Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-18, 11:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default The Dental Diet , book by Dr. Steven Lin

This is the second most important book I have ever read!! DANDR will always be number one-- as it showed me the way to low carb and good health.
I could not find the way to better oral health as any dental office I have experienced generally deals with fixing dental problems, rather than preventing them. My questions in this vein fell on deaf ears. HERE , in this book, are the answers I have been looking for.

The subtitle, " The Surpising Link between Your Teeth, Real Food and Life",
only hints at the vast information packed into this easy to read format that delves into studies and loaded with explanatory diagrams about the failure of our modern diet in dental health, the gateway to total body health, and how to reclaim a healthy jaw and healthy teeth via a number of methods that primarily depends on a low carb diet based on vegetables and meats.

The structure of the jaw, which also affects the breathing airway, is well developed when the body is well nourished with sufficient fat-soluable vitamins including K2, sufficient fiber for chewing and gut microbes, using his restructured pyramid; and suprizingly, the epidemic of poorly developed jaws and facial structure and teeth decay can be stopped.

Definitely written to pull all the SAD eaters in to a new way of eating. Though not as LC as most of us low carbers prefer, clearly the food options can easily fit most low carbers.

WOW!! A must read if you want better oral health for yourself, your children, and your children's children.

https://www.amazon.com/Dental-Diet-...g/dp/1401953174

From the above--
Quote:

Dr. Steven Lin, an experienced dentist and the world’s first dental nutritionist, has analyzed our ancestral traditions, epigenetics, gut health, and the microbiome in order to develop food-based principles for a literal top-down holistic health approach. Merging dental and nutritional science, Dr. Lin lays out the dietary program that can help ensure you won’t need dental fillings or cholesterol medications—and give you the resources to raise kids who develop naturally straight teeth. With our mouth as the gatekeeper of our gut, keeping our oral microbiome balanced will create a healthy body through a healthy mouth.

This book floored me. A wake up call to all parents that dental care starts with proper nutrition, foods that exercise the jaw and nutrients that build strong bones and strong teeth. Teeth have the ability to heal---what a concept!!
Sponsored Links