Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-21, 15:20

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default All Together, Now

I work in an office of only five people. We have our office manager; the only man, and then the other insurance agent besides him, and three of us support staffers. He is 60, and the women are respectively 34, 45, 55, and 60 (me). The manager and I eat LC and the other women are trying to restrict calories. I've made no secret that I am fasting.
So, yesterday, the female agent, who is 45, suggested we do a BMI contest among ourselves, lasting until April 1. That's roughly 40 days. Whoever reduces their BMI the most wins. We'll each contribute 25 dollars, and the winner will keep the pot. The 55 year old woman is not playing the game, so that makes a pot of $100.00.
My question is, won't it be easier for Joe to lose BMI, since men shed fat more easily? Brandy, who suggested this, thinks that focusing on BMI will be more fair since we're all different ages. He was the last one to join and I don't know if she knew he would be in it. She may have thought it would be just us girls, but I know she isn't thinking that he'll have any advantage, now that he's in it, too. BTW, he is 6'3 and is already the most fit, size-wise. He took off most of his extra weight a few years ago.
I think I could win since a) The other women are counting calories and the 34 year old is easily thrown off. She has three kids and a disabled mother in poor health to cook for. They all eat horribly and she is tempted by the comfort food in their meals. She just tries to eat less but she often goes off the wagon for a meal or two. b) Brandy loves her wine and even though she has given it up for Lent, she has switched to Jamison's. I'm not Catholic, but I didn't think that was how Lent is done. hah c) Joe is the starting leader but he likes his bourbon and he isn't terribly motivated since he really doesn't appear much overweight. He weighs about 206. Still, I see him as my main competition. He could lose only five pounds or so, and I could lose eight or nine, and still lose the contest, if I understand how BMI works. Still, I do think my fasting will help me even things out, and I have started getting some good fine-tuning ideas on how to optimize the IF. I'm planning on solidifying my rough schedule of 16/8.
Still, it will be fun and we all get along pretty well so I think it will be positive, over all. I have been pretty steady, with only one backslide, which is now behind me. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Last edited by CallmeAnn : Sat, Feb-20-21 at 15:26.
Sponsored Links