Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2761   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 07:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco that is wild you and I were on the same hours of crazy with the sleep last night.....ugh huh? I am moving slower this morning. stinks but what'ya gonna do....these nights happen.

very cool on the xmas music. I got it in my car right now. I like it around also so it reminds me of the holiday. Cause without that music it just seems like cold dead freezing time of the year to me and nothing special but the holiday music zips it up for me!

Jaz you had me laughing on your wedding story cause at 18 no one could get my azz down any darn aisle with a wedding gown on HAHA

I had no jitters. I was so calm on wedding day. Hubby was a mess, just wringing his hands and all...it was funny as heck to me. But I was like 32 when I got married so …..lol....we lived together like 4 yrs, I knew what I was getting point blank and was more than happy with it so I lucked out in my scenario of it all

I think what got you on the traveling nurse is that it hit very fast. Yea you thought about it but never had time to 'set into it' and 'get super comfortable' in the brain with it......once you applied, boom they want ya and NOW.....I bet you thought you had time darn it...………..but YOU WILL have US all the time. If you need to post and chat or send us all emails etc. you do just that. WE can keep you company for sure.

And when ya get there......ask the nurse staff or whomever you deal with what do they do? bowl? happy hour? anyone do a gym locally? GET yourself something to do.....get the local paper and see if anything is happening. You know, so you can feel a bit connected in any way to any one. That way you won't feel so just by yourself.

I think with your great outgoing personality you will fit in great and actually do very well in your new digs!

I so get you being worried but in all honesty.....if it sucks rocks and is horrible in any way......your azz comes home wihtout a thought about it all. You have a home. Safe place to land. You will be ok. You aren't going off with nothing as a safety anchor....just remember that. And you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.....you can back out as needed.

So with that in mind you find all the good ya can from it, experience it all best one can and see if it suits you and if it is a career you can hang onto for a while cause ya love it.

And they got ya for 13 weeks and with a low nurse pool like ya said, if you love it, they might extend ya another 13 etc.

hey the skies the limit here for you take full advantage of it and know if not great for you, you are clear to come back and settle again and do something else. You are tied in any way so that might make ya happier knowing you have options.

gotta ramp up to hit moms
off I be going LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2762   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 07:34

BF:

Nicco that is wild you and I were on the same hours of crazy with the sleep last night.....ugh huh? I am moving slower this morning. stinks but what'ya gonna do....these nights happen.

very cool on the xmas music. I got it in my car right now. I like it around also so it reminds me of the holiday. Cause without that music it just seems like cold dead freezing time of the year to me and nothing special but the holiday music zips it up for me!

Jaz you had me laughing on your wedding story cause at 18 no one could get my azz down any darn aisle with a wedding gown on HAHA

I had no jitters. I was so calm on wedding day. Hubby was a mess, just wringing his hands and all...it was funny as heck to me. But I was like 32 when I got married so …..lol....we lived together like 4 yrs, I knew what I was getting point blank and was more than happy with it so I lucked out in my scenario of it all

I think what got you on the traveling nurse is that it hit very fast. Yea you thought about it but never had time to 'set into it' and 'get super comfortable' in the brain with it......once you applied, boom they want ya and NOW.....I bet you thought you had time darn it...………..but YOU WILL have US all the time. If you need to post and chat or send us all emails etc. you do just that. WE can keep you company for sure.

And when ya get there......ask the nurse staff or whomever you deal with what do they do? bowl? happy hour? anyone do a gym locally? GET yourself something to do.....get the local paper and see if anything is happening. You know, so you can feel a bit connected in any way to any one. That way you won't feel so just by yourself.

I think with your great outgoing personality you will fit in great and actually do very well in your new digs!

I so get you being worried but in all honesty.....if it sucks rocks and is horrible in any way......your azz comes home wihtout a thought about it all. You have a home. Safe place to land. You will be ok. You aren't going off with nothing as a safety anchor....just remember that. And you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.....you can back out as needed.

So with that in mind you find all the good ya can from it, experience it all best one can and see if it suits you and if it is a career you can hang onto for a while cause ya love it.

And they got ya for 13 weeks and with a low nurse pool like ya said, if you love it, they might extend ya another 13 etc.

hey the skies the limit here for you take full advantage of it and know if not great for you, you are clear to come back and settle again and do something else. You are tied in any way so that might make ya happier knowing you have options.

gotta ramp up to hit moms
off I be going LOL

oh oh down another lb will take it
  #2763   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 09:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Geez.....going on 11 already! Have my yoga workout done, a nice hot shower and now I'm having a cup of fat coffee before going for my facial. I may fall asleep during the treatment.

DH is driving me crazy. He, DS & DGS15 are leaving next Wednesday to drive to Illinois to deer hunt. He is accumulating "stuff" and is all worked up. He had no rest until I ordered these sand bag things to rest your rifle on while in the blind. They came, and of course, they are not what he wanted. Now I'll have to pack them up and return them. Pain in the a$$. I told him to go to Walmart and find something that he can actually see and touch to make sure it's what he wants. ARGHHHH!!!! He'll be gone 6 days and I know I'll miss him, but right now I could shove him in the truck and send him off!

Jaz.....what a whirlwind! I wish nothing but the best for you in your new venture. I know you'll be busy the next week with your company and trying to tie up loose ends at home.

Trig & Nic.....sorry you both had bad sleep nights. Hate that. Hope you conk out tonight and sleep like a log.

Well, I have to dig up something to eat. It's an eating day and nothing sounds good. Tonight I'm making a Home Chef meal......Hawaiian pork tacos. Yum!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Nov-14-19 at 10:06.
  #2764   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 05:24

BF:

Lori did I miss the facial report? LOL I think you went and had it right? Just wondering how you liked it.

OMG you had me laughing on your DH and hunting. And his GEAR! Their gear is SO important to them. We have one whole room that is the Hunt Room. The amt of crap in there drives me nuts. your 6 days waiting for him to hit the road can't come fast enough now can it?

so nothing much
having internet trouble as usual. my carrier stinks. can't get email and tv app etc. is all out. they are updating and glitching the world. Called this morning and guy said they are working fast as they can as ALL customers everywhere can't access emails etc. Hey--par for the course for this crap company I guess.

Eating plan is fabulous! Usually I type fab....but I have to say the whole word right now...Fab-U-lous!! LOL I feel so good. This carnivore plan just fits me like a glove literally. So doing well on it.

Total down is 17.6. Just dropping off bit by bit. That gained weight I did...it is leaving now and I hope to never see it again So far so good.

I have goals again like to get into my smaller size bathing suits and feel comfortable in them again. All my focus is on summer shorts and suits and enjoying being out in 99 deg. heat and not feeling like I am lugging around lbs. I don't need and making me sweat more HA So my thoughts are on the future goals I want to achieve. It helps me keep being steady and straight to think further ahead like this. We got Canada trip in July. I plan on being my best for this trip!

off to grocery store in a bit. have to see what good meat sales I can get.

I said to kid you want off from school Friday and she said Nope....which shocked me cause I offered since she has taken like no days off....she likes it that much.....but this morning I said, hey shower time and she said, oh I will take that day off today....I wanna sleep more...LOL I said cool. So she is home as a treat I gave her cause she is straight As in Honor Classes so...…

and we both get haircuts at 4 today.

hubby driving home today for a bit then off again soon. all good there.

so that is it.
nothing big

off I go to get moving. I slept great last night.....in good shape today, raring to go
  #2765   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 06:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....how awesome on the weight loss! You will be at your goal in no time and will enjoy your summer of activity with lots less of you!

The facial was good. It was a bit more clinical than spa like, which was a bit disappointing. The lady was very nice....she is 61 years old and her skin looks fabulous. She is a nurse(RN) and started this business a few years ago for skin care etc. She just basically did an exfoliating treatment and mask and then cream for moisture. She said I really don't have any areas of concern except for some dark spots from the sun. She gave me a bunch of samples to use and I bought a serum for the dark patches. I'm going to go back in 3 weeks and get a peel.....she says it won't be a severe one...like I won't have red, blistering skin. She's also having an open house in 2 weeks when all her products will be 25% off. I told her I'd come. I used the sample products last night and this morning and my skin does feel nice. I'll no doubt buy some things at her open house. I want to get a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen so I don't walk around looking like such a ghost all the time.

Jaz.....hope your friend arrived safely and that you will have a good time, even though you are SO busy right now. He can help you "keep your head" and get some things organized.

Nic.....hope you woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning! How are things going with the ILs? Is DH feeling better?

Blue....I'm anxiously awaiting your return. Hope everything is ok.

I'm going to run some errands today and get out for a run after it warms up a bit. I think we're hitting mid 40's today, so have to take advantage of that. Only in the 20's right now....too cold!

Another cup of coffee and then I'll decide my strategy for the day.
  #2766   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 09:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Everyone seems to be moving right along!

TRIG- I am SO SO SO SO SO H A P P Y for you!!!
You have got to be on cloud nine with your weight loss. You are more than past your "zone" - You are in your way and space! What a wonderful place to be.
I too am slowing ditching more veggies and adding meat, and a bit of gravy and EVER so slowly it is working for me too!!!

Wow look at you thinking about your hot self for this next summer!!!
Fun you and the kiddo are hanging out. I love a good haircut!

Lori- - yes report up on your facial!!! I bet in a way you are a bit relieved you are committed to lazy work schedules. But Like I was saying to TRIG- you can always volunteer somewhere, people appreciate it!
That is funny about your hubby hunting. I guess I didn't picture him as a hunting sort. Not that there is a "type". HAHAHAHAHAH
I love a good firearm but I could never be a hunter. I don't like to think about the meat I eat and where it comes from!
I get you don't eat wings for the same reason!!!

What is on your menu tonight?

NIC- Thank you for your wedding story that was funny!!!! You must have had one heck of a bachelorette party!!!!! HAHAHAH
You are so right, I had those same feeling as well with each pregnancy, first house, starting school. You are right all good things and all appropriate angst.
It sounds like you are doing well. Any updates with your IL's? Is she home yet? Is your hubby better with his cold?
You sure deserve to have some quiet time.
Any plans this weekend? When do you travel again?

BLUE- Speaking of travel......... Hope you come home soon!!!! But hoping you have had some good rest.
--------------------------------------------------------------
So I am down another pound= 7. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh keeping the bounce house at bay. I am going more carnivore. not completely but sure have cut down on the veggies/ no dairy, and NO TUMMY TROUBLES lately.

So the thing I am learning from Travel Nursing: is that I can go from Sugar to Sh!t, and back to sugar on a dime. So I said YES to going to NM. I felt much better after talking to a travel nurse.

That being said I was making plans yesterday to get my meds in a 3 month supply, thinking about what I should pack and spent a few hours online looking for housing.
Then yesterday morning first thing I got a call from the Director of nursing out in NM, from the facility. She left a VM on my phone telling me she was taking back the offer and was going with a local person who could start next Monday.
I was so taken aback. She made me an offer and I worked though my issues to accept it. My word means something- I ASSUMED her did as well.

I called my contact person at the agency and he was taken aback as well. He said that is rare for a offer to be rescinded.
So I applied for two other open positions he has. So now I wait.

I will be getting my paper work in for agency #2 today as well. Yes I have company but today is a work day for a couple hours. He is watching TV anyway. -

I am also going to the unemployment office to ask for the attorney to appeal their denial. That will happen today.
It is rainy and 40's and windy. A perfect day to get work done before play. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to come out and a hike is planned.

So the sense of urgency is gone. I feel I am back to the drawing board. I am hoping the 2nd agency has more to offer. I did apply for a position in Ft. Myer FL. I am not super excited as I know I will be one of hundreds of applications for that one.

So I am hunting again.......All good. I do believe in good Karma. Maybe I wasn't supposed to go. But I did tell me point of contact that if there was another opportunity at that facility I was not interested. I don't operate that way.

Well the eating is going great. I am feeling really good. Today is shrimp and crab/ scallops. - OMG yum. He wants a side of greens. I want a side of butter!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok- all have a great day.
  #2767   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 09:09

BF:

Lori- We cross posted! Bummer on the facial. But hey you tried it.
20 degrees is TOOOOOOOO cold for this hot blooded gal!!!
  #2768   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 09:17

BF:

Lori yea you got the 'discount' type deal on that facial LOL
the faster one where they clear ya up and ship you off but at least you got some good info on your skin and recommendations.

Cool....it all sounds good tho in the end

I bought the chemical peel at home thing. Hmmm. It was ok. I mean it is very low key on the peel since it is given to whomever wants to buy it and try it LOL but it did give me a nice soft feel and no horrible red for days. I think yours will be a better one than my off the shelf one LOL

dark spots are a given. I am a sun baby. I can't fix up that cause I am out in the sun, lying in the sun, playing in the sun and more. It is me and I can't probably fight that

Jaz, so doesn't matter one bit.

You are there. You are a travel nurse. I truly think this could happen easily in this line of work, good thing is you work with a few agencies, AND ONCE you get a job and under your belt and you do well they will place ya fast like crazy.

foot in the door.

what the other person did to hire what they didn't has nothing to do with you.

blow it off...…...and think now slowly what you need to do to get the house etc. in good order to leave easier if needed.

YOU WILL BE fine.....travel nurse is coming your way and ONCE established you will be in high demand and placed and good things only......it is all good here on that for you I think.

7 down.....hot damn girl you hold that and thrive!!!!
  #2769   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 13:12

BF:

#3 run for the week is done! A 50 degree mid November day? Couldn't pass that up. It is fabulous outside! Now to get a nice hot shower and then I'm done for the day. It's a DD for me, so I'll make something easy for DH. I think I'll have a couple eggs and a couple pieces of bacon. I usually eat my DD meal between 3 & 4.

DH's brother had the surgery on his 2 abdominal aneurysms today. Everything went well with the 4.5 hour surgery and he is in ICU where he'll be for 2 days. He'll be in the hospital till the end of next week, most likely. He's in a hospital about 2 hours from us. We'll plan to go see him either Monday or Tuesday when he's out of ICU.

That's it from my part of the world. Hugs to you all!
  #2770   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-19, 19:42

BF:

TRIG- You are so supportive and so kind!
I'm telling ya this less veggie thing is working for me. I am losing- and SO no hungry.

Sighhhhhhhhh............. Why did we not jump on board with this earlier!!!!!- it's good! 7 is a LOT FOR ME!!!!! SHhhhhhh, don't want a bounce.

Lori- - OMG on your BIL- what a surgery. That god it was the kind they could and did be able to deal with. What a scary scary scary surgery!
You feeling ok?

NIC/ BLUE- HELLO-

I am going to come up with a new saying at the end- over the word failure - regardless of text!
  #2771   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 04:33

BF:

Lori wow on that surgery for BIL. that is some scary stuff for sure but it sounds like he came thru well, should get a good recovery and things will improve for him soon. Sending prayers that all is well!

Nice weather. Lucky. Ours is horrible.
Right now it is super windy outside. Gonna rain or something and nasty and chilly and icky and all that crud weather rolled into one day.

Jaz yea drop the 'extra' crap and tighten up the ship into true carnivore type eating and people like you and me thrive a lot more. It is just what we are. What we do best on and get results.

So today is bleck out there.
Gonna be easy slow boring type day here. have more cleaning to handle and get things in line for holidays coming...will do this slowly today, little of this and that....have to wash sheets etc from the beds and all. just stupid stuff today

other than that all good

didn't sleep well again. went to bed around 10 and up at 3. ohhh I am out of whack somehow LOL I don't like this so hopefully it will come around back to normal.

woke up hungry. gonna eat soon and it is only 5:30 in the morning and my mind is eat eat eat HA

which is cool....will wait a bit and chow down. all good

great day all
  #2772   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 05:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig..you are our early bird for sure! Sorry about the sleep issues, that makes for a long day. I always think if I don't sleep well that I'll take a nap during the day, but I'm just not a good napper. DH on the other hand can sit down and be asleep in his recliner in a few minutes. He'll sleep for 20 or 30 minutes and then be up and out mowing the lawn or whatever....he is the king of the power nap!

I woke up hungry this morning too. I'm glad today is an eating day. Not sure what I want.....I know it will involve cheese.

DH got up early to go meet DS & DGS to go archery hunting. I planned to go back to sleep, but my cat had other ideas. Sigh....She got me up at 4 to go out and then when DH got up, he let her back in and fed her, but she had no rest until I got up to feed her again and let her back out. Brat!

Hope you all have a good Saturday!
  #2773   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 10:29

BF:

Good Morning- You early birds!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a miserable day out. 40 degree rain all day, so gray.
I was SO not hungry. So my friend is a faster LC as well. Well yesterday he had a tummy ache and decided to just not eat anything. So we put the dinner on hold until today.

So last night we watched 2 movies and then were SUPER hungry about 10:30 PM- I had not eaten all day and his tummy ache was over, so I whipped up a pound of thick cut bacon and scrambled eggs and cornbread and gravy.

I ate the bacon, and eggs. Fully expecting to "pay" for all the salt this morning. Nope down another .5. I didn't eat the cornbread.

So yesterday we were in the car - coming home from the store when my mom called. It went on blue tooth in the car. Well my friend had been around for 10 years and knows my mom and her husband quite well. So what does he do........INVITES HER AND HIM TO DINNER. If daggers could fly!!!!!!! WTF........ So mom says, why don't you come here,I have more room. I am giving the STOP IT hand motion and he said "we would love to". Sighhhhhhhh not where I wanted to go today.

Just got off the phone with her, she is delighted. Right in her element. She is busy making pecan pie, c.chip cookies and putting out Chips and dip.
I am bringing shrimp to avoid the chips and dip appetizers.
Dinner is baked chicken I am making and green beans and mashed potatoes.

I am having chicken and shrimp. I am SO SO excited about my wt loss I am not going to kill it on one dinner. This should be interesting. I do think she and her husband will be on their best behavior.

Trig-you should be getting some sunshine! Is your hubby back? I think it's funny that your hubby and Lori's are both hunt hounds!
How did your haircut turn out? Did you just get it shaped up?
Anything going on this weekend for you?
What on your menu?

Lori- OMG 3 runs in?!!!!- I am going to get a WALK in this morning. The sun is bright here today!
Are you planning another race? I love the C25k!!! That is so funny

When does your hubby head out? It should make dinners better! It's whatever you want! What is your favorite low carb dish?

NIC- Hoping you are catching up from your busy schedule. How IS everything going? You too have so many moving parts.

Blue- Come back when you can!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Not much new- as you know the first assignment fell apart. But hey that is ok.
I am working on the appeal for unemployment.
I have applied to a second agency - but it was yesterday late so I most likely will not hear anything till Mon/ or Tue.

Ok- off to get my chicken prepared. Moving slow
  #2774   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 03:46

BF:

Lori hubby used to bow hunt but he gave it up. He didn't like it as much as he thought he would and did it for many many years.....when he quit it, just irks me SO much money in that bow and equipment it curls my toes. I told him to sell it all but he won't....hey he might go again ya know ugh

Hope your guys get something.

Yea naps are weird for me. I just can't go off in the day for a nap usually unless I am super down for the count......and my hubby is like yours.....I don't know how guys do that. Off in a flash. I wish I could do it LOL

Jaz, another 1/2 down is
Carnivore. We get results! Hold strong to it. Eat as much meat and seafood as needed....ditch everything else and me and you will rock out this plan!!!

Sounds like a good time you are having with the visit....cool.

Glad you got a bit of time and can contact that new agency and work with them....with the holidays on us etc. it is a weirdo time for job searches and more but you will handle this and find what suits you.

I am eating like nothing now. My appetite is gone. No draw to food whatsoever. I am going to actually have to eat more today LOL Hey eat more and force it down? yea cause I am eating so low over the last days with no hunger, I know I need to eat more for the weight loss to continue. Eat too little and you stall....eat good and the lbs keep dropping......so making sure a ribeye is in my sights today.

Haircut was trim for normal cut. Nothing changed. What about you? Get that bob type cut yet?

hey all, hope everyone is good
thread is quiet but that is cool....we chat, we slow down, we come and go a bit and it will ramp up I am sure

not hungry at all. mentioned to Jaz above I need to make sure I eat.
Talk about hunger suppression. Holy cow, carnivore gives it to ya in spades

last present ordered....waiting on delivery trucks to bring the world to me HAHA

Ordered the Doc Marten boots kiddo wanted. Not too bad....$140 but got 10% discount with free ship. heck the tax was high on them ugh.....so $134 out the door.

thing is she wants them but I swear they look tough to wear. Alot of the reviews said they take forever to break in and are not that comfortable.....I think this is a wear a few times and dump them boot which kills me cause of the price.....but she got 'em now for Xmas....she best wear them

Never heard of a Doc Marten but they are popular. In fact the other day I was watching something on Netflix and this guy and gal were arguing a little and the guys say.....hey you, (waving a finger up and down at her), you take your little old self and those Doc Martens out of here......…funny I remember that cause my ears perked up on the Doc Marten reference......omg, I don't know...whatever on this stuff HAHA

So went to bed early. 10...up at 3:30 and wandering around....now it is like 4:30...back to bed to listen to hubby snore.....just stay up and now have a screwed up sleep schedule again? who knows HA

so over it

great day all
  #2775   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 07:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Stayed in the warm bed until 7:30.....only thing that got me out was wanting a cup of coffee. Of course, I had been up at 3:30 with Gabby. Why she wants to go out when it's so cold is beyond me. She is out now and has been in and out about 4 times since DH got up. She's a mess in the morning.

It is freakin' cold right now, but I think it's going to get up in the 40's this afternoon. I want to get out for a run once it warms up a bit.

Yesterday I had a rather off the rails UD. Just this and that....not a lot of any one thing. Carbs I know better than to eat etc etc. Looking forward to a good DD today. I'm not going to weigh until Saturday....if I have a DD Friday which I usually do. I'm sort of at goal......just would like a couple more pounds off to give me that "wiggle" room.

Well, DH went out for breakfast with a friend and our DS & DGS so I have a little time for myself this morning. I like it quiet while I have my first cup of coffee. Sometimes he wants to chit chat in the morning and it makes me a little crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy your day!
Closed Thread