Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2251   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 08:55

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I met my mini goal #1, and am under 295 by average as of today. I am looking forward to getting back into the 280s.

Today's meals:

breakfast - just had coffee with 1 oz. half and half.

lunch: 2 eggs over easy with 1 cm jones pork patty, 1 large mushroom, all cooked in 1 tsp. butter (except the pork patty) with 1 slice cheese melted over all.

rm will be: 2 cups mixed spring greens with a scallion, 1 serving Bolt Blue Cheese yogurt dressing. 2 Amylu Kale/Mozzarella/Chicken burgers with 1 cup rice, 1/4 cup of a keto homemade alfredo sauce (cm), and splurging with a zero carb (net carbs) sesame bagel with 2 tsp. butter. 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.

*counting carbs, and doing net carbs is NOT a part of cad or calp, this is my choice for my weight loss.
Sponsored Links
  #2252   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 13:20

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Fantastic Patricia, You'll fly through those those mini-goals before you know it.
Think your a 'take no prisoners' type person;

I'm trying to be more like this too.

Those low carb bagels sound delicious and so versatile also i imagine.
We don't really have anything like that available here.
If it causes no cravings then why the hell not?

At the moment i cannot consider myself 'on-plan'...but i am 'carb conscious' if that makes sense...

Ahh i want to get back to the good old days of being properly on plan again i think. Still haven't tracked down that that elusive celeriac yet.
  #2253   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-19, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Fantastic Patricia, You'll fly through those those mini-goals before you know it.
Think your a 'take no prisoners' type person;

I'm trying to be more like this too.

Those low carb bagels sound delicious and so versatile also i imagine.
We don't really have anything like that available here.
If it causes no cravings then why the hell not?

At the moment i cannot consider myself 'on-plan'...but i am 'carb conscious' if that makes sense...

Ahh i want to get back to the good old days of being properly on plan again i think. Still haven't tracked down that that elusive celeriac yet.

I think I will leave the bagels to dh - he likes to have a breakfast sandwich on the days he eats, and I have been making him a keto 90 second mug bread that toasts up like an english muffin. I found the bagel to have nice chew, but it's not got enough flavor, even with butter, to do it for me.

You know, you would think the memory of being a normal weight just 3-4 years ago would be enough, or the realization that overcarbing = horrific arthritis flareups in my knees, or being diagnosed with cancer and knowing that carbs and sugar aren't my best choices when dealing with tumors I'd like to have NOT come back in my bladder. Nope...I did this, this time, for Lent, and I will parlay the control I've gained going forward into considering that if I won't take care of my body for me, I should remember I'm not alone, and I owe this body care and respect.
  #2254   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-19, 16:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
You know, you would think the memory of being a normal weight just 3-4 years ago would be enough, or the realization that overcarbing = horrific arthritis flareups in my knees, or being diagnosed with cancer and knowing that carbs and sugar aren't my best choices when dealing with tumors I'd like to have NOT come back in my bladder. Nope...I did this, this time, for Lent, and I will parlay the control I've gained going forward into considering that if I won't take care of my body for me, I should remember I'm not alone, and I owe this body care and respect.

Agreed Patricia, think its digging deep like this that really lays the foundation and determination going forward.
You so deserve the utmost care and respect especially at such a hard time as you're experiencing.

I tried making out a list too about all the positive outcomes if i do x, y, z..and then the journey can hopefully feel like less of a sacrifice.
Even just calling it to mind helps somewhat but those carb cravings hormones can be a powerful foe to overcome at times.

I heard that too about sugar not being so great for the immune system.
Then again i heard it may be high insulin levels that increase growth factors and the like since most foods (except fat) can be converted to sugar in the body....it's hard to say, this info seems to change by the hour.
It doesn't explain why even animals and babies get cancer too, - It's not like they're over-doing it on the desserts or anything!. Don't blame yourself anyway Patricia. It is expected that 1 in 2 of us will be diagnosed with it in our lifetimes...so no your definitely not alone. Will be keeping you in my prayers that you will be totally restored to your full health.

I found an insulin index of foods that was something new i'd never heard of before & I'm excited about it. Might play around with it and see if it makes any difference. I'll choose foods lowest in the index for the RM.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1701179002

I had become addicted to an 'unsweetened' frothy cappuccino that contained roughly 1 1/2 tsp. sugar per cup or 7.5 g carbs & i feel so free now since I've given it up for lent. A box was also so expensive and it left a bad taste in my mouth too so i'm hoping to steer well clear of it in future, even on Easter Sunday. Am going to run from it and never look back.
  #2255   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-19, 17:51

Maryh - this may not work, but I did find that when I expanded my slim knowledge of teas, by going to a wonderful tea shop back in WA state, it helped me find that some teas had such flavor, and didn't trigger me (not fruit teas or anything that tasted sweet). I love oolong (teas brand is a favorite bottled, unsweetened available, that I used to buy in WA state), green teas, white teas, earl grey (but that can trigger me when I'm seriously strict - then it seems to not take much).

I need to get back into that more, especially for warm weather, a favorite iced tea can be so nice.

Bladder cancer, as I've learned is actually the 4th most common cancer for men, though less common for women. I am learning that controlling my pre-diabetes can play a part in dealing this, as diet impacts that, which impacts the amount of insulin in my system...this is just really important now.
  #2256   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-19, 05:14

Nice little whoosh today - 291.8. I haven't seen a 291+ since last August, so this is nice. I don't expect to keep whooshing, and my hope is to stay at 293 to below for the rest of the week.

breakfast today: 2 eggs with 1 large mushroom, sautéed in 1.5 tsp. unsalted butter. 1 slice cheese melted atop all, good dash of a sugar-free hot sauce (Tapatio brand), 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.

lunch cm will be: 1 stalk raw celery, 1 uncured grass-fed beef polish sausage.

rm will be: a grass-fed (locally raised) 8 oz. ribeye, salad of two cups mixed spring greens, Bolt blue cheese yogurt dressing, 1 serving no-salt added green beans, 1 cup white rice, 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.

Last edited by patriciakr : Thu, Apr-11-19 at 06:01.
  #2257   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-19, 04:47

To my surprise, the whoosh continues - 291.2 this morning!

Today's food log planned:
breakfast - not hungry, having 1.5 oz. half and half with a very large cup of coffee.

Lunch - tuna with mayo and celery.

rm: green beans, salad with blue cheese yogurt dressing, 2 salmon burgers, 1 cup rice with butter and 1 oz. gruyere cheese. May do a slice of chocolate chip brioche bread with butter as a dessert. Makes this a bit unbalanced, but not bad. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
  #2258   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-19, 09:43

BF:

Fantastic going Patricia.
Love that whoosh effect when you can actually noticably feel a bit lighter on your feet.

I'm on a downward trend weight weight too these days Thank God,
Today my sister landed in with a big Easter Egg Gift...& a big soft fresh bread roll stick & pizza (They were for her children)
Its going to be a tough one to resist. I do know those french bread rolls increase my weight significantly next day though so hope i can manage
to keep this in mind and just avoid.
I want peace in my life & that bread ain't nothing but trouble.

Thanks for the tea suggestions ; i will try to look some up.
  #2259   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-19, 13:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Fantastic going Patricia.
Love that whoosh effect when you can actually noticably feel a bit lighter on your feet.

I'm on a downward trend weight weight too these days Thank God,
Today my sister landed in with a big Easter Egg Gift...& a big soft fresh bread roll stick & pizza (They were for her children)
Its going to be a tough one to resist. I do know those french bread rolls increase my weight significantly next day though so hope i can manage
to keep this in mind and just avoid.
I want peace in my life & that bread ain't nothing but trouble.

Thanks for the tea suggestions ; i will try to look some up.

Yeah, we are all usually good at tempting ourselves, who needs outside help with that? I would look at it and say you aren't that good, and plan for tomorrow a carb that is worthy to be consumed and fits within your rm plans!
  #2260   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 06:47

289.0 this morning, my whoosh is turning into a whoosh week.

breakfast cm: 2 eggs over easy, with a sautéed mushroom, slice of cheese melted atop, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch cm will be: 1 uncured, grass-fed polish sausage with 1/4-1/2 cup (leftovers, not sure how much is left) green beans.

rm: 2 cups spring greens, Bolt Blue Cheese yogurt dressing, a ribeye, a serving of steamed cauliflower, a walnut bar (sees, my favorite chocolate company), 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.
  #2261   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 11:19

BF:

Weight can be so mysterious, why some weeks the scales refuse to budge an inch and other weeks there's a whoosh.
Maybe its when insulin is lowering, the pounds seem to fly off then and vice versa when it's rising?

I really like the menus' your posting; hope to start posting properly again soon.

Well, wish i'd read your advice earlier today Patricia;; i escaped the bread roll relatively unscathed yesterday, but today is a different story...I fell foul to
a long fresh bread roll and made it into a sandwich.
Will probably be 5+ pounds heavier tomorrow....Not going to worry about it & will attempt to do mostly CM meals for the rest of today.
I've discovered that wheat grains in particular cause my weight to sky rocket.
(So long as i'm not eating myself out of house and home i refuse to worry about one off plan meal. Keeping my standards low. )

In other news; i finally tracked down the celeriac; & i thought a turnip was not glamorous? This thing takes the biscuit altogether...its the ugliest, most gnarly looking vegetable i ever did see!
Wish me luck! I have no idea what it is going to taste like.
  #2262   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 18:10

maryh, I'd almost say it is amusing, but we both know it's not - how one off moment becomes a "well it's all down the drain now so I might as well eat the rest of the house down". Riiiiight.

One goof, is just one goof unless you decide otherwise!
  #2263   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-19, 11:27

So dropping weight quickly enough to be a bit concerned. I kind of hope it stops. 2 pounds a week would feel magnificent to me, I don't need it faster!

DH is home from a week long business trip, and not feeling his best. He did still want to treat me to a meal out, and we had a nice country drive for brunch.

I had a 3 egg western omelet with 1 biscuit, 1 pat of butter and under 2 oz. half and half. I then had maybe 1/6th of his dinner plate sized pancake (he made this a feast day, not keto at all, although he also is making his brunch his only meal today and had a lot of protein along with the pancake).
It was an *enormous* omelet, and I am stuffed. Too much, half would be about the right size.

cm tonight will be a baked piece of chicken breast, a cup (or less) of riced cauliflower with 1 oz. gruyere melted into it. No coffee, had too much at brunch.

Pushing water the rest of the day.
  #2264   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-19, 05:27

Food plan for today (happy with new weight by average!) is:

breakfast cm: 2 eggs with a sautéed mushroom, a slice of cheese melted atop, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch cm will be: 2 cm uncured beef hot dogs, and about 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower.

rm planned: double serving of spinach (out of salad greens - might make up a little salad of celery with my fav blue cheese yogurt dressing, if I do, will only have one serving of spinach), a baked chicken breast, and probably a walnut bar, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
  #2265   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-19, 05:36

Tuesday was my post-surgery check of my bladder - for the first time since diagnosis last September, I am clear. May it stay that way for years to come, or at least next time too

Are you planning for Easter? I will be honest, I have a husband who is planning on no plan for his day, and it is pulling me to not count calories (not part of cad or calp but helps me), nor balance my rm. I think that is as "loose" as I am willing to go. A day "off" is never just a day for me....

Plans for a brunch cm are: a bucca di Beppo cookbook recipe for an escarole cheese frittata (that is cm!) with cm chicken sausages. Coffee and half and half.

We spent last Thanksgiving with family, but love what we normally would do, so that is what we are doing. We are brining a turkey, smoking it, making a kickbutt recipe for gravy, mashed cauliflower, salad, our usual cornbread sausage stuffing (half batch I think for fewer leftovers to work into rm), if I get my frannie in gear, my citrus twist mini-cheesecakes (my way pared down in calories version of my Sicilian grandmothers cassata), and some chocolate. So yes, overcarbed but with salad, cm veggie, cm protein. I will take this as a not horrid day of not completely following my rules for losing