Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2476   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 06:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....

super congrats on your new low. I still haven't done the scale but clothes are not getting tighter anymore they are finally heading toward the looser side thank goodness

It is funny. when I tried JUDDD way back when this is the same plan as EOD. I mean it was eat bigger one day, eat very low the other. They are the same plans to me BUT I couldn't get my fingers around JUDDD in that I don't think it was the plan at all......it is the timing of what plan you choose. WE ALL have SO much time on LC and know what to do and more...….it NOW is the right time for limiting kcals one day and we can handle it ya know. Our bodies have adjusted to lower kcals in our lives after all the years we trained it and I truly think you mentioning the EOD at this perfect time for us was so great!!! You found what can work for us against what we tried long ago and couldn't fit it into our lives. Now we can....so cool on that!!

upchuck dog....omg so funny

Jaz, hope your body ain't ouching so much after the fall!! you take care of yourself!

so smart to ignore emails and all. Don't go there. Don't let them into your head in any way. Unless they ask for direct responses and more let it all go by the wayside. Do what ya must, what ya feel and leave the rest to the heavens!

I am making some meatballs today also. I have to hit the grocery and thought I need something in there, and a lot of it for all....making a ton of meatballs and letting them sit til wanted....which won't be long, family will inhale them LOL gonna get extra meat and make MY meatloaf for me so I got that in there. meatballs and meatloaf are 2 good reheats for me.

Diary free Oct.....I bet you actually feel a lot better being dairy free....can't wait to hear how ya feel and all.

On homecoming, OMG she ain't going for frilly dress and purses and shoes and all that. My area is very country, they don't go into fluflu fluff and Kardashian type stuff here LOL I will be lucky if she buys a 'pretty enough' shirt to go with her jeans she is wearing. She mentioned she wants high heel fashion boots so will look for those also I guess. No, your mind went way out there.....she won't be dressing up like that at all LOL None of the kid do anymore for anything unless it is something super fancy like prom...but homecoming, I doubt she will go there in fancy at all. we shall see what we come home with HAHA she might put me to shame on my answer...will be interesting.

something for 30 days.....sh**tttttt, I am lucky to do one....but I know you got it in ya cause you will feel way better on no dairy if dairy kills ya so.....but I can't handle 30 days of anything anymore HAHA I got a bad attitude of 'I lived this damn long, darn near 60, and IF I CAN'T do what the hell I want when I want, why bother?" I gotta fix that attitude LOL LC is the one thing I hold to tho cause I know the benefits are great and took years and years of training to do this all the time now

ok off to grocery
need meat

oh I had 3 frozen meals left and I nuked all 3 the other day. Herbed chicken....OMG the herbs was disgusting. So heavy and one of those herbs I am not a fan of taste....into the garbage that went fast. Next one was grisly meat again...gonzo....3rd one was the one I did like, beef and broccoli....but honestly the brocc. was tiny weeny little scraps and the beef was actually ok in that but I can make it all at home better.

gonna buy big chuck roast and into crockpot for nice beef stew meat to eat with brocc or whatever. see got'er done. make my own frozens

gotta move now.....still moving slow tho…..need more pills but coming around slowly. hope the tummy can hold on and handle it all

chow
Sponsored Links
  #2477   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 07:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Back from Yoga....geez...it kicked my butt today! I think it was because I ate this morning. I did feel a little queasy, but managed to avoid "upchuck dog".

Trig....I am just like you! I have tried JUDDD before and couldn't make it a week! I have done 6 weeks this time and am down 9 lbs. That is with a week off plan for my beach trip. I am over the moon! Maybe it is having friends here doing the plan too? I don't know what it is, but it is working this time. I have no desire to stop the low calorie days.....I find it totally doable. So easy to work into life.

Ok...another cup of coffee and then I'll hit the shower before my Chiro appt.

Have good days!
  #2478   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 08:27

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Kind of jealous of your dreary day the other day. We have had very little of that. Seems like a silly thing to miss, but we have had so little rain over the past two months. We did get a bit yesterday and it was very needed but not nearly enough to make any sort of difference yet. I guess on the flip side it is good for getting our construction finished on time! Ideally it would stay dry til they finish and then rain regularly so the new landscaping gets set up.

Glad you have been busy on your new stuff and you sound a bit more settled about it just now?

We aren't big bean eaters here.. I like them fine and will eat them but DH won't go near them except the sweet baked beans. But the recipe sounds yum!

Lori- I love grilled cheese and soup. Yum!!

Hhahaaha I was laughing at your "upchuck dog" comment. Too funny!!

Trig- Sorry you were feeling yucky. I definitely had to start on the nose spray but it helped immediately.

I will be interested to see if your DD does a dress or not for Homecoming. Here they tend to do shorter dresses for HC and then longer ones (generally) for Prom. My DD, after freshman year, would go shopping with her friends and they'd make a day of it, sending me all kinds of pics and things. Fun times.

Glad the nightstand came in although the price hike sucks!

Jaz- I am seriously concerned about you, for real. Falling five times in a year is not right. That is not just klutzy. Seems like something else might be going on.

I was walking around the lake on Sunday and a ~40 year old dude fell off his bike. I don't know if he wasn't paying attention or made an overcorrection or what, but he went over and his bike stayed at one level and he went down a bit to the next level (picture like short-deck height.) Several people, including me, rushed over. He sat up and said, 'no, no, I'm fine, I'm just embarrassed' so we all just laughed and moved on to give him some space.

Strange that your yard guy just quit like that! Does he think the season is over or what?? I'm confused though- you fell in the yard, or on the sidewalk, or in the street? Either way, I do hope you feel better. Maybe take a bit of Advil.

•••••••••

I'm going to pass on doing a challenge. I am good with my UD/DD thing for now without rocking that boat. I do wish I didn't have the travel I have coming up in mid-October bc I would really like to have a solid month under my belt instead of these two week periods.

Speaking of, today is an UD. Yesterday's DD went very smoothly- it's always nice when that happens. So far today I have had collagen coffee and something called Pioneer Porridge. It's one of the things I brought back from an old school, still functioning Grist Mill in Helen, GA. I really wasn't sure if I would like it but I really did. VERY filling. Not for low carb eating for sure but something very different than anything I have had before. I made half of the posted recipe and ate about half of that, so next time I will make a quarter of it.

My meeting with the lady who contacted me (the lactation counselor/ infant massage therapist) went really well. She is really nice. She's older than I am. I didn't ask her age but I know she has a 38 year old son (at least) and at least one grandchild. She works in a pediatrician's office as a nurse. We met for coffee (great DD choice for me, she had breakfast- it was a French Crepe place) and talked for about an hour and a half. I had put a hard stop on it at noon before we met; partly bc I had to get a flu shot and partly bc I felt like an hour and a half would be plenty and I wanted an out in place. We agreed on passing each other's name along ( I really need to get some printed materials in place!) but I stopped short of anything about partnering at this juncture.

Very sadly and very regrettably, I have had to stop MoW after this month. The posted schedule for October came out on Sept 30 and once again, they altered my schedule. For several years now I have been every other Tuesday. It doesn't change, just one on, one off. Several months ago they had the scheduler leave and another person come on, who changed it so my days were off. I didn't even know until I got a call asking me why I wasn't coming in for my shift. I called back, said I had been there the week before and wasn't supposed to be there. I thought it was a one-off. Then it happened again the following month. I spoke to the person in charge of scheduling and cleared it up. Then that person left, a new person came on and same thing- a phone call asking where was I? Was I coming? When I had just been there the week before. I returned the call and explained that no, I wasn't coming, that is not my scheduled day etc. And then ANOTHER new person came on and lo and behold, it has happened yet again.

I emailed and explained what has happened, and why I can't be continuing and my sadness and frustration about it. I can't be turning down work bc I am supposed to be doing MoW and then not being scheduled on that day, or being expected when I can't be there bc I *did* accept work bc I'm NOT supposed to be there.

I got a response to my email that said only: "Thank you." Not 'thank you for your five years and many hours of service.' Not 'I'm sorry that the schedule has been messed up.' Nothing. I tell you, that sort of hurts. I have put in hundreds of hours of volunteer work for them and I feel blown off.

I'll still finish out the month. I was supposed to be in today but they scheduled me instead for next week. Can't do next week as I'm at my CCRC job, but I will go in two weeks later (even though I wasn't supposed to be there that day) and say goodbye to my clients.

I guess in the whole scheme of things I was going to slowly need to drop some of these other commitments (but will see CASA through to the end of the case, as promised) to grow my business but this is now how I had planned it to go. Oh well.

My book club meets tonight. I'm hosting it at a local restaurant bc of the construction and stuff going on around here at the house. It was a book of short stories, just okay. I liked the other book I nearly chose, The Gifted School, better.

Down .4 and I have a little over a pound to go to get to my pre-vacation weight.
  #2479   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 08:31

BF:

Lori- Congrats on your new low!! Very happy for you! Missed that somehow.
  #2480   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 15:50

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quick one and back later- THIS IS NIC's Fault!!!!!!- I am HOOKED on this story on CD! I can't stop listening. I have never done books on CD. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT- I HAVE TO SEE What happens next.

I was in car for 4 hours todays and got hooked on a book on CD!!!!!- Now I had to go find my CD player so I can continue the story!!!!!
I am listening to the one on Orphan X - I think I have read of those stories before. I love being talked though the story!

I am tired- healing up from the fall- less banged up today. Still a little residual.
Maybe 5 falls in a year does seem excessive but I am very clumsy. 2 were dog related 2 were sidewalk uneven related and one was running in the rain. Stupid- I keep thinking I am 20 and get up and roll.

If I was 20 this would not even be concerning- but NO I am older I CARE if I break something. that I am so serious about. I think of LORI's arm and know that could have been me too! We aren't the same as when we were 20- very hard pill for me to swallow.......

When did this happen....... ??????? HAHAHAHAHahaDam it-

It's good- I am healing just need to SLOW IT DOWN!!!!!!! My bad!

NIC- have tons to say- you too TRIG/ and LORI- Back in a bit- what to figure out who is joining what in chapter 9 - HAHAHAHAHA

Dinner was meatballs/ Rao sauce and that was it- tossed in kale at the end. Nothing else. TIRED-
GOD this heat sucks the life outta ya- 96 hear today- got my grass cut.
New company..... Like them
  #2481   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 18:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Oh man honey, I just cringe at the thought of your fall. I too am a klutz. My God, when I was younger I used to splat all over the place and just get up and dust myself off, more concerned about who saw me take a face plant than any pain. But boy, has that changed. I now have a lot of fear of falling. Seeing what it did to my parents eventually. It just takes a split second, slightly wrong step, attention somewhere else, and BAM down you go!

I'm sorry you're sore but SO HAPPY nothing is broken or sprained---which will REALLY change your life for awhile. Witness Lori's fall, or Trig's broken ribs. Long term challenges to deal with in both those cases. (Gads Trig , I'll never forget when you fell of that horse. OMG, you had so much pain and so many sleepless nights in the recliner. And you were such a good soldier about it all, very stalwart. I would have been here whining 4 days out of 7 at least.)

Not trying to minimize your discomfort and pain, Jaz, just really so relieved it wasn't worse.

Also, on the Oct. challenge. Going to have to think about that. LOL, just living mostly LC is always a challenge for me. Don't know how much I'm in the mood to add to that. But good for you to give yourself a goal---no dairy. Wishing you great luck and a great month. Sometimes when we give it this much time, we learn new ways /hacks that really help even when the challenge is over.

Trig---Oh, I just love reading about the kiddo! Glad she'll soon have her matching night table. Is she doing stuff w/her new room? I know how artistic she is and wonder if that translates to her surroundings.

And oh man, here's what I love about "these days." Sometimes everyone wants to talk about the good old days, but ALL days in ALL times have their pluses and minuses, imo.

Back in my day, you didn't go to homecoming or prom or really, any major dance/social event in high school w/out a date. I never had one date in high school, never went to one dance.

NOW, lest you think that sent me to therapy, not at all, although other things did. lol: But back in those days, I had some great pals who weren't on the top of the dance card either, so I did not feel alone, and we had a lot of fun together.

And I had some other pals who went to those dances w/boys they could hardly stand. I always knew I wanted nothing to do w/that concept. And of course in those days, it was all up to the boys, they were the ones who asked, they had all the power---which I'm sure at times they wanted nothing to do with either.

THESE DAYS, anyone who wants to goes to the dances, w/their pals, or w/a date, their choice. This is SO GREAT. Turns every high school event from date night to opportunity night. You never know who you'll dance w/or meet when it's not a room full of couples. Again, SO GREAT, imo.

Lori---You made me laugh w/"upchuck dog." Yeah, seems to me Yoga needs a really clean system. The way it pretzels your body in so many ways, you don't want a bellyful of anything, right?

I wish I liked yoga better, but in fact of all the many kinds of work outs I've done in the past, I found yoga the toughest on many levels, for me. Probably a lot about how much more comfortable it is for me to keep moving, keep the variety coming. Leave it to you to go from boot camp to yoga. You are a real pip when it comes to physical challenges---you always go for the tough, and I admire that.

Bravo to you on your weight loss, you are getting SO CLOSE to where you want to be and I have every faith in you that you'll get there.

Nic---Luckily I checked below and while I've been writing this post, up you popped. So I have new stuff to reply to!

And I guess my priority of things to reply to from your juicy post is the thing about MOW. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I KNOW how long you've done this job because we have been your witness thru a good part of those years.

My mom so depended on MOW in the end. Although she didn't eat them all the time, but always felt good to have something in her fridge when she needed food. What she didn't eat she gave to her care takers on a regular basis. So the program just kept giving.

It just makes me angry that they are not taking better care of their most excellent and long time volunteers. I understand that schedulers might come and go, but whatever happened to the idea of a new scheduler shadowing an old one long enough to know the value of someone like you?!?!?!

Anyway, let me just say, that in honor of my mom, I have A LOT more than just an e-mail "thank you" to offer to you and all those many MOW volunteers that kept both my mom and dad going in their own homes, which is where they both so much wanted to be, no matter what.

Nic, folks like you have made such a big difference in my life and my parents life, it's hard to find the words. It's a tough world out there, and don't know what we'd do w/out people who find the heart to find the time to give, over and over again.

Oh and on the beans, I'm telling you, if your hubby likes sweet baked beans, he's going to love these. No sugar necessary to get all that flavor plus toasted melted mozzarella. LOL, obviously I'm crazy about this recipe, but promise I'll quit now. But you know how it is when something is SO good, you just want to share it.

Also, great work on whittling off your vacation gains in a fairly short time w/the UP, DD concept. Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can just feel how right this might be for you, as I know you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a joy to chat w/y'all tonight. Not much in the mood to chat about where I'm at, but will try anyway. Couple of very crabby, disappointing, days, both personally and professionally. Nothing I can't work thru eventually, but really in a foul mood due to certain events.

A good pal really let me down, and that doesn't happen often, but I'm really struggling with it. Then, one of my clients that has been persistently difficult topped it off this week by basically rejecting all my efforts of the last few months.

SIGH. Oh, I'm tired of that! It's my, I dunno, lost count long ago, but probably 100th rodeo where I've been tossed from the horse. And I always get back on.

But these days, I'm wondering and thinking and trying to figure out how I might change horses, so to speak. It's a huge and kind of scary subject for me, so I'm finding I'm taking it on a bit a day, and SO HELPFUL to come here and write it out. SIGH again. As Rober Frost said and I have quoted here before, "miles to go before I sleep. And while uncomfortable, I tell myself that's OK. Passages.

Then of course, how we feel in general really effects our mojo on the woe. Right now I miss last summer, when I was really "in it!" Regarding woe, and exercise.

I KNOW I need to find the fall version of that, just not quite there yet. Bottom line, holding my loss. 10 pounds. Could be loosing more I believe, but not in the mojo market to do it right now. Will say, I really appreciate the memories of this summer past, and how well I can motor it off, for me and w/in what's comfortable as a lifestyle for me, when I set my mind to it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Oct-01-19 at 20:35.
  #2482   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 04:30

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much happening today. I may get out for a walk as it's supposed to be nice today....at least for awhile. I guess we have some rain coming in late today and tomorrow. According to DH, tomorrow will be a wash out. I don't mind a rainy day once in awhile, just not days and days of rain.

I wish you all could see/do the Sport Yoga that I do. It really should not be called Yoga, as we move.....a lot. Up, down, moving left & right and quite quickly too. We do routines to songs and after some of them, we're huffing and puffing. Some concentrate on legs, others upper body & abs. The only Yoga type things we do are during the cool down where we stretch. Otherwise, some of it is quite frantic. I tried classical Yoga, and one they call Body Flow....ugh....too slow and not for me. Especially after having done Sport Yoga. We get a lot of people who come once and then we never see them again. I think they are rather shocked and I'm sure intimidated. I remember my first few classes. I thought....what have I gotten myself in to!? The instructor always tells newbies to come at least 4 times before you decide that you hate it. I think that's good advice, but most newbies come once, are totally lost and I'm sure sore as he!! for a few days and just say no way.

Next Tuesday the last half of our class is going to be a demo of a new class they're putting in the schedule. It is called Pound. You use weighted drumsticks. Not sure I'll like it, but I'll go to the free demo. It sort of burns my butt that if you want to take the class, there is a charge in addition to our monthly membership. Just doesn't seem right. They have lots of classes that do not have an upcharge, but they're starting to do more and more add ons. People are not happy.

Well, I have gone on and on about stuff you all could care less about, haven't I?

A DD for me today. I ate a big dinner last night. I browned 1/2 lb of ground beef, put Rao's marinara sauce on it and added in about a cup of the Palmini "pasta". Put fresh grated Parm on top. Oh my....it was so good. I almost think I could pass that Palmini off to DH and he wouldn't know. He would just think I hadn't cooked the pasta as long as usual.

Enough blathering.......see you later!
  #2483   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 07:03

BF:

Good Morning!

NIC- how frekin disappointing to get a "Thanks email"!!!!! It reminds me how we have changed as a society! There seems to be no company including MOW that cares! I know I am coming in from a jaded perspective. However, If I were you I would be upset too!
You have put in all this time for this organization. I will say though the "Thanks" Are the smiles and the people you blessed. Sometimes the best thanks is not paid in dollars or even kuddo's from who we think it should from. Of COUSRE "they" should have at least apologized.
But you have been a light to many many many people who looked forward to seeing you.

I am in no way putting in my 2 cents...... well yes I am. That lady you met with seems a bit on the "pushy" side. Yes I think if given the right compatibility between two people you can benefit. I am just not into people that "bulldoze" for contacts! I could be wrong- It was the vibe I picked up!

Hey I wanted to ask you about that small business class you took/ are taking. Are you done with that? Did you find it helpful? I am thinking about taking a class along those same lines!

BTW- I am loving books on tape!!!

LORI- BRAVO - I am SO not surprised you are within a stones trow from hitting goal!!!!!!! You have really worked for it!
I am so glad you have found the ticket and it is working for you this time. I am so not there yet!

I LOVE hearing about your yoga and classes. It is a DAILY reminder to me to DO SOMETHING!!!! You are the thread cheerleader in that regard!

TRIG-
- Yup- I second what BLUE said about "these days" and what is going on! Yup- I think it cool that kids feel comfortable to show up to a dance and the pressure is off. It was turning that way when DD went. She would go with a group of just girls and they all danced together. Just clean fun!!!- I love that!!!

I think it is funny Me, you and Lori ended up with a version of Italian last night! I love the Rao sauce!!!! I could dump it on everything! Mine was DAIRY free. I didn't miss it! My meatballs were VERY good!

I am thinking about a good meatloaf as well! -
I'm like you - I just CAN'T do those frozen meals! YUCK- no thank you! I want "real" fresh food!
Your roast sounds real good. I would be putting a little mushroom gravy and having a bowl of "meat stew"!!!!- YUM
FALL food with out the fall temps!!!- WILL THIS HEAT EVER END???!!!

BLUE- - I read and re-read your post! I hate it you are struggling. I do so painfully know the pain of having a best gal pal let me down. Not only let me down but turn her back. I don't think I will ever really understand it.
It is SO very true that you can tell who your true friend are when Sh*t hits the fan.
Happen to me when I got divorced. My BFF- Seriously my BFF, told me it shook her marriage to see that happen to me after 30 years and she and her husband needed space.....like forever.

So honey- know that we have all been there. It does not make it "feel" better. But you know what- it does make us stronger and more selective. We are SO here for you and LOVE YOU! I would hug you if you were here!

Hey on the mojo- I think we all go through that passages place, more than we know. I am in a work funk too! - (I won't go there, about you). But I think as we evolve in our life we NEED to pause and choose what works for us and what doesn't.

We can apply that to lots of areas! Work, WOE, relationships, etc. It is necessary. Embrace it- it IS OK - to take that step back and decide what feel right to you!

As far as WOE mojo- I know your beloved pool is closed. Take your hubby up on the gym just a couple times and see if it works for you!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
----------------------------------------------------
Hey all! - I am so happy for you ladies doing SO SO SO well!

I am just hold the same. I have resolved until my cortisol goes down and I start walking a bit more, I will likely not see much change. What I am not doing is tossing in the towel.

I FEEL the best KETO/ Low carb as I can get! I am going through a Keto cook book I got from the Library. It is a nice one with picots for every recipe.
I liked her opening. The author shared how Keto helped her go from over 350 to where she is now. She has dropped 150 pounds and is maintaining. She is not STICK thin. She is really beautiful. It's called Southern Keto by Natasha Newton. Some recipes look good.

I am good with being the only one on the challenge. It was from me anyway! You know the fact you have all found your sweet spot, I SO agree do not rock that boat!!!!! -

I feel almost myself after that fall this morning. The bruises are fading, and the soreness is gone! BLUE- I am thanking my lucky stars! Trust me I DO know I was lucky! NIC- I did fall on pavement taking out Bella. Face first! I wasn't paying attention. Boom. - But grass was cut yesterday by a new company and I am please with how well they did. They are a bit more expensive, however the cutting season is almost over!

My meatballs were really good. I am up.4 over MEATBALLS!!! - Whatever.......

I have another 4 hours of drive time again today. Book on CD going with. 2 patients, and 3 hours of charting= 9 hours. Then I will need to check in with a manager to tell her why I have met my quota of 5.
I am going to cut and paste my response.

"Today I spent 4 hours driving, 2 hours with patients, and 3 hours charting. I put in quality work and did the best I can do with the amount of time I am willing to do in a day"

That is what I will say- if they are willing to cut the drive time I can see more people. They can't have both! I am doing the best I can do and that is that- I am putting it all in writing. But I am now required to check in DAILY if I don't hit 5 patients. That is not doable with the drive time!

I will be out in the 96 degree heat! -

My dishwasher is in- now I need a delivery date!

Gotta run! Today is a 10 carb day or less!!!!!- Thinking Crab cakes, over arugula. I have my crab ready!!!

Have a great day
  #2484   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 10:51

BF:

Jaz- so glad you discovered audio books! If you have to do that much obnoxious driving, at least you can enjoy your time a little bit more. That and podcasts will hopefully help.

I guess it is true that there have been several falls over the past year or two in this group, heck I guess I slipped and fell once this year on some wet slick rock in the Smokies. Maybe we all need to be careful!

Yes, finished the online business class. It was worth it and I did feel like I learned a good bit. I saved a lot of the material to go over as I need to, as I move forward. It was not expensive.

I think you laying out what you are doing, with clients, drive time and charting, is a reasonable and fair thing to do. If they want you to see more people, they will need to pay for overtime for charting. Doubt they will do that!

Blue- You are so right about the dances and dates etc. It is much more common for kids to go in groups- same or mixed gender groups, some with dates and some not. I think this even continues into college for a good number of them.

Thank you (and others) for the comments about MoW. I appreciate that and knowing that MoW makes a difference for others and I have done the same. I have been happy to do it and have gotten more out of it, surely, than I gave. I suppose it is time for something else for a season, and perhaps I will go back to it in time.

I am so so sorry that a good pal let you down. That is some pain, right there. It really hits hard. You are also dealing with work upheaval and change and trying to figure out what to do, and how much of it you are willing to do. Am I reading that right? There's a lot on your mind right now! Baby step it, break it down. We're here for you! And GOOD ON YOU for holding your loss!

Lori- that sport yoga workout sounds tough! It would kiss my arse for sure. The other class, the trial one, sounds.. interesting. lol

Yesterday's dinner sounds yum!

••••••••••

Today is flying by. I started going through TONS of photos last night, pretty much making the highlights of DS20-now-DS21's (!!) years of life. It took a long time and of course memory lane was calling! I have been sending pictures of the family text off and on all day. Lots of good times. It was kind of a neat retrospective of a lot of things: kids growing, Dh and I getting older as they get older, all the cousins growing up, grandparents getting older (and all remarkably still with us except the great-grands), hair loss (mine when losing weight, along with my brother and DS21), weight gain (and loss, and gain ad nauseam!) etc.

Today is a DD- it has gone really well so far bc I have been busy going through pics!

Called DS21 at 6 PM on the dot yesterday so I could wish him a happy 21st birthday at exactly 12:01AM of his birthday. His lovely GF tried to call him too but I got in first.

Had bookclub last night and I hosted at a local Mediterranean place bc of the house construction. A good time was had by all and I treated everyone. Still came out to just slightly more than if I had hosted here and bought wine, food etc. Plus honestly it didn't go on nearly as long!

The work is going pretty quickly outside and it is looking pretty darn good. We will need to get the deck stained when it is all said and done.

Super hot today: like 93 or something completely absurd. Tomorrow will be 30 degrees cooler. YAY I think that it is the end of the freakishly hot weather.

Hugs!
  #2485   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 13:28

BF:

Just got back in. Poured a heavy handed glass of wine. I am upset. It is not everyday you see someone run over and killed. Thank god.

So I was deep into down town about 1:30 working my way home but I was lost. I was going round and round it seemed on the same block. My Garmin is useless with detours. Back drop- you DO NOT take your eyes off the road and you are surrounded by cars and DO NOT STOP.
Streets are super narrow and it was bumper to bumper. I moved over a bit to the left for one of those dam scooters riding in the road! Not supposed to. The car in back of me did not see him and hit him head on. I am watching in the mirror his body fly off the scooter and into yet another car. OMG F'n GOD. I am replaying that over and over and over and over. I tried to make my way back to where it happen but ended up lost. And I ended up hearing sirens, but I could tell looking at him he was gone. GRUESOME!!!-

I was thinking about calling the police when I got home but I could not tell you about the car that hit him the first or the car that hit him second. I was watching him and trying to keep moving. It was.......... I have know words. The kid was a white kid with a back pack on and brown curly long hair and a black tee shirt and jeans, and thin. I think a student, I dunno......

I just don't don't know what to do. Maybe I should call. I could tell you what street I was on- I was lost. But then again how many scooter accidents could there have been. I am going to call........

OK just got off the phone after giving information to 3 different people. Nobody wanted my name , number or a statement since I could describe the car. I was watching the kid.

Ok- so I had 3 people to see- 2/3 cancelled do to weather illness. It is SO SO SO hot here people don't feel good. Tops 95. with weather advisories and pollution and the heat!!!!!!!

NIC- I really enjoyed your post!!!!! - You are just so full of energy and positivity! I know that you are bummed over MOW- Like TRIG said, you will be knee deep in other activities!!!!!!

I have eaten my OMAD for the day. It was smoked salmon with "rice pilaf" and zucchini "noodles" in a lightly sprinkled in oil and vinegar. toped with a FEW sesame seeds for crunch! Very light, very fast, very good.
I don't know if I will get it again though. The smoked salmon was too salty for me! But hey it was worth a shot.

Gotta run- finishing a chart and then I am relaxing and thinking about anything other than that kid!
  #2486   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 18:53

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Oh honey, hugs to you. That is just a terrible thing to witness. I know it looked bad, but are you sure he's dead? Might help you to find out. People do survive some crazy things sometimes.

Man, I would be right w/you on the drink, only mine would be stronger than wine at that point. Having a visual like that in your head is so upsetting. And for me the way you described him---young male student---I'd be thinking of my son and in tears.

Not surprised to hear the heat is causing a lot of health problems. You guys down there have had to live w/it relentlessly---seems like months.

I don't like smoked salmon either. I do like, don't love, regular salmon. But your dinner sounds so healthy and fresh. I'm hoping you can get in your sweet sheets w/your Bella gal and get cozy w/a book or a TV thing that will relax you and help release you from seeing that horrible image over and over again.

Nic---When we moved I went thru all our photos---which unfortunately have never been organized and put in proper scrap books, although I sure have had a lot of good intentions. So we had boxes and baskets overflowing w/years and years of photos. I went thru them all, got rid of doubles and the blurry ones and the ones that just weren't that great, and got them all in one very nice box, if still not organized.

Oh what a journey that day was for me, so I know just what you mean. I started in the morning and was so surprised when the day just melted away from me and by the time the project was done it was near dinner time, w/a few breaks. But I felt like I'd been thru years in a day. Oh my, giggles and tears and smiles and great big pinches to my heart! When you see the years flying by in all those pictures it's so amazingly poignant.

I wanted to ask you about your hair loss due to weight loss. I may have forgotten you discussing this but you've mentioned it a couple of times lately. Was this the first time you went on LC? Did it come back? Just curious. My hair thinned a lot during my first big glop of weight loss/LC, but then I was at an age where that can happen anyway. And it was gradual, as was my weight loss. Does it happen for you again when you've been off the woe wagon for awhile, or was it mostly a one time thing?

Lori---I REALLY enjoyed reading your description of Sport Yoga. That I think I would have liked back in the day I was working out a lot. Not sure I could do it these days, but it kind of intrigues me. Wish there was a beginners Sport Yoga around. I'm considering joining the Y, as it's free when you're my age, and not too far from here. I'm going to check out their classes there soon, and will be interested to see if they offer Sport Yoga.

I do have very close access to an exercise room and I am going to go up their w/hubby and learn the machines. But for me, I have never liked the machines, I get very bored, and it's lonely, LOL. I used to be the exercise video queen and even though technically I was alone, I always felt like I was w/a group, because I was, and I like that. But videos are no longer practical in our new abode, so am thinking about classes at the Y.

Trig--- Hope you're feeling better honey!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a difference a day makes! And here's one of my fave old songs that says so in a beautiful way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJ3OgMRiUA

I love Dinah Washington. Brings back memories of my parent's parties, they often had her on the "hi-fi." My little brother and I would be nestled in our twin beds across from each other, trying to stay up and listen to everything going on, but we never lasted long.

But then always my mom would come in and I'd wake to the smell of her perfume and the light beam as the door opened. She'd soothe my hair and run her cool hand down my cheek, pull the covers up under my chin, then turn to my brother's bed. The music would float in too, and the laughter and then off I'd float back to sleep. Such a vivid memory and it seemed like I was always sharing it w/Dinah.

Anyway, always good to acknowledge to yourself on a bad day that there might be a fabulous day coming right up! So, totally resolved the issue w/my pal. It wasn't a big betrayal or anything. Just something that she'd done before and I needed to have the courage to call her on it. And I did. And she apologized, sincerely, and that's enough for me. I don't carry grudges when someone has owned up. Grudges are heavy and one should dump them as soon as possible.

(although Jaz I've experienced that total betrayal too w/a good friend and it is miserable. A therapist once told me that she often saw just as much or even more pain in friendship breakups between women than marital breakups. Oh, and your story reminded me of one of my mom's after my parents divorced, almost to a T, w/a good pal of hers telling her she was uncomfortable w/mom now that she was single, and may I add gorgeous. Yeah, mom said that happened in many different ways after her divorce, but that friend really put a knife in her heart.)

So, all's well w/my good pal and we are back on our path of giggles and empathy and knowing each other so well, we can complete each other's sentences.

And THEN, all of a sudden, my son is coming home! Spontaneous thing that just happened for many reasons, and he will be here this Friday thru next Wednesday. I am so happy about this. I'm planning all kinds of things and dinners and fave places to go out to eat for the the three of us.

SIGH, won't get all those things in, as he has a ton of friends here and we will have to share our 4 days w/all of them too. But no matter, my baby will be home.

Oh, and that client is still a crapper, but you can't win 'em all.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Oct-02-19 at 19:03.
  #2487   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 19:34

BF:

Ok I am a bit tipsy- disclaimer
rough f'n day I had......... THE kid I sawon the news is fighting for his life- didn't die - coma- ICU- The cops- called them again don't care.
God I bet his family does but they won't tell me anything..

I am taking a mental health day off Friday. I didn't have anyone scheduled anyway, just a meeting with my manager who was going to put me in a corrective active plan........ not now...... She can kiss my FAT WHITE ARESE

I have a huge headache....thinking about deleting this post all the way- it sucks.......... Just another day in the way of life I never wanted ,,,,,, but I am ho enough to work it anyway

ya well.......

Tomorrow is another day- getting shit together ........
  #2488   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-19, 20:12

BF:
Progress:

Oh Jaz, honey---

First of all, good to hear the kid isn't dead, yet, and I'm hoping for the best for him. Still, horrifying to witness.

And OMG girl, your managers and their "corrective action plans" are just, well there are no words. Every one of your managers should be asked to spend at least a month in your shoes. It would benefit the company a lot w/experiential wisdom.

I'll say this for big client of mine, family owned and run, built from nothing to a huge chain. The guy who started it had many kids, and they have had many kids. But, ANYONE in that family who wants to be part of the business starts at the bottom, just like anyone else. I really admire that about this company I've worked for for so long, and it's good to say the positive, because there are certainly many things that are not.

These managers of yours don't have a freaking clue. And here's the thing. You just hang in there till they fire you, if you possibly can. Because it's quite obvious to me that these managers don't know what one hand is doing, while the other hand is doing something else. IMO, if they were going to fire you, they would have done it by now.

And, I'll tell ya, I've spent decades crawling in and out of companies as an independent contractor, and I find it hard to believe that whoever the freak your company is, or this particular subset of it, is still in action at all. Frankly, I really don't get it, and I've been around this block a lot.

BUT, Jaz, if there is one thing I would continue to say to you it would be don't quit if you can stand it. And I would not say that to everyone, but I've kind of got the gist of the hapless department you're working for. It is hard for me to believe, having heard everything you've reported, that this thing can last for a whole lot longer.

And, I'd really like to see you be able to collect unemployment .

That said, I also want to say this. They say it's easier to get a job when you have a job. Well, that may be true at certain upper level positions, and for certain people who whatever. But generally I'm going to say this is a HUGE MYTH. Because when you're in a job like yours, it so eviscerates your energy and confidence, there's just really not a lot left over to REALLY go after a new job.

So. Do the best you can darlin' and try as best you can, and you have, to put a certain mind set on it. But, eventually, it may just be taking too much out of you to make it possible.

At that point, and only you will know when that is, you just quit. No there will be no unemployment benefits, but you have built up a nice nest egg.

So, you quit and take a couple of weeks to recover, and THEN, you will find yourself actually bored, and you will find the energy to really go after a new job--- a lot easier to access that energy w/out your current job sucking everything you have out of you.

I know this is true. Been there done that. Pretty much all ways from Sunday.

XOBlue

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Oct-02-19 at 21:21.
  #2489   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-19, 04:38

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz.....I'm so sorry about your terrible experience yesterday. I hope you were able to get some sleep. I think it's a good idea to take Friday off. You need some decompression time.

Blue.....how exciting that your son is coming for a visit! Glad too that things have been set to rights with your friend.

If the Y doesn't offer a Sport Yoga class, it is sometimes called PiYo. Which is a combo of Pilates & Yoga.

Nic.....It sounds like you had a nice day going thru old pictures and reliving the years. Amazing, isn't it?

I'm sorry that you've had to leave your MOW job. And for it to end with barely a nod to all your years of service. Sheesh! When you say good bye to your clients, I'm sure you'll see the gratitude in their eyes for all you've done.

Trig.....how's it going? I hope you're not in for a long winter of sinus problems. Or is Spring/Summer usually the worst season for you? It's always something.

I'm anxious to hear about your mall trip for homecoming duds!

-----

I have Yoga this morning and then a massage at 11:30. After that I may take myself out to lunch. Eating day....YAY! I'm making chicken tacos for dinner...a Hello Fresh recipe.

Ok...more coffee and then Yoga time!
  #2490   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-19, 05:46

BF:

Good what will be my Friday - taking tomorrow OFF!!!!!!!- I am feeling better.

BLUE- I took your advice and went to bed about 9pm with fresh sheets, and the dogger and book on tape. I was asleep less than 5 minutes in! HAHA
So cool about your son coming home!!! Don't you just love surprises like that?!?!?!. Wow 4 days!!! YEA for you! He has a room at your place right?

So glad you made up with your gal pal! I hate it when I lose a girlfriend!!! It can be shocking! Yup- I can see where back in the day your mom divorced that was taboo!! But in todays world? I bet your momma was a looker!
Did she ever date after she got divorced? Have boyfriends? She seemed ahead of her time!

I loved your story of your mom and her dinner parties!

So - you like videos. What about a You Tube Stretch- or a CD? Is your place just not big enough? What about a pool inside in your area? I know the senior center hare has water classes! Senior here is 50+ I am a senior! But you know what they have some fun programs! Just a thought- You might like a swim class!

TRIG- Glad you are feeling better! I am DYING under this sun! How are you staying cool? It's going to break YET ANOTHER record - high 97 core temp, doesn't include heat index! no end in sight!!!!

How was your roast? Sounds yummy!
What are you doing this coming weekend? Did you hit up the Mall yet? You favorite place!!!! HAHAHAH- not!

NIC- - I know you have mentioned you are getting house construction done. You are having a deck redone? I must have missed what you were getting done. It is inside or outside work? Inside work would drive me crazy! I know that you will love it when it's over.

Oh yes the endless boxes of pictures. So I gave all those pictures to my kids. I too sorted them out and had a box for each kid. What they choose to do with them is on them. I must have had an entire box of school packets alone!
What a debacle that was. I laugh now- because those school packets were so popular. I could just buy the cheap one- no then they wouldn't get all the smaller ones to swap! Funny- then I was stuck with packets of 8x10- they have them now!

I hear ya on no rain and insane heat- read above! We are breaking records here! -

LORI
- You are doing SOOOOOO well! Are you still active with your running group?
I loved your stories of yoga as well! Have you met people in there? Are there "regular" group that goes? I tend to find that people who sorta know each other tend to support each other and there is a pull to not stop going. Do you find that to be the case?

What is on your dinner menu?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Feel well rested and happy I took tomorrow off. I AM GOING to Helen! I have been wanting to go now for a minute! For some reason or another I have yet to get there.
I know tomorrow will be hot. However, it will be hot sitting here, or hot exploring. Either way a change of venue tomorrow will be good!
Helen is only an hour an 15 minutes north of me. Traffic should be light on a Friday and less people than Sat. Oct fest has kicked off in full swing up there! It will be fun!
I am looking forward to it!
I will leave early- about 830 or 9.

I have put myself on VACAY frame of mind today. I have 2 of my fav. patients to see today. So it doesn't feel like work. not only that I don't have to go to Atlanta- Light driving to Gainesville, with my 6th CD to listen to. Getting into this story! NOD TO NIC! - You have only been suggesting it now for MONTHS!!!!! HAHAHAHAH-
Takes this old gal a minute to get it!

I need to use this crab I have WAITING! Crab cakes it is tonight! Since it is also a "Friday"- I will also watch a few more episodes of Mrs. Maisel. I am half way done in season 2. So I will be looking for a new adventure to watch soon.

Speaking of Rec centers- Since I am considered a "senior" I get a discount to the facilities. I am curious what classes they have. I am going to check it out this afternoon when I get back!
I think it would be good for me! I am thinking a beginner class of something light.
I did pottery- I can do a stretch class.

Ok- off into my day!!!!!
100% for 4 days now! -
Closed Thread