Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-19, 05:42

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

We have awesome moderators, which goes a long way towards making this such a welcoming community.

I have been here since 2003 (started under adkpam but lost that login email) and I credit this forum for so much support and information during a life-threatening health crisis. It has lasted for years and only now is resolving.

In fact, it was discussions on these forums that are still helping me as I do a ketogenic diet for autoimmune, sharing their experiences and helping me understand what my body was telling me as I went the lowest carb I have ever been: with wonderful results.

We hardy “pioneers” were among the few who were actually “living the dream.” This made members an incredible resource to share our experiences and help each other succeed.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-19, 07:29
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Yesterday I stumbled across what I view as my most valuable strategy.
This forum is a given. Without it I'd have nobody to be accountable to.
However, for what it's worth, my new signature expresses my most valuable strategy.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-19, 07:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
my new signature expresses my most valuable strategy.

It's a great one.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-19, 08:26

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Yesterday I stumbled across what I view as my most valuable strategy.
This forum is a given. Without it I'd have nobody to be accountable to.
However, for what it's worth, my new signature expresses my most valuable strategy.

I call it radical self-honesty.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 04:17

Plan: Keto, LC, IF
Stats: 231/220/165 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_man
A new strategy for me has been combining LCHF with IF.

Agreed. The structure of time restricted eating has helped me create good eating habits. I was already just having a meal replacement shake for breakfast, so have swapped this out for BPC at about 9am.

My husband is not yet ready to give up carbohydrates but he is starting to improve his eating habits with 16:8. (He is becoming more motivated as he sees me lose weight and jump out of bed in the morning with lots of energy.)
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 07:31

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

BKLOOTS thanks for starting this thread. You are absolutely right!

I have noticed that when I fall off the lo carb wagon, I do not visit this forum - BUT when I get serious I come back for advice from all you who have stuck to it. I admire you so much!

I have been on other forums too - Jimmy Moore, Protein Power - they no longer exist. A shame. When I had my first major weight loss on low carb, I went to as many forums as I could. I needed all the support and suggestions I could get.

I am so grateful this forum is still here.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 08:36

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good day to revisit this thread. I, too, consider this forum as part of the foundation of everything I do to achieve good health. This is the only forum I frequent regularly, and it's due to the quality of the people here willing to share information in a respectful way. Unusual that so many express similar thoughts? Yes, considering some of the other places I've visited. But when you have the opportunity to visit here on good or bad days and always receive thoughtful and informed advice or links to high quality information, why wouldn't frequenting this forum become a healthy habit?

Happy New Year, and thanks to all who continue to invest in this collective digital relationship and contribute to the wonderful dynamic we have here.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 09:01

BF:

The holidays let me take extra time off and formulate strategies for the new year:
  • Rotating meat through the freezer compartment is a great way to deal with winter.
  • Two chunks of 4 hour sleep is worth getting to bed stupidly early.
  • Priorty and efficiency are better uses of my time than fretting over what went undone. This is how I mess up how I eat, and that messes up everything else.
  • There is no substitute for FEELING GOOD.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 14:42
Doing My Best

Yes, this forum.

I wish there were somehow a way to search my journal so I don't keep repeating my mistakes. Presently, I know/remember how dangerous dairy is to my maintenance. But in a few months I may add it back into my Plan, then repeat the whole cycle.

So I guess my most valuable LC strategy is to stop myself from repeating mistakes.

Is that really a strategy?
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 15:06

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I wish there were somehow a way to search my journal so I don't keep repeating my mistakes. Presently, I know/remember how dangerous dairy is to my maintenance. But in a few months I may add it back into my Plan, then repeat the whole cycle.

At the top right of the page while viewing any open forum thread, you can click Thread Tools and then select Show Printable Version. That will give you a single page version of the entire thread that you can save either as HTML or as plain text for reviewing offline if you wish.

(I may or may not have done this myself with my own journal a few times over the years... )
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 19:44

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Occasionally I come across some good insight that resonates with me and then notice that I was the one who wrote it 10-14 yrs ago. LOL. Though I am an n=1, I've tried over a 100 diets over the past 50 years, and the one thing that works is remarkably consistent (Atkins Induction / keto with no grains, legumes or dairy, now aided by IF). And visiting this site regularly is what keeps me on track.

Last edited by deirdra : Wed, Jan-01-20 at 19:55.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 20:22
Doing My Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Occasionally I come across some good insight that resonates with me and then notice that I was the one who wrote it 10-14 yrs ago. LOL. Though I am an n=1, I've tried over a 100 diets over the past 50 years, and the one thing that works is remarkably consistent (Atkins Induction / keto with no grains, legumes or dairy, now aided by IF). And visiting this site regularly is what keeps me on track.

Wow! This is an echo chamber.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 21:27

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

#LowCarber.org
#I’veGotFriendsInLowCarbPlaces

This forum is definitely my strongest strategy. My pauses correlate to times I’m not active on this site - even just lurking. Conversely, I stay on track more when I visit this site every day.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 21:45

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

This is a great forum that only gets better with age. I joined in maybe 2009 with my husband. Husband is gone but I still come back when I have time for my health. I always liked that this forum was about health primarily and weight loss secondly. I have never been thin but I am 20 years younger now than when I was 20 years old and I can directly attribute that to all of the amazing wisdom I found here.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 06:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
At the top right of the page while viewing any open forum thread, you can click Thread Tools and then select Show Printable Version. That will give you a single page version of the entire thread that you can save either as HTML or as plain text for reviewing offline if you wish.

(I may or may not have done this myself with my own journal a few times over the years... )

THANKS SO MUCH this is so useful!