Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-21, 13:06

Plan: LC/MF/HP
Stats: 212/188/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Good to know. I'm surprised they didn't talk about the effect on blood glucose on all the news stories. They didn't mention it to us either time when we got the injections, either. You'd think that would be a good thing to know if you're diabetic or simply watching your numbers.
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 09:32

Plan: IPA, DDF
Stats: 237.5/218.6/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 22%

Okay...my numbers for week one of the challenge -

Wt from 223.8 to 218.6, a loss of 5.2 lbs....unbelievable!!!!
Waist from 43.7 to 42.1, a loss of 1.6 inches
Fat increased from 55.3% to 55.7%...it's a BIA type, new recently...sad to see that increase...

But hey, I'm losing like I've NEVER done before. Still waiting for the new target number on the app. The spreadsheet says it should now be 96, down from 98. Guess maybe with the time change it's not ready to calculate it?

So, now on to week 2 and to kick some more of me to the curb...lol.

How'd everyone else do?

d
  #228   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-21, 18:46

Plan: DDF (2021 Q2)
Stats: 342.2/191/000 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 44%

I've been getting under my trigger no problem, waiting for it to drop, and drop it will !
  #229   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-21, 04:35
To Good Health!

Plan: P:E/DDF/LC-DrWestman
Stats: 225/159/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/30%/25%
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg
Okay...my numbers for week one of the challenge -

Wt from 223.8 to 218.6, a loss of 5.2 lbs....unbelievable!!!!
Waist from 43.7 to 42.1, a loss of 1.6 inches
Fat increased from 55.3% to 55.7%...it's a BIA type, new recently...sad to see that increase...

But hey, I'm losing like I've NEVER done before. Still waiting for the new target number on the app. The spreadsheet says it should now be 96, down from 98. Guess maybe with the time change it's not ready to calculate it?

So, now on to week 2 and to kick some more of me to the curb...lol.

How'd everyone else do?

d

Congratulations! It's magic I paid $18 for my Renpho scale and do not expect much from it. Almost all numbers are based off a not terribly credible hydration status. If you look at the Body Water Trend, Body Fat and Weight goes down when water goes up. Yesterday my Body Fat % went down .2, when water went up .1.

But Ta-Da...the Renpho scale also slipped below 160!!! I am at the lowest weight since I canít even remember...many many years. Lower than with LowCarb. Two pounds for this week, 30 from start. Now of course, I want to see where this takes me.

Watch out Thud, you easily post below trigger BG and that app will start cranking it down. Trigger is a 7 day average of pre-meal readings, so it should start moving now. Be glad they added the .5% max to the drop...in January the trigger was galloping down for some people.
  #230   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-21, 06:46

BF:

"...Watch out Thud, you easily post below trigger BG and that app will start cranking it down. Trigger is a 7 day average of pre-meal readings, so it should start moving now. Be glad they added the .5% max to the drop...in January the trigger was galloping down for some people."

Agreed, that's why I'm paying more attention to my hunger and recording and eating before it gets to low (for me that's into the low 70's as too low) I'm looking for a nice progressive linear ride down.

Goal: practice picking up subtler signals rather than, "I'm starving" - then it's too late for me - at that point I really do think about eating shitting foods and stuff. Reversely, If I start thinking about eating shitty foods, it's fairly certain that my BG is too far under my trigger. Trying to catch that feeling as it begins, not in the middle of it.

I suppose that's how most "normal" people feel and utilize hunger. I lost that skill a LONG time ago. Here to acquire it again with diligent practice.
  #231   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 07:25

BF:

Gliding along nicely this session. exploring more foods and working at slowly dropping trigger, that means eating before I get too hungry - key! Finding what it feels like to be hungry and practicing pushing away from table and left overs in fridge.