Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-24, 17:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I love big storms but hate that high winds that comes with them sometimes, does get scary. we have big issues with trees on overhead power lines here, more worse in our ice storms tho for losing power

glad your knee is treating you better hope that continues for ya

Jazz, ya wore out your poochie LOL sunburn and beach and all that, I know you loved it!!!

yea the allergies are tough.....I was fine til I went and mowed just the back part near my Morton horse barn and within 1 hr I lost my voice. can barely speak and clogged.....omg but ya know hubby loves when my voices goes HA ugh

Nicco.........the 15th IS NOT OVER JUST YET.....GOT TIL MIDNIGHT LOL Hope all is ok!!

-----------got kiddos new queen memory foam bed installed.
she had good bday at Uni. out to eat at cheesecake factory and got a bday cheesecake to bring back to dorm. Went hiking with her roomie and they swam a bit at the waterfall swimming hole, she sent pic to me, damn nice but the watering hole at that big at the base of a small waterfall so more like wading? plus April in Mts the water had to be sub below zero LOL but she had a good day

I am just head clogged. nothing more to report

dumpster comes tomorrow at 8am. hubby to be there. then we got 7 days to fill it etc....so this crap starts I guess....boo

ok chat up later, just not feeling it, the typing part LOL
be good all
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 06:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Tuesday Morning!

I have my "recovery" day off and I am already thinking about all I want to do. LOL

Trig- URghhhhh on the hoarder house clean up. Sorry! Use a mask and open up windows if you can get to a window! I would hate for ya to get sick. Although it seems your head is a clogged mess from grass. Are you allergic to mowed grass???

Ya you and I lost that "baby" bet- the 11 & 15th have come and gone!!! WTH?!?!?!?- LOLOL Poor momma! LOL

Speaking of birthdays, sounds like the "kiddo" enjoyed hers. No more collage drama?? The mean girls club is a real deal thing. I can tell you it doesn't EVER go away in a workplace. I love working remote for a reason!

Did you get your RV all fixed up? All that????? LOL

Lori- You playing today? Back to your routine? Sounds like just when you get all ready to tackle the knee it got better! Way to roll that one!

Speaking of all that, the doctor who bought B house....... Did he fix it up or anything? I have wondered what he was going to do with such a big historic house.

Nic- I am feeling for your poor DD! Anytime now! LOL I know you are anxious. I would think they would induce about now. It has to be BIG by now!
Bets on size? I am now going with 8.5 pounds.
Keep us posted. I am thinking about ya'll!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

To do List for today
oil change!
car wash
stop by DS house to see new furniture - quick stop
UPS store

Roasted Chicken I had Spatchcocked.- to get seasoned and popped in oven. It is the BEST way to make an entire chicken. So juicy when you put butter under the skin! YES PLEASE

Open windows, crank music, and enjoy a summer like day for the few hours left! - Back to the GRIND tomorrow. Insert sad face!

That is it for here. Errands and relaxing -
I bought some Rum for Charleston and never opened it. I have some for here! I might crack that bottle. It is Captain Morgan Spiced rum. I add it over ice and a touch of Pellegrino for fizzzzz

Rock on kids!
  #378   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 09:05

BF:

rv, no call yet on extras they might have fuond that costs me more LOL but they are backlogged so waiting on that.....another possible shoot me later scenario HAHA

---------------SO GET THIS, kiddo got her Fed grant for her Uni like we did last yr, same this yr then she gets another document sent to her.........in FRENCH. she sends me a french scripted additional fed grant screenshot and she says 'so I don't hit accept the loans?'

OK WHAT DO YA'll think here LOL

I say f no don't accept nothing give me time, is this from WCU billing/grant page or just something you got or ?? hell no omg

so a day later and me busy now I get a text

I changed my phone to French.

WTF? So I say are ya nuts and then said I need time to hit into WCU financial page and scope it all out.........real more grant money or some 'take the fed grant loan' extra which we don't want?????????

DOES ANYONE NEED THIS CRAP in their lives when busy?

the gun cabinet for hubbys hunting is looking better and better to me right now....bad joke but yea......tired......ugh but OK obviosly, my type of humor

igh

no time, off I go
  #379   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 09:45

BF:

Hummmmmm Maybe a grant?!?!?!?!?!? I would check before ya accept anything........... you will!
  #380   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 11:05

BF:

oh yea I will Jazz but we got dumpster delivered, hubby wanted home to eat so we are chillin' for a bit before the bigger BS starts
but I think we came out poorer on tax papers last yr then any other yr so, IF KID DID not put her phone to French? I mighta took this serious........ok check later, too much goin' down right now

crazy times
  #381   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 12:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

I can't believe I forgot to post this morning! I had to get ready for golf a bit earlier today, so my morning just got away from me. Beautiful day on the course.....now I'm off until Saturday. Stuff to do for the next couple days...all good.

Some financial stuff we have to deal with on Friday. We had an appointment etc. and then DH comes in and says he can't make it at that time. ARGHHH!!! Just called the financial guy and he said if we can come at 9AM, he can do it before he has to be somewhere else. It is date sensitive, so has to be done on Friday. Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, DH comes in and throws a kink into the system!

---------

Nic.....Still waiting for that baby news!!!

Trig......Good luck with the dumpster and all that mess. It'll get done somehow...one step at a time.

Jaz.....I'm sure it'll be tough to get back in the work grind after a few wonderful beach days.

----------

That's it from here. Crab cakes on the menu tonight. I buy them frozen at Aldi and just saute them once thawed. They're really quite good. I'll make some rice for DH and some air fryer Brussels sprouts for me.

Later!
  #382   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 18:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Checking in a bit on the late side this evening. Had a very nice day, seven mile hike that sort of kicked my butt and then dinner out w/ DH , K and B. I think K is pretty darn close- she was having some contractions, lower back pain etc. She has an appt tomorrow. Bella also has an appt to get her eye checked in the morning, just to see how it's coming along.
Hugs, all. More tmrw unless I can't!
  #383   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-24, 20:59

BF:

NICCO!!!! was thinking only baby news and forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU on the thread

have a fun day and continue on babywatch 2024!!
  #384   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-24, 04:41

BF:

Good Morning!

I missed the birthday too!!! Hope it was the happiest Nic!

Had a good time playing golf yesterday.....no more of that until Saturday. The weather was beautiful! The weekend will be cooler, but we'll still be out there.

Today DH will go to work for the morning and I'm just going to putter around doing laundry and making a grocery store run. My cleaning lady will come around Noon and I'll clear out to Starbucks or something so I'm not underfoot. I do want to talk to her about some special cleaning products I want her to use on the new floor etc., and then I'll take off.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight. I'm not feeling it. I'd like to go out, but I'm really trying to keep my calories on the low side. It's a conundrum for sure.

Have a great day everyone!
  #385   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-24, 05:39

BF:

Nic- - OMG I got baby fever too! I truly hope you had a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!!
You get your own post here!!!!!!!

Did you do anything special? You said you have been walking and chillin! Did hubby take you to dinner or anything?

Celebrate all week!
  #386   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-24, 06:13

BF:

Lori, not feeling going out to eat. So get that. we got rainy kinda day but it said to be clearing later.

Jazz update when ya can.

Nicco.....waiting on babywatch 2024, hope all is going well for you guys

----------gonna head over to MILs later to do some cleanout. let me tell ya, this ain't gonna go fast and easy at all LOL pain in the azz to the ultimate. just swallow it down and do it right? bleck

got ribeye steak and a lb. of shrimp for today. that should do it

everything going ok so far with everyone but kiddo again hit me up. Get a text.....I need a huge favor. Can I have a huge favor? hell at this point I don't even wanna text back LOL Yea, a picture of a cat with kittens shows up....I want a kitten! to adopt a kitten! My fast response, hell no, forget it, don't ask again.
THIS IS NOT the time for a new pet in the family. Ugh

ok gotta get a move on ---boo---be good all
  #387   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-24, 07:17

BF:

Good Morning!

I am back to the grind to keep the lights on! One of these days that Lotto ticket is going to come through! LOLOLOL ROFL ..... yeah..... I play like twice a month. I spend all of 4 bucks! WHOOT over the top!

Nic- Hope you had a wonderful Birthday! I know you are living your best life right now! I am so happy for you. That is all we can ask for right?!?!?!?
Keep us posted!

Lori-
Yum on those crab cakes.

Trig- Hiya- Hope you get done today what ya need. I know clearing out a house a so intensive! -
-------------------------------------------------------

Totally ran out of time- I need to drive to Columbia today- 2.5 each way for work. NOT A FAN-

Later
  #388   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-24, 11:06

BF:

Jazz you driving that far for work? 2.5 hrs one way for what?
wow ain't a fan of that as I know you ain't either LOL safe trip

--------------SO GET THIS AND horrible.
we started at back side door near washer/dryer on enclosed back porch to open up that area for more travel.........tons of clothes piled up there.

we got top handled a bit-----don't even ask how the ICK was making me at this point truly -----and we get toward bottom and hubby shovels in a pile and a friggin' gazillion ants surface. Right into a monster nest inside the house!!!!!!!!

So I freak. done deal here right? hell yea

so home now while hubby hits store for massive bug/ant killer chem crap to handle this and I am floored we barely touched an ounce of what has to go down and this is what we encounter? WORSE FROM HERE? I BET MY LAST DAMN DOLLAR TRULY IT WILL GET WORSE and I tell ya, if it does, I am telling hubby do it alone or hire a 'real hazmat' company and crew. I will be so over it cause hell I am SO OVER it right now

I can't tell ya the thoughts running thru my head right now.

and GWT THIS TOO, water was shut off and we tried it back on and nothing.....hubby checked the well and massive crack in top pipe so water is gonzo. He called plumber guy that works on it all the time.

Again, SO OVER, damn straight I am and we didn't get jack really done at all.

OH AND GET THIS ALSO----another possible big kill me.
that singlewide trailer and acres that is 1/2 owned by MIL and her Sis Sarah, he called Dennis her son, (they get along great) and que'd him in on selling it and Dennis agreed, but hubby gets a text this morning----Dennis said talked to Momma and you will have to call her directly. I am out of this entire situation.-----------HUH???

so I say to hubby WTF? and he says well Sarah is nuts and I said I know that but how bad is it with Dennis, he says OH HE hates her---???----huh?? I never knew this to this level? omg

so I told hubby text back to Dennis what did he discuss with Sarah so at least we know what the hell we are gonna be dealing with. Key being it is either forced sale or she pays 1/2 fair market value to own it herself.........so this might be a family trainwreck coming down the line. (I never knew Dennis was like this with him Momma? But hubby told me a few things and I knew of them but never heard of the part where Dennis is in a state of leaving her by the wayside etc and not getting involved anymore with her? UGH I tell ya, like a friggin' hole in the head

when this goes down between The Chop and Sarah I will let ya all know the crazy of it, I am sure it will be frightening in some way. (Sarah is worse hoarder than MIL, if you can believe that)

over and out GAWD

so reading this, does it makes everyone's life seem a TAD BIT great right now vs. the crazy going on here HA HA I hope so, value the good great days vs the stupid that is evolving around me right now

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, Apr-17-24 at 11:16.
  #389   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-24, 03:54

BF:

me first?

so starting to get ready to head out later, told hubby to go ahead first......see smart me, I want to take my own car over LOL

that way IF I AM going to jump ship I have my own car for escaping yes me sneaky that way.

no telling what nightmare awaits. hubby did put down the bug sprays and all that so HE CAN GO over first and inspect it all before I go. Send in the first line for the intitial attack to save the rear officers I am holding back til he gets there and I call him for an all clear............yea right like all clear my azz LOL

ok, let the nightmare day begin

chat up later guys
  #390   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-24, 04:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Another rainy, blah day here. Do we have an actual birth-day to celebrate today Nic????? I know things were happening and now we're anxious for news!

I get a hair cut this afternoon and have to stop at the grocery store for a few things....that's my day. DH has a dinner meeting, so I don't have to worry about dinner for him. I need to get some exercise today as yesterday I did zero. It'll either be a walk or a Pahla B. video.....depending on the weather.

-------

Trig......OMG.....I can only imagine the mess you are dealing with. No telling what kind of critters you will uncover!

Jaz.....I'm sure you had a LONG day yesterday. That's a lot of time on the road!

Nic.....Can't wait to hear all about it!!

-------

Bye!