Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 10:04

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 160/158/140
BF:
Progress:
Default Need help for bread and breakfast

Sick and tired of eating eggs every which way style. Can anyone give me some more new suggestions for breakfast other than eggs? Lost 2&1/2 lbs in 4 days. I miss bread. Can anyone give me a no carb recipe for bread or where I can find the inexpensive high protein bread in a supermarket? My email is Wild1787333~*** Please send me some suggestions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 11:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Pancake

Hi Wild

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on the loss so far.

There are some recipes for Breads if you check on the Low Carb Recipies in the orange bar at the top of the page (3rd link).

I hit upon an idea which works well for me and makes a change from eggs. A sort of vegetable pancake that is quick and easy.

Diced vegetables (Often use aubergine or mushrooms or courgette)
1 Tbsp soya flour
Nut flour (Home made in the coffee-grinder with sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds/ sesame seeds)
Herbs and Spices and Salt to taste

Mix with absolute minimum water (the vegetables release a fair amount while cooking).

Heat some oil/butter in the frying pan. Drop a large spoonfull of mixture in. Flatten with a fork and cook on very low heat. Flip over when one side is fairly well cooked.

I add a final blob of butter once it is on my plate and watch it melting as I tuck in.

{I miss bread. } Could be Carb-withdrawal symptoms kicking in. Be strong.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 11:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default hi wild, welcome to our forum

We do not permit email addresses to be posted on the forum, so I've edited your message. Members may use the private messaging system, however we encourage folks to post their questions, answers and suggestions right here on the forum . That way, EVERYONE benefits and learns, not just one person ..

Fiona has given you some great ideas. Another hint ... use our Search tool ... just click on the icon at the top right of the page ... type in Breakfast and hit Submit ... you'll get quite a few hits.

It's funny how we hate eggs every morning, claiming boredom or whatever --- yet for how many years and years and years did we eat white WHEAT flour thingies day in and day out, over and over?? Something to think about.

Looking forward to reading more posts from you!

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 12:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You can eat anything you want for breakfast. Why eat eggs all the time?

Part of the beauty of being an adult is now you can run around with scissors and eat whatever you darn well please!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet Revolution Induction Programme
Stats: 251/233/140
BF:
Progress: 16%
Talking Bread for breakkie!

Hello - I am a new member who is following the Atkins diet Revolution, and it has certainly been that for me.

I have (tonight!) made the Atkins protein bread and all I can say is - IT IS DELICIOUS. I am sure that you have the recipe and have tried it. It makes especially good cinnamon toast, which was a lovely desert to my main meal this evening.

I have tried really hard on this diet to make it interesting and exciting - not easy for someone who used to have nearly 300-400 grams of carb a day, well sometimes at one sitting .

The Protein Bread will become another exciting thing for me to bring into my diet, which is now between 10 and 20 grams of carb a day. And I can be accurate about that because combined with the Atkins diet I am using a computer programme called Diet Power. It is a godsend (please edit if I am breaking the advertising rules as I am very new to this ). It has many foods with their calories, carbs, fats etc already programmed in and also allows you to create foods missing and whole recipes, then gives you the carb content. By the way the protein bread has 18 grams per loaf.

Thanks for a great forum this is going into my favourites and I will visit as often as possible.

Sticki
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-01, 08:13

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking OH KAREN!

as usual, you break me up! i'm laughing out loud and kicking my feet! i've got a tremendous urge to get the scissors and run! oh karen, i just love you!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-01, 08:33
Forum Founder

BF:

And you can go up and down the stairs without holding the railing too. But don't try it when running around with a pair of scissors.

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 16:27

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

And take the lollipop out of your mouth, if you fall down the stick will go down your throat and choke you. Another danger of high-carb.

Rachel
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 16:38

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Sugar hummmm

If I didn't know better, I'd swear some of my friends on this forum have been eating toooooooo much sugar.

Nice to see some humour....we all can use a smile.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 03:05
Forum Founder

BF:

It's all the energy we have from low-carbing!!!!!

Man! I'm sooo glad I gave up lollipops. I didn't know they were so dangerous!

Karen
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 07:39

Plan: Atkins/The Zone
Stats: 130/128/107
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Bread

Hi,

I have seen a bread in the grocery store (made by a local bakery) & while it doesn't provide the breakdown of nutritional info. (calories etc.) it has no wheat or sugar added, the flour is rye.
Would this be ok to eat?

Thanks,
Anne
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 08:26

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

According to Netzer, rye flour has about 90 carbs per cup. Govern yourself accordingly.

Rachel
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 169/114/120
BF:
Progress:
Default to carb or not to carb

guys i ve found that when i eat bread, even if it is low carb i go into a binge, so i think for me is better not to, i think your body associates the flavor with real bread and it triggers craving for the real thing.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 12:57
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%

I tried a low carb bread recipe and just ate a bite and the craving was strong. So Anna, I also can't eat bread but I can get do without it to stay healthy.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:49

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Bread?

I know everyone does Low Carbing differently. I allow myself 1 or 2 slices low carb bread per day. Well, not everyday...but most everyday. And I'm still losing. I guess if it sends you into a carb binge, you'd have to abstain completely. Everyone has to figure out for themselves what works for them. I figure that my carb intake is WAY lower than when it was my main staple. So restricting myself and buy low carb bread with tons of fiber seems to work for me. I don't ever allow Pepsi in my diet anymore, so I know what is truly a no-no.

You guys are too much! I couldn't stop laughing after the lollipop comment. So witty. Victoria