Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2551   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-19, 18:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---I had to smile at that little old "drum stick" work out that had its way w/you. Dang but isn't it true these days that ANY new movement you do for more than a minute let you know about it the next day, and how. We walked a lot w/son in river town, and half of it was uphill. Holy cats, I had the worst shin splints the next day, and I was wearing reasonable shoes!

To answer your question, we are going to try to get to SF, probably between Xmas and New Years. Our biggest obstacle is our dogger. Being blind and older she has some special needs, so have to start researching that next week. She's never been in a kennel! We've always had dog sitters. But now she can't be left alone for more than 3 or 4 hours, so we can't use our usual gal because she works, and a good distance from our home. SIGH. Have a few ideas up my sleeve, we'll see.

Nic---So nice to hear you're having a lovely time w/your dad and SM, and good to hear your dad is doing well, all things considered. Did you like Downton Abby? I really enjoyed it, just like the show, calming and fun to watch.

Trig---Gads gal, you really had to go to town on all those costumes! I was giggling w/your description of non-crafty mom must rise to the occasion. Sounds like you did. Kiddo's new school sound like fun.

Loved Jaz's question about if Dio Brando was Marlon's son I had no idea who he/she? was either. But I figured it had to do w/the Japanese anime thing so many kids are into---which I don't get at all, but that's why they call me old.

Literally "cool" about the hunters getting a free refrigerator---yeah, bet they were happy about that! Have a hubby-free chillin' weekend!

Jaz---Oh, that roast recipe sounds SO DELISHMO! I'm going to give it to hubby to make---hah, he makes every recipe so easy for me and I for him. I stay out of his kitchen, and he cooks great stuff for me. DEAL-O!!! And I know what you mean, a roast smells SO good. I'm so happy for you to be in cooler weather so you can fill your house w/fall smells, plus new jammies. Doesn't get much better than that.

I love the way you really do take care of yourself by making your home feel cozy and treating yourself to home cooking, great sheets, new jammies---little luxuries that make being home such a refuge, a refuge you really need right now, and I can just feel your contentment thru your post. Contentment is a VERY GOOD THING. The opposite of "inflammation" in a spiritual sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Minnesota has pulled a Minnesota and we had snow flurries today---really almost more sleet, but still. It was so cold and windy and gloomy and freaking miserable outside.

So. I called up my pal and asked her if she wanted to go to the Art Crawl---which is a fab art show spread out in warehouses and buildings all over the city.
One of the locations is just 3 minutes from my door. So off we went.

What a great way to spend such a miserable day. This particular part of the Art Crawl is in an old brewery that has been converted to artists lofts. So some of the work is actually in the artists' individual lofts and studios, and lots more of it is all thru the hallways of this amazing old building.

We had so much fun looking at all the pretties. We each got a few lovely little things. They weren't a lot of money, but they are originals. I so like giving my money to artists. Then we went to a glass of wine and some French onion soup.

Home and cozy. Limping back onto the woe. Did well for a couple of days and then we had hubby's cousin and wife over for dinner last night and the hubs really outdid himself w/the meal, and I enjoyed it all, including the carbs.

...Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, it's only a day away." Sing along, LOL. Yeah GOT TO BE tomorrow. I feel just on the edge of gaining real weight back. NO.
Sponsored Links
  #2552   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-19, 18:59

BF:
Progress:

Hey Jazz---We cross posted, and I just popped back in to say a couple things.

First and foremost bravo girl on 6 applications! That's A LOT of work, but once you get started, your mojo follows. Again and again and again, as I always say, "the motivation is in the process." Don't sit around waiting till we "feel" like it. Just begin, and it's amazing how after 5 minutes, no one can stop you. Good thing for me to remember and type out here.

Secondly, bravo to you also on your attitude. You're right, really doesn't matter what they write up. As long as you have some references you can count on, you're fine. YAAAAAAAAS, they are your PAST. The future is calling jazzer. YAY.

Also, here's a book I think you'd really enjoy. "The Fabulous Bouvier Sisters." Story of the relationship between Jackie Kennedy and her sister, Lee. I'm older than you so I remember them both and those times. But even so, I just have a feeling you'd really enjoy this book. History, gossip, fashion, art, and the age old story of competitive sisters. Used to wish I'd had a sister, but the more I see of sisters, the more I don't feel cheated. Seriously it was like the pages had a fan on them I was turning them so fast.
  #2553   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 06:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hot damn got on the scale and down 1.5 this morning.

ahh, me thinks ditching the broccoli and lettuce and few small other veg let go of some water weight they hold. Carnivore all the way baby LOL

I need back into some of my pants for colder weather coming. right now is the time to lose some and get into those suckers

yesterday I ate:

12 oz ribeye cooked in minced garlic and butter and 8 jumbo shrimp with some cocktail sauce
1 slim jim
6 slices bacon
gulped down 1/2 protein shake from Atkins. got some left I have to use up and then I ain't buying those ever again in my lifetime. Going real food and that's it!
6 plain meatballs with some parm sprinkled on them. Kiddo had spaghetti and meatballs so I just grabbed some of them.
3 Philly cheesesteak things with bit of melted cheese and a little mayo slathered on it.

done deal. I am on that fence of the cheesesteak things. They are processed and not 'real' obviously, but they are all meat so? hmmm. Right now I am gonna leave them as an option cause they are so fast and I like them. Will decide later if they stay or go or are used sparingly One thing that made me grab them was they were on a big sale

Lori that is a good deal. Sounds like you mopped up for some good activewear! We are getting rain today, we sure needed it but I know I won't be out hiking in it Good thing you have more time to heal your shoulder area before swinging that club again. I think you will be fine by them, fingers crossed, I know you love your golf!!

Jaz, 6 positions. Good for you! One might be the perfect fit. Just don't start immediately. Make sure you get some time off....very important for ya! You need mental reclaiming your life time in between LOL I know the right thing is gonna fall into your lap.

Your roast sounds amazing and that would be a great dinner and one of the few leftover things I like to reheat. With some gravy and wet, the meat reheats so fine. I get that.

Trying to get some windows open here but still hot. AC happening....but I can crank it off and crack windows thru the night but that sun comes out and heats up the house and I gotta throw it on again. Close to getting it off but not yet

Blue.....snow flurries....sleet? YIKES. I can't even deal with any of that ever. The 3-4 times we get it in winter is enough to drive me nuts, I couldn't imagine a full blown snow winter like I had back up North. My life won't allow it any more LOL

Your Art Crawl sounds amazing. I bet that was a ton of fun. Getting out and wandering and seeing new things. Love it. It was a fun read on how your day went and finsihed with a great meal. Can't go wrong with a nice life like that

HI NICCO!!

HI GREG....are ya ever gonna pop back in? heehee

raining out.
need it bad.
not sure if hubby is getting rain or not. he is about 6 hrs away....sometimes we get it and he doesn't at the cabin. oh, well, hunters make due.

gonna be slow day. Kiddo got her period .....I put all that in cause I am SO DONE with all that and I am loving my NO more of that crap and now she got a lifetime of it. Made her super tired. Canceled the football game and said screw the homecoming. She has slept this whole weekend mostly. I remember that super tired. That feeling we all know when dealing with it. I don't miss it one bit

So today is basically relax and clean up a bit. Pick a job like bathroom and accomplish that and watch some tv and eat

I got 4 thin cut pork chops for later.

I think sausage and bacon with some melted cheddar on it.
Probably a tin of sardines and can of tuna with mayo.
(need to get my healthy sardine omega 3 oil into my life HAHA)
probably some jumbo shrimp today also. I am so happy I got the buy one get one free sale and got 8 bags of those lovely things. Going thru them like wild fire. Next sale buying more than that

got to hit the freezer and defrost 2 nice ribeyes for tomorrow and the next day.

chillax, same of stuff day here.
which is good, not in the mood to move much today anyway.

great day all
  #2554   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 07:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig.....congrats on that loss! Woohoo!! I lost from my DD yesterday, but am still stuck at the lowest number I've seen since starting this WOE. I want to get below that dang number!!

Hope DD doesn't feel too rough from her period. I used to have at least 1 day of really bad cramps. Like you, I don't miss it a bit! I went thru early meno, so I had my last period when I was 41 or 42. Good riddance!

Blue....your day yesterday sounded awesome. What a great thing to do on an ugly weather day. Topped off with wine and French onion soup...yum.

Jaz.....6 applications!! WOW! That is a lot of work for a Saturday. Good things are coming your way, I just know it! Keep tossing those pennies.

Nic.....I forget when you're traveling home? I hope the remainder of your visit went well.

----

We have a chilly start to the day. It was in the 30's this morning and so foggy. The sun is out now and it's supposed to get to the 60's. Another beautiful Fall day. I have a mountain of laundry to do along with bedding etc. I haven't started any of it....going to pace myself. DH wants me to make beef noodle soup for dinner tonight, so I'll be starting that around 3. I got good sirloin beef cubes, so I'll just be eating those and some broth.

Well, tis the season....I have my fuzzy blanket pulled over me and the cat is on my lap. She doesn't lay on us in the summer, but as soon as it gets cold out....she's no dummy.

Have a good Sunday everyone!
  #2555   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 09:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Woke up to a GRAY and Heavy Drizzle day! LOVING it. Like TRIG- we need the rain! It has been....... Dang I can't remember.

TRIG- I listened to Dr. Berry. I have listen to him before I just didn't retain his name. Yes I like him for sure. He makes alot of sense. The thing that REALLY struck me was the ability to get rid of EVERTHING that could be causing inflammation and add food back one at a time. It makes so much sense. Especially for me right now while the numbers are so high! -

I agree with you about "real" food 100%. I think that grass fed and hormone free is the way to go. I started buying free range eggs. they see to taste better. I don't know know if I EXPECTED them to so they do. But hey.......

:cheers: on another pound GONE!!!!! -

NIC- So glad you have a had a great trip with your dad. I am assuming you are getting home today! We want to hear all about it! I have never been to Austin! Please share!

BLUE- - I so agree with the MOJO concept. If I sat around and "waited" for it to APPEAR......... Yea I might not ever work! HAHAHA
I just had to sit down and put my nose to the grind and put out a few applications. I will spend 1 hour every day doing just that. Even if it is just one or two every day.

How is your endeavors going speaking of work? You are such a true artist in your own way. Especially with words and your designs.
I love though art shows!!!!! I would have gone with you as well!

I hear ya big time on about being on the verge of true weight gain!!!!! You will reel it in when you have decided enough is enough! Yup- have your hubby make you pot roast- low and slow.

I totally agree that taking care of ones self though what matters to them is essential. For you and I, we share the love of home. The cozy rugs, big pillows, candles, and warm comforting food. I know you miss your fireplace but you will find a way to nest up in front of your TV. But we definitely share that. Resting and just taking time out from all the trash that invades our minds- it is a wonderful thing. I love the simple pleasures.
Hey I will try out the book. I started one last night that was a bit to dark for me! It was all about death- NEXT. I have another one ready to go. I will have to share the name.But it is about a woman in NY in the 40's that is starting over. I love those types of books, movies, a different time and place.

Lori- - Low putter day for you too! Are you still digging the up/down thing? You have done so well on it.
Do you have a treadmill at home?
I am still waiting to see a pic of that fancy hair cut of your! You pretty thing!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------
Yup-gray and raining and in the 70's. I will take that over BLUE's SNOW anyway. I just can't do snow anymore. I like it from afar. I think has been several years since I have seen snow, truly. the last "big" snow I saw was when I was in Greenville. It was super warm prior so the ground was warm. Then a front blew in and dropped 4-5 inches of snow. It was GONE in a few hours. But for though few hours everyone loved it. It was one of those heavy wet snows, it blankets the trees. It was so pretty. And then- gone. The streets never got covered they were just wet. See I could deal with that.

Today is a putter day. I NEED to clear up and organize my main closet, and of course hit both bathrooms. I MIGHT pull out a dust rag- or I might not!!!!!
I have either steak or chicken. I am considering cooking up both. I am thinking of pan grilling the chickened then cutting it up for chicken salad. I can eat on that for a a couple days. I can also grill up the filets and slice those thin and have steak and eggs.

Tomorrow is a huge travel day- at least 5 hours behind the dashboard! I am going south West Atlanta and it isa 2.5 hour each way. I am doing that both Mon/ and Tue.
So it would be nice to have something ready to just grab when I get home.I also have leftover pot roast. So I am good until at least Thurs.
SIMPLE SIMPLE.......... I am doing everything I can to reduce my stress and move ahead in thinking! I m feeling better every day. One day at a time. My 30 days will be over in a flash and then begins a new chapter!

I would love to be a few lbs- lighter in this journey! I need to move this butt!!!! I do have a treadmill and a yoga tape I CAN do today.

I finally turned off the AC. I am sure my poor unit is giving a thumbs up! I have worked that poor thing 24/7 since May! So happy it is fairly new.
Remember that front screen door I installed when I moved in. It lets insight, but it also have a cool feature that you can lower the top windward a screen pops up. I pain extra for that and I LOVE that.
I have my screen open- fresh rainy air. Plus I get to listen to the rain.

Off into my day
  #2556   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 17:39

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---YAY on chiseling off another pound and a half. This EOD seems to suit you very well. What I think is great from how I know you, is that like me, you can have a big appetite. The EOD thing allows you to have an all you can eat LC/ZC day, w/out guilt or worry. Then, 24 hrs later, you get to do it all over again!

And it's not like you have to count calories in 100 different ways. You know what you need to do for your DDs and what you can have that adds up to it. Nice and simple, no clutter, nice clean plan. So you! And it's working!

Jaz---Morticia says congrats on your gray rainy day. Heaven I would think after all that heat and sun. I always think that the sun wants to throw you out into the world, and the rain wants to hug you and give you a place of refuge from it all. I love both and get antsy when either one goes on too long.

Wow, just 30 days till this job nightmare ends, and clears the space for NEW good things. I am so happy for you to soon have this period of your life in your rearview mirror!

Oh and hey, another rec for you. I seem to be running into stuff lately that girly girls like you and me like. You have Amazon network right? So check out the movie "Ladies in Black." Set in the 50's in Sydney Australia. Story of the women who work at Sydney's biggest department store. The art direction is so yummy, the clothing so fab. It's light, fun, delightful. Such a nice change from all the endless dark stuff out there these days, imo.

I grew up with lovely department stores. Malls didn't come into the picture till I was in my teens, so I have all these memories of my mother taking me to our town's department store to shop, and have lunch overlooking the capital square, in those upholstered banquette booths, w/white table clothes, even for lunch. Then I worked in that same department store from the time I was 15 till I was 20, and I loved it, so maybe that's why I loved this movie. The beauty and spirit of those stores, particularly at Xmas, when this movie begins, is something that is on the verge of disappearing.

Don't know y'all's tastes in movies, but I think everyone might enjoy this, including you Trig---as I know you love the old movies. This one isn't really "old", but has that old timey feel and elegance

Lori--- Nothing better than a beloved animal that's in the mood to cuddle up w/you. BTW, what is the name of that early bird cat of yours?

I understand wanting to just freaking beat that "lowest" number on the scale. It does seem like our bodies find a number they like and then just cling to it for dear life. But I do believe our bodies can be coaxed into a finding a lower even healthier number, and I believe you will.

Nic--- Missing you, girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a chillax to the max day, and I loved it. Weather was still gloomy, but warmer, no wind, no sleet. Next week the temps go up and the sun comes out. The leaves are just on the edge of doing their full fall peacock thing and I'm hoping for another couple weeks of blazing beautiful colors.

Weather really is the "wallpaper" of our lives and I find it so interesting how we all acclimate, what we love, what we don't. LOL, every year Trig and Jaz say they could never live w/the cold and the snow, and every year I tell them I couldn't live with the heat and humidity. I guess we all put up w/something to be where we want to be. Although gotta say, wouldn't mind getting out of here for Jan. and Feb. Ha, we need an RV set up like Trig's!

Today, on plan Stan. Going to come in around 30 NCs, prefer a bit lower, but certainly better than I've been doing.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Oct-13-19 at 17:53.
  #2557   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 19:10

BF:

OMG BLUE- I JUST watched Ladies in Black this evening- IT was GREAT- LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! HAHAHAHA we are so on same page!!!!!
I was itching to get on here and tell you about it!!!- It was fab!!!
It was the high light of my day- a real catch of cool movies. It took me outta my place and time- just awesome

GUES WHAT BLUE!!!! I found a place that delivers Walleye -
called Walleye Direct!!!! I am STOKED

Straight from your lakes. They are out of the 5 pound box I want. 11 pound box is too much. I will wait - It look awesome and gets 5/5 ratings for tastes, delivery, and freshness. I am very excited. I have never forgotten that walleye dinner.

check it out Walleye Direct!!!! As soon as the little box for 105. Comes in I am treating self. I now just need to think how I would cook it. I want it special!!!!
do you get it there in your store?/ - You LUCKY DOG if you do!!!!
Anyway- how would you make it!!!!!!!!

only 2 patients tomorrow and I am glad. I am doing nothing extra to pile n more work. What would it matter? Outcome is going to be the same........... So MEH......... I will see my two - it is a 2 hour drive there anyway- so that's all I need 4 hours drive 2 hours patient, 2 hours charts- done.

Keep the movies coming!!!!!!!- I watched and could wait to tell you about it!!!!!
HAHAHAHAH

- NIC-
BTW- OMG- my dish watcher running- but can't hear a thing!!!- LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

TRIg- Dinner- steak and gravy- going carnivore's! heheheheheh
I am full too-

HI LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quickie- in and out- I know- what's up with that. I normally wrote a book

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-13-19 at 19:25.
  #2558   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-19, 05:13

BF:

Blue a big appetite for me is an understatement HAHA I sure do love food. This is what got me into this mess LOL but healthier eating is a must in my life now. Can't eat the same old killer crap I did when younger. I wasn't effect with youth, now older omg the stuff I eat directly effects me where I know point blank what foods are helpful and other kill me Ahh, the wisdom of growing older ya know.....I was one to never put my menu with my physical body feelings. Now I do. Crazy stuff

Thing is I can run more from heat and humidity and still function outside with a pool around, or lake, or creek, heck a puddle HAHA but snow ya can't run from in a way outside. You have to jack up with tons of clothes to go out and play in it usually, get wet and freeze and walking around in it can make ya slip and fall....lol....old days I was a downhill skier on double black diamonds. Cross country skiing across lakes and thru state parks for miles on end. A little ice skating til I realized I had 2 left feet and that ice skating was gonna kill me. And driving to work was my worse nightmare, ruining a lot of nice high heels cause I went to work with no snow, came out into 8-10 inches falling and up North they never let ya out of work....down here 1 threat of a snowflake and everything closes down....I love it HAHA and I was never one to carry boots and change. OMG I hated to drag extra junk with me in big snow times. But you are so right, everyone deals with the weather they got....no matter what it is most of us want to change our immediate weather on a daily basis LOL

Jaz, walleye you say you had me laughing on that. walleye excitement. Never a fishy gal here. Fried flounder on occasion is all I can choke down for fish mostly. I wish I was a fish lover. Such low cal, good for ya, simple to make.

My back door has the same feature to the back porch. I just put the glass all the way down and the whole big top is screen. I love it. Lets in a ton of good breeze. I use my door all the time

Lori that was me too. 1 monster day of cramps then boom, a short 4 day time on it and done....I was one of the lucky types when it came to that. You went early on mena. I was about 52 or so when it went down but honestly if one never intends to have kids again, then we should be able to get early mena LOL luckily I am also a good mena. No hormones or nothing, all went down simple for me. In fact I started those darn hot flashes and LC and going more zero carb helped that a ton. Good riddance for sure!

Your DH wants beef noodle soup. brings back memories. my mom made a ton of that....omg so good when homemade and fresh. My dad loved it. Hope yours came out great!

hey all

nothing much doing. kid to school and she slept away the weekend and is feeling great now.

laundry happening.

rain over. needed it. I think warmer today again. will see.

have to hit grocery for few items that are on super low sale and figure I need more in the house so off I go for a very fast run, in and out.

hit the scale. nothing gone. the same. NOW IT IS time to put up the scale for a few weeks. I can't do the up 1, down 2, the same the same the same and then up 1/2 the down 2 again LOL Not checking for at least 2 weeks and check then. I am so over it.

I'll find something to clean today and call it a simple, easy, do mostly nothing day. sounds good enough to me

great day everyone
  #2559   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-19, 05:40

BF:

Good Morning!

I am car-less today. We dropped it off last night at a place to have it detailed. It will be cleaned inside and out plus waxed. Woohoo! My poor 8 year old car will at least be shiny!

I think today will be a DD...not sure yet. I have to rearrange my schedule this week as we're getting together Friday night with friends so I can't do my normal DD Friday. My days will either be Mon, Wed, Sat or Tues, Thurs, Sat. I really don't like to do DD's on Yoga days(Tues/Thurs) as I get ravenous afterwards.

I did all my laundry yesterday, so really don't have much to do today. It is quite chilly right now...30's. I'll wait till later today to do my run/walk when it warms up to the 60's with sun. I could walk to get my car when it's finished, but DH doesn't want me to walk along the busy road where the garage is located. I'm hoping that they call me that it's ready around Noon or so when DH is home for lunch. He and our son are going hunting this afternoon, so if it's not finished in time, I may just be walking to go get it. I NEED my wheels!

Blue.....I like the sound of the movie you recommended to Jaz.....I may just look it up. My kind of movie....I am not into guts and gore and scary stuff.

You asked about my cat's name.....it is Gabby. At 2 this morning I had some other things I wanted to call her!

Jaz.....hope you find a good Walleye recipe. Keep us posted!

Do your duty today and nothing more. I have a question for you. Like today you have 2 patients, yet "they" want you to see 5 a day. If only 2 are assigned to you on any given day, how on earth are you supposed to see 5? Are you supposed to drag people in off the streets? I'll be happy for you when this whole thing is behind you.

Trig & Nic.....I'll be back later to see what you're up to.

Bye!
  #2560   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-19, 09:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Back in town and checking in! Going to go back and review a few days worth of the thread and then go from there.

Trig- Is it this Friday coming up that you are going to Helen? I hope you enjoy it! The weather should be perfect for it.

Glad to hear your DD is feeling better. Seems like maybe she avoided getting sick by getting some extra rest. Smart girl!

Super well done on the weight loss that you have going on. Very pleased for you!!

Blue- So very glad you had such a wonderful time with your Boy-o. It must be so nice to see him thriving and growing in so many ways. I could just hear your pride and happiness!

BTW even though I hate realistic violence in movies, for some reason that doesn't apply so much to horror movies. Love The Shining and also the Sixth Sense, among others. Glad you got to show him a little REDRUM!

RE: the Dogger-- look into Rover. com. You could likely either have her at someone else's house, or even better, given her limitations, have someone come and stay at your house so she is in her familiar environment. We use Rover with good results.

The art show sounds great and a really nice way to spend a cold and miserable day. I am looking forward to hitting the holiday season craft shows! Also, added Ladies in Black to my watchlist on Amazon.

Jaz- How are you feeling from the statin so far? Any noticeable effects one way or the other?

Good on you for getting some walks in! And your roast sounded SO GOOD!

I'm so glad you like your dishwasher. May it serve you well for many years! BTW, I put a request in for that book (2A.) Sounds interesting!

GOOD ON YOU for getting applications in! You never take anything lying down. You are WOMAN!

Lori- As always you are leading the band with your exercise and movement. That is such a strength for it. I do it (walks or hikes etc) inconsistently or in spurts but I don't love it or crave it the way you do. I wish I did!

It will be nice to have a shiny clean detailed car!!

How cool about the banquet! Groundbreaking woman!

Promposals- I've definitely heard of them, with my kids being school age during that period. I always encouraged mine to go low key with that kind of thing and DS21 heeded that. DS17 hasn't taken a girl to prom yet so we've not had to contend with it, as Prom is only Jrs and Srs, and he went with a group last year.
DS21 definitely did do cute/sweet things but nothing expensive or huge.

ALL- Those of you taking COQ10, what brand do you use, and what purpose does it serve?

Also ALL- am I the only one who is still having to deal with TOM? Am I all alone on this boat?

••••••

I got back last Saturday night and then pretty much had to hit the ground running on Sunday. The fridge was quite literally empty- I should show you guys a pic. We don't keep a ton of stuff in there anyway but usually there is something on each shelf at least, you know- fruit for DS17, leftovers of some kind, etc. I looked at my DH and was like "Do you seriously not know where the market IS?"

I had to go shop anyhow bc I had a potluck to attend Sunday evening. I brought an app and a dessert. In the middle of that was the Ravens game- we won, yay! I think we are still first in our division, even though our playing is uneven.

The potluck was fine but honestly I was pretty tired. I felt a little disconnected, a little out of it. Had trouble focusing on it all after a while. Came home and collapsed to bed pretty early and slept well.

Today I'm taking a bit of downtime for the first half of the day. Watered the landscaping, did a load of laundry, that kind of thing. I'm babysitting for a couple of hours this afternoon. Today is a DD and a welcome one as I enjoyed a variety of food, drink and sweets on my trip to TX.

Picked up about five 4-hour shifts between now and when we leave for Amsterdam, from 4-8. I do love those 4-8 shifts. I get my whole day and then a little money in my pocket in the late afternoon/evening. DS17 has worked several shifts now and apparently will be scheduled about 3 days a week. I think that is a good amount of time, so he will have time for school work, friends, sleep etc as well. One of the days is Saturday. He said he would prefer to work Sunday over Saturday and he may be able to land that shift at some point- he needs to develop some seniority first. He says he likes the people he is working with.

Did I tell you guys that I reserved all of our lodging for our trip? We are using an apartment in Amsterdam that looks really nice. I worked out a discount deal with the owner that is a win-win for each of us- he makes a little extra and we get two nights free- by holding the apartment for the duration of the trip. Then we have another apartment in Bruges, Belgium, and will stay one night in Brussels, Belgium. Exciting!!

Not much else to report. Might take a short walk today but more than likely will hold off and then take a walk with my little babysitting babe to the park and back instead. Lovely day for it and she would enjoy it also. I'm also going to suck up my courage and drop a note in one neighbor's mailbox (the one who has the newborn already but also lives with her parents) and also stop by my other neighbor's house and give her a note to pass along to her son and his wife, who are expecting their first child. Just reaching out a feeler but without getting too all-in-their-face. It's sort of strange when dealing with neighbors who aren't asking for your services, but still wanting to promote my business!
  #2561   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-19, 17:28

BF:

YAY! Nic is back in da house! Glad to have you home before you take off on your next adventure!

All is right in my world. Shiny car is back in the driveway. They ended up delivering it since it wasn't going to be finished until 4 and I wouldn't have a ride to go get it. Score! Once I found out that timing, I set off on my run/walk around 1 or so. It was a beautiful day. My next run is scheduled for Wednesday, but the weather is supposed to take a nasty turn. Hoping I can get it in before the rain comes.

Had a successful DD today. Glad to have 1 under my belt for the week. Next 1 may be on Thursday and then another on Saturday.

7:30 and I'm thinking about my nice, warm bed already. Yoga early tomorrow morning. Nite all!
  #2562   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-19, 05:08

BF:

Nicco, very cool you hit the ground running but I sure bet you were super tired. I know after trips I need a few days to recover from those trips LOL Like most of us do

Very smart to put out feelers for your biz. You never know. You might not get those people but they can pass things on and before ya know word is out and about. What about hitting Women's Med Centers and maybe doing up a very small professional brochure? Distribute a few out there in biz where you are targeting your clients?

Amsterdam will be coming at you fast now and your apt sounds very nice. Good deals and a fine place to stay and enjoy your trip is always such a find!

Lori having your car delivered is cool. Sweet. Nothing better than a nice shiny clean smell vehicle! I have to get hubby to detail mine again soon. Glad your EOD is going well and working for ya.

Enjoy your early morning yoga....man girl you really move out in the exercise dept! I always feel like a super slug when I read what you do all the time

hey all
off to mom's for shopping
chilly this morn in the house. nice change. AC off. Windows open today....will see how hot it gets in the house later. Any AC off and windows open for a while is a good thing. Heck we can do windows open til Christmas....we usually have such easy fall/winter situations. Jan/Feb/Mar are the 3 months I don't like. and boring to boot

home later to clean up a bit
not doing much.
hubby to come home tomorrow then I start a real pack the rv for Friday. Only a few days, no kayaks and golf cart toys so super fast finish. Gotta make sure we got some blankets in there tho

off to get moving
great day all
  #2563   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-19, 05:49

BF:

YEA NIC is back!!!! - You ask about coq10. It is a vitamin that helps the mitochondria of your cells. For a lack of a better way- it is the energy builder of all your cells! As we age the cells get more "tired". So SHOULD be on Co-q10 200 mg at least! A statin leaches co-10. So that is why people need to supplement. I take that along with Vita D, and B, and Krill. Krill is starting to take center stage in several studies!

Your apt situation sounds great. Keep you "grounded" with a place to land in Amsterdam! I know you are getting exciting about it! Wow!!!! When do you leave?

LoriGood Morning our work out buff!!!!!
Oh you treated yourself yo a car detail!!! NICE!!! Love a clean fresh sparkling car!
Oh- to answer you question see below....... Sigh........

Any more weight losses on the scales? You have really sparked a trend!!!

TRIG-- goodness glad the kiddo feeling better! Yup- I am so glad that is behind me too! Sound like you and Lori had it EASY!!!!
Lucky ladies!!!
YUP NIC- You are the youngest - still with TOM!!! -
Can you all believe it will be 3 years in Jan. I had my Hyster?!?!?

Sounds like you are REALLY enjoying your TIME to yourself while the hubby hunting!!!

BLUE- - Hey how are you? What have you been up to these days? I know from your last post you are getting back into a simple 30 net carbs again. Does that work best for you?
Did you see my Walleye comment!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- Totally your doing! Get me hooked on a dish and then I have to PAY to have it shipped to me!
----------------------------------------------------

I like what I just heard Hoda say: Not all storms in life come to disrupt it- but to CLEAR A PATH!!!. I love that. I am going to put that on a sticky note and stick it on my mirrors !

I like TRIG's "I'm not getting on the scale"- I am going that too. I don't need that stress right now. As long as I do what I know is healthy and good for me- I don't need a scale to give me direction right now.

Ok- gotta get to writing my rebuttal- once it done it's done.
I am good!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Oct-15-19 at 17:11.
  #2564   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-19, 06:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Thanks for the welcome back! It is good to be home, both IRL and here!

Jaz- you first. Ouch. That was a rough last sentence there. I actually am not clear on what that means.. if you are terminated do you get anything for that or is that just BOOM, no job? Either way it is upsetting. You are a good employee and they just cannot see that at all.

Lori- Yay for a fresh clean and shiny car, and delivered to you no less! Awesome! Glad your DD went well. I don't mind DDs at all thus far. They are a nice counterbalance to an UD.

Trig- I am trying to figure out about brochures and business cards. First and foremost, I need a logo designed. I have ideas of how I want it to look and have toyed with something online but I wasn't thrilled with it. Once I have a logo then I would be ready to have someone do up some brochures for me and start going on distribution. Today I will be working on my contract.

It will be so nice for you to be able to have windows open for a couple of months! You guys really had to deal with the heat and I'm glad it seems to be behind you. We've had our upstairs window open at night for some time now. The heat does kick on briefly in the morning just to take the chill off.

Exciting that you are packing up for your trip!

•••••••••••

Today is an easy day. Mostly a few errands and a bit of business work. I thought I was going to an Integrity Training at work for an hour but I got the time wrong so I will go to one later on in the week instead.

UD today. Vacation weight is dropping off so that's good. Still a bit to go. I pulled some taco meat out of the freezer that I'll put over some shredded lettuce for lunch, not sure about dinner yet. I have to look over the schedule. One thing that has been aggravating about the UD/DD thing (which I love and will continue) is trying to mesh my schedule with everyone else's. Dh is working late tonight (which is my UD) and then home for dinner tomorrow night (my DD.) I have steaks to cook but if I cook them tonight then he will come home to cold steak, but I don't want to cook them tomorrow and now get to enjoy them. I need two meals on a DD and so I don't have room for steak, at least not of any quantity. Not sure how to manage that.

Now that I think of it, I do have some crab meat in the fridge that I should use, so now I am thinking crab cakes for tonight. That sounds delicious and easy too!
  #2565   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-19, 08:22

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....what a sh!t storm you are in. I have no words of wisdom as this is so out of my wheelhouse. Is that the right term? In other words....I have no experience with big corporations or HR difficulties. I would rather be a checker at the grocery store than put up with the mental anguish that you have been going through. Take it a day at a time....you'll make it through.

Yes...finally a new low on the scale...by a whole 2/10ths of a pound! Woohoo! Sigh.....my body is really fighting losing any more. I'll keep plugging along as I really like this plan. Maybe I should join the stay away from the scale club? Or.....like once a month weigh or something? I lost that 9 lbs and now I'm stuck going up and down the same couple pounds. I know getting back into running is not helping the weight loss. I know it sounds like it should help, but initially, it can cause stress and inflammation that hinders losing. What a conundrum!

Yoga went well this morning. I'm sitting here downing another cup of coffee and then it's off to the Sports Chiro. It's been 2 weeks since I've seen her as she was in Europe. I'm sure she'll be telling me all about it while she's torturing me.

Gotta run!
Closed Thread