Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Registered Member
Slow But Steady.
Posted by TyroneBill
Posted Tue, Feb-07-06
Male 68"
Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 340/203/170
BF:low/as/possible
Progress: 81%
Default Slow But Steady.

Hi everyone,
My name is Bill, and unlike many who were overweight most of their lives. I was the athletic skinny kid next door. But due to some serious injuries I received early in my life, I found myself unable to stay nearly as physically active as I once was. Although I still had the appetite of an athlete. Over the years my weight crept up to 340 pounds on a five foot eight inch frame. I knew I was overweight but denial kept me from taking a good look at myself. Then one day while at a doctors appointment at the local Veterans hospital I witnessed my doctor write these words in my medical chart, "morbidly obese." It woke me up and that is when I decided I had to do something or die at a young age. I asked my doctor for help, but nothing worked. He finally suggested low carb. I hadn't heard of it before because to tell you the truth I never even thought of losing weight. I thought it was useless because I couldn't even walk at this point. A combination of my weight and disablities. We decided on Protein Power. So in early May 2002, I started my journey. From the start I did great. When I hit the seventy pound loss point I was able to walk with the assistance of two canes. By January of 2005 I had lost 105 pounds bringing my weight to 235 pounds. I was doing great and decided to reward myself with one of my indulgences of pre-Lcing days. Just a little Ben & Jerry's. Weeeeeellllll, 6 months later and about 15 regained pounds, I found myself restarting my WOE. Since my restart in early July, I've been true to my WOE and have gotten my weight down to my present 204 pounds for a total of 136 pounds lost. I learned my lesson from that little cheat. And that lesson was that I can't cheat. So from my restart date of July 7, 2005 to the present I have remained cheat free. Bringing my cheat free days to a grand total of 216. I still use two canes to get around but now it's only because of my disabilities and not my bulk.
Sorry for the length of this post, I hadn't intended to be so long winded.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by Kazrau on Wed, Feb-08-06, 05:30

Hi Bill

You are doing so well. Congratulations and keep up the WOE.

5 comments [read all comments]

Article tools