Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/271/165
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi Everyone!

I am new, let me introduce myself. My name is Tracy and I am the mother of a 11 year old daughter, a 10 year old son, and 2 month old twin boys. Things are busy around my house!

Before getting pregnant with the boys I was already 100 plus pounds overweight. Now it's time to do something about it. I've joined the local health club and have been going every other day at a minimum. I began the Atkins diet last Thursday (hasn't even been a week yet) and have lost 5lbs so far. Not huge, but a very nice start.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know everyone. Support is key for me, and I'll be coming here for that.

Hugs to everyone : )
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:24

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Tracey and welcome to this forum.

You must have your hands full at the moment with two month old twins. With the gap between them and your other children I am sure you have forgotten how demanding babies can be. Here me talking, and I've not even got one.

Great to hear you are doing Atkins and have joined the local health club. All this will help a great deal. I'm shortly off to the gym myself.

Can I recommend that you start a journal on this site. See sticky at the top of the forum. Not only will this be a great way to keep track of your progress, but it is also a great way to meet people as they drop in and out of everyones journal. The journals are also a useful source when you have questions and I find mine a great motivator.

Congratulations on those 5 pounds already gone. Look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 05:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello Tracy!!

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find tips, support, and info here! All the people are great about answering questions. Take a look around the site and you will find great things!

Going to the health club is great! Keep it up!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 06:38

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 204/175/165
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome

Hi Jacey,

You are joining an every increasing, (in numbers, not in weight), group of Buckeyes here in Atkins land.

Kudos on the gym. It is very important to exercise regularly and burn off the sugar we have stored over the years.

There is a wealth of information and experience here with all the pounds that have been lost, regained, and lost again. You won't always do everything right the first time, but you will have many, many chances to get it right the next time.

Read journals, forums, get acquainted with all that is here. These are a lot of great people here, and we are all here for the same reason, so welcome to the group.