Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool Me too!!

I would love to join this thread! I could hear the laughter all the way over in Low Carb Boot Camp where I was thinking about making another whining entry in my journal. I hear Hugh Jackman is around - I think I am moving to Australia (especially after the 6 inch snowfall last night) and joining a new church. Questions - I too do not know about "rooting". I have been eyeing up the thongs in the undies department, but when I visualize my derrierre in such a thing I start to gag. And shagging, I figured that one out!!!

Anyway, I too am a fallen woman and need support (lots of lifting, I think) to get me up into that red wagon. Gonna try really hard today!!!

Last edited by sewcrazy : Sun, Dec-29-02 at 13:48.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 10:58

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Drank 60+ oz yesterday I miss my 295...

Can you say water logged?

Todays Menu

Br. Eggs, mushrooms, onions, cheese, DC coffee, heavy whipping cream, meds, supplements
Lu. hmm...., water
Di. hmm...., water

Last edited by ERSmith45 : Sun, Dec-29-02 at 11:00.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 14:42

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Hi guys.....

Here I am were you looking for me?? My lovely children found a kitten not to long ago and she bit( really chewed) all the wires on my computer.. I was not able to type but I am here now with a brand new Keyboard!!!!!!!!

Hey there is some group here now.. HI LADIES and Hunk... I am glad to see that we will all be getting to somewhat of our goals, or Die trying....

M.K. I am leaving the "but what is shagging and rooting???" question for the WENDYE.. so Start explaining..

okay back to the WOE, I have been fine with the whole routine of WOE but I have to tell you, I have hit a low and a big low... I am Depressed I have been in bed for two days.. But I did lose weight along with the depression.. So is that good or bad?? Don't know the answer to that question...

Here are my eats for the past few days.......

Friday

Omlet/w cheese

Lunch
Salad with ranch / cheese/ tomato/olives and sunflowers

dinner
Outback

12oz steak with salad

snack
pur delight chocolate bar

I drink plenty for water a day

Saturday

Breakfast
About a pound of bacon

lunch
LC Bagel with cream cheese

snack

Carb-o-lite chocolate bar
Carb-o-lite Jelly beans

snack repeat of top
I drink plenty of water a day

Today was

Breakfast
LC Bagel with one half cream cheese and the other butter.. could not decide

Lunch
Salad with ranch/ tomato/ cheese and sunflowers

snack
Macadamias nuts......

Dinner will be

8oz Filet Minon

Water water water

So thats what I have been up to I want to just say hello to all again and I am glad Wendye thought of this great idea.. but I will be cutting and pasting in my journal as well.....

kiss kiss
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 15:52
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking Hey there, Gang!

Ela.. your graphics continue to crack me up! I love the Elvgren print! I have always been a devoted fan of that man. I love pinups and everything else from that era. Something innocently sexy about his art... like I dream of being! Don't fret the little weight gain. I mean... consider this, girl... this could be the problem . Ya think? I've got to hand it to you for adjusting your current weight. Not me! I ain't fessing up until January 1. I gained 4 pounds... and I'm hoping that it's just flux weight...and it'll be gone by Wednesday. If not, I'll adjust the profile... cursing as I do it.

Hi, Gretchen! Thanks for the FitDay reminder. I use FitDay, too... but I want to add the link to my journal to keep me all the more on track!

And Wendye... yeah... please DO tell us in uncensored terms EXACTLY what "shagging" and "rooting" mean. We need to clear this up once and for all. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your response. Enlighten us, girl!

Vivi... So sorry to hear about your depression. 'Tis the season. Sad, but true. Thankfully Christmas is so close to the end of the year... a time for fresh starts and rejuvenation. I went through a horrible depression battle what lasted about 10 years... bouts of panic attacks and stay-in-bed depression... constant worrying and anxiety. Low carbing fixed that! Maybe yours was sugar-related, too? Christmas is such a high-carb holiday... possibly the real meaning behind Elvis' "Blue Christmas". Hang in there, Vivi. The new year is about to take off!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 15:55

Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Hey! Hey! Glad to See Everybody!

~
Quote:
Originally posted by Wendye
and Jude - I'm rooting for you girl

After I, 1st of all say HEY VIVILUV!, I'm gonna start right out with telling those who want to know, what shagging and rooting mean: Of course we all here in the USA know that "rooting" is what we do at a ballgame etc or when wishing someone well!

As for shaggin': There is no dance more associated with the South than shagging, and no place more accommodating to shaggers than the South.

Learning to shag is learning to be a Southerner.

It is learning to hear the ocean in your head and the music in your step. (It's an enchanting kind of music/dance with a gliding & smooth step) see attach picture...

It is learning to bend your knees, relax your shoulders, and shuffle, slide and spin to "Beach Music" about wise men and falling in love.

...those from other parts of the World, including my Wendye Frendye, disagree with those versions and OF COURSE! When she get's here today, I have no doubts that she will give you, "THE REST OF THE STORY!!!!" LOL

BTW: Thank you Wendye girl for your very charitable Jude definition! And thank you too for Mr Jackman, Oh! My! he sure does wear that towel well!!!!!!!!

WELCOME! GRETCHEN and SEWCRAZY....

CCA, yep, read your whole journal...it was like a good book that you start and then can't put down! I pinched (that's a Wendye word for nabbed) your fabulous sounding "Spicy Shrimp and Cabbage" recipe too! Tell me, however did you get those jockey hunks to drop their jeans for us?...LMAO! Thankee for that! know you've been trying to decide whether or not to give up artificial sweeteners? So I brought this l'il tidbit from Dr Atkins for you:

Dr Atkins gives this as one tip to help you with a stall. Stop Consuming Aspartame!

If you're sure you're not eating any hidden carbs, take a closer look at other aspects of your diet. An observation at The Atkins Center has been that when certain people discontinue their use of aspartame, their weight loss resumes. The artificial sweetener is marketed under the brand names of NutraSweet® and Equal®. To eliminate aspartame from your life, give up most diet sodas, especially colas (many of which also contain caffeine). Instead, use sweeteners such as sucralose, marketed as Splenda®, or saccharin, marketed as Sweet'n Low™. Again, you also need to examine the labels of all beverages, particularly sugar-free ones, to make sure that aspartame is not an ingredient.

ONWARD EVERYONE!!! keep on keepin' on and HAPPY LCING!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The power to hold on in spite of everything, the power to endure—this is the winner's quality. Persistence is the ability
to face defeat again and again without giving up—to push on in the face of great difficulty, knowing that victory can be yours! ”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shaggers.jpg (21.9 KB, 17 views)
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 16:24

Stats: 177/140/140 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Hey there, Gang!

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol CA
I ain't fessing up until January 1.

"ME NEITHER"!

Hey CCA, you were here the same time that I was, just missed you! I'm with you, I'm not gonna "bite the bullet" for a few more days...LOL

Wendye girl, I do have to fess up about dobbin' to Sweet BeBe ('bout things that float'), though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You've failed many times, although you don't remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. .... Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.”
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 16:58

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

OK I Finally Made it over here. It Looks like it's going to be a Fun Fun Journal.

Your know what that means Right ELA!!!!!!!

I do want to up my Water Intake.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 17:29

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Yes, Richard.... I know what that means....

Good one Handsome...
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 17:36

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Is there room for one more??!!

Saw Wendye's post about this in Ela's journal and thought I'd take a peek

I'm definitely having trouble and need a few kicks up the wotsit to get me back on that downward trend. I have given myself a good talking to and I'm planning to get strict on January 1. And hopefully with your help, I'll succeed

I've brought along a hunk:

OK, it doesn't show him in his full glory, lol, but .....

I know lots about shagging (not just the UK version, lol), rooting and thonging ......

and my plan is .....

To keep my carb intake between 20/30g a day
To up my water intake, and make sure I don't ease off at weekends
To cut out all those 'low carb' treats which keep tempting me
To start exercising - walking/cycling - and I'll think about going to the gym (at some point)
Not to get stressed when those scales are being stubborn
To aim for target at some point in 2003
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 20:29

Stats: 266/266/200 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

WENDYE!!!

In your first post of this thread with the rules, you said you wanted to rid the world of "front butts."

What does this mean?

It means something quite specific in England, you see.

Something I certainly wouldn't want to rid the world of ...

PLEDGES :

Just one. Give CAD a try.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 00:01

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Great Plan Gretchen !!! Now all you have to do is stick to it!!

Sewcrazy - nice to have another fallen woman here with us -- there's always a hand up here so visit often. My handup was great I am back incontrol today.Does your name meanyou are a sewer??? per chance - I am a patchworker and scrapbooker.

Ela - you are too funny I am LAMO at your glug glug glug picture!!!

Vivi - Hope this thread helps to improve your emotional state - we luv ya and we're here for you!!!

Carol CA - 2 days 'til fess up!!!

Joan - Have you tried any of those new recipes yet??? Share the good ones please!! Go and drink some more water!! Get Joanizing !! (for those who've not been to joan's journal - it means drink gallons and gallons)

Jude - thank you for YOUR version of shagging and rooting!! (see below for the REA L definition!)

Richard - Hi Richard - you sniffed us out hmmm???? You can join - the more the merrier!!! Go drink a glass of water!

Demi - you will do really well here on the wagon with us - welcome!! and you brought a nice hunk with you you're welcome anytime - that'll keep Ela coming back for more!!!

Atkid - the history of the forum frontbutt I think begins with Asugar or Ginger (neither of whom have showed up yet - too much Christmas cheer I guess!)-- they declared that they not only had a back butt {deriere, sit upon, behind, toosh, bum, fanny (US only)} but they also had a front butt - so they would need a double thong. The only thongs I wear are on my feet but theirs are different.

This little troll has a frontbutt bigger than his back butt!!

shagging and rooting
Definition: Shagging and rooting are terms that can be used interchangably - usually a term from the 60s or 70s in Australia.

Shagging was often carried out by 2 people in the back of a shaggin wagon (van) during the make love not war era (gettin the picture???)

Another terms used for this activity is: 'the hoizontal mambo'.

Last edited by Wendye : Mon, Dec-30-02 at 00:17.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 00:05

BF:

More

The humour comes when I keep seeing people rooting for others and someone once posted the whole Dallas Cowboys Cheer Squad would be rooting for them

Shag of course I have now learnt can mean a plethera of things including: a hairdo, a type of carpet, a bird, a dance and of course a root!! And then of course there is Austin Tashus with 'shagadelic' - the mind boggles.

Any further questions can be posed but no lessons given!!!

Today I was good!!!

Prawns (shrimp) for dinner - yummo!!! Too hot to cook a meal - jealous???? How cold is it where you live anyway???
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 00:53
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default The Truth Revealed!

Ah HA! That's EXACTLY what I thought they meant... but was too afraid to presume. I tend to have me mind in the gutter a lot... and I'm too new here to be TOO obvious about that! Sheeit... we're all EXPOSED here. Might as well go all the way, eh? Well... almost.

Thanks for the official definitions, Wendye!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 04:10

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Re: The Truth Revealed!

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol CA
I tend to have me mind in the gutter a lot...

Well Carol you will fit right in with all of us, cause gutter it is......... And sometimes a little further than that.. right girls... and boys......

Atkid.. You'll see when asugar comes to finally visit and join us.. she is the front butt queen though like Wendye said she uses the term a little different she would surely not wanna lose that one right asugar ...

I am going to make an appointment for the gym trainer to meet with me starting Jan. 1, I did make an appointment to talk about training for the Marathon in June in Hawaii.. so that will help the old weight loss too.. I still have not decided if I am running or walking the Marathon..

well tootles for now, heading for my journal........

hugs
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 05:16

BF:

Oh Atkid!!!! Vivi - I get the other meaning of front butt now!!!!

I just call it 'the shelf' - cos everything seems to collect there when I am eating

Carol CA - feel free to say anything here - as you can see anything goes !!!! Just hope the lbs do too!!!