Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 08:58

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%
Default link

a couple months ago, several people found this site helpful, so thot I'd post it for newbies.

Dyan's breakfast/lunch ideas
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 23:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Talking Thanks

Thanks for the link. I'm always on the look-out for new sites and recipes. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to import them into my Mastercook program. I tell you life is one big learning curve!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default MasterCook

Hi, ColinJN.

I find that usually the easiest way to import recipes into MasterCook is to type them in! Unless they are in plain text or MasterCook format to start with, that works the easiest. Keeping the Ingredients database in there up to date is harder. What version are you running?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 14:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Mastercook

Hi Islandgirl,
I'm running the Mastercook 5.0.5.0 (Betty Crocker?)
I keep reading the manual and trying to figure out the import wizard, but my brain just fogs over. I had a hunch that I would eventually find out that I would have to put everything in manually.

Still it is a great tool to have. The next step is to try to figure out how to input all these exotic ingredients and their nutritional values. Life on the learning curve is seldom dull!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 03:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

I went straight from Version 4 to Version 6 (couldn't find Version 5) but can tell you that updating the Ingredients List is OF COURSE very different in the two versions!

I basically tossed the User Guide (every version) as being particularly unhelpful with the stuff I really needed to know...

Here's one tip that may help, anyway. Check the SOAR Archives for interesting recipes (a websearch on "SOAR" and "recipes" ought to get you there) and cut'n'paste one of those recipes into Notepad, save the Notepad textfile someplace handy, then try to Import that file. Import works on certain limited text files and on Mastercook format files, that's about it...