Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 14:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/173/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default A Really Great Cheesecake

I think that this is the first time that I have ever posted on this board. I have lurked for a long time, but never posted. This recipe made me come out of hinding. I tried it and it was great. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 06:27

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

You're welcome! Please, do come out of hiding. There's just too much fun to be had and great stuff to learn!

Unity, I'm confused about those ingredients you posted and the nutritional info. There's no jello or yogurt in my recipe.

#213   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 12:45

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
You're welcome! Please, do come out of hiding. There's just too much fun to be had and great stuff to learn!

Unity, I'm confused about those ingredients you posted and the nutritional info. There's no jello or yogurt in my recipe.

I used yogurt instead of sourcream as I can't have sour cream
I used jello as a sweetner..didn't work that well but the kids loved it
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 12:56

BF:

Now it makes sense!
  #215   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 13:00

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Bawdy....I just saw your post saying that this recipe started out as a "regular" dessert with sugar....maybe that explains why my daughter was so thrilled with the sugar containing one I made for Christmas!

Now...I've made it again, only this time I used "Sweet Perfection" for a sweetener. (can be found here: http://www.lowcarbspecialties.com/sweet_perfection.html)
Swtte Perfection is made from chicory root and mung beans and is about the consistency of powdered sugar. The great thing is it's almost all fiber! 1 cup gives you only 5g net carbs....and 122g of fiber! I discovered this following a link from Jimmy Moore's blog praising LC Specialties's ChocoPerfection bars (which are also wonderful!).

I went out and bought a set of 5oz glass bowls (with lids!) and divided the recipe into 10 servings (my cookie sheet only holds 10 of the cups). I made them plain and serve it with pureed strawberries/raspberries/blueberries.

I entered everything in Fitday and came up with these numbers: Calories 300, Fat 26g (sat = 16g/Poly = 2g/Mono = 8g), Net Carbs 3g (17g total with 14g fiber) and Protein 6g. The best thing to me about the SweetPerfection is there is NO aftertaste! None....you can stick your finger in it and taste it and it tastes like sugar (I think a tad less sweet, but not enough to notice in recipes). (This is without the crust)
  #216   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 12:17

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 237.2/234.6/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question Puree question

This cheesecake sounds fabulous!! I am going to make one for our Mother's Day celebration on Sunday and am wondering what you guys have used ingredients wise for the puree. Is it just frozen strawberries (or fruit of choice) and splenda pureed in a blender??

Thanks in advance,
Tracy
  #217   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 18:21

BF:

Tracy, do you mean as a topping, or swirled into the batter before it's baked?
  #218   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 09:28

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 237.2/234.6/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Bawdy, I guess both....either just swirling it in the batter or as some kind of topping for garnish/punch. I love to have many options....lol

Cheers,
Tracy
  #219   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 16:15

BF:

I guess I would just taste it. Puree the strawberries, and if they need a little sweetener, add some.

I usually just keep out about 1/2 cup of the batter, add some cocoa powder and a little Splenda (to taste), dollop it in, and swirl it around.

The possibilities are endless.
  #220   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 18:42

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/179/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:lots/less/<20%
Progress: 51%

has anyone tried this with SweetZFree ?
I was wondering if the texture would be the same since a few drops wouldn't add any bulk to the batter like granulated Splenda or the liquid in the syrups -
  #221   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

Yup works fine :
  #222   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 18:56

I just bought raspberry sf syrup. I want to try adding that and swirling.

For topping, I puree the frozen strawberries in a mini food processor. I do it while they're still frozen. They seem to chop better. I usually do 2 servings and put them in small containers for later. I rarely add sweetener, but always taste to decide if they need it. I think I like the mixed berries the best. Blueberry, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries...yummy
  #223   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 19:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/185/165 Female 57
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun keater
I followed the basic recipe with an almond crust. I am going to get some strawberries for the top..... I can't wait!

where do you buy almond flour.
  #224   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 16:22

BF:

CindySue, you mentioned you wanted to swirl in some SF raspberry syrup. If it's what I think it is, it will be watery thin. I'd probably keep out 1/2 cup of the batter, add some of the raspberry syrup to that (and maybe just a drop of red food coloring), and then dollop it in and swirl it around.

Red, you can get almond flour online from any number of sources, or in most health food stores. Some of the really large grocery chains that have a "natural foods" department might carry it also. It can be called almond flour, almond meal, or even just ground almonds. Same thing.

What I've come to find is that you really can't ruin this recipe, regardless of the type or consistency of sweetener, the flavorings, etc. I still want to try a coconut one. Maybe with a crust made of almond flour and unsweetened coconut. And some coconut and coconut extract in the batter. And maybe decorated with a border of almonds, and then drizzled with LC chocolate sauce.

Oops. I just got drool all over my keyboard!
  #225   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
CindySue, you mentioned you wanted to swirl in some SF raspberry syrup. If it's what I think it is, it will be watery thin. I'd probably keep out 1/2 cup of the batter, add some of the raspberry syrup to that (and maybe just a drop of red food coloring), and then dollop it in and swirl it around.
That's what I am planning....I just hope it's strong enough so I only need a little.