Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/249/220 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Will you remember?

How much of todays music will any of us ever remember? Will you be singing Blue Cantrell songs in 5 years time. I put the Whitesnake tape on a remembered most of the words and songs like it was yesterday. At a push I could write down the lyrics to 'Bat' right now.

S Club were easy on the eye but not so great on the ear!!

The girl I am trying to push looks and sounds a little like Avril Lavinne. Now she is'nt too bad so my work is easier.

I would love to put a group of guitarists together that do acoustic versions of classic rock ballads etc. Will try soon. It will just be for the pub curcuit but if it ever happens Kelly, Christine and everybody else will have VIPs for the first gig!!

Tony
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Tony - damn, I like you even more now nothing better than going along and making a major ass out of yourself, it all adds to the enjoyment!

Iron Maiden and AC/DC were my first rock faves, Saxon I still love (the Denim and Leather tape is still on top of my collection )

Growing up a lot of my family friends worked in the music biz so I got into gigs for free, my 16th birthday prezzie (it was nov 10, night before my 16th) was all access to Bon Jovi at Sheffield, that was so much fun!!!!

Tony - thanks for letting us know, I was really curious as another self-employed person (I work on the 'net)

Oooops, nearly responded to a music thread without also pointing out that I'm also a Bowie nut lol
  #153   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:04
Registered Member

BF:
Default Lets all go

Next time there is a goog concert at the NEC etc. we shoud buy tickets and meet up. It would be fun to meet some of the people we are talking to. What do you reckon?

Tony
  #154   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:04

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

count me in tony!!!!
  #155   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:07

BF:

Hell, I might even travel the 300 miles plus just to meet up and listen to some good rock!
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:08

BF:
Progress:

good on ya kelly.BTW,we,ve got tickets for fleetwood mac for november.this is the first time they,ve sang together for 15 years!
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:15
Registered Member

BF:
Default Funny what you remember

I will never forget this night.

We were at the Royal Standard in walthamsot. Each saturday there was a heavy rock disco. The place was jammed full of Hell Angels and the such like and it was never a place for the faint hearted.

This was the saturday after Phil Lynott died and up on the screen comes him playing with Gary Moore. If you could have seen the amount of man mountains blubbing their hearts out. Not your conventional touching moment but wow it was an experience!!

I'll start looking around for some gigs and post the details. Christine seems best for this though with the amount of concerts she goes to.

Tony
  #158   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:18

BF:

Oh, Parisienne walkways and empty Rooms, both touch the heart every time!
  #159   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:22

BF:
Progress:

i,m on the mailing lists for a lot of ticket agents so i get to know whats on quite a while before the tickets go on sale.would hate to miss anything.
  #160   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:26
Registered Member

BF:
Default It's amazing

You know they say that the internet is ruining communities and such like. Well I would disagree. I came on the forum to talk to people that understood I was doing a low carb lifestyle. A bit of support etc. I have now found a group of people who between them have something in common to nearly every interest that I have. How good is that!!

So what is it you do Kelly on the net? Let me know.

I'm off to bed now so see you all in the morning. Not very rock and roll but I need my sleep.

Tony
  #161   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:32

BF:
Progress:

night night tony.
  #162   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:35

BF:

Tony, I do advertising and marketing on the internet (at least that's my job description lol), I work freelance and build websites getting paid on commision, I also write story content for everyone from Mills & Boon to the *ahem* more hardcore sites!
  #163   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:08

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyuk
Tony, I do advertising and marketing on the internet (at least that's my job description lol), I work freelance and build websites getting paid on commision, I also write story content for everyone from Mills & Boon to the *ahem* more hardcore sites!

LMAO really????? Love it!! How on earth did you get into that?
I've always said i could do one of those dirty chat lines thing. £1.50 a minute ha no sweat. Just don't know how to get started though.
  #164   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:18

BF:

Ebbie, if you have a kinky mind you can make money from the most mundane things - honest!

If you work on the Internet then everyone knows that the *adult* industry pays more!
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-03, 01:23
Registered Member

BF:
Default Silouette books

Kelly

Do you ever write for the siloette book series (excuse my spelling). These are what my wife reads all the time which allows me to sneak off and talk on here. She loves them.

I have sort of built a web site and it is hosted with brittnet. They are ment to be helping me market it. Who do you work for. Perhaps you may be able to help me with my internet marketing at some point.

Ebbie

Form the comments and posts I have seen from you, I reckon you could earn a fortune with chat lines etc.!!!

Kelly

I've just thought. You were saying I was the one that had it on the brain. I don't know, that does'nt sound quite right now.

Christine & Lynda, This should take your minds offf chocolate, lets all send in dirty stories to give Kelly insiration!!! Would have to pm them though or the moderators would have a fit!!HA,HA.

My sister, her husband and my two nephews turned up in the middle of the night. They are staying for a couple of days while their house is being worked on. Best go because it is getting nutty here.

See you soon.

Tony