Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2641   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-19, 20:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Back after a seriously lovely and much needed day out. I did indeed go to Helen.
I am not sure how TRIG/ and NIC got there, but I seemed to be all 2 lane highway, no traffic through rolling farmland overlooking the foothills. The sky was bright blue and the trees are turning. It was a LOVELY easy ride. Took me 1.25 to get there. It was so relaxing! OMG so PRETTY. No traffic until I got right in Helen. Then it was a complete stop to let all the partiers jaywalk. Took me 10 minutes to find a free parking place. It was wall to wall people and loud.

I did find I like the "look" of the shops. They were SO crowded though it was hard to really get in. I did hit up the general store and bought my mom a package of Amish noodles she adores. Those are hard to find. SoI ponied up the 3.69 for a package and went about my way. Almost bought some salsa, but desided MEH.

I took a lunch bag from left over from last night and ate on the porch tables the general store had open. I whipped out about 6 jumbo cooked shrimp, olives, a pickle and dipping sauce for the shrimp that was Artichoke dip, and fished it off with a sparking water. Maybe about 350 calories/ 2-4 carbs tops.

Walked around a bit and headed home. I never did find the trail NIC was talking about. But then again there was SO many people.
The funny thing was the minute I left town I was back in the rolling country side without a car in sight. It was prettier than Helen. I had the windows rolled down, music cranked and hair flying. GRAND! Just enough time but not too much car time. It was peaceful in the country.

I am so glad I went. Can't say I would go back. I agree with TRIG- it is one of those places you are glad you went and saw it. But I would not go out of my way to "see it again".
What I do want to do is find other parks like it - sorta with foothills/ mountain views and some hiking!

Lake Lanier is only 30 minutes from me and even though it doesn't have "foothills"- it is hilly and pretty and with a small lake to boat watch.

Back home. Have applied to 6 more positions. At this point I am tossing all pennies out there applying for everything and then I will get picky if they are interested. I want options, I am not going to take the first thing offered just because it is a job. It needs to be the right fit this time. I do see though that for the most part unless I want that high stress life back- I will be taking a pay cut.

I have killed two HUGE brown and white striped spiders just since I have been home. I hate spiders, actually anything that is a bug, snake, spider, flying. If it lives outside it needs to stay outside.EEEKKK

Woe was ok today. I have not had dairy for a couple weeks and decided to "see". I stopped at the deli counter before I got home in case I got the munchies. I did too. I like the deli counter because you can just get one or two slices of something.
So I got 4 slices of smoked turkey and 2 slices of Colby Jack. I rolled them up with a bit of mustard and called that dinner. No carbs. Not a lot- but I have a squishy tummy now.

Even a little was enough to cause bloat and I know what's coming. I just wanted to see. I have been feeling pretty good not having it. So ya know it really wasn't that good. I didn't crave anymore either. So I think it will get easier. I want to be back to square one- no dairy for now. I could really feel a difference, especially in the bloat.

I have been reading that bloaty is so individual for people and their food!

LORI
- I am going to be doing EXACTLY what you are doing. I am closet cleaning tomorrow! I have been meaning to get to it for a week now and everything has come first. Tomorrow I start!

I am just rambling so I am signing off and might flip on a Netflix in bed. I like to cozy in - shut everything down and relax. It's 10:40 so its time.

Personals tomorrow!
HI BLUE/ TRIG/ NIC !!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2642   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 05:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori wow you are a closet organizing machine It is nice to discover some clothing you forgot and love to wear.
Hope you had a relaxing day and good football to watch with DH

Jaz, yea the ride there is nice. I expected more from Helen. It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I expected more German, Alpine type influences etc and I expected it to be 'prettier' in a way.....it was nice of course but I don't know, I had a vision of it in my head and the real Helen kinda fell short for me but it is a nice place definitely to visit once Glad you got there. So smart for having food with ya! That is super planning!!
Glad you are putting out feelers for work....the right thing will come your way and you are right that money can't always control your position, tad less means you might have a better job and easier on ya also...I so get that.

Nicco you are still around....LOL...we did send ya off tho HA

Blue glad things are coming in line for you with work and all...well I hope work sucks.....we can all attest to that

11 lbs down. nice to lose the lbs I gained. more to lose and I am doing just that. feel so much better with my control on plan.

mojo high in that area. Seafood today....tuna, shrimp, sardines. lighter fare cause I want more lbs gone fast now LOL but might have to throw some bacon in my day cause I am in the mood for it....I lose well on bacon and a lot of it

ho hum day here
do this and that chores

shop was nice yesterday at the mall with kid. in and out fast. 2 nice shirts and 2 jeans she loves. done deal. told her the wallet is CLOSED

told hubby that also....spending way too much. bleeding it out....time to rein it in. whoa wallet LOL

waiting to see how I roll on this day. all good, everyone be good and have a fab day
  #2643   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 08:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig....11 lbs down!! Woohoo!! You sure are in the zone. I'll weigh in on Friday and see where I am now.

Good deal on finding the jeans etc that DD was looking for. A happy teen makes for a happy family.

Jaz.....have fun cleaning your closet today. It does feel good when it's done. DH took 2 big bags of clothes that I've been accumulating to the Goodwill box today.

Glad you had a nice day yesterday. A lovely drive, but too bad it was so crowded. Kudos for taking your own picnic lunch. Saving $$ and eating well!

Nic...get that packing done girl! I'm sure you're getting so anxious. I forget if your DS is going with you, or is it just you and DH making the trip?

Blue....hope your Sunday was relaxing and you're feeling recharged and ready for the new week.

--------

Not much happening here. I'll go out for a walk later today as the sun is shining and it should warm up nicely. When I walk I'll pop by the post office as I sold another pair of leggings on Poshmark and have to get them mailed out.

I'm eating lite today, so just coffee so far. I think DH may go out archery hunting this afternoon, so I'll just warm him up something when he gets home. He wants to go out for ribs some night this week, so that's another day off cooking for me. YAY! I didn't order a Green Chef box this week, so I'll have to figure things out for myself. I'm actually switching boxes again and am going to try Home Chef. Yes, another coupon code for $80 off the first 4 boxes. I'll get my first box next week.

Ok.....I need to have a cup of tea to help me put off taking in any calories for awhile.

Bye!
  #2644   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 08:28

BF:

Good Morning! A Monday that started nice and slow! I LOVE IT. I was up until almost 12:30 last night. I just wasn't tired.

TRIG- My mouth fell open reading your post! 11- OMG 11- SOOOOOO HAPPY and let me say : WELL DONE!!!
You and I have flirted with this and that. You "found" that sweeter spot and grabbed ahold. Ride it high!!!! Plus you are inspiring others! I am so happy for you!
I won't recognize you next time I see you!
I know you have worked for it!!!!!

Lori- Hey there!!! Are you back to your yoga routine this week? Any plans to reschedule with your sister? How is she feeling? You hubby didn't get it did he?

BTW- I am going to ATTEMPT to make Thousand island complete with the chopped egg and kamata olives over romaine. It will compliment my salmon I am making for my OMAD. It sounds great!

Funny story I pulled out my Yoga video- it was so slow I almost fell asleep. I need something maybe not for seniors! Not there yet! It did not get my heart pumping!

Like you today is closet day. I need to organize. Then I want to vacuum again. I am loving a super clean house. I guess I got used to dust. Now that is gone- I want to keep it gone!

NIC- I know you have left- Tomorrow. Last minute details today I am sure your head is in the details! say good by!!!!! Safe travels. What time is your flight?

Blue- Hey, check in please! You are missed. Doesn't need to be a book!
I just ramble when I have nothing! - Hey making your salad dressing tonight! I might take a pic even!!! HAHAHAHAHA-
----------------------------------------------------------
Oh how I want 11 pounds down! I would be ecstatic! I am so proud of TRIG!
I get to about day 3-4 then I have the screaming hungrier and LC veggies do seem to hit the spot. I have lost all of 4 pound and stopped again.
At least it is not bouncing up. It is a loss!!!

I actually stayed up applying for another 6 positions yesterday. Bring my total just yesterday to 9. I am tossing pennies. I am not just sticking to what I know either. I am opening up my head to other possibilities.

Nothing else moving and shaking. I have a slight headache. I sometimes still get those with a weather change. Today is supposed to be awesome. Then the rains move in tomorrow for the next 3 days.
If I get super motivated I might take Bella to get her nails done, they need clipped/ grounded. Ok- all off into my day.
  #2645   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 11:25

BF:

Back again!

Just had to report....back from a 2.5 mile walk....fasted! It is almost 1:30 and I haven't had anything yet. I know this is no big deal to you OMAD girls, but it is for me! I'll probably eat around 3.

Jaz....hope your dressing turns out yummy. They use green olives in the dressing at the restaurant, but I suppose Kalamata would be good too. I love them!

Yes, a full schedule of Yoga this week, I hope! Twice a week is the norm. I can't do the slow yoga either....boring! Look up a PiYo video on YouTube...that should be more your speed. It's a lot like what I do in Sport Yoga.

Off to the shower and then I'll think about eating a bit.
  #2646   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 15:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone,

Just popping in real quick. Running around like a chicken with my head cut off, which you would expect. Plus my Menieres is acting up, probably exacerbated by stress, so I've got mild vertigo running in the background. Started a four day course of prednisone which isn't making me feel great either, so those two things together just sort of suck. Dragging myself along though and have all the laundry done, most things on my list are checked off etc. Getting there! I haven't done the physical act of packing but will do that in the morning. We fly out of Philly Tuesday evening. Direct flight into Amsterdam arriving Wednesday morning.

I have some good news!! DS17 received his first college acceptance in the mail today!! Neither of us were expecting anything to come this soon at all. Applications weren't even officially due until November 1, so I thought he wouldn't' get any notifications until some time in December at least. This is an in-state school and one of his preferred schools so that was definitely exciting and I am SO GLAD I was here for that. I almost missed it!! I would have been crushed to have missed out on the moment that he got his first college acceptance.

We celebrated and cheered, and then I reminded him that his goal this year is to not F it up- stay the course and complete his time in high school on a good note.

He did say that he was so glad he got all his apps all completed early. His friends who have early action stuff due on Nov 1 and are trying to get transcripts from the school etc are freaking out right now and he is on easy street. He's glad about that. Momma knows best!

I have read along with you guys but I'm just going to leave it here for now, except of course a big congratulations to Trig on 11 pounds down. That's amazing!!
  #2647   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 21:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

This is going to be a skimpy post as I have been on the computer for almost 12 hours now, finishing up the most demanding part of latest project from BC. My eyes are crossing at this point, and I really don't want to spend one more minute on the computer.

But I DO want to be here and say these few things:

Nic---I think it's finally time for Bon Voyage? Wishing you as much calmness as is possible in just getting out of here and getting there---and then you and I both know, it will be mostly heaven.

Trig---11 pounds down! So proud of you girl. You've got this. KEEP GOING.

Jaz---Glad you enjoyed Helen. Meh, it was a day somewhere else, right? And THAT has value no matter what. Great to get out from our home walls, if for no other reason than it just makes us happy to be back home.

Lori---As always, you seem so balanced and able in your approach. Heh. I know you probably don't see it that way, but interesting to hear how people outside of ourselves hear us, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On plan again today. Slowly feeling my appetite for bad things diminish greatly. Heck, Feeling my appetite diminish greatly, period. Nothing like LC, no matter how we do it, for that.

So much more I'd like to just burst w/saying, but I'm just plum pooped, and like I said, don't want to spend one more minute on the computer today.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Oct-28-19 at 21:13.
  #2648   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-19, 03:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Decided to just get up when Gabby wanted out this morning at 4. I was awake anyway, and ready to get up. I went to bed at 9 after all!

I had a great DD yesterday and just had to weigh myself this morning, even though I said I was going to wait until Nov. 1. Close enough! A new low!! I could just feel it and wanted to see the number on the scale. Trig....11 must be the magic number, as I'm down 11 lbs now since starting doing the UD/DD thing 10 weeks ago. It would be nice to have it come off faster than a pound a week, but at this age, I'll take what I can get!

I record my weight on an App called Libra and this morning it finally said "Normal" instead of "Overweight" or "Obese" under the BMI category. Not that that means anything, BMI is not really a useful measurement. Anyway.....

-------

I have Yoga this morning at 8:15 and then nothing else really on the agenda. I may go for a walk this afternoon...have to check the weather forecast. I know we have rain coming later this week...Thursday, I think.

We're going out for dinner tonight to a place where DH likes to get ribs. Not sure what I'll decide to eat. Glad it's an UD....

I'll be back later to see what you all are up to!
  #2649   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-19, 05:42

BF:

Nicco SAFE TRAVELS and tons of fun which I know you will have!!

So happy about DS17! You lucked out on the good/smart kid situation in life....you got a fab bunch! well not luck, momma and daddy made sure they were raised in fine fashion

Lori CONGRATS on a new low....so happy....and see, you were saying you were stalling and stuff and boom....holding plan so well as you do the body gave it up.....happy it is all still going well for you....rock on!!

Blue, we all got funk times. We all power thru and gain back mojo and energy and free time to relax.....yours will come again

Jaz.....down 4, HOT DAMN! You were stagnating and now you are rolling along again. that is wonderful. Crap job gone, less stress, focus ON you and your balance in life......you are doing great my friend! You keep rolling along and finding your center.

thanks all
down 11 for me and Lori
I know a lot for me is water weight but it is cool. It is a down, take it any way I can LOL

I am in weight loss mode. Very very hard to get back here.....you know when one is in real active weight loss mode and is going for just that.....down the scale. But my weight loss mojo is back. So I am running with it fast and furious. Re-centering myself. Doing well.

I credit Lori for starting her EOD chat. That got my toe in the water again. That got me cleaned up more and more and then I found a heck of a lot more mojo and ran into my zero carb eating again. I am gaining it all back....not the lbs...lol....all the benefits. Energy high, mental clarity...huge impact from being in a fog, lbs. dropping, everything aligns so well for me when the right food intake happens. THANKS LORI You got me jazzed again and I appreciate it

dog to vet later
might rain? cloudy out there, gotta check weather, no clue what the few days are meant to be here.....lol.....I don't even care anymore. I feel great, weather be damned HAHA

but I AM still waiting for summer again ya know~

home for few chores.
not sure what else I might do.

stuck a chuck roast in the crockpot yesterday. got it in the fridge. I like this reheated so it is one of my few meats I can easily store and reheat.

Last bit of food around 7pm last night. Chatted with PilotGal on the other thread and she said when she is not hungry she 'just goes' with it as long as she feels is natural, which gives her a great fasting time period.

Since I woke up totally not hungry today, in fine feeling, I am going to just not eat til I really must eat. Not push it in any way tho. Usually around 4-5 my mind would be 'time to eat since ya hadn't in so long and yes I would be hungry' but it probably won't be monster hungry.....so gonna just go as long as I can naturally. Without feeling stressed about 'having to fast'. She gave me a good insight into it again.

I have SO many plans....tricks...tips....extra info..macros, kcal counts, carb counts and more from old diet plans in my head ya know. Just so so so many. I find I get mixed up in that the eat this, not with that, only this much fat, cut this and cut that and do more of this and force fasting times and experiences from SO many people I have read over the years...….one thing comes to mind again.

DO FOR ME AND NOT ONE OTHER PERSON in the food dept of life.

I want MY natural food rhythms. I want MY natural hungers. I want balance and control and calmness. Less thoughts on food and eat the foods that suit ME.

This is 1000% about my personal needs in this lifetime. No one has a say in it other than me! These thoughts work so well for me

off to get moving, got a load and gotta hit the dryer than fold....laundry....that I don't need in my life HAHA
  #2650   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-19, 03:21

BF:

hubby off to drive to Virginia for car job.

up super early as usual

everything is going great here but the big rains are coming...some storm covering most of us I think. So rain day but off to mom's for usual shopping trip then home to do whatever.

planning on easy simple day here. I am not in the mood for anything fast today. Just chug along.

fine day all
  #2651   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-19, 05:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Just you and me again Trig?

Slow day here too. Flu shots this afternoon and DH has a meeting tonight. Exciting day, right? I should go to the gym or go for a walk or something. Maybe a couple cups of coffee will boost me to do something.

Thinking of Nic across the pond. Hope you had a great flight and have a wonderful time with your DS.

Jaz & Blue....hope you check in soon.
  #2652   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-19, 08:48

BF:

Good Morning from RAINY and foggy Atlanta!

I realized as I crawled into bed last night I didn't post yesterday!!!! How did THAT happen?Q?Q?Q?

NIC-
I was up and down all night- I was thinking about your flight over the ocean! I would have to flight over the ocean at night, that and SOMETHING to knock me out! - hopefully you are there and getting settled. HAHAHAH- Now that we KNOW you are there, tell us all about it!

TRIG- - I LOVED your post yesterday! You are more than in your your ZONE. Trailblazer! Do you know you have over 800 people watching your new post! Wow!!!! Talk about starting a interesting thread! You had better not leave us though!!!!! LOLOLOL- Don't forget us little guys!!!
No, in all seriousness you are doing great. I am so happy not only are you getting what you need to thrive, you are sharing with others that are like minded and need that direction. It's awesome!

Plus add in you are dropping the pounds at warp speed. I like what you said. This time it is not about comparing what ANYBODY else is doing. You feel great and you went for it. I like that you pulled out a time where it was working for you. Then you figured out what was different and went back there. Well done!

LORI- How are you! I take it you are feeling much better!!!! Was thinking about you sipping coffee in a large farm house kitchen! Did you ever send a pic of your house? Do you have a fireplace in your kitchen. A lot of those older farmhouses do! I think those are so cool!

You know I ATTEMPTED t make that dressing and I screwed it up. It tuned out HOT/Spicy. It was ok..... But that was not the flavor I was going for! I added a Korean hot sauce when I ran out of ketchup. BLECK!!!!

I have time today to check out those videos you are loving! Of course I need to go back and look them up because I was to lazy to write it down! But hey- today is almost a putter day.
What are you doing today? You getting the rain too?
Whats on your menu? - does your hubby like to work out with you ever?

BLUE-
HELLO!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
It does seem quiet when we aren't all here! I love the energy!
Speaking of energy- I slept in again until 9. That seems to be my new normal, not working. It just feels good. I am staying up later too- so it sorta balances out.
Last night I was not tired. I kept rolling around and my mind was racing a thousand miles a minute. I will not nap today- but maybe go to bed earlier. I didn't sleep well.

Today is working on computer day. I check in with unemployment. I will also check out USA jobs. I haven't been on that site yet. I know I used to have an account but don't anymore.
It is amazing how much time it takes to apply for stuff. It is a full time job!

I have also been thinking outside the box. One idea is to just get a part time job (nursing)- that will cover my bills and then attempt to start a side job.
Some ideas are finishing that book in my head and self publish
Ebay- I have and account
Nurse for rent- help people navigate the system and personalize a plan for them. I would need them to pay cash. So it would be a select type of people I would cater too there.
I am thinking...............

The thought of a 9-5 in another gray cubicle farm leaves me cold. This is my opportunity to re-invent myself.

WOE- no changes. I picked up some Angus ground beef yesterday as well as some high quality chicken breast. I will do something with it. I am thinking about simple Lc sloppy Joe. And chicken strips. Make enough for today and tomorrow. I am going to skip the veggies for a few days and see what happens. I had to toss an entire bag of green beans I never made. They got moldy- I am tired of paying money for food I don't eat. I need to really reign it in. Especially now that $$$ is accounted for. I can't be tossing it in the trash!

Ok ladies- I am going to a in today as it is pouring out. I never did get to that closet either!!!!!! Best intentions!!!!
  #2653   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-19, 09:12

BF:

Lori I hear the funk. We got the big rain happening here and gray cloudy day and I am off a bit also. Sunshine still is my fav but I ain't as funked right now in the rain as before.

Flu shot. I don't do them, but mom does and she got hers with no effects. I just 'hate it all' when it comes to 'whatever pharma' throws at me but when I get a bit older, yea I might do one cause heck, the flu can kill if ya get the real deal flu and I am probably too chicken then to not try it....BUT I think I am invincible now HAHA which I probably am not, it can take out all ages. What is wrong with me HAHA I don't know LOL

Jaz....hell yea it is re-invent time.
but don't do part time UNLESS that money will be what unemployment will pay ya. Keep on that and see what goes down on a free check ya paid into and go from there.
If unemploy will never happen, sure money is important but if you think that check will come in good time and be true, you sit back and wait. Cause that gives you real time with a check coming in to truly reinvent how ya wanna roll.

I love love love your new enthusiasm. You got this Jazz and we got your back

Yea veggies here hit the trash all the time. When I was doing a salad I could control it more but if kiddo is the only one doing salad I have to throw a lot. Ain't doing it either. I stopped buying it all. No fresh veg. I buy frozen so when kid says I want brussel sprouts out of the freezer they come and she is happy. Fresh ones and she ain't in the mood, into the trash...ugh....hey we gotta make all the demons work best for food in our house vs. what goes into the trash. I SO GET THAT!

know what is on my mind. Lobster.
darn prices are too high. I need like at least 8-10 tails to even pretend I am happy but I want that taste but ain't gonna afford it any time soon LOL oh well.....geez, shrimp, scallops, crab legs on sale....I will just have to default to less......less by butt, HA that food is delish who am I kidding, I can live without the lobster I want but one thing I can sure say, my mind is working on how to get a ton of lobster at a low price...heehee

we are all doing well and that is great!
  #2654   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-19, 20:55

BF:

how was your day?

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Oct-30-19 at 21:11.
  #2655   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-19, 02:51

BF:

stupid early. 4:45 am. ugh. I want to sleep til at least a 5 on the clock

haha

farmer in me. early morns are so natural but older I get I would like to sleep a bit later ya know LOL

felt thinner so checked scale.....down 1 lb. WEE
finally getting off the lbs feels so good again. active weight loss mode, got the mojo still, just gonna run with it all.

today is moms. she cancelled yesterday cause she didn't want out in the big rains, so shopping today. but heck rain today but she will go out in it I am sure. will call her later and check in and see what is going down.

nothing much doing. just this and that.

defrosting a lot of meat as usual. no idea on food today. I got a nice sirloin steak I need to attack. got a ton of bacon on my mind tho….sure I will woof down a lot of that sometime in my day

other than that, usual stuff. boring stuff....ya'll know that one

great day
Closed Thread