Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/168/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Need a Buddy Too!!!

Hello,
I have been doing Atkins since 7/31/02, and have not lost an ounce !!!!!!!! I am really getting to the point where I am doubting if this is the WOE for me. I have taken all the excellent advice I have gotten form the boards and nothing seems to be happening. UGH !!! I have seen how successful this WOE has been for others and was hoping to be down a bit by now. Anyone else with a similiar situation. Now a little about myself, I am 38 from Michigan, married with two great kids ages 10 and 9. I am an RN and will be entering back into the workforce this fall. I have been overweight ever since I was a kid and have been up and down for years. My goal is to start my next 40 years looking and feeling better. I walk 3-4 miles 4-5 times a week and will be heading back to the gym soon too ! I really want to make this work but feel so discouraged. I would love a buddy to go through this with, these boards are the main thing that has gotten me through this so far ! Hope to hear from you soon !!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 18:21

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Smile Don't give up

Hi
I'll bet you're frustrated! Have you clicked into the different
types of LC diets on your home screen? Or looked into the LC
books and studies on the orange tool bar?
I myself do a mix of the Go diet and ERFYBT. It's helped me a lot
and I feel much better. But I think I'm the only one on this site
doing that type of LC-ing.
How about water Are you drinking until you feel like a
sponge Water really is the key to all diets.
You get a lot more excercise than I do
How long did you stay on induction?
Don't quit There are a lot of people here to cheer
you on
greentea
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-02, 05:42

Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi, I would love to buddy you along. I took a peek at your journal but found no menus there. It would be helpful to have some idea of what you are eating. Everyones body is different and reacts differently to different foods. Let me know if I can help.

Karin
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 05:29

Stats: 168/168/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Hanging in there !!

Thanks for your support, I am still feeling great, I really feel as though I have found the WOE for me, we will remain hopeful. I have decided to weigh myself monthly instead of daily, too discouraging. MY DH has been very supportive which really helps. Slacked on the exercise over the weekend. Next week kids will be back to school and I can get back to the gym. I am going to try to figure out how to get my fitday journal to post with this journal, hope things are well with you !
Cindy

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=GriffZoo
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 11:05

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Cindy

I, too, have not lost very much on this WOE. I lost 7 lbs at the start, but that also corresponded with my coming off of some meds which had caused me to gain. So I’m not sure it I can really attribute that loss to LC.

However, I'm eating great, feeling great, and not gaining. I try to look at the positives in that, and hope the weight will start to come off with the exercise program I've started (BFL.) I've also broken the scale habit and intend to stay off it for at least 12 weeks total.

We are nearly the same age, but my start weight is much higher than yours (197.) So, welcome to the board – if you find a way to get things moving, please do share! Hopefully I'll have some results to report myself.

Rhu