Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

T.Jane! Great story and what remarkable success!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 18:37

Plan: LC
Stats: 350/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:350+ highest wt
Progress: 175%

Thanks ladies!
  #168   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 21:13

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.jane
I have lost a total of about 195 lbs so far. I began somewhere around 350+ and lost the first 30 by cutting out snacks at night and Coke. I started gaining back some of that weight and decided I really needed to get serious and start really taking care of myself and my body once and for all. On 10-2-06 I began low carb and lost 100 in 6 months. I didn't do anything extreme--no meat and eggs or fat fasts--just good ole low carb and portion control. I ate at least 2000 calories per day and upped my carbs whenever my weight loss seemed to be slowing down. The next 6 months I lost 50 lbs. I ran into some medical problems that both physically and emotionally slowed down the loss, but none the less I stuck to it. During the next 6 months I lost 15 lbs. Some of that was the weight loss naturally slowing down, some of it was me reacting to some kind of internal battle about actually becoming a normal size--which led to some not so healthy eating. In the last month or two I have been perfectly on plan and am slowly back to losing again. I continue to eat about 2000 calories a day so it's going to take awhile to get the lbs off--but one thing I told myself I would not do is anything extreme or anything that would compromise my ability to maintain (like messing up my metabolism which I have certainly done in the past). I did not do any formal exercise during most of my weight loss. I became much more active--taking little walks when I get a break at work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and just basically getting out there and living a fairly active life. I have gone through spurts of more serious walking and/or jogging with bits of other cardio or resistance exercises thrown in--however I have never really stuck with them. This month I have made it a goal to exercise 30 minutes 5x per week and so far I have met that goal. I try not to tie exercise and healthy eating together, as I think they are actually very different things that serve different purposes and people who tie them together typically stop one as soon as they stop the other. With exercise I have tried to make sure whatever I do it is something I can do for life. My whole focus this time losing weight has been different--I have really had my mind focused on how to stay at a healthy normal weight rather than how to get there. Surprisingly it has resulted in an overall faster weight loss--which was just a bonus. I really think that taking care of your body and figuring out how to nourish it for life is the most important thing--the weight loss will naturally come if you do that. I am still learning how to do this--but I've never claimed to be more than a work in progress!

Wow....I am so very happy for you. You really have done a terrific job on low carb, particularly cycling your carbs has been encouraging for me. You've been very successful doing it your way... Thanks for the motivation!

TJ
  #169   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 10:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 398/398/180 Female 5 "5"
BF:
Progress:

This thread is very motivating. Congrats to all who have reached this milestone. I can't wait to get there myself.
  #170   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-08, 21:49

Stats: 252/246/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I lost at least 100 lbs the year I was 18. (i say at least because I stepped on a scale at 340, but I had been low-carbing for a short while and had lost some weight already) I got down to 242, kept it off without trying for about four years, and have started to gain again this last year. So I'm back to low-carbing! Don't really know why I ever stopped.
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 09:11
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by takethat!
I lost at least 100 lbs the year I was 18. (i say at least because I stepped on a scale at 340, but I had been low-carbing for a short while and had lost some weight already) I got down to 242, kept it off without trying for about four years, and have started to gain again this last year. So I'm back to low-carbing! Don't really know why I ever stopped.

I wish you the best!

I know that for me, getting to my goal weight and staying there....was my goal. I've created a food plan for maintenance that embraces the foods that I ate to lose all my weight. I'm now 2.5 yrs into maintaining!!

You can do it!!
  #172   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 10:11
Creating a new Me!

Stats: 300/252.0/170 Female 63 1/2 in
BF:TOO **** HIGH
Progress: 37%

BUMP

I went searching for this thread for the encouragement it gives and thought I'd bump it up for the new year.
Mercy
  #173   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 10:48
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyD
BUMP

I went searching for this thread for the encouragement it gives and thought I'd bump it up for the new year.
Mercy

Good bump!!
  #174   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 11:08

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I've gotten there since this thread was last active, but I talk so much on the forums, I don't know if my story hasn't been heard a million times already.

Janine
  #175   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 22:31
Carolina Girl

Stats: 244.5/131.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I've gotten there since this thread was last active, but I talk so much on the forums, I don't know if my story hasn't been heard a million times already.

Janine

Still deserves a big woohoo!!! I think when you accomplish a goal like this, there's no problem with saying it more than once, twice, rinse, repeat. My sincerest congratulations jschwab.
  #176   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 22:43

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

And I think I've lost it all while being active on this forum. I try to say it alot because I was new here once.
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 15:40
Registered Member

Stats: 305/198/195 Male 5'10"
BF:a billion
Progress: 97%

I picked up a "few" pound durings the Thanksgiving to New Year's break. But once New Year's hit I went through a sort of Renaissance and went ahead and joined the "Y" and to do some intensive spinning classes since my exercise of choice was biking and it's too fargin cold to do that outside right now and I went straight back into induction. So except for the minor incident of the off-plan holiday excursion, I've been able to ride out my 100+ loss for about 1 year now. Yay me!!

I've even managed to recruit/support some others on the Atkins plan here where I work (one of which has lost 85lbs so far). During the warmer months I ride during my lunch break at work and have even drawn a crowd doing that. Three others have joined me now to ride during work.

So I've become sort of a motivator/personal trainer. I kinda like it. I always have to be improving to stay ahead of them, because they are always getting better. And they are always getting better, because they are trying to catch me. What a wonderfully vicious circle.
  #178   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-09, 23:57

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

This would be a great sticky thread. I have 89lbs to go before I can join the club. I hope to join by about this time next year.
  #179   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-09, 14:30
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrgQuest
This would be a great sticky thread. I have 89lbs to go before I can join the club. I hope to join by about this time next year.

I hope you join us too.

On 12/18/2008, I celebtrated 3 yrs at goal and in maintenance.
I've lost a total of 124 lbs.
  #180   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-09, 12:06
Registered Member

Plan: Stillman
Stats: 370/210/170 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Just wanted to say, I lurked on this board but never registered back in August/September 2008 when I first re-started my journey on Atkins, but now I'm almost to my first 100 lbs lost. I came back here for inspiration and WOW! just read all 12 pages of this thread; what an inspiration.

I hope to join the club by Valentine's Day (2 weeks from now). I have less than 10 lbs to go to my first 100 lost. Then on to my second 100. This is my third time on Atkins but one big difference this time is, I finally understand that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Last two times I lost over 150 lbs but life intervened, I went off-plan and gained it all back plus more. It's different this time . . . anyway, you all are so inspiring! Congratulations and thank you!!