Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Good test results
Posted by danabear
Posted Mon, Apr-03-06
Female 5'8
Plan: whole foods (mostly)
Stats: 210/194/160
BF:a little lower
Progress: 32%
Default Good test results

I just had my bloodwork redone since starting low carb. Good news!
While I haven't lost tons of weight, only about 15 lbs so far (which actually is good for me) the test result are great.

A little intro, my plan is meat, eggs, fruit, veg and nuts. No bread, potatoes, milk, etc. But I do use cheese in recipes. I also have cheated more than once, but overall a lc diet. The old one was lowfat/highcarb. Aside from being overweight, (as if that isn't enough) I had very high liver enzymes about 6 months ago and was dx'd with fatty liver. I am considerably less tired than before. I still get tired but I have a 2 year old & a 3 year old at home! I also no longer suffer from seasonal allergies, and this is the worst time of the year for me.

Before-Total cholesterol-234 now 169 (lowest I've ever had so far)
I don't have my old LDL or HDL, but they're fine now. I remember that my HDL was low before.
Triglycerides from 288 to 218- still need to get them down, but they are a lot better.
Liver enzymes are normal for the first time in about 5 years.
fasting blood sugar went from 105 to 80
All this and I've been eating steak and bacon! Chicken cooked with the skins on! I really can't believe it. I was really nervous to see the results of this test.

Just want to share!
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by Kazrau on Fri, Apr-07-06, 03:54

Hi Danabear

Congratulations on your health. I've found the same thing, like you I've lost about 15 lbs so far but am really pleased with my latest test results. My bp has gone from 120/80 down to 110/80 and my cholesterol has gone from 5.7 (high) to 4.7 (within normal range). Considering I only started lc on Jan 6th 2006 I think I'm doing pretty well and am motivated to keep this WOE up.

Cheers
Kaz

2 comments [read all comments]

Article tools