Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 06:20

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Welcome Carolyn(Crg66)

Hi, glad to see you're trying CAD/CALP.I have been on it for 5 weeks and lost 6 lbs. along with 10 from Atkins for a total lose of 16 lbs in 2 months. So I'm happy. Wish I hadn't wasted so much time on Atkins. I'm getting the hang of what to eat and when and this past week , instead of the 1/2 lb losses each week, I lost 2 lbs. So I hope I can keep it up to 1-2 lbs a week which is healthy loss to keep off. If not the 1/2 lb is good . The weight is still coming off. Hang in there . I find my appetite has gone way done . I can go from Brunch to Dinner with no problem.Have a great day. Wawtigress
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:12

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Cool Welcome --

Welcome CRG66 -- I pray you enjoy LCing the CALP way. It does help a lot -- just watch the portions, starches and desserts.

I've been doing this WOE for 4-weeks now and I love it. I had a difficult time at first because I kept confusing it with Atkins, trying to do both at the same time -- it doesn't work. I had to remind myself I was doing something different -- that's why I think I haven't lost quite as much as I should/could have (~2-3 pounds). I've got a handle on things now, and besides a little tweaking to fit my needs, I'm doing great.

Good luck and check in ofter to let us know how you are doing. Start a journal, that way others can look to see what you've been doing and give advice.

Take care and happy LCing. God bless

#63   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Red face Really Scared!

I am still doing the ATkins. Have been doing it for 26 days now. Only lost 8 pounds and keep creeping back up? I don't know why in the heck I would be gaining, when I am not cheating a bit.
I am most definitely getting frusrated with the Atkins, however, my thought is if I can't lose on the Atkins, I am scared to death I will really gain on the CALP.
Oh well, if that should happen..........it won't be the first time for me. I will just then, have to realize , maybe the low carb is not for my body type and I will have to switch back to the old low fat/low calorie way and begin losing but starving to death! LOL
I see people are losing on the CAD/CALP, so I am hoping I can do the same. I am waiting on my book from the library, so I will know the plan.
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 12:28

BF:
Default Hang on ,Joanne

I know what you mean about low fat. I think one of the reasons I was so slow on Atkins and Cad to start is I was low fat dieting and not losing anything. I think your body has to adjust when you go from one to the other . Now when I went from Atkins to CAd I followed as closely as possible to CAd and didn't gain any weight back at all and I was terrified I would. I just started losing slowly (about 1/2 lb a week for first two weeks and then it started being a little more.Just watch the portions and starches and desserts. If I have a potato,roll,corn,past etc. ,I will not have a cake ,pie type dessert. I will go with jello or pudding. When I don't have bread or the above, I may choose cake,pie etc. then.NOw i have had a small potato with my meal and a cake ,pie etc dessert and it didn't affect me but I don't go this route more than once aweek . Now you will lose 1/2 lb the other way but I prefer to tweak and do the above and go for the 1-2 lb a week loss. No more than this tho' so it will stay gone. Hope this helps. Wawtigress
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 14:34

BF:
Default Hi Wawtigress!

Sounds like you have a good plan going. I will try to remember what you said you do. I can see it makes sense.........if you eat a potato or a really bad carb.........then do not add a desert to the reward meal. But, if I eat say my protein, and cabbage.............then I might have a small desert. Right?

Sounds like something I can live with. If only I will lose like this?????????????????

However, I won't know until I try!

Thanks so much for your help!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 07:27

BF:
Cool Good luck, JoAnn

Hi everyone --

Sounds like some good info is floating around. Its easy to remember too:

Light to no carb meal = dessert of choice

Medium carb meal = a dessert on the lighter side

Heavy carb meal = no dessert or very light dessert

- The whole meal should be balanced and taken in moderation.

Good luck, JoAnn -- I wish you well.

Have a super day everyone -- God bless.

#67   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 08:48

BF:
Question Example of a Reward Meal?????

Can anyone give me some examples of what a correct REWARD meal would be?????????? That sure would help me to figure this plan out a little better!

Thank you guys in ADVANCE!
Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 09:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 272/267/150
BF:
Progress:

Jo Ann

Sample reward meals:

Salad (1-2 cups) first
steak (protein) the size of the palm of your hand
potatoe,stuffing,applesauce,roll, (high carb) pick only one
brussell sprouts, brocolli, cauliflower, (low carb)
water, water, water

all reward meals must be equal portions...

Salad (1-2 cups)
Chicken breast (palm size)
pasta w/marinara sauce (palm size)
broccoli
water, water, water

Salad (1-2 cups)
Fish,steak, or chicken
low carb veggie
palm size dessert of your choice
water, water, water

*if you don't want low carb cooked veggies with every meal..I will have a buch of raw veggies after my salad with the left over dressing in my bowl...radishes,celery and cucumber....It helps me a lot...I get sick of cooked veggies!!

Hope this helps!!

Tara
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 09:06

BF:
Default Tara............Thank you!

That was so nice of you to post what a reward meal would look like. That gives me some idea of what to plan for.

I have not finished the CALP book nor the CAD book. Does either of those books really list reward meals for us? Just curious?

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 09:31

Plan: CAD
Stats: 272/267/150
BF:
Progress:

Joann

Yes...if you keep reading the book, you will find all kinds of Proteins, low carbs, and high carbs...they also give some reciepe's. You can also go to their website and it gives many sample reward meals. Type in Carbohydrate addicts and it should take you to their web site...

Good luck
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:22

Plan: CALP since Jan 1/02
Stats: 189/181.5/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Heller Support Group

Hello,

The best (but kinda formal) message group for people on the Heller's diet is at Yahoo groups and is called MyCAFriends. It's free to join. It is run by a friend of the Heller's. The people who belong to this group number nearly 1,000 and they have a convention every year, usually in Florida. Any questions you have will be answered very specifically by people who are experts at all the nuances. They have a massive database of all kinds of recipes. THe Heller's also have a cookbook out that was published very recently.

--- Cady.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 11:19

BF:
Cool Hi

Thanks Cadence for the info. I'm sure everyone appreciates the info, I know I do. I'll have to check them out.

Good news this AM -- I stepped on the scales and it read 243 pounds. I haven't seen those numbers in forever -- I'm so happy. I'll know tomorrow how it affects my weekly average. Hopefully, the next week will contain numbers equal to or less than those 3.

Talk with you later. Have a great weekend. God bless.

#73   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 06:55

BF:
Default Still losing on CAD/CALP

I've been on this diet for 6 weeks and lost 6 1/2 lbs. and eating good food. I am watching my meals so I don't overdo and making my reward meal normal portions not going back for seconds because if you do at the end of the line you'll gain it all back if you don't train yourself to eat normal portions. The GTF chromium tablets really help me (one of the Options on the plan). My appetite has really gone to far far away. I go from breakfast now until dinner without lunch and if i do want lunch I eat a small salad or piece of meat. ( read in an article one time that the reason people gain weight is when you read the nutrition label on a food and it tells you what a serving is and you eat more than that serving ,the excess will go to fat. Do that enough times and you gain weight) Anyway that's what works for me not necessarily what will work for other people. I just know that while I'm not feeling hunger , I'm going to take advantage to shrink my stomach so when I get to the end of the line I will not have the urge to overeat. Wawtigress