Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-22, 05:28

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Stayed up after the "cat call" this morning at 5. It's gonna be a long day.

----------

Jaz.....Hope you enjoyed your relaxing evening after a good day of being out and about. What's on tap for today?

Trig....Biggest congrats to DD on her college acceptance! Exciting! How far is the Uni from where you live? It'll be a big adjustment for all of you when she leaves.

Nic....How is the back today? Did you just wake up with the pain? Weird. Hope it eases soon.

---------

Another boring day around here. No desire to go out and do anything. I have to work on my grocery list for stuff I need for Wednesday when our friend comes for dinner. I'm just making shrimp cocktails, chips and dip, bologna & cheese and Hawaiian bun ham & cheese sliders. I've never made them before, but they look yummy. I also decided to make ham & string beans for Christmas dinner as that is something that Betty can eat and she enjoys it. We'll just be hanging out at home and then going to have dinner with her. Not sure when our DD and family will stop by. We'll work it out.

Monday(26th) I'm planning to drive to my sister's for a few days. Hope the weather cooperates. When "M" and I get finished with Betty's care on Monday, I'll head out. I'll stay until Thursday. We don't have much planned other than going out to eat every day. We never miss a dinner out!

Well, I need more coffee. Have a good Sunday!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-22, 05:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco! You woke up with it? wowza. did ya twist weird getting out of bed? that is strange and I feel for ya! Let us know if you are improved today or if you are gonna be in slow mode figuring out how to get thru the day doing weird manuevers One of the worst issues we deal with for sure. Never quite sure 'what we did' and 'did to what actual' part of our body...ugh. Hope the healing comes fast.

Kid wants private room with bath. Hope she can get one tho. Have to fill out the residency hall form and see if it is available to her. She ain't one to do a roommate but if she has to she will. Still gotta make sure she passes damn french class...haha...right now she passed this semester with a 65 by the skin of her teeth, told her the next one has to be passed or she is gonna screw it all up.

I also told her I am going to college with her she said NO! oh well.

Lori....sounds like your winter days are cruising along good. Your menu with the friend on Wed sounds good. You got food covered well. I can't believe xmas is coming so fast at us. Nice to head to your Sis's place for a visit. I know for those few days you guys will have alot of fun!!

Jaz, sounds like a nice full day of exploring your area around you. weather holding kinda decent for ya? I know colder but I know you got better than me here LOL I checked Charleston weather and your 24th and 25th are pretty darn cold! I will be freezin' my buns off right along with ya!

-----------nothing doing. working on college stuff with kid later today.
dog is 'doing very fine' and I am still so confused on it all. I surely don't see him as 'dying' on the vine here? After trip to beach when we get back it is a battery of tests and money thrown at the issue to see what is going down. ugh

hubby got some crud again. it flared back. he is working 12 hr days. I told him he doesn't need to work that hard or long....but he does. 'they need him' ya know. whatever. he got over this crud and then worked long days out in the cold too with the vehicles and all and in the end, back sicky icky he is. told him this week to take life easy and be friggin' healthy for our beach trip.

never did put any decorations outside. not even a wreath on the door. I got this very nice big jingle bell red/green/silver colored metal wreath I love to put on the door but heck, seems like too much work to bother I had countless wreaths that always melt on the door!! I had to go metal to keep that from happening cause usually that sun hits my front and anything on that door would melt like ice cream HA Other than tree I put out almost nothing in the house. Kiddo has small rainbow xmas tree in her bedroom lit up and she is happy with that.

still need to pick a day to get to 'the light' show place. no one here is clammering to go but I kinda wanna go but we shall see if we wanna really bother to get there LOL yes it is that low and xmas slow around here. but that isn't a bad thing. None of us are into it hardly anymore right now so...

chicken and burger today. simple.

enjoy the day guys!!
  #168   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-22, 08:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- Your Cat Call- had me rolling! You come up with teh funniest play on words!
Your Christmas Eve and Day sounds lovely and low key! Sometimes those are the best!

I am also thrilled you are going to see your sis for a few days! I want to hear all about that. Do you stay with her when you go? I think I remember you said she lives in a senior center, or senior apts?
Anyway- you will have a grand time I am sure! I know you are looking for a get away!

Trig- HAHAHAH- on needing a "muscle" (kid next door). He was cool. There were no hard feelings. The apt. is a 2-bedroom townhouse on the end of a 4 unit building. It does have a fenced patio for privacy and is actually very roomy and feels like "home" for right now. I am in a neighborhood as well which is better than an apt complex. I really am enjoying it. It's very comfortable to come to and hang in. Rooms are big and workable. Nicely functional, washer dryer, BIG TV's with so many cable options. I am not used to having cable. They have the TV cable thing LOADED. Full Cable, Netflix, HBO, Peacock, ESPN- you name it. They also have You Tube TV which gets full Cable and the local channels as well. I am loving the TV options.

I am so happy for your kiddo! I know she is going to thrive at collage life. You tell her "Auntie" Jaz will come up there and sit at her bedside to get that French done!!!!!!!! No phone till it's done. Tell her to suck it up buttercup! I know she can do it if she really wants to, she is a bright gal! But dear god why did she pick FRENCH of all the choices?!?!?!?!? Oh well- now she needs to complete it.

Sorry to hear your hubby sicky again! Lots of crap flying around right now! Have you tried that Cold C Stuff they sell???? Mussinex? yeah he needs to be healthy or you will leave for MB yourself!
Oh BTW- see below......... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nic- waiting to see how you are doing this morning?!?!?!?! Does your hubby ever give you massages? Sometimes those really help if it is a tight muscle!
Glad you got "all your stuff" done before you got nailed with your back! Urghhhhhhhhhhh
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok- first.......... I....GOT......3.....Pounds....OF.... CRAB... LEGS..... for 7.99!!!!!!!!!!Oh yeah- and thinking of going back for MORE! They look AMAZING too! They were half price and thick and meatily looking. I just talked myself into a crab fest. I am going to pick up another 3 pounds to toss in freezer. People were getting them in 10-pound quantities. There was a line. I was 2nd in line when they brought out a fresh box. YES, please and I picked the ones I wanted.

I also snagged a 2 pounds of Carolina fresh right off the boat shrimp large for 6.99 a pound. OMG I am thinking I need a few more pounds of that. The only thing with right off the boat they need deveined. Totally worth it for USA Carolina Shrimp- non-farmed.

TODAY! - going to St. James State Park. It is 8 minutes from me right here on the island. They ALSO have a Festival of lights and a "Golden Brass Band" playing tonight.
I might have to go to the park early to explore and do some hiking trails- then come back about 6 when it is dark.

2nd- I am going to the beach after the park. I need beach time. Going to Folly. Next weekend I will explore Kiawah.

Beach and hiking today! Taking the pupper with me. He loves both of those activities. He is so adjusting to his environment he is comfortable to have me gone during the day. I am thrilled. But on the weekend- we hang together.

At my low and feeling a bit better with the gut issue. Not sure what that was about. But I am super clean eating and the bloating is gone and I just feel better. It might have been stress related too.

So an observation. I noticed that because of all the walking, TONS and TONS of walking at work. From the parking situation to walking to our units to just being on my feet all day and moving around- the people that are working at the hospital are slim. I am NOT by any means fat shaming. I am mearing taking notice of people who work and live in this outdoor environment are not big people. They are fit.
As a matter of fact I am the second BIGGEST person in out dept. and I have lost 53 pounds. I am not yet a "normal weighted person". The only person bigger than me just had a baby- go figure. It was just something I noticed. I am the fatty patty in the room.

It is motivating to me to be in an environment where people are fit, slim, and walk everywhere. I also noticed that for the most part the "tourist" are the heavier people. I was thinking this yesterday as I was hanging out downtown and at Battery Park. I was people watching. I could tell the locals from the visitors. People who live here WALK EVERYWHERE. I would think that carrying around 50-100+ pounds would make it difficult to live here. Then add in the unbearable heat in the summer.....PLEASE.

I was actually thinking about people in NYC and other walking cities must be very similar. Whereas being in Atlanta we DRIVE everywhere and sit.
Time to get off 20 more+ pounds! LOLOLOLOL I'm not kidding. Time for the needle to start moving down again.

Ok- time for Beach or park?!?!?!?!? Both are happening. Then back here for all I can eat shrimp. I am also going to make crab cakes too! Holy moly good.

More pics coming your way! LOLOLOL
  #169   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-22, 04:20

BF:

Up early and sleep was choppy last night and I am tired before my day begins. The neighbors decided to have a fight at 1am and stomping and running up and down the steps screaming at each other last a minute. Thankfully it didn't escalate to the point I needed to call. But it took me a good minute to get back to sleep. Then I had to pee at 3, then looked at the clock at 4 and got up at 445. URGHHHHHHHHHH

Yesterday was fun. I hit up that state park! OMG Trig- I SO thought of you. I am going to upload a pic to email. So there is an RV park within the park. Maybe you have been to it. Anyway- these people have "DECKED OUT" their glampors! Lights, and decorating. One that I took a pic of even had a full Christmas tree in it. People waved as I drove though. Many were sitting outside by the fire ring.
I thought to my self- WOW I want this set up. Some of them were elaborate. I bet though it takes a good minute to get their out door kitchens, decorations, and tables up and functional. They are minutes from the beach!

I did hit up the crab legs for more. I picked up 6 more pounds for a nice 10 pounds in the freezer for me. I also pick up another pound of shrimp.

I made food for the up coming week.
Shredded chicken
steamed shrimp
taco meat
boiled eggs and bacon. That should give me options through Thurs. Easy. I don't like having to cook after working. I am wiped out.

Nothing to add. Pull out my written schedule and insert! Here I go again. 12 weeks to go- It will go fast.

For some reason I am up 2 pounds? Bounce house I guess. I have chicken and eggs yesterday.

So what are ya'll doing this week?

Back at ya after this day is over. I can't wait. I want to go back to bed. YAWNNNNNNNNNNN
  #170   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-22, 04:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz yea I been to St James Island Park. We did the drive thru for Xmas lights. Very nice. I know of the campground, never stayed in it tho because it is not directly on the beach. Yes I only stay in beach campgrounds where I can walk directly to the ocean from my campsite. One reason I haven't done Jekyll Island campground either even though I drove thru it when I visited Jekyll long ago. St James is beautiful for sure!! Got married Dec 22, 2000 and stayed in Charleston hotel very near St James and that was 1 time we drove the light display. Then kiddo and us did the Xmas light drive like when she was around 10? we hit Charleston for a hotel for a few nights to get out of dodge at Xmas just for change of scenery. the light display is a great one. Brookgreen Gardens in Myrtle does a fab display too. been to that one a few times. I gotta say many places can put on quite a show

neighbors fighting at 1 am. omg. the stupid of some huh HAHA

Hey Nicco, how is the back doing today for ya?

Lori, what is on your agenda today?

--------------hubby going to urgent care this morn. Needs some drugs. His head is super clogged and alot of snotty coughing etc so I said get to Dr now and get whatever drugs they will give ya. I don't want this going on the beach trip with us.

for me some chores, might hit little store down the road for a few things.
nothing major today. this and that.

definitely need to pack alot of heavy clothes for trip. seems the beach is gonna be freezin' my azz off weather while no rain etc that should really nail the trip, it shows very cold. bleck but I gotta have change of scenery. If I had a little longer than this trip of days I would go further south into lower GA or FL but don't wanna drive that long ya know. So take what I can get and dress up heavy

be good all
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-22, 05:35

BF:

Good Morning!

I got Gabby up this morning! I woke up at 4 and laid there a bit and said the heck with it and just got up....can't blame the cat for this early morning!

I'm meeting "M" at Betty's and then maybe go to the grocery store. I'll have to go again later in the week, but I may go for a few things today. Nothing exciting going on here.

---------

Jaz.......Oh man.....rough night. You'll collapse tonight. Hope your day at work goes smoothly. Crab legs, huh? I love crab, but have never eaten a crab leg. I always let someone else do the work. I have no idea how to even get at the meat.

Trig....Hope DH can get some good meds to fix him up quickly. Plus, I hope you or DD don't catch it!

Nic....How is the back? Back pain is miserable for sure.

-----------

Have a good Monday all.
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-22, 09:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello My Dearies!

Lori I am excited you are going to get to go see your sister! Hooray! You all are just staying at her place and not going anywhere this time?

Trig- yeah I just woke up and my back was a mess. It has happened from time to time, who knows how or why. Sometimes I can feel that it is sort of coming, you know, like my lower back will feel unstable, sort of like tectonic plates shifting just slightly. It just has to run its course. Good times!

I'm glad Bolt is doing well for now. Gives you all a little extra time.

Ugh on the Chop being sick again. I am hearing about SO MANY PEOPLE being sick lately. Our immune systems went too long without a challenge I guess.

Jaz- the more you write about apartment living, the more I am like NO THANK YOU. There have been times when the thought of it is appealing but then it vaporizes. lol

I'm glad you have been able to get out and enjoy your area a little bit. I tell ya, your schedule is rough, especially when you have been used to having more down time. At least you have a pretty environment to be in!

YAY for crab legs. I don't even need more but I WANT THEM so I may be a total OINKER and go back for more.

••••

My back is doing better today. The first day was awful, the second day was better and today is better yet. I took two Advil this morning and I think that'll take care of it for the whole day. I'm expecting everything to be back to normal in another day or two. I do think I'm able to go and do errands and some other stuff now which is good. I just realized that DS 20 will be home in two days and there is no snack food or anything like that around the house.

We had a leak from our master bathroom tub yesterday and it came through the ceiling so that was fun! We ended up having to get an emergency plumber out at $300 an hour. He cut two holes in the drywall and couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from. We had him replace the faucet and hopefully that will do the trick. Now we have two drywall holes in the front hallway to match the kitchen, drywall holes that we haven't yet taken care of from replacing the fluorescent light! Please come to our ghetto house to have Christmas!

I'm feeling sorry for my DH as of late. He has billed a ton of hours this year and earned the firm a tremendous amount of money, but apparently he has enough going on right now that even though he was going to take off the work week after Christmas, he is only going to be able to take a couple of days off. He is understandably, irritated and upset by that and I do feel for him. It is at times like this, that I definitely do feel guilty that he is working, and I am not, even though the nature of my work had a natural end to it. If I were to choose to go back to work, quite frankly, it would literally be a drop in the bucket.

Not much else to report. Food is going well and everything else is going relatively smoothly. Today's meals will be a taco salad for lunch and mahi-mahi with Kabocha squash for dinner. DH is in DC today so I think he'll just grab something for dinner on his way home.

Hey Jaz, I did actually make a steak in the air fryer for dinner last night and it worked out really well. So far, I've been really enjoying it!
  #173   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-22, 18:11

BF:

Hey ladies back in for my second check in and last of evening. I will most likely be next poster for AM- yea go figure.

Trig- I know that these places are so cute the RV spots. These people looked like they were SET UP TO STAY!!!!! I am going to get a pic out.

Yup- going to be a cold one! Trust me even FL is going to get this cold! I too would rather take a cold beach, than four walls in the same space.

So glad you hubby went to urgent care. You don't want that garbage going to pneumonia and all. ABX for sure!

Lori- you haven't lived until you take a "cracker" and work a crab leg! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Something amazing about pulling a 3-4 inch long intact piece of crab out to dip in butter.

Was your grocery packed?
Did you hit up Aldies?
Betty holding her own?

Nic- Yeah, girlie you got 2 houses. Nothing appealing about apt living at all! Well one thing- no maintenance. That is big for a single gal that likes to travel. But we are in DIFFERENT places! I would trade you an apt for your DE digs any day of the week! Sounds amazing and how blessed you are!

I hate your poor hubby can't get time off. Maybe later in the Spring you can take an extended vacay! But you know there is something to be said for that work ethic for sure!

When are the kids coming in?!?!?!?!?!?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a mess at work. Just one drama piece after another. Started with a MAJOR busted pipe on the 7th floor that flooded the 7th floor and all the patients' rooms. It was a good 4-5 inches of standing water. They could get the water off either. I was there when it happened and was trapped in a patient's room and saw the water rising. The patient was told to stay in bed. They had alarms going off, maintenance and all kinds of emergency personal there. Then they had to evacuate the entire 7th floor- then water started pouring into the 6th floors.
Then I DROPPED my phone into the water while trying to leave and hand to DIP MY HAND INTO GROSS WATER, praying my phone would not die. It was terrible.
That was the start of my day, and it did not get better. I am done- and home and SHOWERED.

I sent out one resume this morning...... not holding my breath.

I will say one last thing about work. I REALLY like my manager. He really does have the back of his staff. He is a good guy. Quirky, but a really decent dude.

Had chicken cobb salad for lunch(small) ate half. I got busy and then pitched it as it sat there for hours. Had shrimp cocktail for dinner and it was melt like butter good.

Decompressing........... tomorrow is another day. Ruger had another good day. HE is adjusting and saving me a wad. GOOD BOY!

Later gator- I need to chill.
  #174   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-22, 04:27

BF:

YUp- here I am again! first and last poster of the day. It should be illegal to get up this early!

I have nothing new from last nights post. I am tired. I think that is going to be my story going forward. I have not stopped since I got here. No real chilling time. But this is the reason I am here, explore. I am thinking about my NEXT really hard. I like it here I do, BUT if one is honest I am doing the travel gig to stack some $$$. This gig is more of a working vacay! HAHAHAH
It is really $$$$ to live here. The rents, food, gas, all double from other places. It rivals Buckhead Atlanta. $$$ -

I would love to take another gig after this one and pay off my car. It is almost paid for. Fun fact I bought that Honda in 2018 right before we all met in Charleston! It was a "New" car to me. It really was such a deal. It had less than 10K miles on it and still had the plastic in the back seat and turned in less than a year old. I like the space of it. Not too big or small. Plus, the gas mileage is great. I really tore her up and put her back together too! (Front end hit- remember!?)
The insurance wanted to total it out and I said no. It took 12K to rebuild the front, it was worth more than 12K. So yeah- keeping it until it dies. I just turned 53K on it. I have maybe another 200,00 to put on it. Just getting broken in! HAHA.

Working on my first cup. Going to check the news and head out. It is down right COLD HERE! Going to be a 40 degree rain today!

Lator gators
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-22, 07:49

BF:

Good Morning!

DH got up with Gabby this morning, so I stayed in till almost 8. I was awake, but just couldn't crawl out from under the blankets. It's so cold! Speaking of...just called and ordered heating oil to be delivered...there goes another $1000. It's only money. Sigh......

I'm making beef & noodles for Betty this morning and then we have a Dr. appt with her at her house at Noon. We are so lucky that her Dr. makes house calls as there's no way we can get her to an appt. anymore. Her Dr. started the home health services that have been vital to keeping her in her home.

Our grocery store wasn't too busy yesterday. Today I need to run to Aldi for some bits and pieces. I have a few things to get for tomorrow evening when our friend comes for dinner/snacks and Christmas cheer. DH wants me to make another milk pie, so that is on my agenda for tomorrow.

---------

Jaz.......I hope the water leak mess is all cleaned up at work. Did your phone survive? Ugh.

Trig....Did DH get some good meds from Urgent Care? Hope he starts feeling better soon and that you and DD don't get it.

Nic....Glad the back is better, but BOO on the water leak mess and DH being swamped at work.

----------

That's it from here. Have good days!
  #176   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-22, 08:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Peeps!

Cold here today as well, currently 28º. I think this will feel warm as the week progresses though. Yikes!

Jaz- I really do feel for you. I can imagine that you are just exhausted. I think a job would kick my ass entirely. I mean, I guess I could work up to the activity level but it would take a while for sure!

Super super glad that Ruger is doing so well. I was really concerned about him possibly eating the kitchen cabinets so I'm really happy that hasn't transpired!

I assume your phone is still working? Crazy about the water!

Lori- Is a milk pie like a custard sort of pie?

Really awesome about a doctor doing house calls like that. So helpful!

Hey Trig- are you a Trigsicle?

•••••••••••

Y'ALL!!! I have great news about DS24- yes, MORE good news!
Vanderbilt has offered him an 80% tuition scholarship for law school! Can you even believe that? He says he might even be able to negotiate later in the year for more. Still plenty of schools he hasn't heard from yet but y'all that is amazing for them! My DIL has a good bit of debt from PA school that they have to pay off so his goal is to go to a great law school while not piling on more debt. AND since he went to an in state undergrad AND graduated early, the money left in his college 529 should cover his tuition if he chooses that route. Unreal!! So amazing to see his hard work continuing to pay off in such opportunities!

DS20 called me yesterday as well (he will be DS21 in 8 days!)- he is almost finished with his exams for the semester. He thinks he will be coming out with 3 As and a B, which is very good.

I went with DD to a basketball game at her high school yesterday evening. It was fun- she is enjoying her new job and is happy.. of course that makes me happy for her!

Food plans- I am going to Costco so I am going to pick up some ribs for tonight. I'll also grab some rotisserie chicken, maybe some chicken thighs for the air fryer too. I will be dropping the ANNUAL BIG BUCKS for xmas dinner- Tenderloin (probably 2 this year, OMG), shrimp, 3 cans of jumbo lump crab meat plus other odds and ends. I'm guessing it will be around 400$, but then again it will be food for 13. Thirty bucks a person for shrimp, crab cakes and beef tenderloin probably isn't too bad, all things considered. Our gift to them!

But anyway, I am planning on a burger salad for lunch, and ribs for dinner, probably with either asparagus or green beans.
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-22, 17:22

BF:

Hey there!

Nic
- Yum and OMG YUM! I would surely sit in on that dinner! YES please! I do get the sticker shock- OMG I sure do!

I am so PLEASE to hear about DS and yet another offer rolling in for him! WOW! Is he leaning any certain way? HE was offered Duke too yes? WOW those are some pretty big names there!
Are they both ready to move? She has a position she can take anywhere.

When does everyone start coming?

Lori- I am happy Betty has a visiting doctor. Did he have anything to share? She doing OK? It almost seems as if she has bounced back a bit?!?!

Your munchies also sound pretty awesome! You making your "sugar pie"?
Do you use "canned meat" for your beef and noodles?

Oh the gal I work with is from middle PA in a small town she said! I bet you are neighbors. I am wondering if you might know her. Drop me an email on which town you are in! Wouldn't that be something! Too cool. Small world

TRIG- not hearing from you is worrisome. Drop us a dot. Hubby and you and pup ok?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

All is rolling along with work and all. I pick up yet another unit next week. That will double my work load. My mentor handled it. So I am going to give it my best.

It is raining cats and dogs here!

Going to chill and repeat......... hahahahah
  #178   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-22, 19:12

BF:

Jaz.....Yes, Betty is holding her own. She is totally bed ridden, but making the best of things. Her Dr. thought everything seemed good. No fluid on the lungs or lower legs etc. Her BP was 122/78, her blood ox was 93.....which is normal for her lately. Anyway, he told her to eat anything she enjoys and call if we need him. No changes to meds or anything.

When I make the beef and noodles, I use fresh stew meat that I buy at the market. I cook it to death in broth and then whiz it up in my mini food processor. I stir the meat back into the noodles when they are cooked. I use canned beef broth.

Yes, I'm making my milk pie tomorrow! I bought frozen pie crust and will just throw the milk & sugar mixture in and bake. Easy.

Just about bed time for this old gal. "See" you in the morning!
  #179   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-22, 04:53

BF:

Morning!

Lori- I was wondering about the beef- fresh is always best!
I am glad to hear the doctor didn't "find" anything.

When is your guest coming? Are you seeing the grandkids soon?
-----------------------------------------------------
I am sipping my pumpkin spice coffee this morning. Love my coffee.

I am not "feeling it" to go out and ride a shuttle this morning. I am not looking forward to the cold snap coming over the weekend. It will be in indoor weekend! It is going to get REALLY cold this weekend with a northeast wind! Brutal.

I actually offered to work over Christmas and the Eve, but was told I am too new, and the slots had been taken anyway! Wow- I guess the truth is they don't want to pay my double time. LOLOLOL
So, I spoke to my son last night about Christmas. We are going to do a virtual holiday together. HAHAHA. We decided to hang out and play "radio" together, and then watch the same movie. He is into Ham Radio and bought me a set up so I could hear people on the Ham bands. I am cool with that. I am not into the drama of Holidays anyway. Thanksgiving was over the top. My family is pretty dysfunctional. There is a reason I travel sometimes!

I am telling you I have been watching closely how this facility treats their employee. It is not great. The staff is nice enough, but the pay is low, and it is a revolving door. The case loads are too high and they do not have enough staff. Although isn't that the case anywhere? But the pay is really low in comparison to other facilities. Even as a traveler- it is the lowest in comparison.
So, yeah putting in my time- paying off bills and going NEXT!!!! It will be interesting to see where my journey takes me. I am pretty open to where I go next. It will be all about the $$ next gig. Need to get my safety net back!

I am up those two pounds........ WTH! Speaking of food. I am having some of those crab legs this weekend. I am having shrimp too!.
I am wondering why I have stopped losing- I have hit a hard stall, and in a bounce house for two pounds each direction. Hummmmmmmmm

Oh well gotta run- clock keeps ticking!

TRIG/NIC- Updates
  #180   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-22, 06:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Up way too early and am hungry today for some reason. I decided to go ahead and listen to my body and eat an early breakfast. Today will be a crazy eating schedule anyway since our friend is coming and we won't eat until between 6 & 7. I am usually finished eating for the day between 5 & 6.....sometimes earlier. Oh well......gotta roll with it.

I'll make my milk pie in a couple hours and then just putter around the house doing this and that. I'm going to cook the shrimp for shrimp cocktail so I can put them in the fridge to chill for tonight. I'll do a bit of cleaning and then put the Christmas tablecloth on my kitchen table to look a little festive.

Not much else going on. It's supposed to be warm(50's) tomorrow and Friday with mega rain and then the temps plummet and we get to single digits. I think the high on Saturday is like 16 degrees with horrible wind. Oh what fun! Everything that is wet from all the rain will be a sheet of ice. I'll be staying in....I'm like Bambi on ice!

I'm planning to leave for my sister's on Monday afternoon. We'll just hang out at her apartment and go out for dinner mid-afternoon. Like me, she likes to be home and safely locked in before dark. I'll be heading home on Thursday.

I'm not sure when our DD & the kids are coming. It may be Xmas afternoon? If they don't come until next week, I won't get to see them. I have all their gifts ready. Xmas day is our youngest grandson's birthday(14) too. They usually have a little birthday party at the other Grandma's house, but not sure what their plans are for this year. When DH talked to DD the other night, she said she hadn't thought that far ahead. That's the way she rolls....nothing gets planned in advance. Kind of drives me nuts, but I have learned to just do what I want to do and not sit here and wait just in case she shows up. It's all good. I'm not a big holiday person.....I wouldn't mind skipping the whole mess. I just want it to be golf season again!!

Ok.....that's my Bah-humbug post for the year! Have a good one!
Closed Thread