Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2611   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 06:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Glad you had a good meal in Hiawassee. I have heard of that place because of its proximity to the AT and hikers stopping off there in town.

Really glad you are feeling so well! You are doing great.

Lori- Hope you are continuing to get better, a bit at a time. Also hope all those Advil cold and sinus didn't dry you out too much!

Great news about the massage work on your shoulder!

Jaz- Good on you for sleeping in. You have a lot of sleep to catch up on and stress to recover from. Do it!

I'm sorry you got hit with IBS yesterday. You have a lot going on still and I'm sure you (and your body) are still processing it.

How was the HOA meeting?

Blue- LOL No, I did not drop the baby!

So glad you are enjoying the joyful process of creating and working. That is what really matters. Proud of you, Girlie!

Yay for being on plan, also!

••••••••

Checking in.

Yesterday's PD job went well. Neighbor is not a typical client, in that she already has a TON of support- lives with her Dh, her 2 year old and both of her parents, who are actively involved with the kids. She and her mom are both at home. Still, it was nice to be there and help when I could and get some hours toward my first of three families for certification. Being a second time Mom, there wasn't much she needed in terms of education, but I was able to provide her with some information about area resources and such. She tends to mostly hang out with her Mom at the house, I think, but she and her DH are going to be moving to their own place and it would be nice for her to be involved in a Moms group.

Her newborn is teeeeeeeny! Under six pounds! Such a tiny little peanut!

The ribs I made yesterday were just delish. Lots left over for later in the week.

Concierge work last night went smoothly with no big issues.

Today is my last MoW shift in the morning, and then Concierge tonight 4-8. I feel comfortable with MoW coming to an end as life has gotten busy. I'm glad I gave them five years but the time has come.

DD today.

DS17 was asleep when I got home at 8 PM last night! He slept all the way through to today. Said he felt rested this morning.. I would think so!
Sponsored Links
  #2612   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 08:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Not much to report today. Still feeling tired and blah, even though I've been sleeping really well. The cat has chosen to be outside the past 2 nights, so no middle of the night roaming for me.

No yoga class this morning as our teacher is on vacation. We'll be back to it on Thursday...I hope! As far as my eating, I'm just listening to my body and keeping to LCHF.

Doing some laundry and just sitting inside watching it rain. I haven't heard from DSis this week. She wasn't feeling too good last week either, and said she'd decide this week if she's going to come to visit. I really hate to think about her driving 2.5 hrs. to get here. She doesn't drive long distances anymore...not that she's not capable, I just worry.

I spent a couple hours this morning watching Dr. Sten Ekberg Youtube videos. He's all about Keto/LCHF & intermittent fasting. He has such a great way of explaining how the body works. He gives me motivation to soldier on!

Washer is chiming......gotta run! Have good days!
  #2613   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-19, 08:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Tue Morning Ladies!

Trig So glad you made it home safe and on plan!!! You sound absolutely stellar! I love to see your posts! You are on fire right now- ride it like the wind!!!!
I totally agree that each of us knows where we flourish the best!!! I think to settle into what works for us produces such a peace of mind.
I also agree that SIMPLE is so much easier to deal with. Takes all those temptations out of the equation. At least for me that seems to work best.
Agreed the rain was needed. However the tomorrow and Thurs- are supposed to be 10/10 sunny, bright blue skies in the upper 60's. I am going to Helen tomorrow!
Nothing is stopping me- I am putting on my walking shoes and going!!!!!

Bella is back to her bouncing self- so I feel ok to leave her for a few hours and biggie up there. I will walk around in the beautiful day and be home in time for dinner. I have tons of leftovers. Eating out is not real appealing to me. I am cool to get a steak for 10 bucks and toss it on my own grill. Save 10 bucks and tip.

So thanks for the tip to go!
Tomorrow- get out and about- find a new trail!!!!- URGH..... On the hubby eating crap feeling like crap.
Unfortunately I hate to say it, but we all have to get to a place we have had enough. But we all arrive there in our own time!!!!!

BLUE- LOOK at you talking about next projects. Sometimes those smaller ones give us the most joy!= PRICELESS!!!

On the WOE- I truly think that just taking one day at a time is the way to go!!!!! Just do what you can do for today!
I know you are not going to sit in rain drops forever- when your sun does come out you will have brilliant red and yellow leaves!
Maybe there are parks nearby you and the hubby can go walking!

If it's any conciliation to you I still don't know what I want to be "when I grow up"!!!!!!! May we never grow up, but allow our creativity to shine forever!

Lori- - Hey THANK you for sending a like and thinking of me!!!!
I am so glad you are feeling better and got an awesome massage!
Your sister comes for a girls weekend in this weekend right? Do you have plans or are you two hanging in? I know you will have a great time.

NIC- I too image you are packing and tidying up for your trip! I am so excited for you! Seriously! So, what stops do you have planned?
Are you taking your nubby sweatshirt? I love that shirt and wish I had ponied up the money to get one! Hey, next time I am in Charleston I know where it is! I really liked that General store the best!
Did you get your shoes yet????? I know you wore them in Charleston
---------------------------------------------------------
I applied for 2 positions yesterday. I have a few more to apply for to meet requirements for unemployment. I got my letter yesterday from UHC- of Separation. I found it amusing that the reason was : Involuntary on part of employee.
WOW- are you kidding me. They could have put termination. But it wasn't over performance- so they are on a tight rope and from the letter and call from HR- I think they know it. - SO it is done!

Honestly I am in no red hot hurry to plunge right back into a full time work situation. It has been nice to sleep in and read, and cook, and walk, and just BE.
There will be a point in which I get antsy- but I am so not there yet. I am still in recovery mode.

NIC- I need some commiserating here! My MOTHER is driving me crazy. She called me and I made the mistake of telling her I was turning down a date for tonight.
OMG- She just went off!!! First I do not need to give her a reason- to why. But I did anyway. I said he has a history of being over controlling and I don't do well with that.
She just lit into me about how I will end up a spinster if I don't shut up and put up. - Well you all know how that conversation ended up.
PUT up and shut up over a controlling MAN!!!!!- PLEASEEEEEEE
I told her this conversation is not going to end well. I was hanging up now and I did.

She called me back about 30 minutes later to say- maybe I could give a little and she is just concerned about me being alone.
First- Yes I am single, but she does not get I am NOT LONELY!
Second- When, and IF I meet someone he will be kind and I will know he is it. This guy in question is not.
I will have to guard my words a bit more close to the chest with her.
GRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Food- Yesterday I never got out of jammies. Took a shower and I was right back into the my lounge wear. I played on the internet, played in my kitchen and did a dance work out.

The sun just popped out and Bella is walking normal completely. If she had still been limping I would have taken her to the vet- but all good. She is back to playful self and bringing me balls. I will take the rest of the morning and get a few more resumes out there and then I am going to take a nice walk with her.
It is so wet from yesterday.

I do have some errands. I want to stop into the rec center to see what they have. I also want to run over to TJ's. It is about a 20 minute drive. I am out of my favorite spice. It is the 21 Spice. No salt- but I put it on everything. I spend all of 1.99 for it!!!

I would like to get out and about.

I have tuna salad already made up and sitting in the fridge, as well as a roasted chicken I will shred and add a bit of BBQ (TAD) and good for the next day or two.
I also have leftover sloppy Joe. So I don't need to cook today or tomorrow.

Off to a bubble bath before - heading out!!!

Have a great day- 100% on plan Stan

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Oct-22-19 at 08:43.
  #2614   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-19, 03:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco so glad you PD client went well. Great way for you to step into your roll in your new biz and learn how to work things best for your and your client. Cool.

Glad you enjoyed your years with MOW but when things are over, they are over....but you did well helping others and gave your time. It is nice in life we can have different phases.

Jaz, yea go walk Helen You are real close right? We had a 4 hr drive, well, 4.5 cause we stopped, got gas, stretched, walked doggie, took our time getting out there. It is fun, you will enjoy it. Can't wait to hear your report on it!! Heading into Helen you will probably go right by the campground we stayed at...Appalachian Campground. Eh, you might notice it LOL

Your mom is a hoot. Spinster....no one says that anymore Way too old school. Yea play your cards close to your chest if you need to. I would...make life easier on ya

Yea chill and relax a bit. You are more than experienced enough to catch a job when you are ready. Some chillax time is good for the soul.

Lori glad you got some new vids to check out and give ya some mojo to keep trucking!

Sorry you are blah. And your Sis is blah also.....yea I get ya on driving longer distances. I just don't like it anymore.....my mom is a 50 min. drive from me and old days it would blow by so fast....now it is like, OMG this drive is taking forever HAHA Short drive really but I swear it feels longer and longer the more I drive it

hey all

nothing much doing.

off to mom's today. Dr. appt for her flu shot at 10:30 then we go off to the grocery for some stuff. simple day.

then home to do a few things here....again, nothing major.

hubby has guy coming around 3 or so to check the fan in kid's bathroom. some type of water leak happening there. will get it checked out and see what is going down.....any type of water thing I hate. hope it is not a bad thing and can be handled quick. maybe some caulking around the vent pipe? who knows, will see.

food today is big cheeseburger patty when I get home from moms house.
then got shrimp with alfredo sauce tonight with sprinkle fresh parm.
got some sardines, pepperoni and cheese if in a snacky mood.
all going super well on plan! feel in control....key for me and I love that

great day all
  #2615   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-19, 05:23

BF:

Good Morning!

Still dealing with this lurgy.....don't you just love that word for being sick? Woke up coughing my head off which leads to a headache. Wonderful. Funny how I feel better and then I feel worse again the next day. What's up with that?

DSis is not coming this weekend. Her sinuses are a mess and now she feels like she may be getting a bladder infection. The two of us are quite a pair.

I was going to go do a little shopping today while my cleaning lady is here, but not sure I'll even feel like doing that. I was going to go to Big Lots and look for some storage baskets to organize my walk in closet a bit. I need to get my gym clothes in some sort of order. It is all in a big pile on the shelf and that is getting on my nerves. I want to roll all the shirts and organize them by tanks, tees etc and also by color. This is my exciting life.

------------

Trig....hope the fan repair is an easy fix. You just never know with home repairs.

Have a good day with Mom.

Nic.....Sounds like you'll really be able to help your first client to branch out a bit and get involved with other young Mothers.

What are you packing for your big trip? Any idea what the weather will be like? I suppose you'll take layering pieces to cover all the bases.

Jaz....Did you get a chance to watch any Dr. Ekberg videos?

Glad your pooch is feeling better. Always a worry when our fur babies can't tell us what's wrong.

Blue....hope your week is going well. Has your weather taken a nasty turn? Any snow yet? I hate to think of the cold, dark winter coming. We have it much easier than you do.....I can't imagine a Minnesota winter. Yikes!

Ok....more coffee and may have to break down and take cold pills again. Ugh.

Later!
  #2616   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-19, 06:10

BF:

Hello Friends!

Lori- Oooooh good word! Lurgy!! I have not actually EVER heard that spoken before but I think I have seen it in print. You win the prize!

Sorry you are still feeling low. It may be just as well your Sis isn't coming, just so that you really rest. Still, I know it is disappointing for you. Hugs.

Jaz- I hope you do go to Helen today. It is a fun little town to explore for a day. I enjoyed it. And maybe you can do Ruby Falls. It is right there, just some twisty turny roads away!

No, not taking the nubby sweatshirt I don't think. I will take a different one though to hang around the apartment in.

We are going to spots all around The Netherlands and then Belgium on this trip.

UGH I am sorry about your Mom. She needs to just shut her mouth!! That is not helpful at all and you are RIGHT to not listen to that kind of ASSVICE.

Glad your Bella is doing well!

Trig- Glad you are on point and doing well. Enjoy your time with your Mom. Hopefully the leak is nothing of any consequence!

•••••••••••

Quick hey all from me. Doula client 1 this morning and then meeting with Doula client 2 this afternoon-evening.

Other than that, things are fine. Work was busy at the desk last night so didn't get to eat my wrap as planned. Ended the day with something like 350 calories.

Up day today- meeting client at Longhorn Steakhouse so that will be good.

Nothing else to report really. Ended MoW and they had yet ANOTHER new scheduler there so no goodbye was said by me. Did have a nice goodbye with my favorite client. Done and done.

Hugs to all.
  #2617   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-19, 09:19

BF:

Good morning,

I am going to Helen tomorrow- have a few priorities today first. I googled it- 1 hour and fifteen minutes. Nothing!!!!
Going to be bright sunshine tomorrow. Going to put on my walking shoes and have some fun.

LORI- Urghhhhhh sounds like you might need an antibiotic at this point? - is your goo yellow or green? I would go at this point!
Are you post posing the girls get together?
I have not seen those videos yet- but will take a look at them today!
I love a good video- it really keeps us on track and motivated!

Trig- you sound so so so good!!!!!!!! - You have found your "zone" again and I am so happy for you. Nothing beats feeling great. Healthy and feeling good!!!!! Your on it!!!!
I will let ya know about my thoughts on Helen. Tomorrow will be a good day for it.
Is the kiddo back in school today?

NIC- - I know you are closing that chapter of MOW- and moving forward. You are a good steward of your time. I think the time you put in, was valuable even if it was not recognized by the higher ups.
You have your sights set on your stuff now. I am sure loving hearing about it! You have 2 clients already!!!! Impressive!!!
Are you excited about your trip?!?!?!?!?-
I can't wait to see the pics.

Blue-
- sounds like you are tooling around at your comfortable pace! Nothing better!!!!!-
Are you getting out and about? I bet it is so pretty there this time of year!
--------------------------------------------
I wanted today to be my "play" day- but I filed with unemployment and there seems to be an issue. I have called that office and it is so annoying nobody will pick up and you get put into a VM- and they never call you back- so off I go.

I need to go anyway to give them a copy of the letter from UNC stating my being out of work is involuntary. It appears on paper they aren't going to fight it. Now about the tuition. One step at a time.

My gut is still in knots- dang almighty it is uncomfortable. I hold stress there. That is all I will say about that- TMI I know!!!!

I also need to make some calls. I tried applying to a job I am really interested in. And it says I already have an account with them. So I hit lost password and it sent me another and then it says I need to make an account! Huge loop- I got frustrated.
I tried calling yesterday and again you get put into an automated loop and never talk to a real person!

Well I a doing all that today so tomorrow I can explore and take my mind off of it. It is supposed to be a beautiful day- so it's good.

I was on plan yesterday and the day before. But feeling wonky guts and not sure why. Stress? Redmeat? - I dunno. Whatever it is, my tummy says no thank you. No dairy either. So,
I am thinking eggs today- maybe sausage too. I have a chicken I could make some soup with. I need to do something with it. I cooked it and now it is day 3 in fridge.
Ate my tuna yesterday and sloppy Joe- very good.

I will figure it out-

On plan Stan !!!!!
  #2618   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 05:29

BF:

Lori hope you are feeling better finally....but then again that crap can hang on and make ya just off enough to make ya miserable
Hope you got everything organized....I hate dealing with closets and such

Nicco….very cool on your clients! YOU GOT clients now love it.
Longhorn, yum on the meat hope you had a good meeting with your client.

Jaz, yea still could be stress cause our bodies don't drop the stress in a second LOL it takes a bit for your true stress levels to drop.....you are still in a flux, uncertain and all, so your stress ain't truly all gone yet.....but it will be.

give us a report from Helen....can't wait to hear!!!!

hey all

repair to fan in bathroom not bad....got a new one put in.....he said something with the pipe from roof to ceiling or something but he said leak is fixed (hopefully...ugh...it better be LOL) and all is nice in there......only $300 for new light/fan and labor so not bad. done deal so far.

DOWN A LB...….wee.....Carnivore all the way LOL I am eating wonderful and dropping lbs. That is a great combo for me.

not bad after vacay and at least lbs are disappearing and not gaining

I weighed cause I felt bloaty and thought, damn I bet I am up and wanted to see but low and behold I am done one.....just a tad too much salt yesterday I guess. no biggie.

Today is hit grocery. Crab legs on sale. I despise the price but going for a treat for me and kid. Hubby said he wasn't in the mood for any so I save bucks with him not wanting any HAHA hey, makes me happy I can save some bucks.

My Carnivore benefits are wonderful and energy level is starting to go thru the roof.....hiking has to start again cause I can't sit too long or I go bonkers....too much energy LOL

now if the sinus would cooperate but sadly I live with it, control it and ain't gonna do nothing more about it ever.....just live as I can.....that does sap strength but when I am clear.....omg energy is super duper.

and I am clear today......I am full of pizz and vinegar. So off to get moving early and hit the store.

not sure on rest of day. gotta see where this day goes
great day all
  #2619   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 07:32

BF:

Jaz, you are still dealing with a lot of stress just because you aren't going into work every day. You are dealing with the unemployment and cutting of ties with the other job, trying to job hunt etc. It is a ton of stuff. I'm not at all surprised your gut still feels wonky, although I'm sorry for it.

Hope you are going to Helen today and having a great time!

Trig- So, are you doing exclusively zero carb or combining UD/DD and zero carb? I can't tell from what you write. Either way, super glad you are feeling so good and so strong. That is wonderful!! And congrats on the pound down!!

••••••••

Doula appointments both went fine. I had a few minutes yesterday morning in which I was completely awestruck. I mean that literally I was 'stricken with awe' looking at this now 6#1oz, just turned 4 weeks old, perfectly formed human. Her entire foot was the size of my pinkie finger and her head was the size of a baseball. Yet each toe, each finger, each nailbed was perfectly formed. Her nostrils look like a pencil tip yet worked perfectly as she drew in each breath. When I changed her diaper (she is still in newborn diapers, for goodness sake, and they are big on her!) I felt like I could accidentally just snap one of those teeny legs. I had to remember and reassure myself that babies are much more well built and resilient than they feel. You know? It was astounding. How lucky am I? It feels like such a sacred time and space to be entering into and sharing. This Mama is easier than some will be because she is doing so well, is a second time Mom etc. who seems to be taking things well in stride.

Then I met my other Doula client for two hours over dinner. She's a good distance away so I allowed plenty of time. Our talks went really well but she has SO MUCH going on her life. This is not a normal circumstance. I think she is going to have a difficult transition to motherhood. Heck, most of us do even in ideal circumstances!

I did, after consulting with another doula in my class, tell her that she also really needs to hire a birth doula. I know she wants that person to be me, but I am just not trained for that and neither of us need that added stress. Her goal is a home birth (she wants) or a hospital birth (husband wants) and she wants it to be unmedicated. She needs someone very experienced in pain management and positioning/laboring techniques. I am not that person! I appreciate my Doula friend helping me locate those boundaries and helping me find the words to use them, knowing how disappointed my client would be. And she was. But far better now, at 10 weeks, to process that than after a birth that didn't go well and me sitting beside her also feeling responsible.

I have a free day today!! I have a home visit at 5 tonight but the day is gloriously free! I have some stuff here at home to take care of and then I might run an errand or two before I head out. Those three days were much better and easier to handle than I had anticipated going into the week though, and it is good to know for the future.

DH is really stressed with things going on at work. It's not a great time to be leaving but then again for his job it seldom is. He will have to work a bit while he is there, but we'll figure it out. He's set up for data while we're gone through his firm.

Beautiful day today. Later gators!
  #2620   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 08:06

BF:

Nicco….sorry DH is stressed. Work for the guys is never a good thing in a way they work very hard but luckily the good bucks come in doing it....but the stress I hope drops for him sooner than later......NO ONE need to be there. I so get that!

WOW I loved reading about your clients and the little baby
Just crazy about life. I hear what you are saying, so fragile and adorable and scared to hurt something so small.....yet SO strong in their own right to survive and thrive. Loved what you wrote...…..and the other client. Smart to get advice, learn what will work for who in what situations. I bet there will be a ton of different scenarios you will be dealing with and with time and experience you will just breeze thru those conversations like they are old hat You are one smart gal and will just melt into your new career in great form!

For me I am doing Carnivore only. But it has put me right into EOD in a way again LOL without actually doing EOD as 'a plan' and 'following'. I eat huge one day and I eat almost nothing the next cause hunger is just gone.

I swear the true Carnivore way is just a perfect match for me...key is to stay here and thrive. So hard some times obviously as when one lets a bit of carb creep back in you can snowball so fast off what is so precious to myself and where I feel my best.

This time......FOOD. TOP OF THE LINE eating on Carnivore. No more playing with food in that I notice things like the 'tuna and mayo' and 'sardine tins' can't be a 'meal'......it must be a big old hunk of red meat for me to be truly satisfied. the other has to be side items

I think I am learning more about what I do need to do now to hold Carnivore and 'not have diet' mentality while doing it.

Heaven forbid Nicco…..I do think I am learning something about me and what it takes HAHA.....I get so jealous from those who 'things clicked' and they thrive......I honestly think after ALL these years of BS about what to do I weeded thru the 'mess of it all I tried' and realize what I must do to stay in the best place for me.....where I feel my best

I love chatting up this stuff.....WE ALL are so lucky we can chat what works for each of us and find our paths. It is so varied for us all but we each get what it takes for the other and when one of us...or a few....figure it out at the same time and thrive it is fun to chat up with all us doing so well!!!

got home from shopping.
saved over $60 on meat/shrimp and more. I gotta say I shopped a ton of fab sales LOL I did good....no shop for at least 2 weeks here or more hopefully....which is wonderful in its own right LOL

off to find something good to do now....we got sun, no rain which is nice

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Oct-24-19 at 08:19.
  #2621   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 08:46

BF:

Good Morning!

Back from Yoga, showered and enjoying a cup of coffee. Yoga went well and I really was feeling good this morning. Hoping the feeling good sticks this time! After a week of feeling like crap, I was tired of it. Fingers crossed. I really need to get back to my running/walking. I want to, but just not enough I guess. My mind is sabotaging me big time.

As far as the woe, I'm still doing a loose version of EOD. Since I've been sick, I've not been able to stick to a 500 calorie day. Body just was not putting up with that. Today I feel like I can have a low cal day...I'm letting my body direct me. I'd still like to have low days and high days, but not be so rigid with the calories. I really don't want to count. We'll see how that goes. I'll be weighing next Friday. If the scale is up, I'll have to re-access. I'm really not sure this old body wants to let go of that last 15 lbs that I "think" I want to lose. Feeling good has to be the priority. I'll never give up the LC, that's one thing of which I'm sure.

Trig....love that you're loving the carnivore lifestyle. I have many days where I am basically carnivore. Cheese and meat all day long suits me fine. Tonight I'm doing a shrimp stir fry, so will have a few veggies....no biggie.

Nic.....love your description of the wonder of a newborn. You will have so many good experiences with your Doula work. Hope your husband doesn't have to work too much while you're in Europe. Excellent that he can if he needs to.

Jaz & Blue......waiting for you to check in. Hope everything is going well.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my running around to Big Lots etc. Still have to get those organizing baskets for my closet. Haven't felt well enough to deal with it the past few days.

They opened a Planet Fitness right next to Big Lots, so I think I'll pop in and have a look. A lot of my friends have joined there. I can't give up my membership at the Rec Center because of Yoga, but I still want to look at PF.

Ok....out for now.
  #2622   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 09:12

BF:

Hello Ladies of the Thread!

Nic- I love the description of that babe!!!! NICU babies are precious! I am so thrilled for you in this endeavor. This is so right up your wheelhouse! Of course you can be a mom mentor- that is what you do best!!!!
I also love that your friend - talked you through boundaries. Sooooo important to know where to put them. It would be so easy to blur those lines. Best to lay them down in the beginning. I just can't wait to see how that develops!!

Sorry that the DH is having working stress! I so GET that! Hopefully your upcoming trip will help with that. But I get he is knee deep in something to have to put it on hold or pass it to a co-worker. Hopefully he doesn't bring that home with him. That is where I just lost control. I didn't have work life balance, no boundaries until it was too late.
Speaking of trips- you leave Fri/ Sat? - Are you ready!!!! I bet your son is thrilled.

Trig- You sound so frekin good right now!!! Go for those Crab- Oh hello YES!!!!!- I try to get them when they hit 7.99. Then I stock up! I think I have seen them for 10.99 now. I will admit I have gotten lazy I just buy the already lump crab in the container and make crab cakes!
I love those- The ones NIC and I make only have 4 carbs total. Well worth it- and they are omg yummy.

You are rocking this! - You should not compare yourself to anyone- keep on doing what works for you! That being said- I have not been able t do just meat. I got about 4 days in and added veggies.
I am super super supportive of what you are doing. I know it works for those able to do it.
I think I am still finding my way back to MY zone! It is really beginning to take a real form. More below!

Today is a beautiful- You have energy now! Lace up those boots sister and get out there!!!!

Lori- OMG, I am worried you are still feeling punk! Have to been to an Urgent care or your PCP? I would hate to have this thing knock you out like it did Blue!!!!
You are so wise to give your body a rest and lay low!!!! Listen to your body!

Blue- Speaking of........... Missing you're yummy posts. I know you are working on this and that. Don't think you need a book. Just shop up and put your dot down! We take you anyway we can get you! The good, bad, and everything in-between
--------------------------------------------------------------
I set my alarm to get up early and head out. I turned it off and am just now working of cup of coffee #1- 9:45 am. I so needed the sleep.

It has been one week today at 430pm that I was terminated. It does not feel like it has been a week. The first day or so I was like walking through water.
I agree with NIC- that much stress doesn't drop off in a day or two.

Ya'll are going to laugh - but Helen is getting pushed back a few days. Trust me I will get there. I am still trying to straighten out all the paperwork these agencies need for benefits. I actually MIGHT qualify for food stamps. Hell- why not try it. I filled out the paperwork yesterday. They need a copy of all my bills and unemployment paperwork. I need to make copies and go back there today.

That is a process. The place is dirty and reminds me of the DMV. Babies screaming- jammed full of people all wanting something. I wondered why I was in there.
All I will get is 130. a month. I spend more than that in a week.

Ok- I am not going to get political here- But I know my situation is ever so temporary. But most of the people I saw in the office yesterday, this is a generational lifestyle. I see why lower income people on food stamps are big. Carbs are cheap. People can't buy meats, and high quality food for 1.40 a meal. That is what is expected. 1.40 a meal. Are you serious? I see where people would buy a burger for 99cents. Cheap empty calories, rice, pasta, potatoes, cheap.

I will gather the paperwork together and run over one last time over there. What will be, will be. Either way I am good.

Ok- off my high horse. It is a beautiful deep blue sky and sunny today! High is going to be 70-71. Perfect day! I love it. Definitely a walk is in store!!!!!

Today is going to be a mash up of chillax and stuff I need to do. All under a back drop of a Gorgeous Autumn day.
I need to hit up the grocery too! I will be spending more than 1.40 per meal! Thank god I have it to spend. Saw the rainy day coming.

I have a closet that is screaming my name. I have clothes all over my bedroom. I have the girls coming over Sat. So I need to start putting stuff away. I might as well get it organized.

I applied for 2 more positions yesterday. One I am VERY interested in. It is a Director position for a case management dept. in the hospital.
I will look for about an hour and close my computer. = balance!!!!

WOE- One thing that is sticking out to me more than anything as I go through this transition is BALANCE. I am getting just how jacked outta whacked I have been. Not in a healthy way either. I am not surprised I have not lost weight. Not at all.

Going forward, that is going to be different. Balance is everything. I truly believe I am living proof of that. Time to put some good practices in my life. Sleep, learning to breathe deeply, healthy moving, and not stress out so much.

When I do get my next gig- I will be putting into place the work life balance. Meaning- the baggage gets put at the door at the end of the day.

Woe- I am working on what that looks like for me. I am tweaking again. I really tried to hop on board with just carnivore. I got to about day 3-4 and was getting hungry. So I found myself snacking in the evening. I never do that.

I do miss a the low carb greens. Not alot. But I missed them. Yesterday I had a salad. It was simple. I ran through a high end grocery and hit up the salad bar. It was very good and I felt light and healthy.
Mostly deep leafy- topped with a bit of rotisserie chicken, 3-4 olives- a couple cherry tomatoes and topped it with sesame seed. Super simple. No pasta / no cheese. It was good.

I will be making protein the main stable and adding a very LC veggie. Either collards, or kale, or something of the like. It worked for me before. I am going to keep it LC/ Zero.

We all have to do what works for us. Something I will stick with. What I love on here is that each of us have found basically what works. And it truly is CARB OUR WAY!

Carry on Ladies and have a great day!!!!
  #2623   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 17:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

OK, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! - LOL really working out the index finger.

I just wrote a really LONG heart felt post that responded to each and every one of you, as I know I have been MIA for a bit.

It freaking disappeared. So much effort and heart put into it. I could just scream. We've all been there.

No energy to write it all out again. I've been suffering from fall allergy problems and sinus problems big time. Medicating for it, which leaves me w/less symptoms but also less energy, more sleepy like.

There was so much more. But it will have to wait. Also, really struggling w/the woe right now. I'll get hold of it again soon, I hope.

And that's going to have to be it for tonight. But like Jaz says, it's at least a (.) and even a bit more.

What it ISN'T is all the thoughts I had in response to each and every one of you. That is my favorite part. So aggravated.
  #2624   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-19, 21:43

BF:

LOVE YOU BLUE>>>>>>>>>

You are HERE!!!!!
  #2625   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 06:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Having a nice, leisurely morning before starting my busy day. I have multiple errands to run, some shopping to do and then DH & I are going to our favorite restaurant for a nice dinner. They have the best Filet Mignon & broiled scallops....I'm sure that's what I'll be having.

It feels so good to feel good again. In talking to some of the ladies at Yoga, it seems that the "ailment" that I had is going around. The yoga teacher said she had the same low grade cold symptoms and tiredness that I experienced and that it lasted a week, just like mine did.

Blue.....I'm sad too that your post went *poof*. You always write such heartfelt and thoughtful posts.... I wish I could figure out what makes the posts go poof...it has happened to me many times as well.

Sorry you're dealing with sinus stuff. Lots of lurgy going around. Take care.

Jaz.....I'm sure you're drowning in a sea of paperwork the past week. Hope everything comes together for you quickly.

Your Saturday night plans with the girls sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Nic & Trig......big weekend plans?

Ok....time to plan my strategy for the day.
Closed Thread