Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-12, 11:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%
Default Shopping guides from the EWG

I thought I'd pass along the links I got from the Environmental Working Group's newsletter today.
Quote:
Whether I'm trying to decide between the supermarket or farmers' market, what meats to buy or which fruits and vegetables I want, I turn to these websites first:

EWG's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce. I always check it when trying to decide which fruits and vegetables to buy organic and which are OK to buy conventional. And keep your eyes open - we will be updating this popular guide with new data soon.

The Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food Compass just released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. This interactive map shows where to find USDA-supported projects in your area that support local food.

The Label Decoder in EWG's Meat Eater's Guide to Climate Change + Health. We included this handy explainer on how to read labels on meat and dairy products. From free-range to lean, it helps you know what you're buying.

http://www.generationsoforganic.org...nic vs. Natural. What's the difference between natural and organic anyway? Our friends at The Organic Center have published this handy tip sheet to help us out on that one.

EWG's Sugar in Children's Cereal Report. In researching this report, published in December, we discovered that many popular cereals have more sugar than Twinkies or chocolate chip cookies. When I'm looking for an alternative breakfast choice, I check out the delicious recipes in EWG's Five Healthy Breakfast Tips.

I doubt most grocery shoppers on this forum need the last item, but I included it for completeness.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-12, 15:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/215/180 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Awesome links, thanks aj!