Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-14, 14:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Still chugging along. 5 grams a day.
  • Stress handling greatly improved. I don't even want to murder anyone!
  • Fatigue - it pops up just as often, but my recharge time is faster.
  • Sleep - back and forth. I wake up quite a bit, but most of the time I get back to sleep. This might be the diuretic effect of the C.
  • Appetite - ever since I started taking Lipo C, my snacking urges have never been smaller.
  • Memory - part of my exhaustion issues has been losing track of things and this has also improved!
  • Stamina - This is a funny thing, as I don't have any problem keeping going... early in the morning. But sometimes my behind is dragging by mid-afternoon. This does seem to be working better as I, more often, arrive home ready to do something besides go to bed.

I go back and forth. There are days when I'm all raaawr and days when I'm getting into bed with my laptop.

But crying from hopeless fatigue, unable to do more than watch a TV show or read a book I've already read before, and the urge to throttle my loved ones if they ask me for one more dang thing... that's gone. And not missed!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-14, 11:08

BF:

I am not making any further progress this week. Doing too much, lots of events I have to cover and my short term memory is SHOT. I put my car keys in my hiking bag and 20 minutes later I do not remember. I borrow my husband's and hours later it turns out that is what I did. But I don't REMEMBER it.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-14, 08:46

BF:

Still at the Lipo C. I'm not cutting my dose until I'm all better.

Friday I went out early and worked a full day and ran out to take pictures in the cold and then ran a few more errands and dragged groceries and laundry up and down the driveway and the three flights of stairs.

Then I was ready to collapse. I'm talking spots-before-my-eyes losing consciousness. It's a full day, but it shouldn't be that much of an exhausting one.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-14, 14:24

BF:

Things are on an upward arc again. I hadn't realized one of my herbal teas also had caffeine in the form of black tea. Oh well, I tapered off. I also stopped my roasted cocoa beans coffee substitute, just in case. Still having a small square of dark chocolate after dinner...

But with all caffeine ditched, things have gotten unstuck and I'm sleeping well again, and even feeling a little more energetic. Husband says I've got more color in my face and I came home after work & grocery shopping without feeling completely wiped out.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 07:01

BF:

And, I pushed myself, and got completely wiped out.

Fortunately, it's two days later and I'm recovering... which means I can. I got a book, Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by Dr. James L. Wilson, and it lays out a complete road map for recovery. Vitamin C is a vital part of this, but only a part. Those interested will see the rest in my journal, WereBear Writes: Decades of Struggle. (I tried for many years to keep my weight under control, and low carb did that for me.)

In conclusion, LIPOSOMAL C ABSOLUTELY ROCKS. Considering how sick I was, and am, it has been nothing short of phenomenal in how it helps my body heal and avoid illness, even under the tremendous strain I'm dealing with. It will remain a vital strategy, and I urge everyone who has gotten this far to give it a try.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-14, 09:23
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I finally bought some.

I think I'm a good control for placebo effect. I never feel anything from supplements. No zing, no fizz, no surge of energy, nothing.
Same thing with this supplement. No detectable change.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-14, 11:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I finally bought some.

I think I'm a good control for placebo effect. I never feel anything from supplements. No zing, no fizz, no surge of energy, nothing.
Same thing with this supplement. No detectable change.

I must be the opposite: usually I get something. Vitamin D might be the only outlier in terms of timeframe; after two months of supplementing, I got this mad sense of well-being which has held pretty steady.

But yeah, I have this tendency to drop one if I don't feel it, unless, like D, I have a lab test that says, "you are LOW."
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-14, 13:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

It could be doing something wonderful in my body, but I can't detect it.