Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2566   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-19, 09:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Was at the doctor today- all and any thing related to work I am going to take off line going forward.

Exhausted and so tired today- Denist appt first thing tomorrow

WOE was a mess today- Tomorrow is a new day.

I am not as a mess as this post appears to be- no worries

we didn't get the rain they said we would. But they came to do my back yard- it looks great. They lowered the price and I agreed! All good.

Back on the wagon tomorrow- today was an unexpected banana peel.... HATE when that happens. Just rough- tomorrow new day.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Oct-15-19 at 17:16.
Sponsored Links
  #2567   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 05:13

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I have come down with a sinus "thing". Yesterday my Chiro was coughing and complaining of sinus issues and didn't I start with it within a few hours of seeing her. Sigh......didn't sleep well and have a raging headache this morning along with body aches. Freaking fantastic.

Sure hoping this illness is short-lived. I'm going to lay low today and just rest and drink lots of fluids. I wanted to go out for a run/walk this morning, but don't think that would go well at all, or be good for me either. The only thing I'll do is make dinner tonight....if I feel like it. My last Hello Fresh box comes today and then I'm back to Green Chef next week. I think one of the dinners in this weeks box is crab cakes, so am planning to make those. Last night I made Chicken Teriyaki bowls with jasmine rice....really good.

Today is another UD, but not sure I'll feel like eating much. I'll just let my body tell me what it wants to get over this "lurgy".....as they say in Great Britain.

I'll be back later.....need to infuse more coffee now.
  #2568   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 05:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco very cool you are working on your logo and biz literature. That will make it feel so much more real to you when you have that little bit cemented down and you are a BIZ wanting to do business out there love it~!

yea the EOD can get confusing. When others effect us. I sure get that. I think also tho we have to put our foot down a bit to make it work like we all do here. If it works we have to incorporate our effort into it You got this as usual! You haven't been excited about something working well into your life so this EOD is fitting you great....don't let that slip away from ya I know you won't!

Lori....woo hoo on a new low Don't panic up. You are losing those last lbs. Your body is adjusting. It needs down time to register the 9 ya lost. It will. I would run as you always have. I would do your yoga as you do. I would not change anything. You stay off the scale!! Give it at least 2 weeks. Just do as you are doing. I don't think this is anything you need to monkey with....I bet this is your body resting and re-aligning from your loss on this EOD and will kick back in soon. I think you are in a very good spot. The scale will never move fast enough or often enough for any of us LOL You hold strong, you are doing wonderful!!!

Jaz what did I miss about work? take it offline but BE SURE to send an email to all of us....you know I gotta know Just breathe thru it all. You WILL come out from this in better form than ya think and new adventures are yours to be had in the future!!!

Ya messed up eating? I bet that has to do with the above work crap you mentioned and I missed it. Thing is the stress level is huge for ya. Messed up is gonna happen when the mind is under big duress. Like ya said don't worry....get thru it....your time IS coming when it all falls into place and your eating plan will be simple and easy and takes hold. I wish ya nothing but the best but at the same time I AM NOT worried about ya. Things will all be bright down the road. I know all good is coming for ya

hey all

dog to groomer at 8
wonderful ya know....no rain for like, what, 2 months and I take him in and it is raining outside. wet dog again real fast after this grooming LOL ugh
I just like him smelling great in the RV on this trip but oh well....deal with it

seems like 40-50% chance rain over the weekend for our trip. I don't care. We got monster sized golf umbrellas from long ago when hubby golfed like a maniac.....but I am gonna hit the dollar store and buy 3 cheap very small personal umbrellas for each of us to carry. store in rv for later if needed. so we will walk town etc in the rain on this trip if needed no biggie. I am gonna hike to the falls and more with an umbrella if needed LOL Rain drops ain't stopping me on this trip

I am letting go of EOD.....KIND OF.....in that I am back to pure zero carb. Carnivore. Meat/seafood/little dairy only. I have been doing this for a good number of days and I am losing veggie bloat. I tried to eat some veg to make my down days work easier. I hate it. I don't want it. I won't fight this anymore. So back to true Carnivore. I cleaned up my eating big time. I am back exactly where I felt my absolute best and cleanest and have my most resolve. My hunger is gone. My body is back into a rhythm that it lost when I flubbed around being near zero carb and then allowing some veg back and all....it's been a bit....but I feel that Carnivore is my truth. Point blank.
I will not walk away again

I feel fab right now. My bloaty is all leaving. My eating is wonderful. Bacon, eggs, sausage, ribeye, NY strips, pork chops, ribs, chicken and little cheese, alfredo sauces, garlic butter sauce....my shrimp is a staple now for me as a side dish, ain't letting that go cause I love it. Tuna, sardines, crab legs. Scallops and all my meat and seafood combos I adore.

I am back! I feel it! I know it! I know where I need to be and I am accepting it and loving it at the same time

My natural non-eating times are now happening. I am just not hungry.

Today is dog to groomer and then home to make 2 small chicken breasts with spices. I found a new staple love to eat.

I went shopping and bought 3 poultry spice mixes. OMG the first 2 were horrible. Some tough dominant spice I hate...like rosemary? or sage? or something nasty I tasted immediately. Both in the garbage....omg I hate throwing money directly into the trash, ugh....but unless you experiment with these spice blends ya don't know. So...….my third one. McCormick Rotisserie Chicken blend. LOVE IT. Takes SO little to change the taste of bland chicken. Something I can eat a lot of also and not tire of it I feel.

I noticed the last days when I have eaten my 2 chicken breasts with spice blend pan fried in grass fed butter.....omg. I can barely get thru it all. I am stuffed for an extreme long time and I am controlling ME finally. Back into that good pattern I lost and now I am in the mind zone and game of it all again. I feel very strong!!

I haven't been posting what I have been eating as much but if ya notice the last times I did it was ALL Carnivore on my list.

I barely ate yesterday. Just not hungry. So I think this will be my kinda down eating days and let nature takes its normal course with me with zero carb and roll from there.

Feeling strong. Bloaty leaving fast. I feel in control. I feel peaceful with my choices. I feel clear headed. I feel all in all just so much darn better

I know the way I am going. I won't leave it again and I will only improve on it I am sure.

So today is 2 yummy chicken breasts when I get home from the dog.

I got a nice NY strip for later. I am thinking bit of fresh minced garlic and butter and fry away and enjoy.

A Carnivore can't deny her fangs ya know LOL I don't want back to veg. Back to chewy icky wraps. Back to piles of cold lettuce salads that don't satisfy. Back to fake LC subs I don't want casue they don't taste right and I hate cooking LOL I don't want to 'work' at my food anymore. Slab of meat and done. Throw seafood on a plate and done. Add a bit of cheese which I love and done

I know me. I know where I have to go. I know where I have to stay. I know what works. I will do just that.

I remember one day so clearly. You know that one that stands out in your brain and you draw back onto it. Rare I have those days but this one is SO imprinted on me. I use it as my goal again.

One day at Cheraw or Drher Island State Park in SC....lakefront campsite last year. I was so much thinner. 1000% Carnivore. In my grove and doing so well. I was sitting in my chair under the RV awning on a beautiful hot day. I was eating 2 sausage patties. Looking at my kayak tied up to the tree at the lake's shore. I thought, wow I can't wait to get paddling and enjoy the lake in a bit. Then back to rest up and eat a cheeseburger on the grill and swim the rest of the day away in the lake. Just float around. Listen to the music. Enjoy the sun. I FELT SO FREAKING GREAT. My body was where it wanted to be ya know. I felt strong. I felt in command. I had a massive kind of freaky great energy level I adored and made me feel in awe of it actually. I ate my sausage day dreaming and looking at my plate sopping up the grease from my last few bites I thought.....ALL because of zero carb. 1 million percent because of zero carb I felt this wonderful. I banana peel'd as we all do

So I draw on that day. That day is putting me back to actually what I was to feel like I did on that day. That is my mojo now. That is my desire now. That is where I am going

It so reminds me of Mahogany song LOL LOL

It just puts me there.......I was flip flopping but I had it ya know. I had it in my hot little hands and let it go. I won't anymore. I DO KNOW where I am going to now

here ya go....try to get this out of your head later HAHA

Do You Know
Where you're going to?
Do you like the things
That life is showing you...
Where are you going to?
Do you know?

Do you get...
What you're hoping for?
When you look behind you
There's no open doors...
What are you hoping for?
Do you know?

Once we were standing still, in time
Chasing the fantasies and feeling all nice
You knew how I loved you, but my-spirit was free
Laughing at the questions
That you once asked of me

Now looking back at all we've had
We let so many dreams just slip through our hands
Why must we wait so long, before we see?
How sad the answers to those questions can be

Do You Know
Where you're going to?
Do you like the things
That life is showing you...
Where are you going to?

Do you know?

I know at least my way of eating in life HAHA

ok I went funky on ya'll a bit. Emotional mushy stuff HAHA
but now I gotta get moving out the door to the groomer fast.

check in later, fab day all
  #2569   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 05:55

BF:

Good morning - I honestly did not know what today was!!!!! I had to wait for the news to tell me!!!!! OMG! Rough week!

Woke up to rain today- we need it. I am hoping for a pretty fall, but the trees need rain.

Trig
- does the hubby come home today? Did he 'catch" anything? Did you enjoy your peace and quiet? I know you will be happy to get back into your routine! As much as you like it, I know you are looking forward to heading out as a family! That is next week right? Are you staying in a State park? Have you ever been to Helen?

Nic- - Maybe you should give Trig the same info you gave me about Helen! You were just there!
You have had a busy week!
Have you pulled out your pressure cooker lately?

Lori- I AM going to try (finally) a Yoga/ Pilates CD. It is done by Louise Solomon, ever heard of her? I actually HAVE a Yoga mat! I know!!!!!!! Shocking! I will give you report! HAHAHAHAH

How is your week going?!

Blue-
- Hope you are doing well!!!!! Are you still cool up there? That means a different clothes closet!
Something I want to do this week. Put away the summer stuff, and find cooler weather clothes and rearrange my closet.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I have a dentist appt first thing this morning. I will stop by the new Good will and browse for a few minutes before heading home. I am going to try that CD to see if I can't build some core strength!!!

Then I will finish up that paper work for that rebuttal. After that I will hit up job sites. I have gotten 3 responses back -
I am going to keep tossing pennies. That is ok.

Yesterday I didn't do well on the WOE. I have idea why. Not that WHY means anything. What matters is getting right back on track. Period.

Is it just me or is time spinning faster? It seems I get involved in something and then I look up and hours have passed! Wow......

I am still reading that book. I am almost done. I can't decide if I like it or not. It is a bit dark for me. Yet it is almost like watching a train wreck and knowing you shouldn't look, but you do anyway. That is this book.
I wouldn't go see it as a movie......

Speaking of movies......I can't wait to see Tom Hanks as Mr. Rodgers. It comes out Nov. 22nd. I happen to think Tom Hanks is the BEST Hollywood has to offer. He is HANDS DOWN the best actor I have ever see. Add the fact he is just a NICE GUY!!!! Hard to beat!

On that note- I am off to my appt.

Have a good one all
  #2570   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 07:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Yay for your new low. It doesn't matter if it is small, it counts!! Yay!

So sorry you are feeling icky. I went somewhere yesterday, I think the bank, and people were hacking and coughing. I could not wait to get the heck out of there! Rest up, drink hot drinks. Hug!

Jaz- Sometimes banana peel days happen. Right the ship and set your course toward the sunrise of a new day! I hope your dentist appointment goes well and you get good results.

Keep tossing those pennies, girlfriend.

And yes, I too am looking forward to the Mr Rogers movie!

Trig- Girl you are ON FIRE!! Glad you are in such a great zone and have such a solid feel for what you need and how you feel best in your body and mind. Good on you!

Hiya Blue!!!

•••••••••••

Neck deep in travel planning bc our Netherland/Belgium trip is coming fast and furious now. We'll be there in less than two weeks!

Had a nice long talk with DS21 via FaceTime yesterday. He told me all about their trip to Greece and texted me pictures as he was telling me. It was like Story Time! I am missing him and will be glad to give him a big hug. I know he is missing his family too.

DS17 is doing really well too. He is currently rocking a 3.8 GPA for his senior year! I know it can change but I'm proud of him and how well he is taking the reins. He is enjoying his job and independence. He is talking more too. Just a nice change from the past few years!

My Mom, on the other hand, is bugging the snot out of me. Remember that she lost the title to her car (the one I drove back to MD) and so we applied for her to have a new one sent? Well, she has it now and has had it for over a week plus. But she hasn't mailed it to my DD so she can get the car registered in MD. I have tried calling her over the past three days and my DD has too but she is ignoring calls because she knows we are bugging her to get the darn title in the mail!! She had it in hand before I even went to Texas. The longer the time passes, the more likely it is that she loses it and has to go get yet another one. I knew this would be the hard part- getting her to do the actual step of mailing it out. So annoying.

Down day today, trip research, a bit of doula work and then I work from 4-8 tonight as concierge. Good day. And we are getting RAIN and lots of it today which is awesome bc we are 55 days now without it!
  #2571   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 19:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---So nice to have you back!

Oh yeah, I too would be plenty irritated w/the mom. Is there any chance you could ask her husband to mail it for her? Or is that a matter of 6 of one, half dozen of the other? SIGH. Your mother is quite a challenge. Don't blame you for being frustrated as heck.

SO cool about T. Seems he is evolving and growing into himself in a very good way. And what we know as adults is that success begets confidence begets success and the whole spiral starts whirling its way up. I SO understand your joy at watching T work his way up that spiral. W/some kids they climb it fast and easily, others take their time, but man, when they get a grip on it, it is such a marvelous thing to watch.

Trigger---Oh girl, your post just so touched me. It was so full of fierce fight and well earned knowledge of yourself. I love that you are feeling so good, and that is a clear sign you're doing something right.

And you know, IMO, for every new experiment we try---in your case this time EOD, we learn something we take along with us on the path forward. I think EOD can be stretched and re-configured in many ways. What I like about it, even though I don't do the plan as written, is the idea that when we vary what we are taking in a day in terms of cals or carbs, it is a good thing---gotta give that body a bit of a surprise here and there, otherwise it locks into our routine and gets all happy right where it's at.

Also, BTW, I LOVE the song you gave the lyrics to. And yeah, that great old movie it came from. The lyrics have always spoken to me, so I totally understand where you're at w/these thoughts.

Jaz---OK girl, we'll take work stuff off line. But I hope you do involve us to support you off line. Because I'll tell you something, in my long freelance business career crawling thru one business after another---and I can't even count them all now---I have NEVER seen a company handle a firing the way this company is. It's some kind of cray cray to me, and I've been around.

LOL, in advertising or marketing when they fire you, you're out the door that day, with the boxes of all your office stuff right behind you. None of this we demand MORE of you as we say good bye to you. NOPE, haven't ever seen anything like it.

Not to worry about a banana peel or two as you go thru this. I thought Trigger said this all so well, I won't repeat, except to say you've got enough fish to fry right now w/out worrying about the occasional banana peel.

Y'know Jazzer, many people up against what you are right now, would just sink their faces into a bit bowl of whatever carbs, day after day. Carb food is so comforting and many will absolutely cling to it in hard times. YOU have not done this. YOU have done VERY WELL, on the woe, all things considered. So give yourself a break, let it go. Sometimes we're the only ones that can give ourselves the break we need.

Lori---Girl, imo you should ABSOLUTELY stay away from the scale for a bit. You're kind of horsing the results you want right now---by which I mean you want things going at a VISIBLE gallop, and the scale is very visible, sometimes in the most frustrating ways that really belittle the PROCESS.

As far as I can see, you are doing SO MANY right things, and some of them, as you mentioned, aren't scale friendly. Like exercising enough that the results influence the scale in a way that has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of FAT we're carrying. And that's the ball game. The fat on us. Everything else is temporary, and sometimes just what happens along the process of doing the right things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, life is what happens when you least expect it. So I picked up a few projects this week I didn't see coming, including from former Big Client. Of course they needed what they asked for in 2 minutes, so I've been up to my eyebrows in these last few days trying to satisfy their needs and quickly. I'm thankful for the job and the paycheck. That's the way it is, when it rains, it pours, and everything else gets set aside till you can put your umbrella down and relax.

In addition, my uncle died a couple days ago. My mother's younger brother and the last of the siblings in her family, which just feels sad. Y'know, as long as there's one left standing, you feel a membrane between you and your own mortality. My uncle was a one of a kind character, and a great support for my mother, and I will always be grateful to him for that.

Since I can't make it to the funeral in Florida this Saturday, I offered to write part of my cousins' eulogy. So in addition to the work demands, I've needed to turn that around pretty fast too. But was happy to do so, as it's a way for me to be there, when I can't be there in person.

Still, it's been a lot of intense writing, thinking and creating in these last two days, which is why I haven't been here. But I've sent off my remembrances of my uncle, and I'm 90% there on my work project. Will get up early tomorrow morning and complete it, and press send.

I really do enjoy these times of productivity, whether for sad reasons, or for business. I like getting my head totally into something again, and working my heart out on it.

AND-A-ROONI, am totally on plan again today. Getting back in my groove. Want to get back to those days that are comfortable for me to do OMAD more often. When that works for me, it really works, and more than anything else I've done, it shows results on the scale.

But it has to happen comfortably for me, and will never be every day. But sometimes it works for me several days in a row. Looking forward to getting back to that.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Oct-16-19 at 20:03.
  #2572   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 20:26

BF:

OMG I was Cross posting with Trig and Lori when I shut my computer.

I am now playing the song song Trig - Sang in her post!!!! I love it. Diana Ross did it so well!!!!!!
Thanks TRIG for sticking that in my head!
Thing is that is sooooooooo sooooooooooooo right on for me right now!!!!!
Where are you going to?????????? Do you know??????????....... I love it......... Man the 70 were something!!!!!! Music wise. They just don't sing like that anymore!

TRIG
-I just loved your memory of what is SO right for you! That is what works!!!!
Grass Fed Kerry Gold butter is the BOMB!!!!

I totally agree one does need anything else. Carbs get us in so much inflammation.
Totally inspiring!
You are leaving this weekend or next? You will have a great time- anyway you slice it.

Lori- I feel so bad you caught a bug! URGHHHHHHHHHH- HUGGGGSSSSSSSSS for quick 24 bug, and your over it! Fingers crossed.

NIC- I TRIED not to laugh about your annoyance about your mom. It's truly isn't funny- really. But gosh the way you wrote it was funny as snot!Not that snot is even funny- What the hell it was funny.
Hope you get it resolved!

I know you are getting into your up coming trip! I know you will have everything worked out!!!! It sounds like your DS 21 is truly living a story book life right now! Once in a life time trip! Truly! So cool he cold share it with his GF!

Look at the kiddo DS17 getting his act together!!!! -

We got rain the last couple days too- much needed. Sun is back out and much cooler. I can handle that!!!!!!!
I just love how everything is falling into place for you!!!

Blue- Hey there!!!! - Hope you well......
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well I am into day 2 of Short term leave for medical reasons. I will be getting some therapy starting tomorrow.
Meanwhile tons of paper work to send in to get it all approved and running backend forth to a doctors office- and Looks like it will be approved. My doctor was on board.
Back issues- These drives are killing me.

But let me make this big - BUT- I got a harassing call from my managers boss. My manager complained to her about my tone from a call on Monday. I told her if she continued to yell at me the call would be over. She gather up a big breath and proceeded to scream. I hung up on her. I warned her. I can't stand yelling.

So she called her boss- who called me today. Again I m now on leave. Techanically they are now allowed to call me. Well she did anyway. She proceeded to to me they are going to try to.................. are y'all sitting down retro active fire me from Monday. Are you f'n kidding?

I politely told her I was not feeling well and primly called HR and filed another complaint. This is bully and harassment to the hilt. The lady in HR told me they are not allowed to call me and ask me anything. Ya know they show no respect. -
It is going to cost me a few hundred through this process. I look at it as investing in me= priceless.

So TRIG-- You are right, I am good. I see them for what they are. They are panicking. - not my circus right now. I will not be taking anymore of their calls during this period. This is my time to heal- in many ways.

But truly in many ways- it is my health, more than mind and soul. I am feeling good that way. But something is off kilter. That is my work right now.

ya know when I got divorced - I left with literally the clothes on my back and and my car. That ended up repo'd.
So you know these TROLLS - have no idea the strength I have. I could eat and spit them out. I am choosing to be civilized and not allow them to get to me. I scare them and I know that. I rock the boat, I don't do status quo.

That is all I am writing about that.
Tomorrow I get a back eval. for physical therapy. I will be happy if I can build back some core strength.

Today was sausage and eggs- that was it. It was good too! I am not even hungry.
Tomorrow I have a huge T-bone. It is well ..... HUGE! HAHAHAHAH
I am sure I could put it away!

About seasoning- I like them too. I am just so careful when I get the ones are a mix to look for MSG. I get real bad headaches with that. It is a brain toxin anyway.

Well I am off to climb into a fresh bed!!!!! I am still reading this book- it is a dark drama. DARK DRAMA.
Maybe I need to read some spunky romantic trash novel. Speaking of.......... so I watched a movie tonight. OMG........... does anyone remember the move Bridges of Madison County? Lost love?
I hated the ending of that movie. But it is funny when I talk to other people they LOVED the ending.

Well this movie ended the same way. 2 people who meet, and it is a brief passing, but a real REAL spark is there. Both are in miserable marriages. So the movie shows them really digging each other and it leads you in to "see" them together. and BOOM- they choose to go back to real life into miserable marriages.

I hate ending like that!!!!!!!! - But it is funny, the other side of the coin is THEY ARE married, they should walk away. That is the crux.
I get it. - I love the HAPPY forever ending.
You know the Richard Gere climbing up the ladder to get the girl!!!! The happy ever after!
It was just a movie. Made me cry!

Ok off to read......... Sucked down my statin against my will. Hope it helps.

Nite-
  #2573   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 20:31

BF:

Ohhhhh I posted to find a juicy one from BLUE.... Lucky me!!!!
  #2574   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 20:51

BF:

Blue- I am soooooo Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I hear ya on it is sad! I also get what you mean about the last generation that goes before you. It is almost like a buffer- I get it, time marching on and the whole next generation this. Scary as hell. Truth be told.

I know it is morbid - but when I hear that someone died like ya know 95 or older it is sad, but it makes me think- they had a long life. then I hear ya know Tome Petty dies and I am a MESS. He is YOUNG and it never should have happened!!!!
The older I get as well and SEE people my age - my patients, really disabled I pause. Makes me truly want to snap up and work out!

Again HUGGGGGGSSSSSSSS- Feel ya sister!

Ending on a high note- YES YES YES on your project!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encourage on my stupid job- retro firing- that is a new one me. "THEY" are going to get back to me. Are ya F'n kidding????

Ok- now I am off to my fresh sheets. I am good. Truly.
I need some of TRIG's WOE MOJO
  #2575   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 21:56

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jazz---Oh for freaking cripes sake!!!! Retro firing? OMG, they are like the keystone cops---running one way one minute, another way the next minute, and then right into each other at the last minute.

What I think they mean by this, is they're going to try to say you were fired days or a week ago, and will see that in your paycheck. I don't think that's legal. But again, perhaps you need to share that latest threat w/HR.

I know it's just one more expense for you right now, but have you considered seeing an employment lawyer? They are out there. Not suggesting such to sue or any life draining/little chance of result thing like that. But rather ONE session to put your situation out there an ask what your legal rights are.

Had a pal who did that when she was being bullied all to heck like you are, by the company she was working for. She went ONCE, laid out her situation to the employment lawyer, and got for her money a great list of things her company was doing that were either downright illegal, or definitely worthy of a law suit---which she had no intention of bringing.

What she DID do is send the company a letter in which she named her employment lawyer, and listed the legal areas they were in danger of falling into should they continue. Closed the letter by saying the next letter would come directly from her lawyer.

Worked like a charm. They backed off, let their threats go, didn't fight her on unemployment. I guess just the fact that she'd seen and could quote a lawyer, w/promise of more to come, was enough.

No guarantees that will work w/your crazy mgt. but something to think about.
  #2576   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-19, 03:50

BF:

Lori so sorry you got hit with the sinus and headache. I feel ya sista!! I never like it either....best ya can do is take a ton of drugs and let it clear. I hope you are feeling a lot better. One nice thing is your Hello F and all means an easy grab for dinner when needed. You are so lucky that is sitting so well with you guys. Another way to take drudgery cooking out of your life How many times have we all said what in the heck to make for dinner tonight? Now ya know LOL

Nicco glad you are enjoying your rain We got some also and it was enough to take down the pollen from the air, clean up the outside stuff and make everything fresh again.

So cool your kids are doing so well!!

You had me laughing on your mom. Drives ya batty huh? I get it

One thing, mail her a letter with an envelope inside.....stamped, addressed and tell her to lick, seal and mail. At least that way ya know it can happen easily if ya force her hand....get that out in the mail to her today Hope ya get your paperwork soon now

Blue you are so right us all being lc pros, we can figure out how to put a little EOD in our days, a little of this and that and all and make a plan that works better for us personally. Definitely a win!!

So sorry about your uncle and I so get your feelings on the mortality of it all slaps ya in the face. My mom is the oldest of 7 and she is the last alive at 91. She watched everyone pass before her. It is sad when ya think about it all and how it happens for everyone. I absolutely feel the time marching over all of us feeling and it is just nature so we must deal and move forward best we can do right?

Glad you have some work coming your way! Don't let it stress ya out or anything.

Jazz ya got a f fest happening around ya....let them sink themselves

I would record any and all calls and tell them you are. I would say this call is being recorded and let them know ya ain't playing and they can't do retro fire on ya LOL what BS crap they are trying to scare ya with.

Nice thing is it will be all over sooner than later.....you get out from under them and hopefully take them down a peg or 2......go onto a bright shiney new job without the background drama and all WILL proceed for ya ok I am sure.....just have to get thru this bit of mess first.

Go to Dr. and start paperworking PTSD symptoms from your management giving you harassment. Have it put on paper. Do whatever it takes to fuel your side with positives that help you down the line. At one point ya would have walked away easy if they offered right terms.....now you should start to HR them to hell and back.....Start getting Drs report about how you are emotionally and physically being tortured by management and more. I would now play their game a bit and GO AFTER them a little Not much cause you don't want big involvement but I sure would be making their life a tad of a living hell at this point HEE HEE

You will be ok tho…...you know this is ending, make it a game for yourself to win a bit

Greg get back here

hey all
do this and that day

bloated up a bit. everything I ate was salt laden. I am feeling my body so much more so fast. That extra bit of salt and boom....I feel it like a ton on my body. I was sucking down tons of water from my salt fest food yesterday LOL

I realized with the shrimp/seafood additions I don't salt that, meats I salt the heck out of them...….one meal in my day WILL be seafood to not hit salt so hard. I felt better doing that...…..my mind is NOW surf and turf days. Yea I will try that

hubby back. saw deer, no one got one. He said they are jumpy and not really around and he didn't hear a lot of gun fire on his days out hunting at all.....deer getting smarter than the hunters finally LOL

Cold this morn. Weather got that change feeling coming.

Food today will be 2 chicken breasts with my rotiss. seasoning. Bit if cheddar.

Dinner, big azz bag of shrimp. Alfredo sauce with parm to dip shrimp. Oh yea...….I also have to watch my cocktail sauce. I use very little but I also noticed my tummy is getting on fire after eating that horseradish. I was cast iron gut before, now it seems foods are effecting me more and more....oh well....just have to watch it all. If I use cocktail sauce I think I will use it on brunch time meal shrimp, that way it is not the last thing left in my tummy to burn a hole thru it HAHA

Head released a bit from being wonky on sinus. Snots everywhere. Sneezing fits. Ear cloggy feeling leaving a bit.....I tell ya cut off my head and I'd be 100% healthy.

just cruising thru the day here......great day all
  #2577   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-19, 05:27

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....great suggestions from your support system here. I know you will come out of this ok....you are a survivor! They don't know who they're dealing with here! Just don't let them steal your joy thru all of this mess.

Nic....It is so great how your son is coming into his own. Doing great in school, working and enjoying a new job, and communicating with you too! Score! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Europe. You are going to have such a great time.

Trig.....you are laser focused girl! You know what works as an eating plan for you and you know how to implement it and hold strong.

I forget when you're leaving for your trip...is it today or Friday? Is the weather forecast looking good? Hope DH had fun at hunting camp.

Blue.....So sorry about your Uncle's passing. I know what you mean about the feeling when the last of the generation is gone....pushes us right to the front of the line, doesn't it? We just need to make the most of every day and enjoy it to the utmost.

Hope your new projects come together nicely for you.
_______

As for me....I seem to have cut the cold/sinus thing off at the pass. I spent yesterday being fairly miserable, but dug thru my medicine cabinet and found some remedies. Zicam, Coldeeze etc. Took it all throughout the day along with drinking my tonic of apple cider vinegar mixed with water. Sipped 2 glasses of it thru a straw during the day. Not sure if all that really had anything to do with it, but I feel better today. Just a little congestion and no sore throat. I'm going to Yoga today as planned and hopefully I'll do ok.

It's cold and windy today, so I'll go to Yoga and then stay in the rest of the day. It's a DD, so lots of hot tea etc. I made Hello Fresh crab cakes last night. Quite good, but not like Maryland crab cakes....they are the best by far.

I've decided to not weigh myself until November 1st. Actually, it'll be November 2nd, as the 1st will be a DD for me. I like to weigh after a DD. My sister is coming next Friday for the weekend, so that will mean extra eating out etc. That will probably result in less loss, but that's life! It has been well over a year since she's been here....I've been making the trip to her for the past year, and now she wants to come here. It'll be nice to have her. I have to plan some special things for us to do while she's with me. There is a local winery that's having a Halloween party, but she's really not a Halloween person. We'll see what I can come up with....all depends on the weather too.

Ok.....have to finish my coffee and get moving. Have good days!
  #2578   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-19, 07:12

BF:

just fyi

started a Carnivore thread over on 'lc plans' category.

hell yea that is what I am and that is what I eat

any people who want to chat up let's go for it and chat Carnivore since if one is a meat eater person, you know what I mean and how I roll on meat/seafood LOL

to anyone who wants to join in and chat it up BUT I DO NOT want any pain in the butt 'skeptics' who want to SHOW pure reasons it is wrong. Ain't going there with anyone....this is ALL ABOUT WHY IT IS FAB. Ain't debating...done too long to know what is best for me and if you don't agree...get lost LOL

This is not directed at our thread here LOL Just throwing out a small post to say Carnivore is open to chat if ya eat that way!!!

heck yea...Carnivore all the way!
  #2579   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-19, 08:19

BF:

Good Morning GAL PALS!!!- I woke up to the first COLD HOUSE of the season and LOVED it. I put a fire in this morning and it is gently heating the living room as I type to you this morning.

I want to pause here for just a second to share my appreciation for you ladies! Seriously. You all have seen me through SO SO SO much. From Greenville - tons of interviews there to taking my "DREAM JOB " here. And everything in-between. Speaking of dream job- ya know I moved here for this job. Bought a house close to the office. Life lesson learned here. NEVER again will I dump so much of myself into any job going forward. I will do a great job- but I will not sacrifice myself in anyway moving forward.

But seriously- I thank you all deeply for your kind words that have kept me moving forward. I could not have gotten here without great pals like you- in a city like this!

Now- for the silver linings of this monster job "in-law". I had insurance that paid for the very best surgeon in the state to give me that much needed surgery. I have made a small yet marvelous circle of gals pals that is really starting to bloom. As a matter of fact I am hosting them next week at my place for a girls night in!!! Food, wine, scary movies! - They can bring Pj's if they want.
I have a home now! First time since 2007. I have landed........

So- I would not be where I am right now had I not pick this door to walk through. Although with anything - as Kenny Rodgers would sing (nod to TRIG for songs)- Know when to fold em, know when to walk away, and know when to run! Well TIS the time to run.

Yes- TRIG- I am giving them hell before I go. I went on short term disability for my back. Plus I am appealing the write up, AND have filed a grievance for bullying and hostel work environment. So yes- I am a thorn right now. I am using their rules and policy's to the utmost.

Now back to your regular scheduled program:

Trig- I am going to join you in your carnivore ways. I am going to give it a try. I have been leaning that way anyway. I am satisfied in that.
What worked for me years ago is not getting it this time. Fish and veggies. I need something a bit more. I was also in the gym several hours a day. I measured EVERYTHING, even gum. I don't have the energy to go back to that.
I need it simple- right now just simple.

I too bought two 2 pound bags of JUMBO easy peel shrimp. Sure did. I so wish for your Alfredo sauce. But it bothers my gut. So I will stick with Rao sauce (just a slash) and spices.

I had salt yesterday too! I have breakfast sausage and eggs for my one meal. Blew me up- all water a pound. But I have been peeing like a rockstar this morning. It will be gone by this afternoon I am sure. Let's DO this!

Nic- - I know you are one busy gal. You are doing EXACTLY as I expected. You jump right into your talents and get right to it. I would except nothing less. I am with BLUE- If I had a company, I would want you to organize it! You are gifted that way. Your husband is a lucky man! I say that in you make his life a bit easier in how you handle the home life, kids, and all.

Lori-
So glad you kicked the bug to the curb! Have you had your flu shot yet? "THEY" the CDC- are saying that the shot once again this year is not going to cover what is going around. Dear god we pay these people to figure this out!!!!
Anyway I am happy you will be healthy for sis coming. That is next weekend right?
I STILL have not broken into that yoga CD.I will surprise you very soon.

Blue
- I have taken your advice about an attorney several months ago. It would cost me a pretty penny. I did get an hour consultation. I also contacted the labor board at your suggestion. Both however gave me some good advice. I too will be presenting a letter to the company, most likely sooner rather than later.
I am allowing due process. Which is foreign to me to wait. But I am learning- timing IS EVERYTHING.

I so agree with the KEYSTONE cops. That truly truly truly sums them up. They are running around and bumping into each other stupidly. They are clueless. Who has EVER heard of RETO firing?!?!?! WTH is that? They hate I am sitting here on STD- getting paid. That is it. It pissed them off, as intended. Where is that Cheshire Cat smile when ya need it.

I am curious how your project is coming along! I know when the big client says jump ya do- it does good for your wallet! It keeps ya on your toes and your fingers in the biz. You sound great! Energy flowing!
Sorta like getting a call - company is coming and you scramble to get your house cleaned!

Are your leaves turning yet?
----------------------------------------------------------
Loving my first fire of the year! It has been a fairly relaxing morning. No annoying calls. Hopefully the call to HR will stop those for the time being.

Have first therapy appt in a few hours.
I have a steak thawed and ready to go. It is a t-bone. I am thinking steak and eggs. Scrambled eggs in a small pat of butter- Kerrygold!

back later!

Have a good one ya'll
  #2580   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-19, 08:39

BF:

Lori so glad the drugs ya scarfed down worked for ya and you are feeling better. So much 'snot drama' in so many ways out there from pollen, to sickie people passing who knows what, to smells that can trigger ya.....….I get so sick from any hardware store fertilizer section now that I don't bother going near it LOL Happy you are improving.

very cool your sis is coming to you. I know you will find a fun way to make ya'll smile...Halloween ain't me either but a fun time with spooks never did me wrong LOL

Jaz join me. We are Carnivore people. Unite LOL

yea do work a bit of discomfort them. no need to go hog wild on them.....it is over but leave a massive bitter taste in their mouths and LOOK forward at all times Those who dwell literally on ONE problem in life don't move forward....you will but leave a mark on them while doing it!!

and we got your back at all times cause we like ya

I do Kerry Gold also and it irked me with the lawsuit of 'not' grass fed as one is led to believe thru adverts. UGH ya know like F it in a way LOL but still now looking for LOCAL people in MY immediate area that does what they say!
But yea right now Kerry all the way cause TASTE beats regular. Plus eggs, buy pasture raised or local. The taste diff. is massive real.

Use Carns know that taste is real when one elims. all the extra. Real taste between foods.....NOT to say in any way those doing LC don't notice LOL.....but more we elim the better we are on sense. I think that is so true. But many get that effect and can add in as us Carns know.

waiting on laundry to finish.
dry fold
omg I hate life in a way. we HAVE so much and yet what we HAVE does take SO MUCH away from us....necessary evil to some I guess like me LOL

had 2 small sausage patties this morn

so not hungry

tonight..........let the shrimp flow in massive quantities
Closed Thread