Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 22:00

Plan: combined plans
Stats: 192/158/147
BF:
Progress: 76%
Question Nat..... BSBW

I noticed in your *program* you listed BFL/BSBW

how do you like the program after doing BFL?

I just started the Advanced last week, start week 2 on monday.

and are you continuing on the alloted PP carbs? I know that the BSB nutrition is much higher.

just wondering how effective your workouts are on lower carbs, and what your average carb allotment is.

TIA,
lcgal
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 09:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there LC I've been through 2 challenges on lowered carbs and I've had great results. I'm finding no difference this time out. You're right, the workouts are demanding, but at about 70g of carbs I'm doing just fine (so far). I am only starting week 2 of the Advanced program, which I had modified slightly to 5 days of lifting with the odd 20 MAS thrown in instead of 20 minutes of moderate cardio. My workouts are listed in my gym log if you'd like to take a peak.

Results have been great thus far - was going through TOM last week and managed a 3.75" loss with a 1 lb gain on the scale, needless to day I'm pleased!

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 10:18

BF:

Nat,

thanks for the reply.

i checked out your log, and seems you've tweaked it quite a bit.... sounds great.

I'm starting my 5th week on BSB tomorrow. I've completed weeks 1,5&6 of the regular 14 day workouts, and week1 of Advanced, and will complete the entire 6 weeks, unless it kills me first.
those Giant sets are killer.

regarding the cardio; I kept in the Hiit the first 3 weeks, but now have eliminated them due to the more intense workouts... I can barely walk after a leg day, much less add hiit or 20mas after wards, so I'm just sticking with the moderate for the next 5 weeks, then i will add it back in for the remainder of my challenge.

I've been doing BFL workouts off and on for almost 2 yrs now, and this is really a challenge, i love it.... and i think finally changing up my nutrition from lower carb to more of lc/lf has finally made the difference for me... as I am finally losing weight again. Plus, i've found i've been really fatigued when my carbs are too low with this new program, so I've really had to watch that... think they are in the 80-130 range (they tend to vary daily), but the harder part is keeping my fat low.

I saw you mention the MSN site... a lot of great gals in there. I browse it, but I dont post in there, but they have a huge knowledge pool that has been very helpful.

thanks again,

lc
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 16:52

BF:

LC, I don't think I'd be able to do HIIT after the lifting - I'm doing the cardio before hand, to act as a warmup, after a fashion. It seems to be working, so far.

How long does it take you to do the Giant sets compared to the supersets? I'm wondering just how much time I'm going to have to allot myself in the mornings - the proposition of getting up at 4:30 is not that appealing!

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 20:54

BF:

the Giant sets for week 5&6 of the 14day took me about 45 min, give or take....they do tend to move quickly with no rest inbetween...

right now, the Advanced is close to an hour for me, but my rest times are not 90 sec inbetween both exercises... a gal on a different board, who is doing Advanced said it's taking her about 90 min for most of the Advanced work, but I dont remember if that included the aerobics and AB work. (i'd have to go back and check)

I'm guessing the Advanced Giant sets will take longer as there are 5 sets not 4 like in the 14day.

I just may end up doing split days, with training in the afternoon those two weeks, I'll have to see how it goes... as i too don't wanna have to get up any earlier.

but I was thinking, if I had to, i'd get up around 5, do my aerobics, then at 8am go in for weight training, after I get the kids off to school.

good luck to ya....

lc
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 06:45

BF:

I was thinking the same thing - splitting up cardio and lifting for those last two weeks. It is only two weeks after all - I can live w/o much of a social life for that short time!

Good luck to you, as well. Thanks for the input.

Nat