Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 17:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

in the guidine post I think that person has stayed on till almost goal with just a little salad added in, I haven't added veggies in except for my cabbage and 2 broccoli stalks Saturday, as long as you are ok with not eating veggies stay on other wise I would suggest if you want a veggie try a very low carb veggie!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 17:56

BF:

tomorrow is my hardest day of the week food wise it's friday and durring Lent,,so no real meat, fish is ok, last week I did good except I ate a slim jim, forgot it contained meat, and to top it off I really dislike eating eggs... and fish is ok if it's cooked right and it's haddock!! so it shall be a day of struggle for me but I will stay meat and egg for awhile longer!! lots longer just rambling any suggestions on egg or fish dish no carbs and no meat would be great
  #153   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Thanks snookie. It sure does make the fast feel more "worth it".
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 22:15

Plan: LC..own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 11inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

bb6399 Hi! I use to sprinkle over tuscan seasoning on my crumbed fish I cooked and spray with canola oil so doesn't dry out in fry pan. Tasty. How about dipping fish fillets in seasoned egg and then cajun or tuscan lightly sprinkled over and then maybe serve with small sourcream . A sprig of parsley to decorate and pinch of something colourful on top of ya sour cream to make it look nice.Just out of my head Serve on a smaller plate and will seem like you have a full plate! catchya
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 00:28

Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default Hi,help

Hi I Wanting To Start This After Now Weight Loss,i've Tried Cutting Calories And Carbs But Not Under 10, So Can You Have Canned Meat,like Chicken And Tuna? Also Can You Have All The Meat You Want? Am I Also To Be Watching Calories,like Don't Go Over 1000 Or 1200, Please Help.you Can't Have Any Veggies Or Heavy Cream In Coffee Right? Just Eggs And Meat,please Answer About Canned Meat Can I Have The Whole Can Of Tuna Or Chicken? Thanks Alot
  #156   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 03:31

BF:

Lacey, Hi there! Well probably you are not meant to have too much coffee(that is my battle alright!!!!)I have to have mine though(and water!) and I must admit I have been using the old 1/2and 1/2in my coffee! I am down 10 pounds the last 2wks. I am going to introduce afew more vegie carbs tho in form of salad as I am sure I need them. Tuna tinned , yes but watch some are more laden with salt than others(watch the ones in brine...might want to drain off excess water if fairly salty). I have used tinned salmon too.It always pays to check the label,get inot the habit of always doing that as I have been very surprised on some things, just how much carbs they have in them.
So when the rest of the family are having maccas I am going to order a salad and either take a sachet of Greenseas tuna with me to add to it or have chicken with it.Way to go !Party of eating out is the social side of things and not always what we eat! So doing that I won't feel sort of on the edge!And I will feel good about it too knowing that what I am doing is OK as far as my weight loss goes. Good luck Lacey...hang in there for atleast 3 days, maybe 4 ,and then you will be starting to not feel hungry at all . Keep at your water intake! Lets know how you go!
  #157   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 03:33

BF:

Lacey, Hi there! Well probably you are not meant to have too much coffee(that is my battle alright!!!!)I have to have mine though(and water!) and I must admit I have been using the old 1/2and 1/2in my coffee! I am down 10 pounds the last 2wks. I am going to introduce afew more vegie carbs tho in form of salad as I am sure I need them. Tuna tinned , yes but watch some are more laden with salt than others(watch the ones in brine...might want to drain off excess water if fairly salty). I have used tinned salmon too.It always pays to check the label,get inot the habit of always doing that as I have been very surprised on some things, just how much carbs they have in them.
So when the rest of the family are having maccas I am going to order a salad and either take a sachet of Greenseas tuna with me to add to it or have chicken with it.Way to go !Party of eating out is the social side of things and not always what we eat! So doing that I won't feel sort of on the edge!And I will feel good about it too knowing that what I am doing is OK as far as my weight loss goes. Good luck Lacey...hang in there for atleast 3 days, maybe 4 ,and then you will be starting to not feel hungry at all . Keep at your water intake! Lets know how you go!
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 03:40

BF:

p.s. You don't need to count calories but need to keep to no more than 5 carbs. Eat to feel satisfied but not absolutely fullup!! If hungry between meals well have some extra meat or egg ,and some more water!! you will soon find you get past that feeling hungry stage!Whatever you do don't have a carb snack else you will be back to square one!! You can do it!
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 08:43

BF:

Lacey~welcome, canned meat is ok as Snnokie stated watch the salt I find that is the main reason my scale goes up, I do watch calories more moitor than watch, I like to stay around 1000, and I use 1/2 and 1/2
  #160   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 09:37

Default Hi

DOES THE HALF AND HALF LESS CALORIES OR SOMETHING THAN HEAVY CREAM? THAT IS WHAT i HAVE ON HAND RIGHT NOW,SO I CAN HAVE CANNED CHICKEN I KNOW IT HAS ALOT OF SODIUM, SO STAY UNDER 1000 CALORIES, CAUSE I DON'T JUST WANT TO EAT 1 OUNCE OF TUNA, I ONLY EAT 3 TIMES A DAY ANYWAY, I DON'T GET HUNGRY MUCH,BUT IF I FEEL HUNGRY THAN EAT RIGHT AS LONG AS I'M NOT OVER CALORIES? I USE DECAFF COFFEE,SO I DO LIKE TO HAVE IT, LET ME KNOW I'M ABOUT TO MAKE SOME IF I DON'T NEED TO USE HEAVY CREAM TELL ME, I THOUGHT THE EGG AND MEAT DIET WAS JUST THAT SO HOW DO YA HAVE HALF AND HALF?
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 09:55

Default Re

HI,OK I JUST GOT THRU FIGURE MY MENU FOR THE DAY AND IT CAME UP WITH6 CARBS,AND 998 CALORIES, I WILL BE WALKING ALSO TODAY. HERE IT IS 2 EGGS ,2SLICE BACON,10Z COOKED SAUSAGE,8OZ.COFFEE(NOCREAM):BREAKFAST,, TUNA 4.5 OZ,1TBSP MAYO,2 EGGS:LUNCH,,,3SLICE CHICKEN BAKED WITH 1 PAT OF BUTTER, 2 EGGS: DINNER SO THAT IS 6 CARBS WITH THE COFFEE. wHAT DO YA THINK???

OK JUST TRIED TO DRINK THE COFFEE WITHOUT CREAMER COULDN'T DO IT. SO,MARK THAT ONE OFF, ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE DIET RITE AREN'T WE TO COUNT THAT AS CARBS TOO SINCE IT HAS SPLENDA IN IT??? PLEASE ADVICE

Last edited by Lacey O : Fri, Mar-04-05 at 10:40.
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 11:10

Stats: 280/196.5/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 70%

Has anyone done the meat and egg loss while having their TOM? If so, how did it effect the scale for weight loss? Did the scale move down after your TOM was over?
Thanks,
K
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 11:39

BF:

after TOM scale moved!!

Lacey~ I use 1/2 and 1/2 just enough to lighten it does the cream half less carbs than the 1/2 and 1/2 and only 1 pkg splenda, I don't count the carbs for my diet soda or flavored H2O,
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 11:45

Stats: 280/196.5/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 70%

BB6399,
How long have you been doing the meat and egg loss? I am hoping that scale moves after TOM from water retention and the loss of the meat and egg. I have to admit that I am not very hungry this am, after doing the meat and egg two days.
Thanks,
K
  #165   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 11:58

Hi Its Says 1tbsp Has 0 So You Say It Has 1.what About 1/2 And 1/2 Doe Sit Have Any?
Closed Thread