Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 12:22
Registered Member

Plan: LC + LowER Cal (~1500)
Stats: 159/155/145?
BF:16%, goal 6-7%
Progress: 5%
Default Who here was a piggie last night?

Merry Christmas!

I most certainly was a piggy last night. Today I took a symbolic shower: I washed off the dirty carbs and am clean to start a LC again.

While I was in the shower, I was thinking about my actions the night before. I was pretty good all through the day but I ate a lot of dessert. I tried a (regular size) piece of each cake (3 of them). I thought of the good sides of what I did as to avoid being stressed:

-- I had the cake pieces within an hour so I shouldn't gain weight (isn't that in one of the books?)
-- It was one meal so it is kinda like CAD (right?)
-- It gave my metabolism a jump start which will help burn future fat ( I don't know about you guys but when I have a carb binge -- once a month -- it seems to jump start my metabolism)
-- It was like a Carb-Up for CKD. I usually do TKD, but hey, a change couldn't hurt.
-- I had no potatoes or peas and went for salad, cheese, and meat.
-- It tasted great and I had a great time with my friends and family!
-- It made me reflect on my actions and this WOE/WOL.

I wrote this because I know how stressful this whole LC deal can get, but maybe we should reflect on the positive aspects. We're humans, we make mistakes, right? But to me, it doesn't look entirely like a mistake. Anybody else?

Well... I hope everyone has a great Christmas day. My morning has been great. SANTA CAME!!! LOL.

Love and Peace,
Alex
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Yes, for the first time in many weeks I had an appetite, and even caught myself just picking up food and putting it in my mouth...didn't need to, just habit. The trays and spread on the table were just there, and I did not really hold back very well.

I did only eat turkey, ham, cheese, raw veggies and dip...not one sweet, no cookies. My coffee and diet soda as usual.

Was up 3 pounds this morning. That's because I've been in starvation mode though I think...this could be a problem for me.

Will take it very easy today.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all...

#3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-02, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I'm afraid I overindulged last night, too. We had company over and it seemed like I was constantly hungry. I only ate low-carb foods, but I did eat too many.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 07:43

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%
Default I'm blaming it on the wine

I was fine till I had a glass of wine....then bahoomey, the pie was calling my name. Not 1, or 2, but 4 stupid pieces slid down my throat.

And the night before I also blame it on the wine. Come to think of it, maybe it due to that. It was a cheap wine, probably too sweet.

Think I'll just dump it down the drain today so I'm not tempted.

And yes, I am also starting back on the right track today.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 07:55

Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

I definitely OVERATE... but it was legal stuff. I am up a pound this morning... but no worries... I know it will go by the end of the week upon returning to my normal caloric intake and water intake.

Just to kick start myself into the new year... I ahve decided to reinduct for the next two weeks. I had gotten up to a net of 35 carbs each day (Atkins OWL and have been slowly adding carbs back)... but my losses have all but stopped and I want to drop another 10 pounds before grinding down to the last 10 at a snails pace. So down in carbs today and for 14 days. Then I will add back slowly again.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 09:06

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

I had no appetite pretty much all day cause I took Dana Carpenter's advice and had a high protein bfast before my dinner. Then at dinner I only had a small amount of turkey, some green veg and 2 roast potatoes. I made up for it later though when I had like practically a box of profiterroles.

I decided in advance that yesterday and today are indulgence days for me, so I am eating sugar. However, to my suprise it doesn't taste as good as I remembered. Funny how the physiological cravings dissapate when you nourish your body properly.

I am having a nice time and am glad Santa brought me Sex and the City Box Set and clothes vouchers which I can use to buy clothes 2 sizes smaller
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 09:51

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Not me..

You know, I just didn't do it...

...over eat, I mean. I ate plenty of ham and turkey and salad and veggies...plus I brought a large tray of shrimp to M&D's, as well as my own LC cheesecake. I won't say that I didn't think about Mom's chocolate chip cookies or her wonderful pies, but I resisted fully and I feel great today.

It's important to me this year to head into a new year losing weight rather than gaining. It's basically the first time I've ever done so. That makes resisting pie and cake easy for me.

Down 102lbs and still losing, I remain...

Donald
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 11:39

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default I gorged!

I knew I had to restart today and so I let myself have whatever I wanted yesterday. No guilt...no regrets. It was good!

Now today, I start over again, but this time more seriously. I was thinking about waiting until the New Year, but decided it would be great to be thinner on New Year's Eve!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 11:46

Stats: 279/235/190
BF:
Progress: 49%

I done pretty good overall , just can't force myself to eat something that is a no no

Overate on the stuff I can eat though

But thats ok, feeling great today

Made it thru the Holidays, probably get a big old turnip greens and hog jowls New Years Day meal

Jeff
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 12:07

Stats: 210/210/130
BF:Too much
Progress: 0%
Post Was pretty good until last night!

I was doing pretty well until the evening when I had some shortbread cookies and chocolates and I'm paying for it today with a stomach ache . And really, they didn't taste very good.

Just starting so no new stats to post but working on it!

Happy Holidays

Sue
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 16:48

Plan: Atkins 9/29/02 Somersize 4/4/03
Stats: 26/22/10
BF:57%/46%/25%
Progress: 25%

I allowed myself to have whatever I wanted for the first time since I started Sept 29th. And didn't feel guilty one bit, although, I do agree with Scarlet that some things just didn't taste as good as you remember.

I had turkey, green beans, potato salad, candied yams, cornbread dressing, a thin slice each of carrot and pound cake. I tried a spoonful of this dish my mother made called bean goulash but found it to be sickeningly sweet and couldn't finish the rest. That's another thing I noticed yesterday .. sweet foods tasted way too rich and sweet.

Today, it's back to Atkins full-force and no looking back! Congrats to everyone who made it through the holidays without going off plan. You're my heroes!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 21:39

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default I wasn't a piggy

But I still feel the need to look at what I am doing and how I am going to get there.. IE do better planning again..
That has gotten away from me.
I planned to have a tiny bit of stuffing and potatoes..and I stuck with a tablespoon of both.
It was the four chocolate truffles that still weigh on my mind.. and I know I have been wanting chinese the last day or so.. NOT sure what is up with that..
Except I guess my daughter keeps mentioning she wants some every time we drive by the Sampan to get to Wild oats.. LOL.. KIDS!
Poofie!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 13:54

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Well done everyone that has replied, you have all done really well during the hols.
Me, I failed big time....and I mean big time.
Croissants and bucks fizz for Xmas Breakfast.
I cooked a mean Xmas dinner for us, which included roast potatoes, roast chicken, stuffing, sprouts, green beans, peas and gravy...I haven't had potatoes for months and they were great.
Xmas pud smothered in cream.
In between these 2 meals I ate lots of chocolate whilst watching A Christmas Carol on the TV.
Boxing Day (don't think you guys have BDay) visited with my sister and family. Traditionally here it's a meal of mashed potatoes, cold meats, pickles and salad...we also had herb prawns, garlic and herb/cheese bread (to die for)....washed down with copious amounts of wine.
This was followed by cheesecake and more cream.

Today I feel FAT .... no other word for it...I am literally struggling to breath cos my jeans are so tight.....

Serves me right !!!!!!

Ali = laughing......I completely failed when I promised myself I wouldn't do it again this Xmas.

An observation...although my gannet qualities took over during Xmas I have to say that the naughty stuff really didn't taste as good as I remembered....(apart from the croissants and the roast spuds)

Here's to a healthy 2003 !!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 09:04
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I blew it. Good thing Jan 1st is around the corner.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 240/206.5/165 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/43.0/23%
Progress: 45%
Talking

Boy did I cheat! But I decided that rather than go HOG WILD every day, I picked one thing I'd been missing and had regular servings of that. That means I got to eat sweet potatoes..chocolate..TACOS!!! Oh..I miss those bean-n-cheese taco's...

The upside is that I only gained 2.5 pounds..which on one hand is more than I wanted to gain but on the other had seems like a small price to pay to indulge for a couple days. In other words? I'm cool with it...not regretting a single moment!!

Happy New Year's Gang!