rule it out. We get jumbo lump from Phillips- they sell it at Costco. Pricey but worth it!

I'm glad you will get some down time over the weekend.. I think you need it- you are still adjusting to a very busy schedule!

Glad you bounced back down!

Trig- I didn't realize DD had applied to a couple of other schools as well! We have two Duke grads in our extended family- my bro and DH's bro. Curious what her outcome was. My niece didn't get in last year- it is not easy to get into! Either one!

Errands in the rain- not fun! I will be out in it with you today!

•••••••••••••••

Headed out in half an hour to do a MOW route. I am happy to do it though. It has been a hot minute!

DS-almost-21 will be coming in some time today. He said he was leaving at 10 last night but we'll see. He is notorious for keeping to his own random schedule and changing on a dime. He knows where we live!

Not much else to report. The peeps are trickling in. I'm just hanging this year- don't feel super jazzed or ramped up over the holidays, just taking each day as it comes. It will all get done!

Nothing of interest to say!
  #187   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 08:53

BF:

Weather update: It started snowing a bit before 9 and holy sh!t is it ever snowing! I went up to Betty's to meet "M", but Betty did not want us to "bother" with her. She said she'll be fine until Monday. She just wanted us both to go home and get off the slippery roads. Whatever....I won't argue with her.

Anyway, the roads are horrible and I'm glad to be back home. DH is out running around, but will be home soon. Then he'll have to shovel Betty's sidewalk.....although it's supposed to turn to rain and our weatherman said not to bother shoveling....the rain will take care of it! The bad thing is after all the rain it's going to get SO cold and everything will freeze and be like a skating rink. I can't wait until it's 90 degrees & humid!!

Ok.....over and out from snowy PA!

EDITED: Nic.....just google King's Hawaiian rolls ham & cheese sliders. I couldn't find the King's Hawaiian rolls so just used little dinner rolls. The recipe I used called for poppy seeds, but I didn't use them. I didn't stick to a recipe, just got ideas for the butter/mustard combo to brush over the top. I'm going to make them again tomorrow night with some vegetable soup on the side.
  #188   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-22, 19:55

BF:

Hey ladies-

Going on 9 pm and I am ready for bed. I had to stop at the store before I went home. I was thinking I was good for maybe one more day- and oh yeah..... they will be closed on Christmas. So I shopped for a week.

Ended up getting steak , orange roughy, shrimp, and more ground beef.

Tired - personals in am-

We are all getting hit with this wacky weather!
  #189   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-22, 05:05

BF:

TGIF TGIF! PAYDAY TGIF

Trig
- I hear ya on not wanting to go out when it is so miserable out! Goodness!
I am surprised you don't love a good campfire! Shocked actually! That is all part of the camping experience! LOLOLOL
Take your flannel and then some this trip. None of us are to be spared from the cold!
Good news it will warm back up pretty quick come Monday!

Was the store packed?

Lori- I hate ice. I think it is way more dangerous than snow. Black ice especially! I am so afraid of falling! Stay home and stay warm. Although I am sure you are not going to let Betty "just be" until Monday!

Do you and hubby put up a tree?
Yum and double yum on ham and cheese sliders.

Nic- I am happy you are not stressed out over everyone coming in. Although they are your kids. I think it's sweet you all will be together. Anyone else you invite?
Now you can sit back and just enjoy your family!!!! GOOD times for sure! I love it. Still would love a pic of your tree!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's a shorty post this morning! Need to warm up the car before I ride into work!

We are on "holiday staffing", meaning over half the staff is off
until Tue. = do what you can and move on.

I had to hit up the grocery last night too! I was just trying to get in grub for the weekend. I stocked up on beef, steak, bacon, eggs, fish, and shrimp! Plenty to pick from.
I am spending the weekend bundled up in PJ's and can't wait! I have not had "do nothing" days since I rolled in. Then before that I was moving, and before that was Thanksgiving and I had my son in. I truly need a few days of doing utterly nothing.

You know when I have chill time I take. Then when I have "need to move" I do!
Ebb and flow for sure!!!

Nothing to add. Looking forward to this weekend, good food, and movies. I have a Christmas PJ set I will be in! Love it!

Feeling good and grateful. I tell ya, being on the floor I am is really changing my perspective. I have never worked oncology before. It's depressing as crap. However, it makes me grateful for where I am, health, and what really matters. It is true to not sweat the small stuff. Sometimes we need that reminder. Well, I am getting that reminder every day.

Speaking of grateful- I am grateful to you all! Everyday (almost) you take a few minutes to share part of your day! It just would feel off to not check in with you all every morning. Truly friends!

Have a warm and wonderful day.
  #190   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-22, 05:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Bracing for the cold here. It's in the 40's this morning, but will be in the teens by this afternoon and single digits tonight. High tomorrow in the teens. Crazy! So blessed to have plenty to eat, a warm home etc etc.

I'll be making ham & string beans for Christmas dinner. It's something Betty can eat and she enjoys it. We'll be going to see her on Christmas. Actually, DH goes to see her a minimum of twice a day. He(or me) goes in and makes her toast and a glass of juice for breakfast and then we make her a lunch bag with a cooler pack with some ham salad, cheese etc. for lunch. A lot of time she doesn't eat it as she's busy eating cookies(shortbread), bananas, peanut butter and crackers etc. Then he goes up at dinner time and heats her something up. She picks at food but doesn't eat a lot of anything. She's just wasting away. I really don't know how she keeps going. We are so thankful that her mind is still holding strong. It's just her body that is failing her.

DH is going to go out this morning and see if he needs to do any clean up at the park and up at Betty's. I have already told him that he cannot plan to be outside once the temp drops and the wind starts. Too dangerous. We will pretty much hunker down for the next few days.

I'll have another day of trying to keep from eating everything that's not nailed down! I'm on the edge of not giving a damn, so have to be careful. I need to eat some "good" food high in protein so I stay out of the goodies that are on my kitchen table. Sigh.......I think I'll take time to fry some eggs this morning....maybe that will silence the beast!

Stay safe & warm everyone!
  #191   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-22, 11:18

BF:

Lori how much snow did you all get? Y'all are so good to Betty and really do take such good care of her.
Definitely make sure you get in some good protein and fat. That really helps with the feeling of wanting to eat stuff. I think I need to do that too. I haven't eaten much today and I am feeling it!

Jaz YAY for time off! Are you off on Monday too? Enjoy and REST! You need it!

Trig I know you will be leaving soon. Is it on the 26th that you are going?

••••••••

Really windy here as it is everywhere. We had a lot of rain, a couple of inches if not more, and the temps are just plummeting. But the sun is out, thankfully, and should dry the roads well first.

DS20 is here- went out last night and came in around 2 AM, so he is still asleep. I cherish my mornings!

DS24 and DIL will be over around 4:30 and they will be spending the night here and the day tomorrow before going back to DIL's house for xmas eve night.

We are going to the Japanese Steakhouse tonight for dinner- we will be 7 so we will have a whole table to ourselves for hibachi.

I'm making meatballs and sauce for tomorrow- we will watch Spirited and have lunch before DS24 and DIL go.

Xmas eve will be toned down- a drive to see the lights and then we'll see what the 'remaining kids' want to do - if they want to do stories etc or not.

Xmas morning will start around 9 when DS24 and DIL get here. We will do gifts and a big breakfast- that usually takes us a good 2+ hours bc we open one at at time, round robin.

The visiting six (BIL, SIL, Niece, Nephew, two grandparents) will come around 3:30 or so and we will be doing apps, crab cakes, tenderloin, salad, and desserts for 13. Then DS24 and DIL go over to her house and we wind things down.

Delivered MOW yesterday, and I am so glad I did, but I also had to deliver seven boxes of food to different apartments in addition to the food and my back is NOT happy today. DH had to help me get dressed etc bc it was so sore. It is loosening up a bit but I will be letting some stuff go this season. We'll make do and all will be well.
  #192   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-22, 20:04

BF:

Nic.....We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and then rain/sleet. Now we are in the deep freeze. It's about 1 degree, I think, and windy. Amazing how the whole country is frozen!

Hope your back doesn't interfere with your Christmas plans. Enjoy your family time!
  #193   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 04:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Brrrrr.......cold & windy, but we have electricity, heat & water, so life is good! I think it's only going to get up to 14 degrees today. HOHOHO!

I'm going to make my ham & string beans today and will reheat tomorrow. We're going to take an early dinner/late lunch to Betty tomorrow so we're home when our DD & family are coming late afternoon/evening. I don't want to have to rush in the morning, so will just cook it up today. Easy.

Wishing you all Merry Christmas and happiness in whatever you do this weekend.
  #194   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 06:34

BF:

Nicco sorry the back is still limiting you! Use Xmas now as down time for recovery if ya can. Super smart to let some stuff go if needed. Nothing wrong with doing just that!

Lori....brrr...lucky on the water and power.

we just lost water. bleck

Jazz, hang in there. Use those days you aren't working to relax a bit and gain back some good ol' sleep or rest ya need. Winter is gonna be a long one.

----------SO WE lost later. Hubby was up at 2 and we had water. Then up at 5am and we had water and 'got up' at that time and then within 1/2 hr of him having water, all of the sudden we did not. ugh.

so I got up later than normal to no water. Hubby went to barn to get the 'warming lights' we have down there we used on baby goats etc. and got 2 of them and is heating up the inside of the well house right now.

Crap....hubby just got in from putting in the warm lights to the well house and he thinks a bust is busted from the ground to the tank from what he can see. Hubby called our guy Rick but no answer yet. He will call and see if we can get him out here ASAP.

just shoot me please. over and out.
  #195   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-22, 07:17

BF:

CHRISTMAS EVE!
All is Merry and Bright! Sipping my morning coffee and feeling really good. Nothing is on my agenda today except to run a load of laundry through. That I do not mind. In a way I am glad to not have the Christmas big bash this year. Just me. Usually my son comes over or I try to see the grandkids and of course I always see my mom.

The kids (DD and grands) are in Australia, I kid you not snorkeling the coral reef today. For them it is full blown Summer there. Isn't that funny? We on this side of the world associate Christmas as "cold weather" holiday, and they a hot weather holiday. That would be so weird! Like celebrating 4th in Jan. HAHAHAHAH.

Lori- I am glad you are hunkered down! Does your Kitty go out when it is this cold? I think my fingers were turning blue walking the pup this morning! URGHHHHHH

I'm glad the DD and kids are coming after all. Are they staying for dinner? Are you making ham for them? Much fun!!!!!! How old are the grands now?

I know Betty is grateful for your care! IT's the beef and noodles you make that she adores!

Nic- I LOVED LOVED LOVED your pics. IT was like taking a peek into your festive living room! So whimsical. The stuffed animal, is that a sloth????? The Christmas Sloth????? I LOVED that! LOLOLOL
Enjoy your day and tomorrow! Your meal sounds amazing.

I hope your back snaps back and doesn't cause you to much grief! You have been mentioning it for a minute. Did you pull something? You know at our age getting out of bed wrong can do it! HAHAHAHA

Trig- Pack those EXTRA flannels girlie! Dang cold in all parts! The country got slammed on this front! Glad your not traveling far though!
You making food tomorrow? What's on your menu?!?!?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr yup brutal cold, no ice, no snow!!! I will suck it up and just stay in! Fine by me!

This weekend, movies, good food. I bought a ribeye and will pull out a back of crab legs today. I also might do some crab cakes as well - they make great leftovers. I also will make some bacon topped deviled eggs and that will be that. Tomorrow I too am going to make up a big batch of meatballs and then freeze half and then have food for the upcoming week.

I will connect with my son this weekend via face time and we are also going to play some cards together online. I love to play Euchre and taught my kids early! They play now too! It is a Midwest card game!

Ok- time for more coffee

Have a warm and wonderful day!!!!!!

EDITED: - OMG TRIG- we cross posted!!! I sure hope you can get that water situation fixed ASAP! Keep us posted! I am thinking about ya! You got a busted pipe from your well? What happens then? I am clueless to stuff like this.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Dec-24-22 at 07:23.
Closed Thread