Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-21, 16:23

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Great results, iceberg!

If you have unlimited, you will be glad to know Marty is working hard on revising the Masterclass for 2021 to make it less daunting. And there are two more DDFs this year…looking at my year in review I think I more consistently lose weight with DDF.

Yes, I have unlimited for both DDF and MC. It was a no brainer for me. I like the community and think it helps me to push on tho I'm not a real active poster I do read a lot of what is there.

I really haven't given MC a fair shot, I let it overwhelm me, but feel I'm in a better place mentally this time to last the 6 weeks.

I've lost a bit over 16 lbs from 3 DDFs and nada on MC...lol. Total weight lost since 26 Jan is now 27.5 lbs. I've set a target and still have 50 to 60 lbs to go.
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-21, 12:09

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Iceberg (and your alter-ego on Facebook)...how are you doing with Masterclass this time? I am getting into it more, just not doing two programs at the same time is a big help, and not moderating this class since I'm not sure what I am doing yet. I hit another low weight this morning by a half pound, so something is sinking in. I like the new meal plans!! they are great even though I am not sure how to use Dropbox and get them to where the recipes open directly through a hyper-link. I will try to use more recipes this time. I've spent most of this morning fiddling with these apps, and spent some time adding old weights to my records in the apps so my graphs are more complete.
  #303   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-21, 13:40

Quote:
Iceberg (and your alter-ego on Facebook)...how are you doing with Masterclass this time? I am getting into it more, just not doing two programs at the same time is a big help, and not moderating this class since I'm not sure what I am doing yet. I hit another low weight this morning by a half pound, so something is sinking in. I like the new meal plans!! they are great even though I am not sure how to use Dropbox and get them to where the recipes open directly through a hyper-link. I will try to use more recipes this time. I've spent most of this morning fiddling with these apps, and spent some time adding old weights to my records in the apps so my graphs are more complete.

Down 3.1 lbs...

I'm eating mostly once per day, but not getting enough protein in. I'm really not hungry enough to eat twice. So, I've updated my macros in Chrono to reflect this past week's eating and will still eat my main meal midday, like noonish, with the majority of my protein, then force myself to eat like a protein goodie, like the strawberries with protein pwdr and cottage cheese or greek yogurt, or maybe that pumpkin one. That brings me up to 86 on my score and bumps up my protein from 60 to 90's.

I guess I'm not seeing the recipes you are referring to. I'll have to go back and look around.

d
  #304   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-21, 13:52

Quote:
I like the new meal plans!! they are great even though I am not sure how to use Dropbox and get them to where the recipes open directly through a hyper-link. I will try to use more recipes this time.

Okay...hadn't read the FB today. Found the link. I downloaded the meal plan, then when you click on those items, it opens in a browser. This is similar to Diet Dr's sort of challenges they used to have from time to time...they have the meals, you click and get the recipe. It's not geered toward the nutrition but to macros.

I'm thinking I may try the wheatgrass and lime smoothie...Most of these meals I won't try. Maybe slaw and Wild salmon... I don't think the soup would curb my hunger but may give that a try. The rest...nope...

Yesterday I went thru a bunch on NO Lab and favorited the ones I was willing to try. Not sure how that will help my nutrient piece, but at this point, I want to finish losing the excess and then settle into a nutrtion piece. I'm finding it hard to do both at the same time. I need to find meals that I can get all my nutrition in one meal. Eating twice now makes me miserable.

At my age, there is only so much change left in me. I've dieted all my life...this I hope is more of a way of living for me.......

Okay, just found there are more than the Immunity meal plans to check out.......so maybe I will find some meals I like........thanks for mentioning here.

I've found some in 1. Fat loss, 4. Blood sugar, 6. P:E, 7. Keto, 16. Egg/dairy free and 18. Meat

d

Last edited by Iceberg : Sun, Aug-22-21 at 14:20.
  #305   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-21, 14:19

Can anyone tell me how to prepare asparagus? I've tried a few times and most of it is not edible, too tough. I'd like to add that veggie to my favorites, but can't seem to figure out how to prepare it. I had a bunch in my hand this morning and put it back as I figured it was a waste of money and time.

I've baked and stir fried. I've snapped off the woody ends per a video I watched. Any help would be much appreciated.

d
  #306   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-21, 15:13

So far there are 21 Meal Plans posted! All are in Guide 10 so you don’t have to scroll through a FB timeline. With 525 members there is a lot of activity in a day. Each meal plan has about 21 meals whose ingredients match the cookbook title. Fat Loss book gives you lean seafood proteins and veg…not much added fat, etc.
Egg white is another way to add protein.

I don’t take much time with cooking…know I should break off bottom of asparagus, but I cut off the bottom 1-2 inches from the whole bunch with a knife, whatever feels tough. Place stalks in a large skillet with a cover, a small amount of water to effectively "steam" them, and not overcooked. Test for "all dente" by trying a stalk, maybe 5-6 minutes. Serve with a little olive oil or butter.
I also like any vegetable oven roasted, but that is more work. A mix of asparagus, pepper strips, zucchini slices, roasted in a hot oven. First covered with olive oil so they carmelize. I haven’t tried it yet…but maybe can cover with an oil spray to lower the fats.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Aug-23-21 at 02:07.
  #307   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-21, 06:31

Marty is still loading more Menu Plans into the NO Masterclass, with links directly to the recipe. Now more "special diets". May not need to lose weight but have sensitivities. Latest menus are Low Oxalate, Low histamine, Low Fodmap, AIP, and Low Fat.
  #308   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-21, 18:51

I think I'll keep one foot in the NO MC and go back to DDF. I've regained some of my loss and frankly I just can't eat enough to meet the nutrition goals and lose weight. I'll still look at the meal plans, recipes, etc, and go back to one meal a day with as much nutrition as I can pack in and not worry anymore. I was consistently losing and now I'm not...
  #309   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-21, 02:47

I also found that whole half pound loss I had, but still bouncing around a new low. Two people said I looked "skinny" this week…not a word ever used before for someone 5’9” and 225. I think the daily intense water aerobics is having some effect of slimming down the fluffy parts that remain. But I took a new photo yesterday for the next challenge, 3 months from the one used in my profile here… and it's another 5 pounds down.

I have lost more weight with DDF than the Masterclass too, but need two meals a day and enjoy learning about the micronutrients and what they do to add to satiety for lower calories. Do you still wait for your trigger? I don’t test often, but yesterday it was exactly my trigger of 90. Maybe I have learned how to sense hunger and BG?

You have a good plan to combine the two programs as best you can, there are other members still doing OMAD most days. In the first two MC I continued to eat according to Dr Naiman's https://www.lowenergydiet.com/ and to add protein powder to yogurt which doesn’t even count the last week, but Scores were 80-90s. Way healthier than my previous low carb menu.
  #310   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 05:03

A good summary article of the Pros and Cons of all the different ways to Guide Weight Loss.

https://optimisingnutrition.com/why...tabolic-health/

Conclusion…Pre-meal Glucose works… and the next DDF Challenge starts Oct 9th. Last one of the year starts the weekend before US Thanksgiving, but using pre-meal BG kept me on my slow path to weight loss last year. That's when I reached my first healthy BMI goal after a decade of not doing so with LCHF, I enjoyed the holidays, and got right back on track after New Year's. Metabolic Flexibility is another long term goal, https://optimisingnutrition.com/met...en-it-needs-it/, one I hope comes along with more resistance training.

My one year story summarized by Marty Kendall.https://optimisingnutrition.com/jul...ing/#more-24982

Although I hit a new low weight this morning…by 2/10 of a pound , I am back to my usual pattern of not losing much on NO Masterclass, but the nutrition information is worth it.

What is Nutrient Density:

https://optimisingnutrition.com/nut...101/#more-12093

"People following a low carb diet typically get less vitamin K1, folate, calcium, Vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium while they will be getting plenty of vitamin B12 and amino acids shown toward the bottom of this chart." In addition, I was low on Selenium and Zinc, two of the 11 nutrients important for thyroid health. (Further down in this article, nutrients needed for a number of conditions)

Want more nutritious recipes?…OptimisingNutrition has Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter…all those social media platforms I had no interest in joining. The recipes do look yummy when you see them there.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Sep-17-21 at 06:50.
  #311   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 10:42

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Pre-meal Glucose works… and the next DDF Challenge starts Oct 9th. Last one of the year starts the weekend before US Thanksgiving, but using pre-meal BG kept me on my slow path to weight loss last year. That's when I reached my first healthy BMI goal after a decade of not doing so with LCHF, I enjoyed the holidays, and got right back on track after New Year's. Metabolic Flexibility is another long term goal, https://optimisingnutrition.com/met...en-it-needs-it/, one I hope comes along with more resistance training.

My one year story summarized by Marty Kendall.https://optimisingnutrition.com/jul...ing/#more-24982

Although I hit a new low weight this morning…by 2/10 of a pound , I am back to my usual pattern of not losing much on NO Masterclass, but the nutrition information is worth it.

Great summary of your story, Janet (Julia) . . . As a frequent visitor here, I have benefited in tracking your experiences as you've progressed through your nutritional journey. It's been illuminating to witness and to share valuable ideas in energy consumption and nutrient density.

Religiously following a prescribed diet ignores the prospect of metabolic flexibility that is possible when measuring how one reacts to foods based on blood glucose changes. This goes for any WOE, as we should be able to take breaks, and be free to explore different types of foods occasionally. It only works if you're in touch with your own metabolism and know how you respond to foods and how to get back to what is normal for you. Today, I have a much broader range of foods I consume and some I occasionally allow; however, I never consume sweets or desserts or sugar-laden stuff, as I know from experience what my results will be.
  #312   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 08:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Great summary of your story, Janet (Julia)

Yes! Health is always a goal we can constantly refine as we learn more.
  #313   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 17:25

Well, I'm down 5.2 lbs from the start of the NO MC. I went back to DDF rules and the bit I gained while on MC I lost again and then more. So it looks like I consistently lose 5 to 6 lbs per DDF.

I'm closing in on wonderland...4.8 lbs to go! Hope to get there by mid October. I've signed up for the next DDF that starts 9 Oct.

So I'm down 33 lbs since 26 Jan. Shooting for another 50 and will go from there.

d
  #314   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 19:31

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I'm in for Oct 9th too. See you there
  #315   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-21, 10:33

Iceberg…wow, Onederland and 33 pounds since Jan 26th! That's impressive, I hope you share your success story on the Facebook groups. Definitely when you hit Onederland. Look forward to seeing you and Thud in October.

I am getting tired of the NO Masterclass, the last week always short-circuits me. I was explaining to my husband last night, that when we find and add the needed nutrients, the app then gives a whole bunch more to chase. He thought it unfair and suggested I stop today. But then I hit a new low this morning! Have "only" lost 2.6 pounds since the first day of Masterclass, but every little half pound down is a weight I have not seen in over 40 years.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Sep-24-21 at 04:14.