Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-20, 06:54

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Lively discussion with Mark Sisson and Paul Saladino

I never heard Mark speak before and just bumped into Paul on some other podcast with Dr. Ted N - that was pretty good too. Paul is running his mouth at warp speed with lots of info and stoke and Mark add some really good calm insight and humor. I like these guys! Very open to new data and recall past personal dietary foibles - we all have these, and will continue to I'm sure.

If you think you've got it all figured out, my money will be placed on the bet that you (I) am wrong or misinformed at best.

Open your head for an hour...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbyKSQbf6e4

"Paul Saladino, MD Is Nose to Tail Carnivore the Optimal Human Diet?"

Host Mark Sisson welcomes carnivore diet expert Dr. Paul Saladino for a wide ranging conversation centered upon the exciting new carnivore diet movement.

"Paul is a psychiatrist and functional medicine physician who has become a leading authority and promoter of carnivore-style eating. Paul talks about his background of western medical training, his approach of practicing "root cause medicine," and his discovery of incredible results from carnivore in himself, his patients, and many enthusiasts.

Mark and Paul get deep into the science of how eating what we have always believed to be a healthy plant-based diet can actually result in nutrient deficiency (especially vegan and vegetarian), autoimmune and inflammatory conditions. Dr. Paul explains how coffee and tea can also deliver net negative results, especially in sensitive people. You will emerge with an excellent understanding of the premise behind carnivore beyond the knee-jerk reaction that this strategy is unfounded or even dangerous. Open your mind and learn about the radical concept that plant foods may not be necessary, and may even be harming your health."
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-20, 12:13

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I'm a Sisson fan Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-20, 23:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thud, your timing couldn't be better. Was talking with my brother yesterday, and he's been carnivore since the first of the year. He is reading Saladino's book, and urged me to read it. Hadn't heard of him before, and now twice in 24 hours. Thanks, this is great dialog.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-20, 06:28

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Yeah Rob, I think Saladino is the current hotness - at least Youtube (google) has figured that I'd be interested (even using google not logged in, just cookie history)

Paul brings a few things that I enjoy to the table:

- stoke
- interesting N=1 experiences shared
- he surfs 'nuff said
- commitment to nose to tail not just the "yeah, I ate liver once" kind of carnivores you tend to see around here and other places (I'd be one of those)
- open to new data (it appears - but his current zeal surely is coloring his current ideas )

Anyway, enjoy. The other pod cast where he trades ideas with Dr. Ted is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJWR4AVKDc

Different shades of agreement between the two - pointing in the right direction of health I think.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-20, 07:19

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

This was a very interesting discussion. I've been eating lots of vegetables recently, all low carb. It can be so hard to know what's best. I like Paul Saladino's idea of a carnivore based elimination diet and I might give it a go. Having just finished Marty Kendall's micronutrient masterclass which privileges protein and micronutrients from plants, it gets confusing although Marty Kendall allows for a lot of variation in the ways people go about increasing their nutrient density. Questions, questions, questions. Maybe the problem is my search for perfection rather than settling for good enough, as if I would recognize perfection if I ever reached it. Sigh... or even know when what I am doing is good enough.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-20, 07:36

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Thank you for posting this! I love it.